Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,466 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe (15161 Views)

LASTMA Official Caught Making Call While Driving / INEC Official Caught On Tape Thumb Printing Thousands Of Ballot Papers In Delta / Photos: INEC Official Caught With Thumb-Printed Ballot Papers In Ajeromi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by packman: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by meforyou1(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
Biggoozz: The Otondo was offered 8k, he was asking for more. The average LASTMA official cannot extort more than 1k from someone.
says who? lastma officials extorted N15,000 from my brother's friend. they even pleaded for 12k, the lastma big ffools refused. and seized the boy's car for 3 days. and collected unreceipted N15,000 for trying to take a wrong U-turn.
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by meforyou1(m): 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
texazzpete: So someone broke the law to 'entrap' a corrupt LASTMA officer?

Good. Sack the Lastma offical.

Arrest the motorist for breaking the law. Try him and sentence him.

That is how Justice should be dispensed. It will be a great travesty if the motorist goes scot-free.
sentence a motorist for breaking traffic rules? even jungles dont administer such foolish judgements
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by meforyou1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Fadelex: this evidence is not actionable in the sense that he collected the money and returned it instantly.
before some pple will say I'm supporting corruption, take a look at d scenario.
the motorist was arrested for breaking laws and immediately the lastma man entered d vehicle, the motorist brought out his purse and counted some amount of money, he gave it to the officer and after counting the officer returned it claiming it wasn't enough.

in the court of law, the officer will simply deny d allegation, he will claim never to ask for d money and that he only collected it to make sure of d motorist intention to bribe his way out. he didn't pocket d money.

I hope there's a concluding part to d video to nail him but d video released is not actionable enough
u better go and do omonile lawyer. and stop saying crap here now that your yoruba thiefing lastma agbero has been caught stealing.
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by obitobe: 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
they should arrest both the giver and the taker, because both of them are corrupt. this is my opinion and they should not only persecute the lasma guy alone.
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by texazzpete(m): 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
me_for_you: sentence a motorist for breaking traffic rules? even jungles dont administer such foolish judgements

'sentence' does not mean 'imprisonment'. It could (and will likely) be a fine...
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by badesco(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
It is not new so it is a normal thing within lastma ranks
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Fadelex(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
me_for_you: u better go and do omonile lawyer. and stop saying crap here now that your yoruba thiefing lastma agbero has been caught stealing.
deluded fellow, you think everybody think and act like a cave man that you are? it's people like you that make Nigeria to drift backward. go and Aluu-lize him now... idiat
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
horlajide: I hope he will be identified ASAP

If you've ever been harassed by this touts called LASTMA, or witness them harassing motorists, sorry to say but news like this would "sweeten your bellly" embarassed
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by BlackBaron: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
The problem here is that the ogas that would sack them are even greater thieves.

Farouk with his cap-full of Dollar$ still walks free. Oduah's BMW-gate is slowly being pushed under the carpet.

Many more cases abound.
A rigid anti corruption stance against any ant or every elephant bar none would do more good, than this new trend of 'eye service' dismissals of only erring low tier officials.
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Kween1: 2:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Surprise my foot! something they do every day, its belong they've been doing it jare....
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Funjosh(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
Thank God its not police this time. cool
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
In the infamous words of Ann Coulter....."The problem is not their complexion.....but their culture of corruption and criminality".....God i can't wait to sever the nationality ties i have with the hell ho*le called Nigeria!
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
Donalð Genes: Is the Lastma official Igbo man or Yoruba or Hausa man or from my state? i want know

Grow up man and stop being a racist.
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by nduchucks: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bribery is wrong and extortion is damned wrong. On the other hand, most of you people can't feed your dogs on the salaries of these low level policemen, let alone your family of 2 or 4. In the meantime, the funding which could have gone into better salaries for important professions as Police and Army, are being extorted and shipped abroad by your leaders, while you low lifers are left to villify yourselves, while they are vacationing in Dubai and Aruba. SMH
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Presbulg(m): 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
Until we stop all these acts, Nigeria might never be a developed country.
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by ASL33: 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
ndu_chucks: Bribery is wrong and extortion is damned wrong. On the other hand, most of you people can't feed your dogs on the salaries of these low level policemen, let alone your family of 2 or 4. In the meantime, the funding which could have gone into better salaries for important professions as Police and Army, are being extorted and shipped abroad by your leaders, while you low lifers are left to villify yourselves, while they are vacationing in Dubai and Aruba. SMH
nobody forced them to take the job. If d salary is not enof for the family quit and start selling pure water.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by delegiwa(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
rozayx5: EKo Oni Baje oh, Tinubu's Army performing as usual grin grin

Pally, this is a very idiotic post!
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by nairaner(m): 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by emmaelectelect(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
rozayx5: EKo Oni Baje oh, Tinubu's Army performing as usual grin grin
Some will blame it on GEJ!!!
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by WildChild00(m): 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
The bulk of revenue generated from Lastma to the Lagos State Government via this corupt method can never be over emphasized, your car broke down in the middle of the road, u are fined, etc
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Dee60: 7:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
BlackBaron: The problem here is that the ogas that would sack them are even greater thieves.

Farouk with his cap-full of Dollar$ still walks free. Oduah's BMW-gate is slowly being pushed under the carpet.

Many more cases abound.
A rigid anti corruption stance against any ant or every elephant bar none would do more good, than this new trend of 'eye service' dismissals of only erring low tier officials.

They dismiss them without prosecution so they can graduate to armed robbery and kidnapping! The country stinks! May God save us.
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by MEILYN(m): 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
okay now, shey Jonathan is working? Naija go better.
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
Na today!
Re: LASTMA Official Caught On Tape Collecting Bribe by Tosyn007(m): 2:30am On Nov 16, 2013
Well this is naija where the norm is abnormal and the abnormal, normal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Leaves For Saudi Arabia To Perform Umrah In Ramadan / Jonathan Was Never Committed To Defeating Boko Haram – Osinbajo / Patience Jonathan Escaped Two Assassination Attempts – Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.