Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,521 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New (1378 Views)

Stop Trying To Meet Someone If You Have Someone / My Chat With Someone New I Met On Facebook: Can A Divorced Marriage Be Fixed? / Do U Ever Wish U Had A Second Chance To Meet Someone Again For The First Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by girlsoswit(f): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2008
When you are already into a blossoming relationship that possibly might lead to the altar and then suddenly you stumble or bump (as the case may be) into an angelic creature whom you find perfectly irresistable and the next thing that goes on your mind is hw to hook up with this person (whether you are a guy or a lady) and yet there is someone in your life who needs all ur care and attention, yet u cannot let the new catch slip off your arms just like that. What are you going to do? Are you going to result in double-dating or u simply let go just like that even though you cannot stop thinking of this person.

What if to make it worse, ur relationship b4 meeting the 'new catch' is just 2 months or say probably 2 weeks? Comments please.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by savanaha: 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2008
It all depends on how important marriage is to you. If it can wait then you can dump the alter boy and date the greek god. If marriage is the axis in which your world rotates then marry the alter boy and fantasize about the greek prince which in some way is cheating without the emotional baggage.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by KarmaMod(f): 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2008
Make a list

Pros and Cons of the 2 and see who has more "cons"

although I would say this "angel" just might be the complete opposite once you get tangled in this triangle
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by Hannibal: 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2008
girlsoswit:

When you are already into a blossoming relationship that possibly might lead to the altar and then suddenly you stumble or bump (as the case may be) into an angelic creature whom you find perfectly irresistable and the next thing that goes on your mind is hw to hook up with this person (whether you are a guy or a lady) and yet there is someone in your life who needs all your care and attention, yet u cannot let the new catch slip off your arms just like that. What are you going to do? Are you going to result in double-dating or u simply let go just like that even though you cannot stop thinking of this person.

What if to make it worse, your relationship before meeting the 'new catch' is just 2 months or say probably 2 weeks? Comments please.

Keep the 2 of em . . . . . It's worth the risk if u can multi-task!!!!
While u are it, remember the 11th commandment. . . . .Thou shall not be CAUGHT!! wink wink wink wink
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by sistawoman: 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2008
Then my dear I would say your really not into the person you are seeing.  If you were really into the person you are seeing then no one else will be able to catch your eye.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by StephenP(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2008
How does that saying go again? "Better the devil you know than the angel you don't" I think that's how it goes. Anyway, that saying has never been any truer.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by rubi(f): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2008
@Topic Ponder, you lust after one and love the other
Slow down, don't through away what you have because of new catch
Time will tell
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by Gamine(f): 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2008
Better late than, pregnant
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by Seun(m): 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2008
The only "relationship" I respect is marriage. Any other type of relationship can be broken any time T.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by ima1(f): 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2008
as long as you remember that not all that glitters is actually GOLD.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by rampant(f): 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2008
rubi:

@Topic Ponder, you lust after one and love the other
Slow down, don't through away what you have because of new catch
Time will tell

you are wrong,because smtimes that one u think is urs might not really be urs
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by topup: 1:45am On Aug 10, 2008
At first I was going to comment on the fact that after 2 months, I don't think I'd be thinking about going to the altar just yet. But I know that's a big lie!! If the guy seemed to be ticking all the right boxes then I seriously might believe my future is sorted, though it's not smart to think this way.

2 months? Hmmm, well if I felt that I wanted to marry the guy then I wouldn't leave him for ANYBODY, I've been tried and tested, the guy I had a major crush before I went out with my ex starting hinting heavily how attractive I was, how beautiful I was, basically he suddenly was into me, and at that time I found him more attractive than my guy, but I knew what my guy was giving me in terms of his love, trust and the whole package was not worth losing.

My advice is don't rush anything, let time do the work. Of course I am not with the ex anymore now, and the guy I was interested in is still coming onto me, but if I hadn't stayed in that relationship and tried my best to make it work, then I would have immense guilt, especially if he truly loved me. Also this guy now who's sending all the signals could be fake, we could end up disliking everything about each other in the first week.

Who knows.

All I know is that I would never jeopardise what I have with someone at that moment for a fantasy, a thought, something that is mere fiction. NEVER.

Emphasis on the 'I think the relationship might lead to the altar' lol why would I want to jeopardise that?

(Though a lorra lorra people do!)
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by adex285(m): 8:39am On Aug 10, 2008
follow your heart girl friend,
i belive you know whatz best for you.thatz all i could say.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by tammyswits(f): 9:10am On Aug 10, 2008
Stay with your guy its normal to fall for other people, it cd be just a crush and will come to pass if you dont nurture it.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by whitelexi(m): 9:17am On Aug 10, 2008
If u find someone else that attractive then your present guy doesnt mean much to u. It may be time to re-assess your relationship with him. If this new guy feels the same way as u - also finds u irresistible, then i think u should consider that critically too. . . I think it is better to be happy than to live with the thought of someone else somewhere out there.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by iice(f): 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2008
2 weeks relationships gives you the feeling of ending up at the altar? undecided
Na wah, all these bumping into angels that gets one confuzzled hmm!

Personally, if am in a committed relationship, there is not angel or devil that will be tempting.
Until i determine that the 'blossoming' current relationship that i have has reached it's potential and cannot further grow or it's stuck, then that will be the time to let the temptation run it's course.
But say, never say never he bothers my thoughts too much - i'd just let both of them know what the deal is.
Not much for stringing people along.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by magentam(f): 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2008
Just be careful, not all that glitters is gold and sometimes, the devil you know is a whole lot better.
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by abikelat(f): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2008
Meetin a new guy. That real deadly wat if he just want to play u and leave
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by spikedcylinder: 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2008
When you are already into a blossoming relationship that possibly might lead to the altar and then suddenly you stumble or bump (as the case may be) into an angelic creature whom you find perfectly irresistable and the next thing that goes on your mind is hw to hook up with this person (whether you are a guy or a lady) and yet there is someone in your life who needs all your care and attention, yet u cannot let the new catch slip off your arms just like that. What are you going to do? Are you going to result in double-dating or u simply let go just like that even though you cannot stop thinking of this person.

What if to make it worse, your relationship before meeting the 'new catch' is just 2 months or say probably 2 weeks? Comments please.

That my dear is called, eating your cake. . . . and attempting to have it!
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by MrCrackles(m): 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2008
Well apparently it is now possible to eat your cake, share your cake and have it at the same time! grin
Re: When You're In A Relationship And You Meet Someone New by spikedcylinder: 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2008
Brash!:

Well apparently it is now possible to eat your cake, share your cake and have it at the same time! grin

Lol!

(1) (Reply)

When There's No More Love In A Relationship? / The Complete Guide Of Laying A Girl / Love Vs Affection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.