Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars (2696 Views)

Oduah Loses Bid To Stop Bulletproof Cars Probe / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars / Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by naijacenter(f): 8:32am On Nov 18, 2013
The panel set up to investigate the accusation levied against the Aviation minister, Stella Oduah, has carried out their findings with recommendations added.

According to the lawmakers, Princess Oduah forced the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority to buy the bulletproof cars that cost N222m, contrary to the claim made by the minister.

They recommended that Oduah should face a three year jail term for spending public money recklessly without passing due process or waiting to be added in the budget, they also added additional N100,000 fine

Findings read “That the contract for the purchase of the cars was not listed in the budget by NCAA, the agency compelled by the minister to make the purchase, and was not listed by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA).

“That spending public funds on unbudgeted projects attracts three years in jail and a fine of N100, 000 as stipulated by the ICPC Act.”

“The minister has not addressed why the NCAA paid a price tag that auto dealers in the US and UK described as ‘a rip-off’. It is a fact that each of the BMW cars should cost no more than $167,000 which is approximately N36 million.

Part of their revelations showed that Stella Oduah did not present NCAA request to FEC for approval and buying and paying later is against the extant laws of the federation.

It reads: “Aviation minister approved NCAA’s request to procure 55 operational vehicles valued at N564.665 million; there is no evidence to show that the Hon. Minister presented NCAA’s request to FEC for its approval. Further, the attempt to procure now and pay later is against the extant laws of the federation.”

Therefore, their recommendation is that “the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria should review the continued engagement of the Hon. Minister for Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, having contravened the 2013 appropriation and approved revised thresholds by exceeding her approval limit of N100m with the purchase of 54 vehicles valued at N643m”.

Read full article here: http://www.naijacenter.com/scandals/oduah-slammed-lawmakers-recommend-3year-jail-term-bulletproof-cars/
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:36am On Nov 18, 2013
Hahahahahaha.

They can recommend killing fowl and goat. Yeye people.

Let them come jail am now. Na only talk dem sabi talk?
Make them come try am.
I dare them.
Infact, I double dare them all.
Touch our Stella and see.

Stuupid goats!

9 Likes

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by JECBOSS: 8:37am On Nov 18, 2013
OK
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by adezjamz(m): 8:38am On Nov 18, 2013
Others comment b4 I modify ♍¥ post cool grin

1 Like

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Gorrbachev: 8:39am On Nov 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Hahahahahaha.

Make them come try am.
I dare them.

Stuupid goats!

They are all thieves right? But She was embarrassingly caught in the act but the government of the day has refused to enforce the laws meant to deal with such situations like in many cases before Oduah. The President is supervising a free for all looting.

Jonathan might be the first President to be hauled before and disgraced in a court after office no matter how much money he has. They way he is being treated with contempt and disdain as the most powerful man in the country will be the same way he'll be treated when he leaves office and with no power. Why not clean the system and uphold the rule of law instead of hoarding cash. Its not about money, its about where he's from.

6 Likes

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Mynd44: 8:42am On Nov 18, 2013
The FG is not committed to anti-corruption cos the FG itself is corrupt.

Do they need the Senate to carry out findings before the EFCC and ICPC gets involved in this?
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by sylvar02(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2013
Too good
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2013
They should free this woman abegi, agreed she made a mistake yet they don't have to sack or jail her because this is Nigeria and we have seen people who stole billions of pension fund and nothing has happened to them. She's doing well at the ministry, I recommend they let her continue her good work. Hope the news is not false shaa smiley

1 Like

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Kx: 8:51am On Nov 18, 2013
naijacenter: According to the lawmakers, Princess Oduah forced the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority to buy the bulletproof cars that cost N222m, contrary to the claim made by the minister.
“That spending public funds on unbudgeted projects attracts three years in jail and a fine of N100, 000 as stipulated by the ICPC Act.”
Read full article here: http://www.naijacenter.com/scandals/oduah-slammed-lawmakers-recommend-3year-jail-term-bulletproof-cars/

That is the dictates of a law that was enacted to fight corruption in high places right?
N100,000

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by gregg2: 8:54am On Nov 18, 2013
Which media again is naijacenter.com

1 Like

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Ngwakwe: 8:55am On Nov 18, 2013
This article and by extension this thread belongs to the trash as no committee in the house has any right to recommend jail terms thereby usurping the authorities of the Judiciary.

Nigerian News are now synonymous with gossips
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Evanisgud(f): 8:59am On Nov 18, 2013
Na dem go chop money na still dem go say they chop money, yeyeious pple.
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 18, 2013

Make them come try am.
I dare them.

Stuupid goats!
Ok u av stated your view, you can pick up your books and study while expecting ASUU to call of the strike delaying your Matriculation..
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by drnoel: 9:06am On Nov 18, 2013
Gorrbachev:

They are all thieves right? But She was embarrassingly caught in the act but the government of the day has refused to enforce the laws meant to deal with such situations like in many cases before Oduah. The President is supervising a free for all looting.

Jonathan might be the first President to be hauled before and disgraced in a court after office no matter how much money he has. They way he is being treated with contempt and disdain as the most powerful man in the country will be the same way he'll be treated when he leaves office and with no power. Why not clean the system and uphold the rule of law instead of hoarding cash. Its not about money, its about where he's from.
but mark my words, if that ever happens he won´t go down alone. He will drag many and every other people down with him. GEJ may appear dumb but he is no fool. Didn´t u see how he handled those ludicurious old fools in Maidugiri, when they tried to threaten him with Boko Haram. He told them told "If u know them call there names". The man may be dumb but a fool he is not. Believe me, our politicians have more fear of being dragged down to the mud than their opponents.
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2013
Ijogz K: Ok u av stated your view, you can pick up your books and study while expecting ASUU to call of the strike delaying your Matriculation..

kiss
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Asabeq(f): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2013
Na today? Where is farouk and the oyo woman that stole 5bn pension fund??
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by femogbangba: 9:12am On Nov 18, 2013
Exactly what this corrupt woman deserves
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by femogbangba: 9:13am On Nov 18, 2013

Make them come try am.
I dare them.

Stuupid goats!

What will you do Alfa? Invoke Satan on them? Please keep shut!!
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by RoyalRoy(m): 9:16am On Nov 18, 2013
Haba, jail ke? You know she is our daughter, even though she is a thief. Other people's sons and daughters steal too only they were not caught.

"Our daughter" is being hunted because she wants a slice of the national cake.
Whats bad in that?

Please leave our thief of a daughter alone to enjoy her loot. Please!!!
Jealousy people and bad belle.

tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:16am On Nov 18, 2013
Just 3 years after stealing 5million dollar worth of our patrimony Very pathetic indeed!
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by brainzdh(m): 9:22am On Nov 18, 2013
Asabeq: Na today? Where is farouk and the oyo woman that stole 5bn pension fund??

...in the other news:

The smallest bank in the world was found in Nigeria. It housed a lot of cash in foreign currency. The bank's name is Hon. Mallam FAROUK's CAP

1 Like

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by raytony: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2013
Please who can help me out? I need to steal 225 million naira. I don't mind going to Kirikiri maximum prison for three years.
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Pattey(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2013
Mynd_44: The FG is not committed to anti-corruption cos the FG itself is corrupt.

Do they need the Senate to carry out findings before the EFCC and ICPC gets involved in this?

I would have given a million likes to your post if I dint HATe Mynd angry

To the matter, what can I say? Let the E-war begin!!! cheesy . . . E-Tribalists, how market? grin

#She's our daughter, she can do no wrong LOL
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Pattey(m): 10:14am On Nov 18, 2013
Asabeq: Na today? Where is farouk and the oyo woman that stole 5bn pension fund??

So because of em two folks, eryone else is licensed to steal, abi?

FYI; the Oyo woman is facing trial! Don't you have/watch TV?
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Pattey(m): 10:21am On Nov 18, 2013
Konmight: They should free this woman abegi, agreed she made a mistake yet they don't have to sack or jail her because this is Nigeria and we have seen people who stole billions of pension fund and nothing has happened to them. She's doing well at the ministry, I recommend they let her continue her good work. Hope the news is not false shaa smiley

Yeah, she is doing soooo well isn't she? Don't mind haters EXCEPT for facts such as Airport roofs are leaking and buckets are used to collect water, oh, and an international airport is almost as hot as hell!

What else? Errrmmm, yeah, there has been so much RENOVATIONS worth billions of naira, yet the airports are what they are cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by nairaman66(m): 10:25am On Nov 18, 2013
3yrs jail time and N100,000 fine?? Middle finger to the SENATE, FG.. Nigeria is indeed a corrupt den!!
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2013
There is nothing those bloody r.ogues can do, not only `recommend`, they should also come pass and execute the judgement themselves.
As long as Farouk Lawan is a member of that house, they have no moral right to judge any other person after all OBJ called them Honourable Criminals and Robbers, what did they do?

1 Like

Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Pattey(m): 10:32am On Nov 18, 2013
luvinhubby: There is nothing those bloody r.ogues can do, not only `recommend`, they should also come pass and execute the judgement themselves.
As long as Farouk Lawan is a member of that house, they have no moral right to judge any other person after all OBJ called them Honourable Criminals and Robbers, what did they do?

You sentimental hypocrites should get this through your "demonically-thickened" skulls; Everyone might be a thief BUT its the person who gets caught that is the BARAWO (a.k.a Guilty!)
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by InnoReborn: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2013
Petty rumor from a petty news outlet!
I hope you folks realise it will be easier for Satan to Make heaven than for Oduah to be sacked, let alone jailed!
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by leggo: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
pls stella is doing what we want.. our daughter is a role model to all and sundry.. our daughter is a reflection of our tribe!!
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by BabaEleko(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2013

Make them come try am.
I dare them.

Stuupid goats!

Touch ur Stealer and see wetin?!? Your Aunty dey go jail, if u like kill urself she must join ur other uncles wey dey dia.
Re: Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars by Ngokafor(f): 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
.....so some people are still on stella's case??...Stella Odua will go to jail when hell freezes over!
....3 year jail term my left foot!,thieves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Is Putting Posters All Over My Area, I Have Destroyed 3 / Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana / BREAKING NEWS: Gov Fayose Allegedly Bans Use Of Northern Educational Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.