Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:30 AM

If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? (9431 Views)

10 Steps To How To Grow Your Fortune Producing Pop Corn / Dangote Lost Half Of His Fortune In The Last 6 Months? / How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Presbulg(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
yuzedo: huh? wuz these?! angry donate wot! did charity donated half her fortune to me?! angry

Anywayy plis av been in comma since sattuday mornin. did u voat for me? did i won d anambra electon?? can i start answering govonor cheif sweetus his exccelentcy? embarassed

before you know it, four years would be complete grin
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by chelsea1116(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
If u can gv half of woteva u hv nw den u can gv half wen u hv a billion.

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by iykemoney90(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
make d money come first nw....

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by packman: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by ichidodo: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
NO!
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
LesbianBoy:

HYPOCRITES!!! angry

Exactly! Don't mind them.

@Topic : H..to the No! Half my fortune ke? Partaking in philanthropist acts, yes...but half Mba

2 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by ebamma(m): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
raytony: If I become a billionaire today, I will first go to Aboki stand and buy suya worth of 100,000 naira and after that, I'll start thinking of what to do with the remaining money.
u get good plans sha, abeg when u wan chop the suya, abeg try flash me make i follow come chop
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by madnesscom(m): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
I go do am if I 100% sure say my business neva de fold 2day 2moro.
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by MrAboki: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
NEVER...

My money... My hustle.

If Charity wants money, it should go and hussle.. angry
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by 50calibre(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
There are different classes of billionaires, there are single digit billionaires, & there are double digit billionaires.

So for me, it will depend of 3 things

1 - What kind of billionaire am I, if I'm worth just $2 bill, no way am I giving half

2 - The kind of children I have

3 - Where majority of the wealth is held, assets, shares, or even cash. I ain't about to split my company in 2, give away half.

What I do know is, I would give a considerable amount away, not too much that it will crumple my empire, not too little I don't feel the itch.

As Slim Helu once said, you give the fruits away, not the trees.

4 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by AjanleKoko: 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
There are no real billionaires in Nigeria.
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by IAMBREEZY: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
Yeah i'll definitely do that even now i usually give out.
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by sheylarhh(m): 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
Half of my hard earned fortune is too much... But i'll make sure i donate like 1/4 to charity

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by agent9(m): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Kagawa: According to msnbc, Warren Bufett, Mark Zuckerberg and 40 other Billionaires are giving away half of their fortunes to charity.

As a Nigerian Billionaire, would you do the same?

NO
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by OPIAjesus: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
1% of the fortune will be ok 4 madam charity
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by stevebond007(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
walahi una no answer d question WILL U GIVE AWAY HALF Of UR WEALTH TO CHARITY. not wat u will do wen u rich.

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by NellyGhenghen(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
Kagawa: According to msnbc, Warren Bufett, Mark Zuckerberg and 40 other Billionaires are giving away half of their fortunes to charity.

NO. who is charity? I know personally so many people who cant go to school because of common 50k school fees, I know families who struggle to eat three times a day, some even buy Garri and wait for 1hour for it to swell so it will be enough for everyone, I know graduates and family men with brilliant business ideas but no finance to actualize it, i will rather help these people directly, than one rubbish NGO that ll end up buying just indomie for the motherless children and the rest is history.. These guys above are just hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by anitank(f): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
A fraction maybe, but half? NO
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by cutebobo(m): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
All I know is that, it is easier said than done
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by anitank(f): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
sheylarhh: Half of my hard earned fortune is too much... But i'll make sure i donate like 1/4 to charity
Even 1/4 is too much still. Michael Jackson himself didn't do it
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by smithsammy(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
first and foremost, i want to thank the lord for the privilege. becus a friend sometime, somewhere once told me that am jobless for using the major percentage of my day on nairaland. but see today, am a first to comment on a front page post.
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by anselm791(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sure why not? In fact when I die, ALL my fortune should go to big charities like 'help my children stand in life', 'save my village from poverty' and others like that.
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by albacete(m): 4:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
Make i make am first. To test a man's true character, give him stupendous wealth. I wish those of us saying yes will actually do that if they actually get a billionaire status. Talk is cheap.

Make una wait here, lemme hustle for the billions sharp sharp. I dey come...
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by glimpse(f): 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
[size=8pt]WHO IS CHARITY?[/size] undecided
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by mustaphagreens(m): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2013

no, why charity? in lieu of her, i'd dole it out to nairaland babes like anatank and adaobi grin grin
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
Na dem work the money for me when I go use am for charity?
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Chuksyd1: 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
Me ah can't 0h...that Charity 0f a qirl is t00 stubb0rn and wicked,ah have been beqqinq her since t0 be my l0ver.....
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by AGBORMAN1(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by bigx(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
No I wont donate. A lot of charities are packaged scams with only a small percentage of donations going where they are needed.

There's a difference between teaching to fish and giving fish.

I would rather empower others to be multimillionaires or even trillionaires

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by NadiaSA1(f): 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
No!
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by phtemie(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
It depends on the level of my wealth..You know say billionare pass billionaire..

Then there are other ways to impact lives positively and increase the standard of living of the less privileged.You don't necessarily need to dish out your money to charity to show how kind-hearted and good you are..Philantropy can be achieved through many means.
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Litmus: 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
Tonniey: I will make sure I sponsor enough nigerian students to study in havard and oxford university so that some opportunists who had d grace to school there wont come here and rubbish Nigerian students telling them they are not employeable!!!
That's statement still make me sad whenever I remember it.
I will also make sure that I touch all the higher institution I attended here so dat many will school on scholarships and there won't b need for money 2 finance their project or research work. (Imagine u submitted your research proposal to your supervisor nd he collected d fund bt neva intimate u nd u still went on paying through ur nose for the research and @ d long run, when he/she writes a paper from your work, ur name will appear in d last author!!!)

Wish could give a 100 likes

Personally, I would open a bank of Give Away here in England and hand free money to anyone Nigerian before closing up and going to Nigeria to Fund Free Food Centers all over Nigeria and Free schools of programing and software development staffed by highly competent educators. Fund tree planting. Lobby for my border rivers project. Open factories. Invest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See EFCC Order Asking Heritage Bank To Freeze Geonel Integrated Services Acct / How To Open US Bank Account For Non Resident / Financial Freedom Enlightenment: Become Financially Free Through MailDrops (MD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.