Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,338 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! (21459 Views)

Nairalanders, Share Your Marshmallow Experiences Here / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by vtv005: 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
Please I am for sale!!!!!

A Nigeria used padded Benz 230, with automatic gear, alloy wheel, a/c confirmed, brand new tyres and spare. Standing very firm. Asking price is N 350,000.00. Call 08051574147 for more information. LOCATION; OGUN STATE.

Also for sales is a Nigeria used Camry (Pencil light). This car was used for just seven months and the papers expires on April 2014. Millage: 34000km. Asking price is N480,000.000

ONLY SERIOUS BUYERS SHOULD CALL PLEASE... ABEG NO FLASHING!!!

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Jaywilzee(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
3times.......first time 2007 in calabar my first eva fone (motorola blade)....got lost yle writin exam...cried my eyes out culdnt eat....2nd was sony ericsson 2010...was supose to go to church bt kept stallin cos I was playin ps2.dy stole d fone n left d charger(lied at home dt I lost d fone in d taxi on my way home).lastly...nokia X2 2013....robbed at home..evrytin was stolen rangin frm laptop to can malt....culdnt cry cos tears was unavoidably scarce..................
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Meekmind(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Youngsage: Has your phone(s) ever been stolen/lost/dissapeared mysteriously, if yes how and where did it happen? Did you get it back?

How did you feel immediately you realised that your phone was gone, with valuable data such as your contacts, photos, etc which might never be retrieved? Did you report to a police station?

And how did you get over your loss, do you still miss the phone in any way?

Over to you Nairalanders, let others learn from your experiences!
Mine was after service in church, I unplugged d fone 4rm d socket and placed it near my head, thinking dat I'll soon live 4 ouse, lo and behold wen i woke up i couldn't find it, it was as if i was still sleeping..Men dat day i no get myself @ all(Even though i stole d fone 4rm my dad's wardrobe and replaced it with a spoilt one)
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
mysticgal: my phone has never lasted for 1 year,i dunno but it gets missing mysteriouslyundecided But this one am currently using is going to stay i promise >sad
techno customer
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Ignatio(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
The first phone I lost was in a keke. Slipped out of my pocket, I didn't know. Later called the number but it had been switched off.

2nd phone I lost was stolen 5 yrs ago by an old classmate from secondary school. Dude came to my house. I left my phone with him to take my bath. When I got out from the bathroom dude was gone.

3rd phone I lost was in during my service year in Kebbi. How the phone got out of my jeans pocket without me noticing I can't explain.

4th phone I lost was last week. I was struggling to enter a bus with other commuters when I felt something left me. I checked my phone it wasn't in my pocket. I moved out from the crowd to checked again. Then I realized the phone was pickpocketed. Called the number it rang twice then got switched off. I nearly cursed the person that stole the phone. He/she should Thank God I didn't.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by creativemusic: 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin na bad experience ooooooooooooooooo, sudden girigiri, sudden heat all over the body grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
Harbosede02: *sobs*op!y do u remind me of my lost phones...well d way i misplace my last fone is still a mystery 2 me,i was hiding my fone 4rm my brodas and kept it inside ike garri,eva since then!!i neva see my fone again 4 d past 8months.
2 tins are involved eida ur phone turn to garri or dem use ur fone take soak garri.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by buoye1(m): 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
skullz: My own happened years back at all airforce games, i put my fone inside my tight boxers sleep cos criminals full ma hostel. Mehn as i sleep dem tear my boxers shift my preek collect my phone. I woke up to see my torn boxers...I no fit shout!
hehehe..Lucky u dude,u dey sleep dem tear ur boxers u knw no...na wa 4 u!!!dos guys were kind to u dem no suppse shift ur preek dem suppose carry am join........can't stop laughing jOor
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by InvertedHammer: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
ajetunde: Google Nexus 4 had launched sometimes in November 2012, I preordered the sleek phone from US Playstore through a procurer (O & O Gadgets). The phone came sometimes Mid January (Shipping + purchase = 71,000 NGN) and I was just taking my time to move slowly from my yeye BB to this Android machine.....UNTIL

One unfaithful morning of Jan 2013.....

As the hustlers at CMS would have it, I had decided to leave home very early that morning (office is in VI), got to CMS and found out that there were no buses and you would have to fight your way into one. To cut the story short, my phone was moved from my pocket to an unknown destination while I was struggling to get into a bus. I still can't explain what I felt for the next 2 hours.

I got to the office and started Googling orisirishi grin grin grin, my hope lasted for about 3 days. I later swore to myself that I wouldn't buy a good phone until I bought a car.

IF CURSES WERE WISHES THAT WERE HORSES, THE GUY WHO TOOK IT WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW.

P.S Got the car 7 months after, still no new smartphone.....I'm still using my yeye BB

U get 71k phone when u still dey jump bus. Lol.
Nawa for u ooo!
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Tolexander: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Blazinraj01: My first experience; I was in
part 1 then. We had all slept
soundly and peacefully in the
hostel. We woke up the next
morning only to find out 4
phones were gone ( mine and
3 other room mates). That
was when one of my room
mates said a girl entered
during midnight to pack the
phones and left without
waking anyone (hypnotism).
Till today, I still wonder how
the girl managed to bolt the
door from behind.
2nd Experience; I went for a
programme (youths only) in
mosque in December. Silly me
left my phones (2) and went
to ease myself. Before I got
back, my phones were gone.
Till today, I find it hard to trust
the other youths that were
there and hardly attend
programmes like that again.
For a long time, I was using
Multilinks phone and nokia
torchlight
i guess that was in mozambique?
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by samflex(m): 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nna ehn, mine was really mysterious in the sense that it was stolen right inside my room where I was charging it.
2month ago I woke up early in the morning to go greet my parents in their flat, on my way going I saw someone coming upstairs but because there are lots of female students in my flat I thought he might be one of their boyfriends so I ignored the guy. I didn't spend 5minutes at my dads flat only foe me to find out my phone has been removed from the charger right there in my room.
I asked the girls about the guy that just came up and they said nobody came looking for them, this was around 7am..i quickly called the number it was switched off. All this happened in the space of 5minutes so I assumed the thief was familiar with my room.
well, I just forgot about it and bought a windows phone the next week it happened..the phone stolen was a curve 7.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ndidibabe(f): 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
wellmax: Believe me or not this happened today!

My friend (Kate) lost her BB Bold 6 phone 3 months ago. There was only one guy (I’ll call him Dan) in the area when the phone was missing, but this guy insists on his innocence. After much pleading and harassment, the guy was adamant, swearing and cursing. Kate just forgot about the phone.
Fast forward two months later one of her friend said she was chatting with a guy with the PIN and showed my friend the DP; lo and behold it was Dan’s pics. Before long Dan deleted all contacts and wouldn’t accept any. Later on, another friend got him on Whatsapp and pretended to be a Sugar mummy needing a young guy. Na so my Dan just fall. She kept the discussion running for two weeks. Today 18.11.2013, she told Dan it was time they met. She promised him Lunch at TFC, told him not to worry; she’ll pay for everything, and even offered to pick him up. Later she told him that because of her busy schedule and Lagos traffic, Dan should just come to meet her in the office and that she will refund his transport. Na so Dan rush come ooo.
She had already briefed office security of his coming and the plan. Immediately he came, they called her on phone; repeatedly calling her Madam, fooling Dan. Dan was just cool, happy that he has hooked up with a big madam. Before you say jack, plain cloth Policeman came to meet him in the waiting room and sat beside him. Then Kate, the real owner just showed up. Dan wan enter ground. The plain clothe Police man just showed him an ID and handcuffed him. Dan started crying and pleading.
He’s still at the police station as I write. Meanwhile my friend has resumed Pinging.
Go and check the police station again. I can assure you that the police has been bribed and he has been bailed.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by somine22: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
still fresh in my memory.
i just landed a job and i use to leave very early to join the staff bus around 5.00am.i just reach bus stop,two guys worked up to me,oh boy my heart don reach my mouth ,i just dey say please,please am going to work,the gusy said i should enter the canal.na so i cm dey beg,the other guy just punched my mouth,the othe one grabbed my bag.the most funniest part be say na 90naira i get inside plus my lunch.the saddest part was that my access card ,medical card,phone and othe stuff were also taken from me.i com dey cry for xpressroad.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by kolidave: 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
My phone hasn't really been stolen before and anytime I misplace it I always find it back. Na God ooo
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by buoye1(m): 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
makzeze: A young man came to our mosque that he wants to convert to Islam, and he did. Then he asked for accomodation to spend that night, and some brothers in that house that the mosque is located offered him a space to spend the night, the following money the guy just disappeared with their phones.
Na sharp guy...Na Osama Bin Laden trained
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nobody will steal that Itel and multilinks!
Adex097:

None so far....and I pray never to experience such
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by buoye1(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
mysticgal: my phone has never lasted for 1 year,i dunno but it gets missing mysteriouslyundecided But this one am currently using is going to stay i promise angry
use rope tie am 4 ur neck!
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by rexbuton: 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
My best friend just got an n95. 8gig during the nokia rave, I gave him my mtn sim so he could Download apps since I was browsing free.. That very evening, as he was coming from class, he also got bt wireless headphones, and he was grooving his newly downloaded jams! As he was about to enter our compound, because of the music he didn't hear someone walk up to him, he said he just felt the Very sharp tip of something, pressing against that soft space between your ribs and waist! All he heard was ' be still', and the other hand removed the phone and headset.. He didn't even know When the guy ran away.. The time was around 7pm or there abouts!
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by MrAboki: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
I lost a phone every semester from 1st year to final year..

All solid phones including:

P800 Sony Ericsson

P900 Sony Ericsson

Nokia 6600 (still love this phone)

E.t.c.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by braine(m): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine was the recent Guineess Colourful World concert• A dude just grabbed my phone while Wizkid was performing and it just dissappeard into the crowed• It was like magic•
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by bomee(m): 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
My first n only fone robbery isn't one i am particularly proud 2 share,so,I wnt b naming d shameful location. It was around this period last year, smwher in ikeja during one of d rowdiest free events in lag wit d largest congregation of touts from all lagos provinces. I am too smart 4 pick pockets,so they weren't a problem there. We(4 guys)entered into d venue witout issues n we just knew we dint belong to d classless gathering, so we decided to leave for anoda event just few mins past midnite. The problem started at d exit,we ad 2 line up to walk out of d events street sandwiched btw mighty merciless old looking touts. I was d 2nd on our 4 man queue. I kept my mony in my briefs n held my fone tight in my pocket,smiling n mischievously thinking, u wld av to cut my wrist to get my fone. Suddenly one tout just blocked our little passage. He looked at d first guy n said,oya go, then my turn, I told him we were 2geda. He just said "fa seyin"(pull him back),like magic, my legs were dangling in d air with 2 hands liftin me by my waist n 4 hands dippin vigorously into my pockets wit anoda pulling my hand away frm my fone. Then dey stopped abruptly after I heard " oti wo apo"(it hs entered d sac). They stood ther giving me d "do ur worst look",yl pips around kept giving me dat silly pity head movement wc destabilized me more than d stolen fone. Usually tot I ws over-weighed but dat nite told me I ws light feather. I composed mysf checking my wrist wc ws still very intact witout d fone,my guys that mysteriously disappeared thruout d ordeal then started re-appearing. Cld av done same o, na everyman 4 himself. Bird no dey tell bird say stone dey come.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by AbuMikey(m): 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
Harbosede02: *sobs*op!y do u remind me of my lost phones...well d way i misplace my last fone is still a mystery 2 me,i was hiding my fone 4rm my brodas and kept it inside ike garri,eva since then!!i neva see my fone again 4 d past 8months.

ROTFLMAO gringringrin

"Ike Garri" grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nani4all(m): 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
jst lost ma android fone in a cab 2day morning while goin to work.....just de vex..lost all ma contacts......caling d line nd no body is pikin..call busy atimez
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by kolidave: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
Buh theere was this one day in the hostel wen I was in year1, a guy and his friends who I hardly talk to came to my room and begged to use my storm BB charger my fone was equally low buh as a nice guy I commot my fone say make him plug am and den I left the room leaving my roomates in d room. After 3hrs I came back and met d door to my room wide open,shocked I went in and didn't see anybody in and I also didn't see d fone that guy came to charge. I tot to myself that the guy would have taken his fone so I was calm and went to see a friend in another room. The next tin I saw minutes later was d guy asking me for his fone,I was first shocked and dumbfounded cos I tot he had already taken the fone. The guy sha para for me say him dey come and if him no see him fone say I go see pepper. Na so fear catch me ooo I begin search for my roomates dem say dem no see fone, I con dey sweat for face. After like 30mins he came back with his friends and 2 hefty dangerous guys we hear of in skool,I almost nearly piss for pant. If u see d slap wey dem just dey tear my roomate u go pity am,me just kack hide from one corner. I spent half the nite at d skool security post and my 2fones were seized. I and my roomate had to use our pocket money to buy a new BB for d guy. E pain me oooo buh e sure me say na d guy or him friends carry d fone.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
Haha, perfect thread! Just got my phone nicked today in my office. Still baffled why a colleague would stoop so low to steal a nokia torchlight VPN line undecided

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Blazinraj01(f): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
Tolexander: i guess that was in mozambique?
Yes it was. Moz babes tried
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ortodox: 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
cryMine ws a terrible xprnc.
was goin 2 chrch very early in d mornin n one muslim tout grabbd my bag frm behind n strtd hittin me on d face. i stil bear dt scar til date. he wntd usin a knife bt tnk God i ws spared. he partd wit my bag whch contained my 2 wks old nokia fone,Bible n offern money.
He mst b dead by now because I rained curses on him n I hatd al abokis sinc den.
Its an exprnc i'l neva fgt.
i cldnt go 2 chrch as my face ws soakd wt blood. Some gud samaritan hd 2 tk care of me.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by iamidris: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
OP u be thief? how many phones u don move?

If tell u my story, shey u go return my stolen phones?
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by codernoni: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
skullz: My own happened years back at all airforce games, i put my fone inside my tight boxers sleep cos criminals full ma hostel. Mehn as i sleep dem tear my boxers shift my preek collect my phone. I woke up to see my torn boxers...I no fit shout!
God am dead!! Rotflmaaaoooo!!!
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2013

grin
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by iamidris: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
braine: Mine was the recent Guineess Colourful World concert• A dude just grabbed my phone while Wizkid was performing and it just dissappeard into the crowed• It was like magic•
choi! I was there live! But u f/uck up oh! How u go let dat kain tin happen? U nor knw say awon omo oro dey around ni? Btw, the show sweet oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Bitter Experience Of Gionee / Mtn Reset Code No Longer Works / Tecno Ranked 6th Among Top 100 Admired Brands In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.