Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! (21440 Views)

Nairalanders, Share Your Marshmallow Experiences Here / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Timijo(m): 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
I have never lost phone and my phone has never been stolen.
All thanks tp God.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by IAMBREEZY: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
mine wasn't long,they stole it when i was jubilating on the stadium in calabar, i dunno maybe they fell off when i was jumping iphone4s 64gig and samsung s3 and my wallet which contains very important cards inside and the contact on my phone which re very vital,the prob is that i don't care about the phones but the contacts is what i need i definitely need the contact more than the stolen phones,oh i wish i can get it back.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by anitank(f): 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
I travelled home from school for the easter break April 2008. Later that night at about 8pm my friends called me to come hang out with them somewhere at the end of the street since its been a while they saw me. I remember my mum asking me to leave my phone at home since it was late but I told her nothing would happen.

5 blocks down the street, I heard someone behind me calling "Uche, Uche", I turned to see that it was just two of us walking down the road as it was the Holy Thursday so everyone was in church. I stopped to tell him I was not Uche and that he was probably mistaking me for someone else, but before I could say anything he grabbed me with his left hand, his right hand inside his bogus black jeans, clutching something (whatever it was) . He said I shouldn't try to scream or he would shoot me. I doubt if he actually was holding a gun but didn't want to find out. He then asked me to give him my phone, i was hesitant but he overpowered me and took it from my hand. I asked him to let me take my sim card but he hissed and disappeared into the dark night in two seconds. I eventually met up with my friends who felt bad about the whole thing and even blamed themselves for asking me to come out. Can't even start talking about my mum grin

Now the interesting thing about this story is that the stolen phone wasn't mine. It belonged to my room mate who begged me to use my Motorola Razor to show off at her sister's wedding that easter so we exchanged before travelling to our separate destinations. Could u believe that after narrating my ordeal to her when we got back to school, she didn't even blink nor ask what we would do knowing very well my phone was more expensive than hers 3 folds. Couldn't blame her though, she wanted the phone right from the day I bought it, and she eventually got it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Asabeq(f): 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Aarrrrrrrrrgh! Are you this dumb?
He was simply saying you are funny!

Akposy:

Why? Must u insult?
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
Chooooiiiiii You people made me remember a funny but bad day with alaba boys who sold fake discman for me when discman was still the in thing to do shakara for my friends as a teenager then.lo and behold,i got home and switched it on,e no gree on.i checked the battery,everything and i didnt see any problem,so i called my brother to help me check since i was already getting nervous and agitated.as i was about giving him,the thing fell off my hand and see pieces of card boards,tissue paper,squeezed news paper stuffed in it.infact the whole thing pieces.not knowing they used superglue to glue all the parts together.i cried my eyes out because this was a discman i saved with my pocket money to buy,up to the extent that the money they gave me to buy text book and food,i will add it to the savings and starve myself till i get home.it pained me.i cried for 2weeks up to the extent that my eyes were paining me.that day

i vowed that these alaba boys will not get away with it. I will pay back i held that grudge,resentment and pain in my heart up till my adult years.so 7 years ago,i had this nokia phone i used and it was getting old.the phone was giving me serious problems because i had over used the phone. It has passed the required usage life span .the phone will switch off,without me switching it off,many times it will hang and show some funny things sha.so i changed the case and made it look good,tushed the phone up and sold it to another alaba boy for 10k.i knew that phone will not last him up to 2days before he discovers it is not good,by then it will have been too late.

2years ago,too i repeated the same thing with my blackberry.i repackaged the bb and sold it to them as london fairly used when the bb to was hanging and going blind apart from that the phone was as good as dead.he just presed the screen,checked the bbm and gave me 25k for that phone.

I did those things to repay them for that 4k i saved as a little girl,i will starve myself and wait till i get home,i will use my friends books in school and even trek home as if i was suffering meanwhile it was the money they gave me i was saving for that discman.anytime i remember,i just laugh now....smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Justeenaleo(f): 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
bennyraz: rflmao
Hahahahahaha idiat!!!!!
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Rikidony(m): 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
Spaced book brb after super eagles match
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by iluvweed(m): 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
Justeenaleo:
Thought it was weed

NO IT WAS TBJ ON MY WALLPAPER THEN.... undecided

BUT NOW ITS PURPLE HAZE................. wink
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by BCJAY(f): 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
It happened to me twice. At 1st it was at oshodi i was coming frm d village and beg d driver to allow lap my son dat i dont have money i put my phone on my lap, i alighted and d phone fell. I went under bridge call d number and d thief told me to drop 2k onthe road dat he is watching me, then one of the garage boys came collected 1k frm me went under the bridge and return with my phone. The driver was making jest of me dat sebi u say you no get money, i cant cry ooo but it pained me sha.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by BCJAY(f): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
My 2nd experience was at the school i teach. I force my husband to buy me a tv phone and he reluctantly did. I conducted the assembly thereafter i put the bible on a surface and my phone on the bible the person just took the phone among the teachers, i call it rang but later switch off. I cant tell my husband for days cos of the way i forced him to buy the phone, unlike the 1st it got missing for life. I learnt my lesson in a hard way though.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by bluerange(f): 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Me l be museum, l never lose my phone before. as at late september, l saw a collection of my old phones from sagem, sendo, motorola L7, motorola A388 multilinks, nokia communicator, na laugh l just laugh.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by cannonnier(m): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
ortodox: cryMine ws a terrible xprnc.
was goin 2 chrch very early in d mornin n one muslim tout grabbd my bag frm behind n strtd hittin me on d face. i stil bear dt scar til date. he wntd usin a knife bt tnk God i ws spared. he partd wit my bag whch contained my 2 wks old nokia fone,Bible n offern money.
He mst b dead by now because I rained curses on him n I hatd al abokis sinc den.
Its an exprnc i'l neva fgt.
i cldnt go 2 chrch as my face ws soakd wt blood. Some gud samaritan hd 2 tk care of me.

and ALL ABOKIS hate you too [b]beatch[\b].
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by zaynablar(f): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
[quote author=Agiemars]Yes,i slept off in a bus while cmin 2 abk fr ib in july,i got hme 2 realise dey don hijack d phone fr me while sleepin,it waznt funny @ll cause anytym i ova slept @hme during dat period my dad will jst say "orun to sun ninu bus ti won fi ji phone lo wo e ni osi sun yen".

Toh!!u sef too sleep nah!nd I knw how much yoruba parents can use daat ting against one ehen,u wl just feel lik goin crazy.u gat me laffing sha!jonah oloorun,o sun eja gbelo
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by 12month: 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
chaiii why e be say Na ladies dey lose phone pass? angry
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by zaynablar(f): 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
My own experience was bak then in Kogi State Uni.there was a period we didn't have a means of communication in the sch,so we had to travel to a nearby village called Dekina.so on dis fateful day a neighbour nd a frend named Tolu came to my room nd begged me to borrow ha ma lovely Samsung flip fone.so I gave in.funny enough I forget she even borrowed ma fone cos I didn't get to see her for someday and no netwrk in the sch to even rmind me I needed it.hmmmn ma pple the day I needed it so I asked Tolu whr is ma fone.the babe said haba!Zainab,I have given u the fone,ii even brought it to ur room.shooo!i believed ha like mayb I forgot so I went to scatter ma room in search.after lots of search I gave up bt in ma mind I was doubting she eva brought it.the day she cleared ma doubt was wen she did d same tin to ma Course Mate nd d lady insisted she didn't giv ha so she claimed to have bought anoda fone for the gir not knowing d girl was smatter by writing ha name under ha battery.na so Asiri tuuu ooo.eva since den,i hated Tolu lik shit

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Umarjada1: 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hey dude, I can't really count how many of my phone where lost . The one that pain me most was in level two BUK Kano at kabuga precisely I was call upon by a biker to help him start his bike unknown to me he was using my brain to collect the phone that was in my front pocket. Not in till he left I realise he outsmart me embarassed .matter that I lost my BlackBerry at yola international airport. Thank God now am able to retain my phone without it been miss place

Let me recommend some safety tips on how to safe keep ur phone
[b][/b] if ur out of ur house particularly in public transport check your phone before and when dropping
Use mobile security to lock ur phone
Buy cheap phone nokia 3310 lol[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine happened when I was in 100Level, the armed robber stole my laptop and cell phone after accusing me of lying to him. Crazy mother.fu.cker said I would go to hell for lying to him about my ATM pin.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by oseiwe(m): 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine has been easy.
1st one was stolen thru d window while I was asleep. I'm still suprised cos I'm suspecting other tenants in d compound. It was my first rock wit me nokia.
2nd one was stolen in a friend's place whr I placed it on charger and we all went outside to gist. Someone who knew me did that job. Dis was d xpressmusic period.
3rd was stolen by a customer while I got up to give him a printout, he left d paper wit me and ran away in d rain. D power of nokia touchscreen.
Neva had a confrontation.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by k4kenny(f): 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
I was standing at Berger bus stop Abuja with a friend who just came in from Awka when I noticed one ugly, dirty looking guy had been following us from one bus to the other...

When we got to the last bus, I shifted to watch him well..that's when I saw his hand going for my friends bb shocked shocked angry angry so I shouted 'If I slap you ehn, you'll drop that phone'. The onuku dropped it and dissappeared.. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Perfecter4real(m): 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
Element G: Lol! Reminds me of when i got duped at ikorodu garage.. Was going to school with a friend of mine.. i was supposed to wait for dis guy at garage.. He juz came back from the US, well lets say he's from the US cos it was his first time of coming to nigeria...

I was waiting for him when dis crazy dude walked up to me... his mouth was oozing of cigarette... (Bleep I WASNT THINKING!!!).. He walked up to me holding a nokia n72 (This was a time when symbian phones were rocking in the market!)... and i was using a nokia 6085 (i miss dat fone eh)..

He told me he was going to "Lagos" for business and he ran outta cash, so he decided to sell his fone to get money... I swear i wasnt thinking and considering factors.. the way he was dressed roughly, plus d cigarette smell oozing from his mouth.. All my concentration was on the nokia n72... cos it was dis fone dat was soo soo expensive and dis guy was offering me the fone for 10000 naira!!!.. chai.. see awoof!

I told him i didnt have up to 10k with me and was juz with 4k and my nokia 6085... The dude agreed to collect d 4k and my fone to give me the nokia n72... (ANODA FUCKUP OF MINE!!!) i wasnt thinking again!!!.. HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS TO BE STRANDED AND NEEDS CASH OF ABOUT 10K TO TRANSPORT HIM STILL AGREE TO NEGOTIATE DOWN TO 4K AND COLLECT A NON CASH ITEM i.e my fone!!!...

KAI.. I MUMU MYSELF EHN!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

He switched on the fone oo, it worked, i even used it to call dat friend of mine to hurry up cos we were getting late for classes...
Finally when dis guy came, i told him about the fone and d cheap price i was getting it..
My american pal was juz speaking grammar.. mehn, see guy, dnt dull urself... u only get to see good fones at cheap prices once in a life time..
I told my pal to chill and dat it could be a fraud ish we were falling into... But dis my US padi wont hear ooo, he was juz rappin and was like... element, dont miss dis chance, dis fone rocks... its soo popular and expensive in the states...
DO YOU KNOW THE GAMES YOU CAN PLAY ON IT!! DO YOU KNOW THE APPS YOU CAN RUN ON IT!!! GUESS WHAT!! I EVEN HEARD IT HAS SATELLITE CONTROL!!! grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD.. CHAI I BE MUMU EHN

Me sef was already imagining and hoping...
Well the battery of this nokia n72 was low, so it soon died when we were transacting...
The dude gave me d fone, i removed my sim from my own fone and gave my fone to him...
I didnt agree to give him my battery along but forgot to remove my battery when my US pal was rushing me... All he was telling me was.. guy dont dull, that fone may be stolen, lets quickly get a bike to get outta here..

He rushed me on a bike and as we were about leaving, i remembered my battery, i looked around to see if i could get the guy..but he was fast gone!!
hmm i started suspecting.. but i didnt feel much tension cos the way dis my guy was hyping me.. he was like... mehn u are damn lucky!! NOKIA N72... LOL!!

When we got to skul, i got down, i tried switchin on d fone but it wasnt coming on.. those who know dis nokia would know that its power button is on the top of the fone.. i bought a lucky pen biro with a tiny mouth so i could use to press d fone... i tried and tried... fone didnt on ooo!!! LOL.. i told my US pal, he was like.. dont worry, shey d fone was dead anyway...

Then i shaked the fone, noticed dat something was moving in it.. which was unusual.. And it felt kinda lighter...LOL!!
I told my pal, he was like..guy dont you know nokia n72 is very light ni... that fone was designed specially!! (CHAI DIS BOY WAS D DEVIL DAT KILLED ME DAT DAY!!! LOL)

We got to class... luckily, there was light in skul... as we entered.. my US pal was already announcin... Yo everyone listen up, my pal juz got a nokia n72..
Every1 was like wow!!!

Okay oo.. lets see the fone... i plugged it and wanted to charge..
1min.. light never show
2min.. light never show
10min.. light never show

Okay, let us open fone ooo to check battery... LWKMD!!!.. YOU NEED TO SEE TEST OF POWER...
We were passing the fone round to see who could force open it... lol

Sumthing was juz telling me that i don chop am jare..
Next thing i said, "break it"
My US pal was like... WHAT?

I JUST SAID IT SIMPLY AGAIN, SEE GUYS... BREAK THE FONE!!!

When they broke it... LMAO.. Lo and Behold!! We were looking at the latest soccer fixtures, premier ship table was staring at us...
And a mirror was in it, which helped us know how much we opened our mouths in awe...LOL!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

MY US PAL... ROTLMAO... HE FAINTED!!!!

Omo US wey never see d level of packaging wey naija peepz fit do...
Forget oo, Aba boys package pass blackberry, infact pass sony sef!!!

DATS MY OWN CRAZY EXPERIENCE JARE!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Are you guys kiding me? 65likes for this boring comment.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 10:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nani4all: jst lost ma android fone in a cab 2day morning while goin to work.....just de vex..lost all ma contacts......caling d line nd no body is pikin..call busy atimez
sorry bro, i can understand how you feel, take heart. you'll get a better one.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Daniel2802(m): 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine took place this last September when i traveled to lagos.i entered a bus and in it i discovered that my asha 206 phone was missing,i called the number but it didnt go.i later retrived my line and bought an asha 206 phone again.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Elcapo(m): 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
The WhiteLynchM: bros..ermm.. U wrote 'God' using a small g its kinda an abomination...
are u kidding me
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Perfecter4real(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
mine was in 2o12, when i was writting waec ,we had biology that day so as usual we all kept our bags & books outside the exam hall... So i smartly kept my phone &my digital camera inside my school bag& went in for the exam.
After the exam no body was allowed to go outside the hall untill everybody is done writting,,so we all went out of the hall together i ran to pick my bag only to discover that my phone & digital camera had grown wings & flew,,,i wasn't my self for days infact the lost affected my Performance in the rest of the exam,,,,,well i got over it after some week when i finally had a new phone,i still kinda miss the digital camera...but up till today how my phone & camera was stolen is still a misery me.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nastydroid(m): 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ohioh: Ok it was this day I was going to school... I just got an iPhone - 1 of d latest @ d time. It was just ova 3 2 4months old! It stil amuses me hw it happened! I put the fone in2 my left pocket as I highlighted 4rm d commercial vehicle I was in! Carryin my skul load n prov. In my 2 hands walkin 4rm where I highlyted 2 d oda syd of d road wer I was 2 board anoda bus wen al of a sudden ds random boy walks 4rm behind tryin 2 make a convo wit me. 1st ov al I reluctant bt he was persistent n I later gav in... Al of a sudden he somhw convinced me dat my perfectly Ok shoe hz startd 2 Open mouth - hw I blivd him I av no idea! So he convinced me 2 stamp my feet on the ground n sed I wz nt duin it properly n offer 2 hold my left leg wit hz hand n manuali help me stamp ma feet on d ground! And dat waz it! Al of a sudden we approach a V-junctn n we went our seperate ways... - Al along I knw sumtin waz wrong bt culd nt figure out wat xactly! After I tuk a couple of steps I felt my pocket n it waz no where 2b found! Nida waz d guy! And dat waz it! I mourned d fone 4 ova 2-3weeks! I felt reali bad... Dreamt abt d fone... It was terrible!
It kinda felt lyk I ws goin 2ru a breakup afta many years ov being 2geda!
*coughs*i am sorry for quoting everything,someone used this trick on me also.i was just going on my own and this guy came to me and said he loves my footwears....i first gave him that are u mad look.he then told me that a hook has removed,it was darked tho so i couldn't see it,so he tried to help me fix it (trying to act like a good samaritan)he was just saying girbbrish sha i no even listen.afta he was done he crossed to the other said of the road,na im i say make i check time on my nokia N65,i couldn't find my phone.my heart beat increased.as a sharp lagos dude i immediately crossed to the other side of the road,i guess i was lucky cos i caught the bastard hiding beside a car,e no even allow me talk he just handed me my phone.well i didn't do anything to him i was still kinda small then
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
frcxs:

HONESTLY...THIS GUY IS A CLOWN.

Sure he is!!! lol. Look at his name now, his name is AKPOS.
grin
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by pumpingmachine: 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine was both funny and embarrassing. It was when o was studying in Imo state. I went to the cybercafe opposite First Bank along Bank road for night browsing. Around 4am, the server went down so I decided to take a nap while charging my phone. When I woke up, alas I couldn't phone. I looked under the table and I saw it. But it was funny that the thief only stole my original Nokia battery. I was embarrassed that the thief found mu charger more useful than my blue Nokia 3310
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Dolakinz(m): 11:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine took place 3 weeks ago. I was on an okada, but suddenly i heard someone whispering 'sshhh sssshhhhh', but i didnt look back,coz i dont lyk answering calls like that. So when i got home,as i was entering the living room i reached for my phone but it was no where to be found. I immediately remembered the earlier incident. I quickly jumped out ,rushed to a junction, jumped on an upcoming okada, told him to keep moving.
In short, when i got there, i saw neither d phone or the whisperer. I even stayed there asking from people weda they saw a phone,or weda they witnessd d incident. MY CONTACTS AND PICTURES PAINED ME MOST. Dat phone is like a wife to me
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nastydroid(m): 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
this happened when i was in pry 5.i was on my way back from a friend house not far from my own house and i have to pass tru the midst of some touts.i was wearing a short with a very short pocket,inside the pocket was my rugged used nokia6030.one of the touts approached me i guessed he must av seen the phone.he has a friendly look on his face and he was smiling na so me too start to dy follow am smile like mumu wey i be den.the guy started shaking my pocket,at that moment i was not thinking about anything being inside my pocket.when i got home,i started searching every corner of the house.not knowing the guy removed the phone during the pocket shaking stuff.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
I lost my Nokia E5/N82 five times and they were all returned to me by the strangers that picked it.

But my BB was stolen from me at Knife point few months ago
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Adex097: 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
thisisayus: Nobody will steal that Itel and multilinks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tecno Ranked 6th Among Top 100 Admired Brands In Africa / Pls Help. How Can I Share Data On My Mtn Sim / What Are Your Three Most Used Mobile Phone Apps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.