Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,549 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! (21662 Views)

Nairalanders, Share Your Marshmallow Experiences Here / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nastydroid(m): 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Adex097:

well someone stole my nokia torchlight phone which i had password on it..some people are kleptomatic,no be person steal nokia battery drop fone.....don't be suprise if someone steal ur shirt and drop the buttons
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by vislabraye(m): 11:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
My first fone was stolen in Aja during those days Olumegbon and his boys were causing trouble. When I was about to board a bus , I saw policemen everywhere with guns and they were asking us to raise up our hands.
Then I saw one area boy touching people as if he was trying to play. He came and hugged and started touching me, right in front of the policemen. B4 I knew, my fone was gone.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Takal(m): 11:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hmmm... I recall my experience like it happened yesterday. About 4 yrs ago - still in the university and few days to my first examination, I was walking back home from a primary school I usually go to read. It was a sunday and the time was just a few minutes to 8pm. My female friend (a PH girl who doesn't really hear well and most times would have to read your lips to get what u were saying to her) was walking right next to me.
Till this very day, I still can't figure out the way 3 well armed guys with machetes that looked like swords came from behind us on a bike. I turned to my side to check that my friend wasn't hurt but to my greatest surprise, I sighted her far across the other side of the road with her high heeled slippers in her hands panicking while searching my pocket for my fone to hand over to the criminals who were already repeatedly yelling "God punish u - gimme dat fone sharp sharp!". Too bad, I was with hers also and one of them spotted it in my pocket and took it before they disappeared into the dark of the night.
The first question I asked her when I walked up to where she was was "How did you do that?
I was glad we were both unhurt but both our phones went to the "real owners" that day.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by efilefun(m): 12:05am On Nov 19, 2013
I don misplace enough phones but let me share 1 of those experiences....

That faithful day back in 2009 I was in school to finish up my project, about 90% of the students were not around so I decided to sleep in a friend's room, unfortunately I slept off pretty early while playing game on my nec (flip not the popular long one) that day while my friend was still out of the hostel, immediately he got back, he woke me up to eat cuz he got some snacks but he noticed I was just scattering the whole room, "Guy dem don move my phone and I just load 1k ontop so I go fit use am 4 ontop universal to do my project" the guy was just laughing, so he became the no 1 suspect immediately... After 3 days I was home already so I called airtel customer care to retrieve the number then I noticed my 1k wasn't there anymore so I called back to request for my 1k but they told me someone transferred it to another number. I requested for the number and I was given, immediately I called the number a guy picked it but I didn't say anything I just ended the call and told my cousin what happened then I gave her the number and asked her to call the guy and tell him they exchanged number few weeks ago, the guy fell to my trap and they fixed a date to meet again after constant calling and text for about 2weeks. I was back in skool sharply to execute the final plan, I got the sug president my friend whom I slept off in his room and some other hefty students so we stood at the suppose meeting point, immediately the guy got their and saw me and my crew he started pleading, that it was the devils hand work and he had sold my phone already, that same day sha he returned my phone with 5k extra for the stress and he got suspended from the school not sure he returned for his finals cuz the news was all around town.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Dalazyou(m): 12:08am On Nov 19, 2013
teniola55: My experience!!!...hmmm...dat day,i was replying to a post on nairaland when the fone just disappered..oboy!...i cry die...hw could that happen?"THAT WAS MY EXPERIENCE"
...hmmm no b smal tin hahahaha
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Dalazyou(m): 12:10am On Nov 19, 2013
henchamb: mine was on my matriculation day those days at absu( abia state university). it was on my matriculation day and as I was serving my guest including those that I dnt even know. someone among them stole my new phone which was a matric gift from mum for gaining admission to study law. I was receiving calls from guest yet to locate my apartment so I frequently use and drop my phone, all of a sudden I noticed that my phone has not been ringing for at least 15 mins, I started to look for it only to realize that my much cherished express music nokia phone is gone. I really felt bad not for loosing the phone but for my friends that were calling me to know where to locate me and for some who were still in the bus on their way, many of them didn't see me and many accused me of been ungrateful; for not calling back to say thank you for the airtime they sent to me. well it was a blessing as my mum then bought blackberry for me as I became one of the first users of BB then in my hood. (telling this story made me remember those days in school and naija).
so u wan mak i knw say u deh liberia?
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by bandely(m): 12:14am On Nov 19, 2013
When it comes to misplacing phone, I think I am very good at that. Of all the phones I have used, it's only 2 that I didn't misplace. Funny enough, they've never picked my pocket, those phones just happen to fall off, because when I misplace them, I am never in a rush or hassle with ppeople for bus.

But let me share a story, few years ago, in my school, we attended a party (more like gate crashing) and that day food was surplus that we all ate to our fill, in fact the groom's brother was going around to make sure everyone had eaten. While doing that he stopped and was talking to someone, and he was wearing 'buba' (a kind of yoruba native shirt with pockets by the side). In one of the pocket was his phone.
Unknown to him, he was standing beside a pick-pocket, and the 'pick-pocketer' just dipped his hand to steal the phone.
As he was bringing the phone out (in fact the hand is almost out of the pocket) the phone, fortunately for the groom's brother and unfortunately for the thief, the phone just rang! O boy con see beating nah! After students (co gate crasher) finished beating the guy, he was then handed over to school security, who in turn handed him over to the police.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by oildude(m): 12:31am On Nov 19, 2013
The only time my fone was stolen was d time when samsung flip fone just came out,I bought this fone 4 100k,only to get home and start tranfering all d contact in this new fone,and in the process slept off and keep the fone beside me on the bed,only 4 me to wake up a few mins later as my sister just enter the room 4m d parlour,just then we notice the net from d window is been slit and thats wia my fone pass tru.By the time we got to the backyard we saw d long pole by the wall in which d bad area guy use still lyeing by the wall of the fence,I fink the shout of thief makes the guy jump fence without going with d pole.I knw fit cry,100k,gone same day.i no even use d fone reach 6 hrs.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 19, 2013
iluvweed: MINE WAS STOLEN ON MY WAY TO SYNAGOGUE

BUT I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE PASTOR TB JOSHUA'S PIC AS MY WALLPAPER

WELL...I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT BUT ON GETTING HOME GUESS WHAT I SAW... shocked

MY PHONE FULLY CHARGED AND ALSO ALL THE DENTS AND SCARS ON IT HAD GONE!

3YRS USED PHONE TURNED BRAND NEW....... grin

THANKS TO TBJ'S PICTURE........... wink

#In Onazi's voice......I Love TBJ....

What the fork os ths one saying
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by lepasharon(f): 12:47am On Nov 19, 2013
Asabeq: Each time I see a 'tiger clawed face man' I want to ask him for my phone....
I had a serious tooth ache and went to national hospital for root canal treatment and had one pulled out,it was so painful and I felt dizzy.
My brother asked me to wait that he was coming to pick me but I took a cab and went to his office at DHQ. When I got there,even thou they knew we were siblings,they asked me to call him b4 I will be allowed to go to his office. That was when I started looking for my 2weeks old bold 6!! I left it in the cab! I was in pains and kind of uncoucious so I didn't know when it fell from my hand.

I didn't know if to cry for the pain the tooth was giving me or my phone but I was crying like I lost someone and the soldiers were looking at me like I was mad cry
We called and called but when he eventually picked,he shouted at my brother,cursing him with his thick yoruba accent like we were purposely disturbing him and telling him God blessed him through me! shocked imagine And to think the man is old enough to be my father, he saw the way I was looking,swollen face and blood dripping from my mouth still he didn't pity me *sad* *sad*
This happened in september!

*Dies*.... grin...can you imagine?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by dabrake(m): 1:21am On Nov 19, 2013
Mine happened last year and I was about rounding up my SIWES programme. I had to shop for wars before returning to Uyo as the price of wears here cost die. I went to GTB to withdraw some money along Ajao expressway that night so I will get to Mandillas early the next day as i had already scheduled my routine ahead, did my transactions, climb okada and was returning home. The okada man took the shortest route down to my house and i was okay with that. All of a sudden, he killed the engine, acted like something was wrong with the tyres. From no where, 3 guys appeared, demanding for my phone(s). At first, I was acting like 'You dey mad? You know who I be?", . . . All of a sudden, I heard Gboaaaaaa!!! A gunshot. I piss for boxers small, then one of the guys razed me one Oyedepo-esque slap. Omo, I begin dey touch the guy say "Guy, you know sey I be your man nah. I go give you. You na my man, I been dey follow you play nah. Na joke, you sef suppose know when person dey follow you play. . .". I gave him my phone and my =N=61k. I also gave him the ones he didn't even ask of (my shoes and my wristwatch). angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 19, 2013
I've used numerous phones but I've never lost any. I give out my old phone when I get a new one.

Maybe kindness truly pays.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Ndipe(m): 5:11am On Nov 19, 2013
It has never happened to me. One of my cousin's lost his to thieves and after paying a deductible of 150 dollars to his insurance company, he got a new one. That is ontop of the $7. something dollars he pays to his insurance on a monthly basis. The guy wasnt happy at all.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 19, 2013
[color=#000000][/color]
Akposy:

Why? Must u insult?
Its not an insult, he just means you're very funny, and considering your name, I'm guessing comedy is your thing, which makes it a compliment....
Geez......chill out people learn to take a joke,not everything is an insult! Geeeez
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by adebabs21(f): 6:05am On Nov 19, 2013
Blazinraj01: My first experience; I was in part 1 then. We had all slept soundly and peacefully in the hostel. We woke up the next morning only to find out 4 phones were gone ( mine and 3 other room mates). That was when one of my room mates said a girl entered during midnight to pack the phones and left without waking anyone (hypnotism). Till today, I still wonder how the girl managed to bolt the door from behind.
2nd Experience; I went for a programme (youths only) in mosque in December. Silly me left my phones (2) and went to ease myself. Before I got back, my phones were gone. Till today, I find it hard to trust the other youths that were there and hardly attend programmes like that again.
For a long time, I was using Multilinks phone and nokia torchlight sad

Even in the mosque?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Blazinraj01(f): 6:29am On Nov 19, 2013
adebabs21:

Even in the mosque?
Yes. I was surprised. I guess it was probably stolen by someone who pretended to have come for the programme.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Gudintent: 6:29am On Nov 19, 2013
Element G: Lol! Reminds me of when i got duped at ikorodu garage.. Was going to school with a friend of mine.. i was supposed to wait for dis guy at garage.. He juz came back from the US, well lets say he's from the US cos it was his first time of coming to nigeria...

I was waiting for him when dis crazy dude walked up to me... his mouth was oozing of cigarette... (Bleep I WASNT THINKING!!!).. He walked up to me holding a nokia n72 (This was a time when symbian phones were rocking in the market!)... and i was using a nokia 6085 (i miss dat fone eh)..

He told me he was going to "Lagos" for business and he ran outta cash, so he decided to sell his fone to get money... I swear i wasnt thinking and considering factors.. the way he was dressed roughly, plus d cigarette smell oozing from his mouth.. All my concentration was on the nokia n72... cos it was dis fone dat was soo soo expensive and dis guy was offering me the fone for 10000 naira!!!.. chai.. see awoof!

I told him i didnt have up to 10k with me and was juz with 4k and my nokia 6085... The dude agreed to collect d 4k and my fone to give me the nokia n72... (ANODA FUCKUP OF MINE!!!) i wasnt thinking again!!!.. HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS TO BE STRANDED AND NEEDS CASH OF ABOUT 10K TO TRANSPORT HIM STILL AGREE TO NEGOTIATE DOWN TO 4K AND COLLECT A NON CASH ITEM i.e my fone!!!...

KAI.. I MUMU MYSELF EHN!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

He switched on the fone oo, it worked, i even used it to call dat friend of mine to hurry up cos we were getting late for classes...
Finally when dis guy came, i told him about the fone and d cheap price i was getting it..
My american pal was juz speaking grammar.. mehn, see guy, dnt dull urself... u only get to see good fones at cheap prices once in a life time..
I told my pal to chill and dat it could be a fraud ish we were falling into... But dis my US padi wont hear ooo, he was juz rappin and was like... element, dont miss dis chance, dis fone rocks... its soo popular and expensive in the states...
DO YOU KNOW THE GAMES YOU CAN PLAY ON IT!! DO YOU KNOW THE APPS YOU CAN RUN ON IT!!! GUESS WHAT!! I EVEN HEARD IT HAS SATELLITE CONTROL!!! grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD.. CHAI I BE MUMU EHN

Me sef was already imagining and hoping...
Well the battery of this nokia n72 was low, so it soon died when we were transacting...
The dude gave me d fone, i removed my sim from my own fone and gave my fone to him...
I didnt agree to give him my battery along but forgot to remove my battery when my US pal was rushing me... All he was telling me was.. guy dont dull, that fone may be stolen, lets quickly get a bike to get outta here..

He rushed me on a bike and as we were about leaving, i remembered my battery, i looked around to see if i could get the guy..but he was fast gone!!
hmm i started suspecting.. but i didnt feel much tension cos the way dis my guy was hyping me.. he was like... mehn u are damn lucky!! NOKIA N72... LOL!!

When we got to skul, i got down, i tried switchin on d fone but it wasnt coming on.. those who know dis nokia would know that its power button is on the top of the fone.. i bought a lucky pen biro with a tiny mouth so i could use to press d fone... i tried and tried... fone didnt on ooo!!! LOL.. i told my US pal, he was like.. dont worry, shey d fone was dead anyway...

Then i shaked the fone, noticed dat something was moving in it.. which was unusual.. And it felt kinda lighter...LOL!!
I told my pal, he was like..guy dont you know nokia n72 is very light ni... that fone was designed specially!! (CHAI DIS BOY WAS D DEVIL DAT KILLED ME DAT DAY!!! LOL)

We got to class... luckily, there was light in skul... as we entered.. my US pal was already announcin... Yo everyone listen up, my pal juz got a nokia n72..
Every1 was like wow!!!

Okay oo.. lets see the fone... i plugged it and wanted to charge..
1min.. light never show
2min.. light never show
10min.. light never show

Okay, let us open fone ooo to check battery... LWKMD!!!.. YOU NEED TO SEE TEST OF POWER...
We were passing the fone round to see who could force open it... lol

Sumthing was juz telling me that i don chop am jare..
Next thing i said, "break it"
My US pal was like... WHAT?

I JUST SAID IT SIMPLY AGAIN, SEE GUYS... BREAK THE FONE!!!

When they broke it... LMAO.. Lo and Behold!! We were looking at the latest soccer fixtures, premier ship table was staring at us...
And a mirror was in it, which helped us know how much we opened our mouths in awe...LOL!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

MY US PAL... ROTLMAO... HE FAINTED!!!!

Omo US wey never see d level of packaging wey naija peepz fit do...
Forget oo, Aba boys package pass blackberry, infact pass sony sef!!!

DATS MY OWN CRAZY EXPERIENCE JARE!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hila 2 d rious!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Izontubo(m): 6:38am On Nov 19, 2013
My story is infact funny and annoying,because I could have averted the incidence

There's this pencil trouser I have with a wide side pocket...many atimes I get on a taxi or a bus my xperia x-10(since its flat) tends to slip out ...I have noticed this occurence and all the times it happened I was meticulous enough to search for d phone the moment I drop down from the taxi...on this faithful/unfaithful day I wore this same mumu trouser of mine,was late for work(rush hour),and was waiting for a taxi...can y'all believe that my xperia fell down outta my pocket just at that point when I was entering the taxi on the ground and not in the taxi this time(so that I could look for it when I drop)?....chei!!!!!......as usual I continued my journey to work,reaching the bus stop I intended to stop, I did stop,dropped down and searched my pocket and the whole taxi and didn't see my phone....I nearly mad!!!..angry.....

I told myself "" finally monkey don go market and e no return""........that's how my lovely xperia got missing and also stolen because a girl picked it up and never wanted to return it to me after calling her several times.....I never expected this from a girl........well na so e take happen o....

Right now as we speak I don burn that my trouser......angry....

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by udysweet(f): 6:52am On Nov 19, 2013
Loool!I com here to laff walahi and ease off tension!Anyway me sef gt experience.Had dis Sony Ericsson T230 my sis sent to me,colored wit sm 1daful ringtones bak thn but if na nw dos ringtone go sound lik biggle forNYSC orientation camp ,lmao!I went to d popular oyingbo market to gt fud stuff,3k in my left pocket,fone in my right.As I alight by d rail track ,saw som pple running bak,naim I discover say na one idiot dey use snake scare pple by throwing it on d ground.I hissed and passed and d next tin d guy did it agan,som pesn now ran bak into me.Omo I felt light imediately!I touch pocket fone done waka.I b lik Okocha wen he lose dat free kick abi na penalty back then,I jus open teeth lik mumu.As we call d fone d guy say him dey see me!Afta switch off.I God say no b d 3k dem move o else mumsy go deal wit me!I jus enta d market buy d fudstuff and waka,since then wen I reach oyingbo I grab by pockets and bag well cos evrybdy is a potential tif,lol!
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by flash333: 6:58am On Nov 19, 2013
say FXXK to all the bad guys. angry
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by emmabest2000(m): 6:58am On Nov 19, 2013
Adesam09: If u can explain.. Na nice thief take am
Nice thief indeed grin
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by dapzyadix(m): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2013
Well well mine na inside awo hall common room during putme exams...d hostel room was over saturated so I decided to rest in d common room small...by d tym I woke up d phone was gone.d phone wasn't even mine,it was 4 a friend,l8r as I juss lie down 4 room thinking, I got a call on my own phone as I pick am d phone went off due to low ba3...I come get 1 kind strange feeling say na d person wey d phone dey wit dey call...I quickly looked 4 anoda ba3 dey wait 4 d call again...na so d person call back,long story cut short d phone was l8r returned to me...omo I overhappy o
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ccharlex: 7:10am On Nov 19, 2013
My experience is kind very funny cos till date, I never believed that I could robbed in broad daylight. Lol, dose Alaba boys humble Me Ehn....
I guess it was 2006 or so, when Nokia 6630 & 6680 was banging, kai, I repped Symbian like-say na my middle name sha, so dis was a time when people were shouting at 32mb memory card, but I got a 1gb for my 6680 for 7k at computer villa & was representing with cool appss, dicko, damen I made money from Pimping fone too sha, maybe na karma dey catch up with me for getting stuff free and using it to make money grin grin grin
So this fateful day, I went to Alaba Int'l for some stuff, then decided to see a friend dat fixes fones along the Rago road, & dat Place na criminals full there o... Loll, so I had Enough money in my left back pocket, so d fone was in the other pocket, u Knw as e dey be whn u carry money, u go jst dey suspect people grin grin grin
So dat place is always matchy durin rainy season, so I was walking fast, I tried overtaking one guy, mistakenly pushed him, & he almost fell into d potopoto *i no knw wetin b potopotpo for English o* grin grin grin so I apologised and even held him back frm falling, was. formin James Bond for d small devil grin so I just left d guy & started walkin dis boy run com meet me o, and was walkin at my back, and said [strong]"Bros u get luck say u b guy o, supposing na gurl push me like dat, I for just raise her leg like dis *d criminal actually raised my leg o* grin "[/strong] na so I shout for d guy dey form brave, My first impulse was my money, I touched my pocket & it was still there, I no knw say d boy don whisk my precious ultra-pimped 6680 plus my 1GB memory card, so he said no wahala, as I took three strides, I jst paused, & said dis guy's action was questionable, when I touched d other pocket, nna my fone don borrow leg o grin grin
Olboy I just begin sweat all over my body at once, I went back thinkin I would see him, for wher d tiff don turn to breeze, kai see F-up, awhole me!!! grin grin grin So I jst went to my friend & told him, ur boys don steal my fone o, whn I narrated to him he laughed me grin grin grin becos I don over-make mouth for am... So he told me dat if its in d market, he'll see some people & the fone would surely get to him... Lo & behold 2weeks later he called me to come & bail my own fone o, Imagine wahala grin grin I ask am d 1GB memory card dey ther he said yes, my broda I no even reason police matter, I rush go bail my fone with 10k....
Since dat day, if I waka dat road, I no dey let anybody waka near me grin grin grin & also I don learn not to brag about being smart grin grin grin
Kai OP. My finger don dey pain me for dis work wey u give me grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Isaacpyo04(m): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2013
Interesting comments so far...
my phone(new Blackberry bold 2) got lost just before I wrote my last paper in 400level.
We are not allow to take our phones inside d exam hall in our school, so kept it in my bag. Thinking in my mind that I had kept my bag well not until my doubt was cleared! I went back to check my precious phone, lo and behold it ad vanished, I was almost crying that my 64k worth of phone(that time) is gone. I just ad to put myself together so as to write my final paper... could u guy believe I got B in that course!
Such a bad experience.. .
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by olisamedua: 7:25am On Nov 19, 2013
I was driving on my way to work with my windows wound down to clear the mist.
One small boy of about 15 years came to my side of the car and said " Bros please I need your help, can I ask u something?"
I looked at the guy and he didn't seem to have anything to say, na so my antenna rise.
I quickly looked at my right side to see one very fast movement, another guy had picked my new BB phone!
Choi!, I had d option of jumping out of the car and shouting ole! ole!, but I kon think am twice,
For two guys to be robbing so early in the morning they should be part of a syndicate.
If I run and pursue them who knows what will happen to my laptop in the car, na so I mellow, kon lick my wounds.
This happened at new garage, gbagada yesterday.
Please if u drive to work and get to any area where you have to drive slowly, please wind up.
I learnt mine the hard way.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by poshblaze(f): 7:46am On Nov 19, 2013
The only time my phone was stolen was last year june in abuja. My friends and i came to party in town from school, na so i carry my waka waka leg go see one toaster for transcorp hilton, the battery was dead and i couldnt even call the person, those strict hilton people now accused me of loitering. Na so i vex comot for the hotel, the first taxi i entered charged 1k to gana street where we were lodging, i got down @ the gate and entered another cab outside. Lo and behold, the old cab driver instead of going straight towards gana, just cut hand begin go millienium park, i dey dere dey shout what is happening, i no even notice one man comot from the boot begin beat me, use sharp thing to cut cut my body. The guy collected my phone, a torch 2, and my collet containing 10k. I had not even used the phone up to a month and it was a gift from another toaster o. As if stealing my property was not bad enough, this idiots press breast finish still threw me out of a moving cab. I just thank God for saving my life, infact i dont miss the phone at all. I still feel terror when entering taxis especially those green ones.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 19, 2013
Abu Mikey:

ROTFLMAO gringringrin

"Ike Garri" grin

u dey laff at me ni?? cry
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by joelenesleek(f): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2013
NA me the THIEF all of una PHONES. I like some of the fones while others na wasted time, effort and skills especially AIRFORCE1 sony ericson flip with the orange color light. grin
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2013
Ohioh: Ok it was this day I was going to school... I just got an iPhone - 1 of d latest @ d time. It was just ova 3 2 4months old! It stil amuses me hw it happened! I put the fone in2 my left pocket as I highlighted 4rm d commercial vehicle I was in! Carryin my skul load n prov. In my 2 hands walkin 4rm where I highlyted 2 d oda syd of d road wer I was 2 board anoda bus wen al of a sudden ds random boy walks 4rm behind tryin 2 make a convo wit me. 1st ov al I reluctant bt he was persistent n I later gav in... Al of a sudden he somhw convinced me dat my perfectly Ok shoe hz startd 2 Open mouth - hw I blivd him I av no idea! So he convinced me 2 stamp my feet on the ground n sed I wz nt duin it properly n offer 2 hold my left leg wit hz hand n manuali help me stamp ma feet on d ground! And dat waz it! Al of a sudden we approach a V-junctn n we went our seperate ways... - Al along I knw sumtin waz wrong bt culd nt figure out wat xactly! After I tuk a couple of steps I felt my pocket n it waz no where 2b found! Nida waz d guy! And dat waz it! I mourned d fone 4 ova 2-3weeks! I felt reali bad... Dreamt abt d fone... It was terrible!
It kinda felt lyk I ws goin 2ru a breakup afta many years ov being 2geda!

Mehn!!!!!! I can relate with this seriously... I also had a similar encounter, it was my first phone. This guy tout came from nowhere... He must have been following me because it happened right infront of my house.
I went shopping and was just returning, had barely stepped into my compound when he signalled to me from the other side of the street. I stopped to listen to what he had to say as he crossed to meet me. He was saying something like "brother wait wait there's something under your pam! do like this to get it off" (while he demonstrated by stamping his feet). I looked under the soles of my pam I didn't see anything there, but still I obeyed and did same, and he said "you aren't doing it very well, let me do it for you!"
I was already becoming very suspicious at this point and more alert despite being very tired, it was a hot afternoon.
So this guy bent down, lifted my right leg for me, and stamped it a couple of times on the ground while I watched, perplexed.
He now said "that's it, i've removed it for you" and was strolling away. Immediately I reached for my fone in my right pocket it wasnt there I shouted at him angrily "bring my phone back now!!!"
He came back and gave it to me and said "E tii go ara yin sha" meaning "you fooled yourself" I wanted to slap him but I let him be, who knows he might have been armed.. all dis happened ryt infront of my gate... The fone was eventually stolen later on sha.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2013
Harbosede02: u dey laff at me ni?? cry
grin grin
but seriously yours was very hilarious!!!

Sorry about the loss tho... Hope you find it sha
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by tohirah(f): 8:11am On Nov 19, 2013
I lost my phone abt 6 months ago. I was in d car with my dad on my way back from sch and I was so tired. My phone was btw my laps, mum called that we should buy bread on our way. When we saw bread, the spot he parked was a prohibited place. So I had to rush down from the car to buy the bread and rush back. Getting home, I started looking for the phone, called it and it rang but I couldn't hear it ring. I knew I lost the phone already. But I kept calling it just in case it was found by a good samaritan. Someone picked on the 5th ring. I was ssooo happy. I went to pick it up the next day
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 8:11am On Nov 19, 2013
ella gal: crymine wasa crazy xperience cox it happened ryt unda my nose.I received a call & left d fone on d cushion & was carried away by a movie wen a family frnd came in & said he came 2 greet mumcy.he sighted d fone & decided 2 sit on dat same chair wia I left d fone.he jst stood up & said he was goin,was surprised why he suddenly changed his mind on greetin mumcy & decided 2 leave in such a hurry.I didn't realise my fone was missin until 10min afta he left.as d story goes he denied & kept swearing heaven & earth.his cover blew wen he stole our neighbour's fone again!wat a shameless bastard
Serves him right, good thing he was exposed.
Did you say a family friend? Some so called friends can be very wicked o, a lesson 4 us to be careful about the type of 'friends' we let into our homes especially.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Android Smartphones To Expect In 2015 / How Do I Check MTN Share Data / How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.