Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? (1815 Views)

In All Honesty,what Have U Benefited From Buhari Administration / Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) / What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by prettyboi1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hello fellow Nigerians...how's everyone doing?
This thread was/is created to discuss all the positive things our president, Mr.Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has done to advance our progress as a nation since becoming our president 4 years ago (2009) after the death of former president Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. Personally, I know quite a lot of things he hasn't done & I know many more terrible & negative things he has done. But hey,this thread is about enlightenment on those things some of us (as a matter of fact most of us Nigerians) "don't know" that President Jonathan has done to advance our progress as a nation since resuming office over 4 years ago.
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
He won a naija president election. If you think say na small thing, try am.
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by buoye1(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
Baba do good o...he do gud.....he gve Fresh "Hear"
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by OMG2013(m): 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Our roads re better!!!
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by slimfit1(m): 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
The question is what has he not done. So also why is he covering corrupt officials.

3 Likes

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by DAY12(m): 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
24/7 Electricity smiley
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by omokidew: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
I was asking myself this same question today. What has he done ?. The Niger Delta is still the same place with the same level of poverty. The roads are still bad and the level of corruption in the country is probably much worse than he met it. His supporters are always quick to point you to this direction and that direction then they end their statements with " All good things starts from somewhere " . What has he done well from start to finish that every Nigerian can say yes he did it.

3 Likes

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by Psylas(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
Kpetefi
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
He ran the bell at NYSE in New Yorkgringrin

He has fed his wife with more junk food than he did four years ago.

He has created more enemies for himself in the last two years than the previous two years.

He has given his wife half of the power vested in him by the constitution.

He has created new way of dealing with arithmetic in our schools; 16 greater than 19.....

More plane crash than any other presidents in short period of time.

The list goes on...........

13 Likes

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by Dahkogrin007(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
He has taken Nigeria two steps forward and 100 steps backwark

4 Likes

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by prettyboi1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
Lol...this is really funny. It's been almost 3 days since I started this thread & yet there's hardly any reply yet. Does it mean there's really nothing our president has done substantially? This isn't a good sign.

1 Like

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by prettyboi1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
5 days & still no substantial replies. I guess this is already pointing to one direction which we already know right? There's still sometime to convince some of us,so please people come let us know those things our president has really done for our country. Thank you guys
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
pretty_boi: 5 days & still no substantial replies. I guess this is already pointing to one direction which we already know right? There's still sometime to convince some of us,so please people come let us know those things our president has really done for our country. Thank you guys
YOU WANT PEOPLE TO WASTE THIER PRECIOUSE TIME REPLYING an Efulefu? You are dreaming!

1 Like

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
pretty_boi: 5 days & still no substantial replies. I guess this is already pointing to one direction which we already know right? There's still sometime to convince some of us,so please people come let us know those things our president has really done for our country. Thank you guys

Your guess is mine...............

He has done absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact, we are worse off than we were before the death of Yar'Adua.

All Jonathan's achievements are only on paper. Nothing on ground to show for it. Jonathan is a colossal failure that should never be repeated for Nigeria to rise again. Nigerians should repeat this failure at their own peril.

6 Likes

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by prettyboi1(m): 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
VICTORCIZA: YOU WANT PEOPLE TO WASTE THIER PRECIOUSE TIME REPLYING an Efulefu? You are dreaming!
Olila na weh ah. Elo kwei
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by MRWHINNIG: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
What has he done? he has surpassed the achievements of his last 2 predecessors in just 4 years.
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by prettyboi1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
What has he done? he has surpassed the achievements of his last 2 predecessors in just 4 years.
pls we want proofs & not just word of mouth. What has he done better than all the rest of his predecessors? Please give a list & proof of these things. Thank you.
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by aljharem(m): 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:

which are ?

gsm or what ?
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by prettyboi1(m): 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
lol...it's officially 2 weeks since I posted this topic & still there are no posts highlighting what president Jonathan has done for our beloved country in his 4 years as president of Nigeria. Does this really prove the "haters" right that he hasn't/isn't doing anything tangible as president of the federal republic of Nigeria?
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by Abagworo(m): 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
Like I've always written "like Yar'Adua like Jonathan". Jonathan is a good man that is trying his best but his best can never be enough because nature deprived him of that leadership quality, swag and charisma. He and his deputy Sambo are kind of quiet and dull for their position. Nigeria needs a man that can act without fear or favour or at least a deputy to push the quiet man and earn respect without show of force.

4 Likes

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
pretty_boi: lol...it's officially 2 weeks since I posted this topic & still there are no posts highlighting what president Jonathan has done for our beloved country in his 4 years as president of Nigeria. Does this really prove the "haters" right that he hasn't/isn't doing anything tangible as president of the federal republic of Nigeria?
You don't need to bother Mr. Man! In a few hours time, the PDP laptop ninjas will invade your thread and list all the achievements of Jonathan. It is left for you to decide which is true or false. grin grin
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
The achievements are many but these are the few i can readily remember:

1.The First President to introduce ethnicity and Religion into body polity.

2. He created 5001 committees without implementing any of their findings and recommendations.

3. He created an ogogoro joint in Aso Rock with assorted local gins.

4. The first president to take holy communion in far away Israel.

5. He named his wife Jesus Christ Of Otuoke.

6. He created 420 Jobs online for his sycophants.

7. He elevated corruption in Nigeria to an all time high.

8. Through his effort, Asari Dokuba is now a threat to other sensible Nigerians.

9. He promised to construct 2nd Niger bridge for the South East.

10. He brought FACEBOOK to Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by Incrizz(f): 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
He has somehow managed to send an unwilling ASUU back to the classroom.

How could I have forgotten to add this: PHCN no longer exists. Yes! He did it! He did it!! He DID itttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by solelymade: 12:13am On Dec 06, 2013
coolHe was the first president to exhaust all his amens at a prayer section for Nigeria against corruption. Isn't that a remarkable feat cool cool

The first to achieve a landmark of paying for subsidised fuel to the tune of 1.7trillion naira as compared to his predecessors 250billion naira.

Most importantly, he makes INSINCERE Nigerian smile better to the bank nowadays. grin cool

4 Likes

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by taharqa: 1:13am On Dec 06, 2013
You all are cordially invited to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1539312/experts-hail-nigerias-soaring-nonoil

Thanks.
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by jmaine: 1:31am On Dec 06, 2013
Please visit the thread below and illuminate all seeming ignorance grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1375008/fresh-air-bumper-harvest-timelines

Oshe !!!! cool
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by abbakacici: 3:02am On Dec 06, 2013
i don't like the guy but here are some of his positive achievement that i can think of from the top of my head may be it may be more then this
1) building of 12 new universities (although the government is saying it does have the money to manage the universities but at least 20,000 more jam bite ever year will not be satting at home ideal )
2) renovation of kano, abuja , Enugu and lagos airport (although kano and abuja are not yet full functional still waiting for equipment and lagos is like 50% functional)
3) youwin ( is a nice idea i know of people in the first batch that are really doing well for them self now , although people in the north are complaining that only igbo are give the award for example 10 igbos and 6 igbos from jigawa and zamfara get the award respectively )
4) the sure- p ( the luxury buses which have start working in some state although the buses are not enough and a little bit old and outdated )
5) train (although the train are outdated locomotive train )
this are the 5 thing can re call from the top of my head, this 5 things even BUHARI or TINUBU can't give GEJ F mark in any of the 5 things mention above the worst they can give him is a D, i personally will give him a C+ in 1 and 2 and a B in 3 and 4 and a D in 5
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by seangy4konji: 3:22am On Dec 06, 2013
he turned me into a drunk...he does not have common sense since he started sleeping with STEAALLER ODUAH...CORRUPTION IS THE BEST NEW TREND OF NIGERIA....HE IS A FAILURE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by kennypoka2(m): 8:37am On Dec 06, 2013
moment of honesty right.. let is look at it 4rm dis angle.. obasanjo is a wicked monster dat only cares abt himself alone and not d wellbeing of Nigeria. dis man obasanjo decided to run for a third term bt his ambition was made futile by citizens and lawmakers alike.. this wicked man tot of a way to exert his revenge.. he saw many nothrrners dat could possibly do better Dan yaradua( the sick man) but instead he brought a sick man to be made president.. he died two years in office. pls wat do u tink would b next tin if not for his VP to take control of tins. u tink if I test power for two yrs I won't love to remain in DAT power for more yrs.. pls why do u tink obasanjo was seeking for a third term wen he is virtually part of those that spoilt Nigeria to dis state. coming back to Jonathan, this man Neva had d ambition to run for presidency at all bt of the taste of power DAT is so strong DAT no human could refuse he decided to run, obviously he won, nw Mr president time for u to perform you can't cos u r weak, I repeat u don't merit to be in DAT ur position if not for DAT foolish crazy obasanjo. we nid a good man which I tink u r but just DAT u r weak.. we nid a good, competent, confident and bold man like Mandela to move this country forward . I rest ma case..tanks

1 Like

Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by kennypoka2(m): 8:37am On Dec 06, 2013
moment of honesty right.. let us look at it 4rm dis angle.. obasanjo is a wicked monster dat only cares abt himself alone and not d wellbeing of Nigeria. dis man obasanjo decided to run for a third term bt his ambition was made futile by citizens and lawmakers alike.. this wicked man tot of a way to exert his revenge.. he saw many nothrrners dat could possibly do better Dan yaradua( the sick man) but instead he brought a sick man to be made president.. he died two years in office. pls wat do u tink would b next tin if not for his VP to take control of tins. u tink if I test power for two yrs I won't love to remain in DAT power for more yrs.. pls why do u tink obasanjo was seeking for a third term wen he is virtually part of those that spoilt Nigeria to dis state. coming back to Jonathan, this man Neva had d ambition to run for presidency at all bt of the taste of power DAT is so strong DAT no human could refuse he decided to run, obviously he won, nw Mr president time for u to perform you can't cos u r weak, I repeat u don't merit to be in DAT ur position if not for DAT foolish crazy obasanjo. we nid a good man which I tink u r but just DAT u r weak.. we nid a good, competent, confident and bold man like Mandela to move this country forward . I rest ma case..tanks
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
grin
Re: Moment Of Honesty: What Has President Jonathan Done? by ennydoc: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
11. Infrastructure has been a major focus area of my administration and so, we pursued the power sector reform to this point of irreversible progress. Nigeria has undertaken a most transparent and corruption free bidding process, attracting global commendation. The on-going 450MW Azura Power Plant in Edo State is a testimony to the success of this transformation.
12. We have also resumed development of our Hydro-Power potential, with the construction of the 700MW Zungeru Hydro-Power Plant, while construction work on the 3,050MW Mambilla Hydro-Power Plant is about to take off.
13. Our power generation and distribution companies have now been privatized. We are firmly on the road to guaranteed regular power supply in the months ahead. This our bold move, is paying off!
14. We are committed to environmental protection and conservation and reducing vulnerability to climate change. In this regard, we have embarked on a number of projects across the country. Of particular note is theAfricanGreat Green Wall Programmed, where we have released about 16 billionnaira for implementation. The project will create a green belt across 11 states from Kebbi to Borno.
15. In the past three and half years, the water sector has witnessed unprecedented improvement. Access to potable water is now 67%, up from 58% in 2010, while sanitation coverage is 41%, from 32% within the same period.
16. Major developments in water include the completion of 37 Dams and rehabilitation of 10, with several others on-going construction. The flagship Kashimbila Multipurpose Dam which is being built to contain flood from Lake Nyos, is now at 90% completion. We have also completed about 5,000 rural and semi urban water schemes.
17. We are reforming the National Urban Water supply programmes in 12 states, with 385 formal and informal irrigation projects, covering a total land area of 118000 ha, cultivated mostly by small holder farmers. This has yielded over 3 million metric tons of assorted grains and vegetables, with a market value of about 45billion naira.
18. Before the advent of this administration, the Railway system was practically dead. Today, we have revived the rail sector. The narrow gauge line from Lagos to Kano has been rehabilitated with improved coaches providing regular services. The rehabilitation of the Port Harcourt-Maidugurirail line is progressing with the Port Harcourt-Gombe segment as well as the branch line from Kafanchan to Kaduna expected to be completed and fully operational by December 2014.
19. Already, work on the Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge rail line, is progressing. The tracks of the rail line will be completed by December this year 2014. Upon completion of the project in the first quarter of 2015, itwill be possible for Nigerians to live in Kaduna and work in Abuja. The Itape-Ajaokuta-Wari standard gauge line has attained an advanced stage, with the track completely laid. We hope to commence full operation before the end of 2015.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kabiru Sokoto To Name Boko Haram Sponsors If Granted Amnesty Read More At TODAY / Fear Of Ebola: This US Air Passenger Isn't Taking Any Risks At All..lol / Breaking! Mend Issued Threat To Attack Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.