Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! - Literature (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! (199349 Views)

The Preacher's Son III: Diary Of A Player / The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Preacher's Son!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by SexySapphire(f): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
U sef wan win the money, so u lik beta tin.
Anyway, I tink u've started suffering us wit updates o. U jst dy giv us 2 updates per day. Am nt happy wit it ooo
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Clemzy16(m): 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chai, Uduak no put hope for that money oo... Na linda herself go win am... Nice update
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Uthman51(m): 6:34am On Dec 14, 2013
Sexy Sapphire: U sef wan win the money, so u lik beta tin.
Anyway, I tink u've started suffering us wit updates o. U jst dy giv us 2 updates per day. Am nt happy wit it ooo

Watin make i do d guy? Make I reduce him head?
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Mimisboygreat: 6:53am On Dec 14, 2013
Where are u nah@ROCK do fast come update my blood dy hot.. Una Gud morning my friends.
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Therock5555(m): 7:41am On Dec 14, 2013
Uthman51:

Watin make i do d guy? Make I reduce him head?

Chai abeg no reduce my head oo.

Clemzy16: Chai, Uduak no put hope for that money oo... Na linda herself go win am... Nice update

We go deal wif her if nobody win am

Sexy Sapphire: U sef wan win the money, so u lik beta tin.

Ehya no vex too much, my schedule dey choked up and i get collabo thread again. No worry, una go just see five updates one day.

Mimisboygreat: Where are u nah@ROCK do fast come update my blood dy hot.. Una Gud morning my friends.

I dey come sir

Una good morning oo, i wake up today my hand come dey strong like cement, i no fit type sef, chai harmattan na bad thing oo. Make i go warm up first...
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by DEllaluv(f): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2013
No b only stiff fingers,cold b lyk we dey Thailand
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by lekinz(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Mimisboygreat: lend me that ur Ak 47 i wan use am small

U no need to dey waste my groundnut because of this short dude wey big broad chested guys dey ....take Chelsea bottle
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Mimisboygreat: 10:14am On Dec 14, 2013
lekinz:

U no need to dey waste my groundnut because of this short dude wey big broad chested guys dey ....take Chelsea bottle
i go first test am on ur head ni
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Therock5555(m): 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
WORKING CLASS

I sat in one corner observing everything that was going on, there were three girls, i and Collins and the operator. Everyone were gisting but i kept quiet like a good boy that i was. Finally work began, i choosed to be packaging the water while Collins and another girl was carrying it to go arrange in the storage room while the operator was busy patroling around, doing nothing.

I began packing only for everybody to stop and look at me, there were suprised that i could pack and i claimed i was a learner.

"You sure say you never work for pure water factory?" Ashie a short, plump black girl asked me.

"No, na my first time be this" I replied while shining my 27 teethsgrin

They all looked at me in berwildment, i smiled and continued my work, even Collins was suprised, my boss also admired me, i felt good, atleast my two months tying practice was not in vain.

What i learnt that first day was that gossip was not for girls alone, boys contributed 60percent of it, all topics were discussed, it even shadowed the work we were doing.

By 1pm we went out for break and came back by 2pm, that was when the whole wahala started, we got tired of gisting so everyone faced their work, stress began telling on me. My ar'se began burning.

"Abeg Collins, wetin be time?" I asked.

"Haaa, time never go anywhere, now na just 3pm now" He said laughing, i frown my face. I had been working since and time was not moving at all.

After three hours i asked again and he told me that it was just four PM.

"Whatt you dey mad? Why time no dey run na, abi una pray say make time no run fast?" I queried.

"No worry na your first time na, tomorow time go run" Another girl called Lami encouraged me.

I bear the stress till the boss came back with his suppliers, two boys who looked more cheerful than i. I immediatly began jealousing them.

"Mehn i don hammer 2k" The yellow short one called Obinna said.

"Obinugu!! You go share with me oo" Lami said.

I was also smiling thinking that if one person can get 2k that means i should be eyeing more than 1k since i was new. I never knew that what i was hearing them say was more than what i could fathom out.

"Hassan, how far na, you no hammar anything" Ashie asked the other tall black muslim dude who just sat quietly.

"Abeg make una free me Jare, na una dey help me get the money?" Hassan queried and walked out.

"We know say na palmie you wan go drink na" Collins said and ran out before the mighty Hassan download his fury on him.

Finally it was 6pm so we all queued out to go collect our day's job, i was rubbing my palm to collect my so thought 1k only for the boss to pay everyone N400 and he asked me to wait. My face changed colour, i could not believe that i wasted my a'rse and waist for free.

I waited patiently till they all left before the boss began speaking to me.

"Your name is Peter right" The man asked me.

"Yes sir" I replied with a beating heart while wondering while he wanted to talk to me alone.

"Ok my daughter talked about you, she said you were a good senior in school, thats why i called you to see you" The man concluded and gave me N300 because i was new.

I was confused, i never knew the man's daughter, well i never flogged because i was somehow scared of those big junior students. Make e no be say person go come block me for road, i only flogged indirectly thats through my friends. I smiled and walked out, when i reached the gate, a girl i have never seen blocked my path. Her face was looking somehow familiar but i did not know from where i saw knew.

"Senior smallie" She said and began laughing.

"What, who is senior smallie?" i asked.

"You na, thats what we called you in school, all of your mates have their names given to them by the students" She expained.

I immediatly began smiling as i knew that she was the boss daughter. We gisted alittle before i left her, my mind was not thinking of dating her Because i no want wahala.

I was glad that atleast i made N300 for myself and not through backyard means, i could get times three of that money while sitting at home but there is no better feeling than working for your own money, the fufilment would envelope you in cordial bliss, atleast it makes you feel independent.

But one mystery still disturbed me, how would i get N300 and others got upto 2k, i promised myself to solve that mystery.

When i went home it was hell, my waist was almost at breaking point, my yansh burned like i rub pepper, i was either lieing down or standing. They laughed at me till i almost gave up.

But i strenghtened myself in the fact thay nothing good comes easy, if everyone would work one day and run away then am sure everyone would remain a poor man. As the saying goes, being a man was not a days job so i had to prove to all my critics that i could make it no matter what comes against me.

DITERMINATION IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS.

see wetin i dey type since 8am, chai work don do me strong thing.

#Match watching things on my mind#

1 Like

Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
NICE UPDATE MAN
I TOO FEEL YOU OH
LMFAO grin grin grin
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Clemzy16(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
8am? Oboy yeee!!

Two things made me laughed in this update. First was where you wrote "i acted like the good boy which i was." atleast you used a past tense there. Also, was when you asked the dude three hours later what the time was and it was just one hour after. Thumbs up bro... You 5much...
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by StillDeoye(m): 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
NICE UPDATE BRO, Ur head is deir....feelin yu big tym
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Mimisboygreat: 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
See rock dy form good boy. Chai! I no fit laugh abeg.
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by AJObig(m): 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
Keep it coming bro, making money by urself is always a wonderful feeling........
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Danpersie31(m): 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
where are d arsenal fans in d house??xup na?hw market?man utd broda dn do am again.gunners 4 life.rock we gats celebrate wit updates
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Daniel2802(m): 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nice 1 bro.
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Tombilly(m): 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hahahahahaha tung su'kungbangsa lingusu shinha gringringrin laughing in chinsee. U diz guy like to unravel mystery abi?? gringrin in dat case I will take u to Maiduguri 2 luk into d mystery of boko Haram bombing after wich u will come back 2 bleep ur oga daughter at d pure water factory
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Uthman51(m): 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mr rock cool cool
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by aveiro(m): 10:00am On Dec 15, 2013
Tombilly: Hahahahahaha tung su'kungbangsa lingusu shinha gringringrin laughing in chinsee. U diz guy like to unravel mystery abi?? gringrin in dat case I will take u to Maiduguri 2 luk into d mystery of boko Haram bombing after wich u will come back 2 bleep ur oga daughter at d pure water factory
aba..e don repent nau
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Therock5555(m): 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chai so dem don abandon this thread... Uhm make i waka go sleep jare...
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by SexySapphire(f): 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
The rock5555: Chai so dem don abandon this thread... Uhm make i waka go sleep jare...

Sleep kini? If I catch u, I will break one of ur legs. U berra come and update asap
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by D9ty7(m): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
The rock5555: Chai so dem don abandon this thread... Uhm make i waka go sleep jare...
We still dey behind your back boss. Drop one update and you will see.
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nice work bro, been busy. I dey corner dey observe, FIRE ON
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Bro..sleep kini ...
beta come bck here ohhh
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Mimisboygreat: 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
bia! Rock if u try me walahi na 4 ur nyansh i go shoot u. Beta come and update. Atleast ur club won 2day so am expecting not less than 10 updates. So dnt waste tym
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Danpersie31(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
dear rocky,we ve won and we ve 3points.pls can i propose we celebrate wit updates.as per ur #wink#ur team mate u knw na,i wear no.20.
Bk 2 d real matter,rock me i dnt undastand u again oo.are u leaving dis thread?cos 360prince updates more dan u nw om?pls buckle up o.we need constant updates.b more consistant dan arsenal
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Therock5555(m): 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Me no come understand myself oo. I just turn celebrity for Akwanga.

Pple just dey invite me come social gatherings. Na my third event i dey now. Make i see wether i fit drop something for una... Mehn time is lacking on my side, how wish i go get free day una for read tire...

Up united, make i check scores sha before i begin type. Make una no vex too much...

Typing....

1 Like

Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by hibty(f): 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
embarassedWats wrong na,dis thread z getting boring kinda,Rock bring ur ppl 2 order.....#be guided
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Therock5555(m): 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
HUSTLERS

The next day of work was alittle bit comforting, i gisted as usual, everyone there had their own personality.

Ashie was the girl with the latest gist in town, i wondered if her brother or boyfriend worked in a radio company.

The second girl Dorcas we called her madam phone call, she actually resumed a day before me so she was still a learner also, she never stop to amaze us by the quantity of calls she recieved each day, maybe her uncle was a customer care agent are her boyfriends usually produce recharge cards or so we thought. She spent more hours recieving calls than working and she would always bring bible to work, claiming that she would go to church after work, maybe her fellowship was in her boyfriend's house.

Lami the third girl was also a good gister though she looked guys that had money, anytime the two boys that followed the driver cmes back she usually task them for soft drinks money.

Collins my friend we call him mister woman wrapper, actually the only thing i beat that boy in women affairs is bleeping of older women, if not girls from age 7 to 20, the dude have hit them. He was also forming Akwanga musician. Well thats the major occupation of young Akwanga boys, they all want to be like Wizkid and Davido, they forgot that musicians dont just start from the top, they began from the grassroot.

Nevertheless if you just mention to an Akwanga girl that you are a musician, uhm even if na to carry belly for you, she go gree, that fact made me hate music, my sister usually blast me because i refuse joining choir but i can sit at home and rap all the hip hop sensual beats in town. I dont just like too much attention, low key is my lifestyle.

Obinna was the younger brother of the assistant boss wife, the guy was really maltreated, i noticed the wife would bring food for her husband but she wont bring for the guy. I wondered how he got all those thousands he boasted to the indoor workers about, he never complained cus it seem he was making it.

Hassan, they were two, the operator and the second supplier, both were muslims but i would call the operator a real muslim cus he usually goes for prayers but the other guy, he loves women more than his life, drinks and indian hemp always kept him company, he rarely visited a mosque instead he prefer singing praises and quoting scriptures than speaking a arabic word. He had an unidentical twin brother called Hussiani, that one was quiet but had alot of charms which he used to get babes, though he never drank or smoke, he was alittle bit reasonable than his brother but was also far from being called a real muslim.

The assistant boss, we call him Oga Emma, he is the first son of his dad who married five wifes though his mum and two other wives are dead already. He dropped out of school to join the family business and refused continuing his education, word has it that he collected his own share of his father's business and began little but at that moment he had a bus and two personal cars, he had even made it more than his dad. The man could rap like Kendrick Lamar, especially when he gets angry and talk, you would barely hear anything he says. The best thing was just to keep on saying 'eh eh eh' till he gets tired of rapping and goes, maybe if i see him again i would advice him to make a mix tape with Erriga, they both fit each other or so i thought.

The big boss was a very old man who never got tired of shooting bullets into his youngest wife womb, i guess he would be clocking 70 or more but he refused to retire, instead he was coming to collect money from his driver, he also had a hotel so money was flowing wella. Actually that his daughter that told him about me was his last child. His family is too large that till date i have not seen them all.

Emeka, the boss driver was a fair fine dude who drived a car that berated his social status. I mean a guy that has a 2009 volswagen vehicle should not be riding a tartered 1775 ehm i don even know the model sef, that car was outdated, the steering was like aboki stick, the gear was just like turning stick, there was no head lights, side windows, back window was also gone, no wipers, no horn, it was with mouth the driver was shouting for people to clear from the road, it was with rope that the boot was held with from opening. The first day i saw that car, i almost fainted with laughter, i mean how would a man who was the first person to own a pure water factory in Akwanga be using that kind of car. When his son had upgraded since.

And i remained Uduak, the cool guy, that was the personalities i met in my working place when i began, more came and more left, we go reach there sha.

I had many more mysteries to unravel before i left there and i was sure that my work there was gonna be a challenging fun. Well i was not far from the truth.

Work ended that day and i was so glad that i rushed to put of the control switch, i found myself on the ground five seconds later-Wetin happen?

See una tomorow.
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Therock5555(m): 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
hibty: embarassedWats wrong na,dis thread z getting boring kinda,Rock bring ur ppl 2 order.....#be guided

Make u no vex oo. Na me dey make am boring sef, i go improve soon, this harnattan no dey help matters sef..

Una goodnite, i don drop long update oo. Make i reach house johr, hopefully una go see update tomorow morning thats if cold no block my hands
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by DEllaluv(f): 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
u can write,keep it up
Re: The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! by Belvinho(m): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
Work ended that day and i was so glad that i rushed to put of the control switch, i found myself on the ground five seconds later. Wetin happen?

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooollllll. Who send u go off control switch

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (64) (Reply)

Accidental Victim / Oga Landlord 21+ / Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.