Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,991 members, 7,838,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl (1969 Views)

APC Replaces Oshiomhole As Head Of Committee To Conduct Bayelsa Guber Primary / Bayelsa Guber: Contest Like No Other / Anambra Guber Contest: Sincere 9gerian Vindicated Yet Again!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Amanwulu1(m): 8:35am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

It is important to look at where the country has been, where it is presently and where it will be 4yrs from now, the length of term the Governor will be in the seat and during which you cannot reverse the decision made today.

If SE is on the move to bring all Ibo states into the APGA fold, then this a great win. We know thats never going to happen.

The only states enjoying stability and growth are APC states. All other states are burdened with security challenges in one form or the other and are trailing on development charts.

Take us through past gains in APGA controlled states and compare with APC states.

So who is the looser, APC or the people of Anambra?

I commented on another post about the fact that registered voters in Anambra totalled 1.764M poeple. Thats the whole of Anambra State! This is alarming!! APGA has done a horrible job uplifting your society and the manpower has thus depleted significantly and relocated to APC controlled states to find proper upliftment.

You ought to be saddened that an opportunity to duplicate in Anambra the same appeal and charisma that draws your brothers to West, and had APC won would reverse the exodus and bring back manpower and growth to the land, was missed.

Can we expect APGA to bring growth and development? Look at their track, its empty!

In fact we expect more people porting out and heading West. It will do APGA good to build a refugee shelter in Onitsha to receive future deportees from APC.

How does the rejection of Ngige in Anambra affect Fashola or Amosun or Aregbe or even Tinubu? No loss..!! Anambra is the looser here.
my guy when is ur birthday? I mean d year because it seems u're born after 1999.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by biafranqueen: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Biafranqueen,

Im using the number of registered voters on official record, not the number of votes cast. Of course the registered is always higher than the number that voted and this is so anyehere in the world.

In Anambra the total number of registered voters statewide is 1.764M.

Can you explain where the people are?
From my own small observation men between the ages of 25-50 in my town don't really believe in the voting process, as much as the women do. The men I have spoken to in my family feel that they are in business and what happens in Ziks house, will not stop their business. If something comes up that involves the government they break out a check book and do the needful, many of them donate heavily to candidates but don't vote. Why I don't know, to be honest. But I think it has to do with not trusting the voting system process. What they know is no matter who makes it to the Governors mansion, they are all money hungry blood suckers, so why waste time. You hardly see so called big boys drive in with entourage to cast vote. The voting card is something that people like to hold in their wallet, so they will go to the town hall or obtain one through an agent. I know so many of my family members that refused to travel from the North and the East to vote. As one poster stated Anambrians have traveled abroad for decades, if a family has 9 children then maybe one will still be in Anambra. So to answer your questions they are spread out in the whole world Anambra State Association has over 100,000 members in the US alone. I have family on every continent except Antarctica. Holding that card is more of a sense of belonging then a political action.
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by biafranqueen: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The Hausas come close, don't you think ?
I agree we have two Hausa families as tenants in our town. But I must admit I have only met one Hausa family my whole life in America, I always wondered why is that?
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by MayorofLagos(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2013
djon78: I somehow see point in what Mr Mayor is saying. Why is the migratory pattern of our people one dimensional, why other Nigerian tribes don't have a substantial pert of their people in our land?
The Igbo mans biggest problem is lack of visionary leaders and when we have the opportunity to get it right we shoot our selves on the foot. When the whole Anambra political process commenced I never rooted for Ngige, our best was charles soludo, but the dumb, vision less buffoons in APGA truncated it, now they have manipulated a stooge, who cannot bring any effective change.

If our people are wise they should have asked why peter obis next international built the biggest shoping mall in Abuja, if he really had the love of our people, he should have done it back home.
What the Mayor is saying is how things will play out from now, there are ways Yorubas can covertly hit out on the Igbos through massive tax and other stuffs and I personally will like it cos it can be a short term pain for a long term gain, so that our people will start using their brain and go and develop the East.

Close to it!

There was news yesterday of Fashola being shutout and rejected when he went to pay condolence on the death of Omojola. The reason he was rejected is simple - his open door policy did not recognize Omojola and his activism, so in death the people question the sincerity of his condolence visit.

We are very respectful of authority and give it plenty esteem, in return we expect accountabilityand honor. A dishonorable and delinquent authority does not survive in Yorubaland.

If Obi was a Yoruba governor he would not dare go and invest millions in Iboland or Hausaland and pay income tax in those lands while our youths are in need of jobs and income at home.
Obi can do that to Anambra because there is no probity in the land.

The more Ibo youths port out and go elsewhere to live the less social burdens and economic demands on the Governor and therefore to an extent, they are the true benefactors of the one dimensional migration of youths. They create a socially hostile environment to dissuade big investors from their home states and thus raise unemployment to intolerable level. Youths must go where the investment is..and thats West!

Why has a Governor with a voting population of less than 2million people not being able to curb widespread crime in eight years? Because the crimes serve as superficial deterrent to investorsnot to bring jobs to Anambra. Jobs in Anambra would mean population swell and the Governor has to work double hard to run the state and administer resources.

If Ibos will not take the initiative to probe their governors and bring about a change, we have "social awakeners" in West to bring them to the grim reality of a "non-united Nigeria"; deportation will serve as one of those social policies.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by biafranqueen: 9:07am On Nov 19, 2013
djon78: I somehow see point in what Mr Mayor is saying. Why is the migratory pattern of our people one dimensional, why other Nigerian tribes don't have a substantial pert of their people in our land?
The Igbo mans biggest problem is lack of visionary leaders and when we have the opportunity to get it right we shoot our selves on the foot. When the whole Anambra political process commenced I never rooted for Ngige, our best was charles soludo, but the dumb, vision less buffoons in APGA truncated it, now they have manipulated a stooge, who cannot bring any effective change.

If our people are wise they should have asked why peter obis next international built the biggest shoping mall in Abuja, if he really had the love of our people, he should have done it back home.
What the Mayor is saying is how things will play out from now, there are ways Yorubas can covertly hit out on the Igbos through massive tax and other stuffs and I personally will like it cos it can be a short term pain for a long term gain, so that our people will start using their brain and go and develop the East.
that's not true I was the first one to expose Peter Obis mall on Nairaland I was the biggest critic of his government, and people were calling me bad belly. But guess what some of the citizens visit Awaka and had meetings with him in America these past two years and we brought all this up. He said his brother was in charge of the company since he has been in office. He said he did not want to put the state in debt and that he was working with his team to come up with long term solutions for the states economic welfare. His first two years was spent building up all that Ngige burned down, when the courts removed him from office. That is when I lost all respect for Ngige. Do you know what it takes to campaign for office in any country.$$. My Dear all the vision that Obama had for America was pipe dreams, big money controls governments on a global scale. But if you have the guts run for Governor in 4 years try your luck!
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by biafranqueen: 9:16am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Close to it!

There was news yesterday of Fashola being shutout and rejected when he went to pay condolence on the death of Omojola. The reason he was rejected is simple - his open door policy did not recognize Omojola and his activism, so in death the people question the sincerity of his condolence visit.

We are very respectful of authority and give it plenty esteem, in return we expect accountabilityand honor. A dishonorable and delinquent authority does not survive in Yorubaland.

If Obi was a Yoruba governor he would not dare go and invest millions in Iboland or Hausaland and pay income tax in those lands while our youths are in need of jobs and income at home.
Obi can do that to Anambra because there is no probity in the land.

The more Ibo youths port out and go elsewhere to live the less social burdens and economic demands on the Governor and therefore to an extent, they are the true benefactors of the one dimensional migration of youths. They create a socially hostile environment to dissuade big investors from their home states and thus raise unemployment to intolerable level. Youths must go where the investment is..and thats West!

Why has a Governor with a voting population of less than 2million people not being able to curb widespread crime in eight years? Because the crimes serve as superficial deterrent to investorsnot to bring jobs to Anambra. Jobs in Anambra would mean population swell and the Governor has to work double hard to run the state and administer resources.

If Ibos will not take the initiative to probe their governors and bring about a change, we have "social awakeners" in West to bring them to the grim reality of a "non-united Nigeria"; deportation will serve as one of those social policies.
less then 2 million what are you talking bro over 1 million people live in Nnewi alone. The crime in Anambra is not as bad as people think and an independent investigation came in to prove it don't act like you can't remember the crime index, it is just because the media reports the Eastern crime more then the west My town is filled to the capacity with half of the residents coming from outside. If the a West started from scratch the way we did you could not be talking this rubbish every building and house in Anambra was built by the people not the white colony masters so stop comparing. The busiest port is where the money is at like New York like California, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Only the Igbos can bring change through a grassroots effort that has already been activated and has been the reason anything has gotten done. Irresponsible leaders, can not lead responsible people. Only we can make the changes from the bottom up. The poverty in the West needs attention stop focusing on us the West is just not Lagos show me development in the other Western states before you point one finger at us, because four more are pointing back to you. Please open a thread showing us the progress of the other Western states! Add pictures not just mouth!
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by MayorofLagos(m): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2013
biafranqueen: From my own small observation men between the ages of 25-50 in my town don't really believe in the voting process, as much as the women do. The men I have spoken to in my family feel that they are in business and what happens in Ziks house, will not stop their business. If something comes up that involves the government they break out a check book and do the needful, many of them donate heavily to candidates but don't vote. Why I don't know, to be honest. But I think it has to do with not trusting the voting system process. What they know is no matter who makes it to the Governors mansion, they are all money hungry blood suckers, so why waste time. You hardly see so called big boys drive in with entourage to cast vote. The voting card is something that people like to hold in their wallet, so they will go to the town hall or obtain one through an agent. I know so many of my family members that refused to travel from the North and the East to vote. As one poster stated Anambrians have traveled abroad for decades, if a family has 9 children then maybe one will still be in Anambra. So to answer your questions they are spread out in the whole world Anambra State Association has over 100,000 members in the US alone. I have family on every continent except Antarctica. Holding that card is more of a sense of belonging then a political action.

The family structure and extended family and traders apathy to voting has no statistical bearing on the official number of how many people are registered to vote.

The official record stand at 1.764million statewide.

Where are the manpower and headcount in Anambra state?

Do you know what this translate to?

Using voters registration record as a subset of population count, Anambra State(with 21 LGs) has same population as about a local govt, say Alimosho LG of Lagos State. In actual figures, Alimosho has more than 2million registered voters. This would mean Anambra, population wise is the scale of a Local Govt and Peter Obi is at the administrative level of a Local Govt Chairman.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by MayorofLagos(m): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2013
biafranqueen: less then 2 million what are you talking bro over 1 million people live in Nnewi alone. The crime in Anambra is not as bad as people think and an independent investigation came in to prove it don't act like you can't remember the crime index, it is just because the media reports the Eastern crime more then the west My town is filled to the capacity with half of the residents coming from outside. If the a West started from scratch the way we did you could not be talking this rubbish every building and house in Anambra was built by the people not the white colony masters so stop comparing. The busiest port is where the money is at like New York like California, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Only the Igbos can bring change through a grassroots effort that has already been activated and has been the reason anything has gotten done. Irresponsible leaders, can not lead responsible people. Only we can make the changes from the bottom up. The poverty in the West needs attention stop focusing on us the West is just not Lagos show me development in the other Western states before you point one finger at us, because four more are pointing back to you. Please open a thread showing us the progress of the other Western states!

The structural concrete and cement and iron steel in Lagos is not what gives the city its charisma and romance, its the Yoruba culture! Pull up historical accounts of Lagos before it became a colony and it was already a popular harbour and port.

Take Lagos out of the equation and my points are still very valid for Ibadan, the seat of Yoruba political supremacy. We built what we have in West from ground up as well and continued to multiply on them. This is not about who has what..but rather about why the total voters registration in Anambra is less than 2million.

We are talking official data here, not some fabricated number out of thin air. Weve been told many times that you are millions here and millions there..over the past 6months we have seen data that repeatedly invalidated the spurious claims.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Akanbiedu(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2013
yawns

......shoot, don't talk.
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by gurnam: 10:46am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

[size=15pt]How does the rejection of Ngige in Anambra affect Fashola or Amosun or Aregbe or even Tinubu?[/size] No loss..!! Anambra is the looser here.

That is the million dollar question that excessive hatred and unbridled foolish sentiments has beclouded their reasons to answer..
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by 9jamynation4lyf(m): 11:26am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

It is important to look at where the country has been, where it is presently and where it will be 4yrs from now, the length of term the Governor will be in the seat and during which you cannot reverse the decision made today.

If SE is on the move to bring all Ibo states into the APGA fold, then this a great win. We know thats never going to happen.

The only states enjoying stability and growth are APC states. All other states are burdened with security challenges in one form or the other and are trailing on development charts.

Take us through past gains in APGA controlled states and compare with APC states.

So who is the looser, APC or the people of Anambra?

I commented on another post about the fact that registered voters in Anambra totalled 1.764M poeple. Thats the whole of Anambra State! This is alarming!! APGA has done a horrible job uplifting your society and the manpower has thus depleted significantly and relocated to APC controlled states to find proper upliftment.

You ought to be saddened that an opportunity to duplicate in Anambra the same appeal and charisma that draws your brothers to West, and had APC won would reverse the exodus and bring back manpower and growth to the land, was missed.

Can we expect APGA to bring growth and development? Look at their track, its empty!

In fact we expect more people porting out and heading West. It will do APGA good to build a refugee shelter in Onitsha to receive future deportees from APC.

How does the rejection of Ngige in Anambra affect Fashola or Amosun or Aregbe or even Tinubu? No loss..!! Anambra is the looser here.
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by gurnam: 11:39am On Nov 19, 2013
The OP is a known political jobber......

He will issue any vacuous statement as long as his stipend is guaranteed
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by talktimi(m): 11:44am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

On whether or not he lost on account of his associations, you are a biased contributor. His rejection is a payback for his defense of deportation from Lagos. You should read news and keep current on national affairs.

On the validity of deportation, there are many loopholes in the constitution and in which the law defaults to the customary courts for discretionary power. Like I said, its no secret that we fervently despise Ibos in the West and they know it.

You talk about a disunity. I wonder if you can point me to any shred of unity in this country since 1906. What unity do you now expect 100yrs later?

National dialogue is not for decoration. Have you heard Afenifere lately? Thats the custodian of Awolowo's doctrines and the stewarts of the Oduduwa genetic print - omoluabi! If you want to know how Yoruba view Ibo, Hausa or anyone else for that matter read their inputs to President Jonathan on what Yoruba wants ..total cleansing of Yorubaland. It will happen! lol!! cheesy
Touche, seems we're both biased towards our own opinions though ive tried much as possible to be objective

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do We Use 220-240 Volts In Nigeria? / APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election / #bringbackourgirls Group Take Protest To Aso Rock - See PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.