Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,570 members, 7,958,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy (28357 Views)

The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Any Prophesy Concerning Zambia Vs Nigeria Match? / How Do You Rate Nigeria Vs Colombia? 23 List Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by britishengr: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2013
we need to work on our defence...but we have good attackers..dy played well..we have hope of reaching d semi- finals in d world cup..tnx super eagles.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by mustaphagreens(m): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2013
bastien: Onazi of course!!!!

See guys I gat something to say,there Is one player in the team that need to be show the exist door if only he will change his way,at this moment pride shouldn't come in, Ameobi,ambrose and Eyeama should for me be the ones doing the pride stuff and not Mikel,is he bcus he has won champions league n others,that doesn't count,Kanu won many and yet didn't play with pride,how about Pirlo or Xavi,this are complete midfielders,that when ever they are called,they Answer with honour and dignity to there country,and serve them well,we all saw what Pirlo did today,how he changed the game etc,Mikel doesn't seems like he wanna be in that squad,he romance the ball to much,and shading players like he is d strongest,(mean why,when he is in chelsea he doesn't do that,he [/b]play[/b] with the team and more offensive) after today match,Vincent Enyeama went to him,and give him world of advice!

Think,so one (elder) should talk to him!
i'm confused! where shall i even start correcting from? Did somebody not tell bastien that the use of pidgin language is welcm on nairaland? Dude, i'm not trying to humour u o but all i'm tryna say is: it isn't a must thing to 'communicate' in English; there's no point forcing yourself to reply to a topic in english when half of what you'd say wouldn't make any sense to most nairalanders thereby failing to communicate. Moreover, If u had taken time to read through ur post b4 submittin u sure cud've even ended up laughing at ur gross mistakes grin grin Please and please, next time dnt fail to resort to either pidgin or ur mother tongue if english seems to be giving u d red light, ok?
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by collinsJn(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2013
henrizzle: that is why we nigerians cant go far. You are after his mistake instead of the point he made. Does he look like someone that cannot spell word? We better stop this kind of nonsense cos it can't lead us anywhere.

STOP Generalizing The Word "Nigerians" Some Of Us Read His Post,Saw/Noticed The Blunders,But WE kept Mum and Moved On.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by mashin(m): 10:27am On Nov 19, 2013
The Eagles tried i give them B the short comings are 1,they did not play aggresive football lyk d italians did. 2,our defenders need to do more its seems they are just coming up & wil need more expirience to be able to hold world class attackers. Otherwise this wil cost us in world cup.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Jayses(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2013
mustaphagreens:
i'm confused! where shall i even start correcting from? Did somebody not tell bastien that the use of pidgin language is welcm on nairaland? Dude, i'm not trying to humour u o but all i'm tryna say is: it isn't a must thing to 'communicate' in English; there's no point forcing yourself to reply to a topic in english when half of what you'd say wouldn't make any sense to most nairalanders thereby failing to communicate. Moreover, If u had taken time to read through ur post b4 submittin u sure cud've even ended up laughing at ur gross mistakes grin grin Please and please, next time dnt fail to resort to either pidgin or ur mother tongue if english seems to be giving u d red light, ok?
I know your type , you want nairalanders to click like , not this time try again later besides who told u a good number of us including u did not understand what he relayed . Mtheeeeew
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by mustaphagreens(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2013

See guys I gat something to say,there Is one player in the team that need to be show the exist door if only he will change his way,at this moment pride shouldn't come in,Ameobi,ambrose and Eyeama should for me be the ones doing the pride stuff and not Mikel,is he bcus he has won champions league n others,that doesn't count,Kanu won many and yet didn't play with pride,how about Pirlo or Xavi,this are complete midfielders,that when ever they are called,they Answer with honour and dignity to there country,and serve them well,we all saw what Pirlo did today,how he changed the game etc,Mikel doesn't seems like he wanna be in that squad,he romance the ball to much,and shading players like he is d strongest,(mean why,when he is in chelsea he doesn't do that,he play with the team and more offensive) after today match,Vincent Enyeama went to him,and give him world of advice!

dude, abeg naaa take am easy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2013
Von Bismark: make una shun say the match end 2-2, super eagles no play anything make we talk true, super eagles too slow, dem no fit run, dem come dey lazy for that match, that match vex me! NA UNDER 17 SUPPOSE PLAY THAT MATCH cos na dem sabi....mtcheeew

Guy! You talk true make I no lie
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Walelavender(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2013
Some comments about lacklustre performance by d SE are simply laughable. Those guys put up a good fight against some of the best legs in the world. Who says we cant leverage on that & have a more compact team before Brazil 2014. I give them an 'A' for holding their own aganst the Azzuris.

1 Like

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by mistyebby(f): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2013
bastien: we are humans!to me he didn't seem fit,and looked pissedoff.we can't say what went wrong.let's not use a bad day frm him to coverup his dedication to the team,nobody is perfect!

See guys I gat something to say,there Is one player in the team that need to be show the exist door if only he will change his way,at this moment pride shouldn't come in,Ameobi,ambrose and Eyeama should for me be the ones doing the pride stuff and not Mikel,is he bcus he has won champions league n others,that doesn't count,Kanu won many and yet didn't play with pride,how about Pirlo or Xavi,this are complete midfielders,that when ever they are called,they Answer with honour and dignity to there country,and serve them well,we all saw what Pirlo did today,how he changed the game etc,Mikel doesn't seems like he wanna be in that squad,he romance the ball to much,and shading players like he is d strongest,(mean why,when he is in chelsea he doesn't do that,he play with the team and more offensive) after today match,Vincent Enyeama went to him,and give him world of advice!

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Giniababy: 11:14am On Nov 19, 2013
Na wa oo...9ja...wetin una dey gain 4rm football self?....if 9ja win or lose na em go make ASUU stop strike?
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by helphelp: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2013
Please go back to primary one

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 19, 2013
We should not say we tried, we flopped joor. They played us asif they were playing kids. Floppy Candreva was having a good night... Chei! Diamanti.. A reject, having a good night... All pirlo's pass was getting to its destination, for what na?

What we don't undastand about this team is dat, these players were built to beat africa teams.

You guys say they played on saturday and blah blah blah... Did shola amoebi, bridght dike, oduamandi, ogu, ogweke, benjamin, our 2, etc play on saturday? No! So what are we saying? No pace at all!

My highpoints are Amoebi, Onazi, 2keepers, Oboabona, Ogu...

My Lowpoints are Mikel, 2 and 3, ideye, musa, moses, etc.

We should learn how to play coordinated football. The goals were cheap, choi! If these guys refuse to learn, we should import iheanacho, that guy is tall and good wif his legs... We can use him as a joker.

We need fighting spirit in our team... Never say die spirit! That's the only thing that will save us in the world cup!
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 19, 2013
mustaphagreens:

The reason why some on this site wld leave the issue being dscussed and start correcting grammar is wot I dont know. The site is not only for nigerians alone and u dont kno if the person u are correctin is a native speaker of english or not. I came across a reply from this guy which was done in french trying to tell anoda guy that critisized him he is a french person. By the way is english your father's tongue? u all that critisized this must be stupid and be ashamed of yourselves. if they ask u abt your waec result only God knos if u even passed english or may be C in english and all other subjects F9. U cant even speak ur fathers language correctly for ten minutes without adding one english word. U shuld all be ashamed. IDIOTS
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by McCain1(m): 11:56am On Nov 19, 2013
B. Far better than the last match against Ethiopia.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Olurock(m): 11:57am On Nov 19, 2013
I give them B3 they really really try we were not put to shame by their performance,from what i saw yesterday this present Eagles got talent,potential which needed to be discovered and explored.the coaching crew should try and identify the reasons they conceaded early go and try to fix it.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by BigGee9949(m): 11:59am On Nov 19, 2013
nyc one for super eagles afta all d fuss made by prandelli sayin balotelli would unleash so many skills at london nd would surely finish d nigerian defence...up Eagles
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by SwitnessA(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
heskay0: Wetin una dey gain frm futball sef?
nd wetin u de gain 4rm d tramol wey u de take.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by oloriooko(m): 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
between 1 - 10; 1 being the best and ten the worst, i'll give them a 4.5
just a little above average.
you should remember that when it comes to the real deal, the adrenalin pumps faster and more, so the aggressiveness will surely surpass what we saw yesterday from the azzuris probably, our boys will raise their game too.
on the whole, our boys did very well
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by ENDTIMES: 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
The match was excellent, the best I have ever seen played anywhere in the world in the last two years.

If they call this "friendly", I wonder what the world cup will be, obviously"war". FIFA should be ready.

I am seriously tempted to give them an A, but my lecturers made me believe that they can only give an A on their death bed, so, I will reluctantly give them a robust B.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
bengreat:
I think you are being unfair given them a C because they did their best against Italy and their best was good.
C is ok. We have forward, mid-field, and defence. Much work needs to be done in our defence, we need more vigour in our attack and cohersion in our midfield.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Tubo3(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
safarigirl: A resounding B. We repped Africa today. Italy didn't come to dance skelewu, they came to win and we gave them an awesome fight that got a worldwide audience to troway salute our way. The Super Eagles proved their win at AFCON was no fluke.
Hmmmmm, i can't believe dis is coming frm a lady,,, 2 me dat game yesterday was not a frndlly match it look's like a knock out match or a semifinal match, more grace to d elbow of all d coaching crew, can't believe it was Naija dat played like dat wit our 2nd 11,,,,,,, NICE
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Cjaycjay: 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
What?
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Sant1m: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
donigspain: I'll give them a C (average). To be candid, the super eagles were just lucky to have conceded only two goals and miraculously scored two. We were literaly out-played in every section of the pitch, ermm, okay maybe not in goal keeping.
Seriously, whoever played that Right Wing Back i.e. position two (jersey no 15) should never be called to the super eagles again. He caused our 5 and 6 to over-labour. His overlap was the poorest I have seen in the history of football and his recovery, hmmm, pathetic.
One sentence to summarize our outing tonight - We were just lucky.
how could u say we are lucky, in football u either take ur chance or u rue missing them. They did not overwheminly dominate us, it was both ways. Our boys played with more belief and confidence than in the confed games even though we played just two days ago and travelled 7hrs to play them, italy will never agree to play any match just two days to the last one, infact italy and all haters should bury their head in ice for their failure. We did not begin the match with 5 of our staters yet u are telling me they dominated us, ve u ever heard anything like sterile domination, football is about taking ur chances and winning if u can. History is replete with teams that played well yey lost the match, in as much as there is need for improvement i give the team kudos and plead with keshi to employ the eaglets template of high tempo, off the ball movements, mobility, quick one two touch counter attack game. And not the ball shielding clumsy style of mikel and some other culpable players, if they employ the eaglets template with our ability of keeping the ball the semis or final is the list we can attain.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by nationwide1(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
bastien: thanks
I'm impressed. One of the very few matured minds on NL who accepts constructive criticism with appreciation. God bless you.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Montaque(m): 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
chi4ik: Super Eagle made me proud even though Keshi made another silly mistake by not Using Echiejile $ Efe. But we have to improve.
dat wasnt silly,dat was wisdom,and it proved fine.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
Diamanti a reject? Since he burst into the scene, he has been a regular and star performer for club and country.

chinziaski: We should not say we tried, we flopped joor. They played us asif they were playing kids. Floppy Candreva was having a good night... Chei! Diamanti.. A reject, having a good night... All pirlo's pass was getting to its destination, for what na?

What we don't undastand about this team is dat, these players were built to beat africa teams.

You guys say they played on saturday and blah blah blah... Did shola amoebi, bridght dike, oduamandi, ogu, ogweke, benjamin, our 2, etc play on saturday? No! So what are we saying? No pace at all!

We should learn how to play coordinated football. The goals were cheap, choi! If these guys refuse to learn, we should import iheanacho, that guy is tall and good wif his legs... We can use him as a joker.

We need fighting spirit in our team... Never say die spirit! That's the only thing that will save us in the world cup!
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Pirlo's pass stats has always been top class. From the Italian league, to the Champions league, to the Euros and World Cup. Are you saying Pirlo has been playing against low quality players?
chinziaski: We should not say we tried, we flopped joor. They played us asif they were playing kids. Floppy Candreva was having a good night... Chei! Diamanti.. A reject, having a good night... All pirlo's pass was getting to its destination, for what na?

1 Like

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Aladbaby117(f): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
a fantastic match.. end to end stuff. At one point, i culdnt believe my beloved naija was running italy and racking up possession..3 things howeve took off the shine..1. When we dont have the ball, our boys stay relaxed 2. We dont have a replacement for our 1st choice back four 3. We lacked a midfield orchestrator. For all the hype on mikel, pirlo came in and showed us what we lacked.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by somtea(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
undecidedAm I d only 1 dat thinks dis guy z confused
oloriooko: between 1 - 10; 1 being the best and ten the worst, i'll give them a 4.5
just a little above average.
you should remember that when it comes to the real deal, the adrenalin pumps faster and more, so the aggressiveness will surely surpass what we saw yesterday from the azzuris probably, our boys will raise their game too.
on the whole, our boys did very well
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
See dis e-idiot saying mikel has pride. He was simply annoyed the refree was a little negligent in his duties. As a player you would get hot headed when playing against tough opponents and you know any mistake might cost you the game. If you still live in the era of age is a requirement for maturity then your thinking mechanism is more skewered than I thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enyimba FC Throws Shade At Manchester United After UCL Ouster / Beauty Siasia: "My Kidnappers Prayed A Lot. They Serve God And Juju" / Oghenekaro Etebo Welcomes A Baby With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.