Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? (998 Views)

Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by drlaykay(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
This has got me thinking for a long time but the more I do,the more confuse I become.

We believe God knows everything(including those events that haven't occurred)
meaning:he already knows those that are hell bound.

On the contrary,God has given us free will,so we act according to our choices. he also wishes we repent each time we go astray.
meaning:he doesn't know when an individual probably will repent therefore can't tell who and who will go to hell

These two contradicting paragraphs have always brought confusion to me.I will love to get people's opinion,hence, be clarified
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by Areaboy2(m): 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
my friend, you have finally stumbled on the conundrum that is "freewill".

Omnipotence and freewill cant go together.

you cannot give freewill when you know what will happen already

1 Like

Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
yes he does. but things still have to play out anyway. he cant say because i know you will not make it, then i need to bbq you straight away. you have to actually go out and live the life. him knowing your end is not contradictory with freewill. you had the freewill to make the choices you did but it just so happens he knows these choices ahead of time.

isaiah 46 vs 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

1 Like

Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by drlaykay(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
obadiah777: yes he does. but things still have to play out anyway. he cant say because i know you will not make it, then i need to bbq you straight away. you have to actually go out and live the life. him knowing your end is not contradictory with freewill. you had the freewill to make the choices you did but it just so happens he knows these choices ahead of time.

isaiah 46 vs 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
Are u saying we are strictly acting to a ready made script?please shed more light

1 Like

Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by TheHarbinger(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Op, freewill and Gods omniscience are parallel.

God just knows the future.
And we make our choices.
They are exclusive.

Imagine time travel is possible, and you travel to the future as an observer. You know how everything will play out.
That does not stop people from making their choices in the past, or spoil people's freewill.

So we understand that God does not want people to go to hell from his very act of dieing for them and justifying them through Jesus Christ.

God does not want anyone to go to hell. The bible also says God is our judge. So that means he must give each person a chance to make the right choice.

The very fact that God is angry when relating with men show he does not enforce his omniscience when he relates with us.

I hope you're clear.

God bless.
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by drlaykay(m): 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Area_boy: my friend, you have finally stumbled on the conundrum that is "freewill".

Omnipotence and freewill cant go together.

you cannot give freewill when you know what will happen already
We are on the same page.this is my point exactly.so let's stay and learn together
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by TheHarbinger(m): 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
dr.laykay:

We are on the same page.this is my point exactly.so let's stay and learn together
as I said, omniscience and freewill are exclusive.
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
dr.laykay:

Are u saying we are strictly acting to a ready made script?please shed more light
the script is not ready made so you can act it out. the script is ready made based on how you will act. how you will act has been known by him from the start so the script is written based on how you will act and not written so you should act it out. so you still have the freewill. just so happens he knows what you will use your freewill for so he wrote the story before hand. ability to predict your future does not negate freewill
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
Yes, God knows those that will go to hell...... those that will not accept Christ and remain in Him.
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
God knows what you will do. Very simple.
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by DKJaleel: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
Obadiah777, u aint still making any sense..
Omnipotence and freewill, with respect to God are contradictory..
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by drlaykay(m): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
obadiah777: the script is not ready made so you can act it out. the script is ready made based on how you will act. how you will act has been known by him from the start so the script is written based on how you will act and not written so you should act it out. so you still have the freewill. just so happens he knows what you will use your freewill for so he wrote the story before hand. ability to predict your future does not negate freewill
Thanks for your response.but I think if He knew what I would use my free will for,then that's not free will.
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by Princewell2012(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yes, God knows those that will go to hell...... those that will not accept Christ and remain in Him.
So God knows those that will go to hell and he still go ahead and create them abi
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by drlaykay(m): 2:18am On Feb 19, 2022
ability to predict your future does not negate freewill
This is deep.. came back to this thread after 8 years before getting the perfect understanding of this. Probably because I came with a neutral mind or holy spirit guidance..
Just like you can predict what the outcome of a football match is, but the respective teams still have free will on what to do.
God bless you wherever you are. Though your account is deleted
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Feb 19, 2022
drlaykay:

This is deep.. came back to this thread after 8 years before getting the perfect understanding of this. Probably because I came with a neutral mind or holy spirit guidance..
Just like you can predict what the outcome of a football match is, but the respective teams still have free will on what to do.
God bless you wherever you are. Though your account is deleted
Do you also now see the confusion in your OP? undecided
Re: Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? by Cordenify(m): 4:54am On Feb 19, 2022
House of Joy: The Kind of Cold That Kills https://miheanyi..com/2022/02/the-kind-of-cold-that-kills.html

(1) (Reply)

Scientists Prove There Is Life After Death-picture / Pope Said Freemasonry Is Satanism / Accommodation Needed For Shiloh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.