Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,064 members, 7,832,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (11520 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
Boomark:

I wonder if shdemidemi can actually declare publicly that God is Love. That He is a God of justice. How? Who would believe him with all these things he is saying. That people who accepted Christ and later fell on the way due to weakness, will be punished by God who manipulated them.

The problem here is that most of us find it really easy to converse with God's word. We see it there but we still ask ourself if the bible really mean what it says. Meanwhile the Word of God shouldn't be conversed upon.

I never said God manipulate anyone let alone those who accept Christ .

Boomark:
@shdemidemi
"I will show mercy to whom i will show mercy." Does it belongs to you or any other person to show mercy. If God say, "i will answer the pray of whosoever i want." it belongs to Him to answer prayer. There is nobody over there that tells Him which prayers He must answer or answers prayers on His behalf. It all belongs to Him.

The bible say we know not how to pray but the Holy Spirit prays for us according to God's will

Romans 8
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[b] with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Boomark: What you stand for contradict everything in the bible.

P.s Jesus never conversed with satan to make Peter deny him. I don't know where you got that. That sounds like obadiah777's voice.
Jesus said-
"
Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat.

New Living Translation
"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat.

English Standard Version
“Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat,

New American Standard Bible
"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat;

What can you deduce from the statement Christ made?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
Bidam: You are the guy contradicting yourself. Salvation of Man's spirit is instant...salvation of the soul and body is progressive.

Since you don't agree a man has spirit,soul and body,you will keep on becoming confused with ur funny theology.

Now, I never knew that the day will come when I will agree with Bidam. On this one, I do cool.

Well written.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Now, I never knew that the day will come when I will agree with Bidam. On this one, I do cool.

Well written.

You don't quite agree with him, he believes the saved can draw back unto perdition, do you bro ? grin

You may want to ask Bidam , which part of him is eventually saved, spirit ? then what happens to the so called body or soul ?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi: All I will say about the issue of who the angel of death is is that I will stick with who the bible says it is. If the bible says it is God, I believe it is God.

The scripture says "He killeth and maketh alive". That is an absolute statement and it is sufficient.

Bro, u said u chose 2stay wit wat d OT called d angel of death (God). Dt shows a refusal to study and find out, to divide d Word d and rightly come to d place of wat d scriptures meant.
U kno bro, ds exact holdin unto OT scriptures, whn done by believers who preaches tithes, u ll definately b very loud to condemn them of holdin to certain scriptures in isolations. But now u r holdin in isolation dt d angel of death is God because u read. We can adequately conclude also dt all d evil done in OT is by God since they ascribed all actions to him as i pointed out earlier.

Bro, d truth is evil is known in d OT but d source (devil) was never ever known. We dont live or read in such glasses today. We see clearly d doer of evil (The Devil).

3 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, u said u chose 2stay wit wat d OT called d angel of death (God). Dt shows a refusal to study and find out, to divide d Word d and rightly come to d place of wat d scriptures meant.
U kno bro, ds exact holdin unto OT scriptures, whn done by believers who preaches tithes, u ll definately b very loud to condemn them of holdin to certain scriptures in isolations. But now u r holdin in isolation dt d angel of death is God because u read. We can adequately conclude also dt all d evil done in OT is by God since they ascribed all actions to him as i pointed out earlier.

Bro, d truth is evil is known in d OT but d source (devil) was never ever known. We dont live or read in such glasses today. We see clearly d doer of evil (The Devil).

In one word you say the writers knew about satan, in another word they don't. I will stick with scriptures on this, the bible won't substitute satan for God for no reason.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
Theology is what causes false doctrine when people cannot literally ask God for wisdom and just read the bible plainly like a little child.

God is not interested in endless ..isms, he wants humility and submission to his love and mercy.

All this theology is just a waste of time.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

You don't quite agree with him, he believes the saved can draw back unto perdition, do you bro ? grin

You may want to ask Bidam , which part of him is eventually saved, spirit ? then what happens to the so called body or soul ?

I know frosbel. That is why I put that part in bold.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I know frosbel. That is why I put that part in bold.

Remember we are all brothers , let us continue in this spirit.

I still have not forgotten Ibadan, one of these days wink

Blessings.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

In one word you say the writers knew about satan, in another word they don't. I will stick with scriptures on this, the bible won't substitute satan for God for no reason.

Bros, thr is no place i mentioned any writer in d OT hav 1st hand Satan knowlegde. Read thru my post again.

For d bolded. Are u saying u go wit d OT ppl to believ dt all evil done in OT is caused by God because dts thr believ. And u go also wit Prophet Amos who wrote:

Amos 3:6 ...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

Bro, i m sure u dont.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

Read 1 cor 5:4-5 and Jude 9.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bros, thr is no place i mentioned any writer in d OT hav 1st hand Satan knowlegde. Read thru my post again.

For d bolded. Are u saying u go wit d OT ppl to believ dt all evil done in OT is caused by God because dts thr believ. And u go also wit Prophet Amos who wrote:

Amos 3:6 ...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

Bro, i m sure u dont.

Did the writer of the book of Genesis and Job and the prophets have first hand knowledge of the devil?

If Amos 3:6 says it is God, then I believe it is God.

Who destroyed sodom and Gomorrah, devil?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Boomark(m): 5:00am On Nov 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

The problem here is that most of us find it really easy to converse with God's word. We see it there but we still ask ourself if the bible really mean what it says. Meanwhile the Word of God shouldn't be conversed upon.

I never said God manipulate anyone let alone those who accept Christ.

The word of God is as it is, not the converse. Where do you stand? Since it is not God manipulate people. I need to know.

The bible say we know not how to pray but the Holy Spirit prays for us according to God's will

This did not change anything. After the prayers, who then does it belong to, to answer it whenever He want to? He will also show mercy to whoever pleases Him.

Jesus said-
"
Luke 22:31
What can you deduce from the statement Christ made?

Jesus did not converse with satan, satan asked God but Jesus prayed for it not to happen. This is not different from what happened during the time of Job.

Haven't you heard about the accusers of the brethren who was cast out of heaven? Rev 12:9-10, Job 1:9, Zec 3:1. Ask yourself, why is he accusing them before God?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 6:59am On Nov 27, 2013
Boomark:
Jesus did not converse with satan, satan asked God but Jesus prayed for it not to happen. This is not different from what happened during the time of Job.

Haven't you heard about the accusers of the brethren who was cast out of heaven? Rev 12:9-10, Job 1:9, Zec 3:1. Ask yourself, why is he accusing them before God?

The joke is on the devil, he is the greatest fool. God uses the devil to pan out all he had foretold from the beginning. We have the beginning in Genesis, we have the end in Revelation. The devil cannot distort it, he wld only play his part to fulfil all God had foretold.

Common bookmark, it is clearly written thr..

New International Version
But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

New Living Translation
But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So [b]when you have repented and turned to me agai[/b]n, strengthen your brothers."

English Standard Version
but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.”

King James Bible
But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.""

International Standard Version
but I have prayed for you that your own faith may not fail. When you have come back, you must strengthen your brothers."

We saw how Peter fell flat on his face, but Christ is saying when you are converted, strengthen others around you...Satan would always need the counsel of Heaven before he comes to you.

The master was leaving, Peter was more of the next to continue from where the master stopped. He had to be prepared for future use. If Peter had to be prepared for future use, then the test would be necessary.

It therefore means Jesus needed a Judas to betray him for the intended future purposes (the reason why He came into planet earth). Peter also needed someone to help him mature and learn, the only one that could be used for the process was the devil.

If you don't want a test today or you constantly pray against it(no adversity/adversary), you are more or less praying against growth in all ramifications.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Boomark(m): 7:30am On Nov 27, 2013
frosbel:

SMH!!! For Bid...
His spirit which was save instantly will go to heaven while the soul which could not make it will be in purgatory and the body will be in hell.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ayoku777(m): 9:22am On Nov 27, 2013
Boomark:

SMH!!! For Bid...
His spirit which was save instantly will go to heaven while the soul which could not make it will be in purgatory and the body will be in hell.

Its not a ridiculous point of view. Scripture actually shows that it is possible for God to judge and even destroy the body because of sin, and yet the spirit is saved.

1Cor 5v5 -to deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit MAY BE SAVED in the day of the Lord Jesus.

And this was an unrepentant fornicator in the corinthian church. Question is how can the spirit of an unrepentant fornicator be saved on the Lord's day? The answer is in the next chapter of the book.

1Cor 6v18 -Flee fornication. EVERY SIN that a man doeth is without THE BODY but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his OWN BODY.

So EVERY SIN a christian commits is either WITHOUT or AGAINST his BODY; NOT his spirit. So it is scripturally true and possible to have sin in your body and your spirit is still righeous and justified.

Romans 8v10 -But if Christ is in you, although your bodies are dead because of SIN, your spirits are alive because of RIGHTEOUSNESS (RSV)

Romans 8v10 But if Christ lives in you, [then although] your [natural] body is dead by reason of sin and guilt,the spirit is alive because of [the] righteousness [that He imputes to you]. (AMP)

So its scriptural that sin in the body of a believer does not neutralize or revoke the imputed righteousness in his spirit.

Personally, I believe there is only one sin that can revoke imputed righteouness; and that is the sin of not believing in the death and resurrection of Christ. That is the sin against the Spirit (Matt 12v31) and the sin unto (spiritual) death (1John 5v16). Righteousness is by faith and unrighteousness is by unbelief.

If a believer has not committed that sin, his spirit is still justified and righteous. Every other sin makes a believer a carnal christian, but unbelief makes one an antichrist (1John 2v22). Every other sin attracts rebuke, chastisment, judgment and even destruction, but unbelief is the only sin that results in condemnation and spiritual death.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 9:40am On Nov 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

Did the writer of the book of Genesis and Job and the prophets have first hand knowledge of the devil?

If Amos 3:6 says it is God, then I believe it is God.

Who destroyed sodom and Gomorrah, devil?

We both know dt d writer of Genesis (if human) wasnt present physically at Eden whn God created all, he wouldnt hav been present too whn satn decieved Eve & Adam sinned. Dts leaves us wit d questn of how did he know d event. Ds only cut out to b same as i ve said earlier (thru inspired vision/revelation). And sinc d satan was symbolic in his writings, he wouldnt hav had 1st hand knowlegde of satan else he would hav mentioned it. In visions/revelations/prophecies symbols are usually present as representation of d reality as seen also in d Book of Revelations. If u call d writer of Genesis today, he wont tell u he saw satan, he will say Serpent.

On Sodom and Gomorrah, u do proper study on why d wicked are judged then u will kno who did dt. Until we understand clearly dt d major influence to all evil ever is d hardness of man's heart (disobedient, rebellion which is by choice), the result of d Fall, and d act of d Devil we will never understand most dt happened in OT.

If u go wit Amos dt God is a destroyer, i wont argue further on dt but just align it wit wat Jesus said dt d thief(God) comes to steal, kill and destroy. I hop u can say dt.

I will lik to point ds out to u "Its undisputable dt God did inspired d writings of d scriptures but kno ds also dt though He did, He didnt insipire all d words said in d scriptures. eg God didnt inspire d devil's words. Dt gives a pointer dt some writings though inspired 4 our learnings, d speakers can definately b inspired by flesh, emotions and senses. Dt call 4 a proper study on d OT especially on d Prophets since they could only prophesy rightly whn d Spirit came on them and d Spirit wasnt permanent wit them. U kno it was also written in Isa 64:4

For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

And Paul repeated in (1Cor 2:9) dt in d light of who we are dt wat to see, to hear and to percieved hav been revealed unto us. Dt means thr are so many they (Prophets and d Law) couldnt know. GOD'S WORDS AND ACTS IN D SCRIPTURES ARE IN PROGRESSIVE REVELATIONS. Thr were many things those ppl, d devil, d world didnt kno until Jesus.

We ought to study hard for approval, acknowledgement of d scriptures and dt wont come on d surface but d depth.

Bros, i will lik to rest ds discussion here but will advice u engage urself more in study of d scriptures to better unveil who d doer of evil is.
I hav got so many scriptures to debunk d interpretations of God preplanned alltins including evil, but i kno dt wont change anytin here. My heart desire is dt we all wit open face can behold clearly all dt were hidden from them for us dt we may kno God, d Only tru God as we ought, walking in His light as He is d Light.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2013
ajayikayod:

We both know dt d writer of Genesis (if human) wasnt present physically at Eden whn God created all, he wouldnt hav been present too whn satn decieved Eve & Adam sinned. Dts leaves us wit d questn of how did he know d event. Ds only cut out to b same as i ve said earlier (thru inspired vision/revelation). And sinc d satan was symbolic in his writings, he wouldnt hav had 1st hand knowlegde of satan else he would hav mentioned it. In visions/revelations/prophecies symbols are usually present as representation of d reality as seen also in d Book of Revelations. If u call d writer of Genesis today, he wont tell u he saw satan, he will say Serpent.

On Sodom and Gomorrah, u do proper study on why d wicked are judged then u will kno who did dt. Until we understand clearly dt d major influence to all evil ever is d hardness of man's heart (disobedient, rebellion which is by choice), the result of d Fall, and d act of d Devil we will never understand most dt happened in OT.

If u go wit Amos dt God is a destroyer, i wont argue further on dt but just align it wit wat Jesus said dt d thief(God) comes to steal, kill and destroy. I hop u can say dt.

I will lik to point ds out to u "Its undisputable dt God did inspired d writings of d scriptures but kno ds also dt though He did, He didnt insipire all d words said in d scriptures. eg God didnt inspire d devil's words. Dt gives a pointer dt some writings though inspired 4 our learnings, d speakers can definately b inspired by flesh, emotions and senses. Dt call 4 a proper study on d OT especially on d Prophets since they could only prophesy rightly whn d Spirit came on them and d Spirit wasnt permanent wit them. U kno it was also written in Isa 64:4

For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

And Paul repeated in (1Cor 2:9) dt in d light of who we are dt wat to see, to hear and to percieved hav been revealed unto us. Dt means thr are so many they (Prophets and d Law) couldnt know. GOD'S WORDS AND ACTS IN D SCRIPTURES ARE IN PROGRESSIVE REVELATIONS. Thr were many things those ppl, d devil, d world didnt kno until Jesus.

We ought to study hard for approval, acknowledgement of d scriptures and dt wont come on d surface but d depth.

Bros, i will lik to rest ds discussion here but will advice u engage urself more in study of d scriptures to better unveil who d doer of evil is.
I hav got so many scriptures to debunk d interpretations of God preplanned alltins including evil, but i kno dt wont change anytin here. My heart desire is dt we all wit open face can behold clearly all dt were hidden from them for us dt we may kno God, d Only tru God as we ought, walking in His light as He is d Light.

I believe God was more autocratic in the old, a character that the son did not exhibit in fullness. God's wrath was so evident in the old like it will be on the day when the world/enemies of God shall be judged. God also promised Abraham how He would bless those who bless him and curse those who.....

In your mind, God can't curse, can't destroy/kill whoever He has not chosen.

Ok, let's leave it here. I will take what the scripture says over yours believing it is inerrant.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe God was more autocratic in the old, a character that the son did not exhibit in fullness. God's wrath was so evident in the old like it will be on the day when the world/enemies of God shall be judged.

Ok, let's leave it here. I will take what the scripture says believing it is inerrant.

God never changes.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:18am On Nov 27, 2013
frosbel:

God never changes.

Who said He did?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
Bidam: Salvation of Man's spirit is instant...salvation of the soul and body is progressive.
This in a way explains the distinction of how Jesus stated how people are born again and whether we will see or enter the kingdom of God.

If we go back to creation, it seems our souls were created first (at that time there was no life, knowledge or will as God was yet to activate us). God formed man's body around the soul which is the house of our earthly being and breathed in his spirit which made us living souls. The spirit is the life. The soul and spirit are the consciousness, with the body it is the reality. Genesis 2:7. That's why it was not recorded that God breathed into animals for they have no spirit in that sense...more like body and soul. Matthew 10:28.
Please correct me if I got the order wrong.
So at death, in essence the spirit returns to God who gave it Eccl. 12:7; Job 27:3, Job 33:4; the body returns to the dust and the soul (the whole knowledge, will, understanding) is judged...this is after receiving the new spiritual body and life for those who have eternal life. This seems very symbolic of Ezekiel 37:1-14 where God said he will open the graves and put his spirit into the dry bones and they will live.
This seems to mean at the resurrection of the dead, the spirit will return to man's soul for the final judgement and anyone whose name is not found, all those who call Lord Lord but do not do God's will, will be judged. What will a man give for his soul, what will it profit a man to lose his soul?
Hmmmmn, more study is needed.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
Alwaystrue:
This in a way explains the distinction of how Jesus stated how people are born again and whether we will see or enter the kingdom of God.

If we go back to creation, it seems our souls were created first (at that time there was no life, knowledge or will as God was yet to activate us). God formed man's body around the soul which is the house of our earthly being and breathed in his spirit which made us living souls. The spirit is the life. The soul and spirit are the consciousness, with the body it is the reality. Genesis 2:7. That's why God does not breathe into animals for they have no spirit in that sense...more like body and soul. Matthew 10:28.
Please correct me if I got the order wrong.
So at death, in essence the spirit returns to God who gave it Eccl. 12:7; Job 27:3, Job 33:4; the body returns to the dust and the soul (the whole knowledge, will, understanding) is judged...this is after receiving the new spiritual body and life for those who have eternal life. This seems very symbolic of Ezekiel 37:1-14 where God said he will open the graves and put his spirit into the dry bones and they will live again.
This seems to mean at the resurrection of the dead, the spirit will return to man's soul for the final judgement and anyone whose name is not found, all those who call Lord Lord but do not do God's will, will be judged. What will a man give for his soul, what will it profit a man to lose his soul?
Hmmmmn, more study is needed.

I will rather we go back to Genesis.

Man was made in the following sequence :

1. Body from dust
2. Gods breath ( also called 'spirit' )
3. living Soul

No.3 is what MAN is as a whole being and this can be verified all over scripture. MAN when alive is a SOUL , when he dies he is a BODY.

MAN has to be saved wholly or damned wholly.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
frosbel:

I will rather we go back to Genesis.

Man was made in the following sequence :

1. Body from dust
2. Gods breath ( also called 'spirit' )
3. living Soul

No.3 is what MAN is as a whole being and this can be verified all over scripture. MAN when alive is a SOUL , when he dies he is a BODY.

MAN has to be saved wholly or damned wholly.

I have no issue with the judgement for in the ressurection unto life or unto damnation, we will have spiritual bodies....I see it as spirit in the soul.
John 5:29
I am trying to relate what Bidam said to Genesis.

What part of man did God create in Genesis 1:27?
What part of man did he create in Genesis 2:7?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ayoku777(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
@Alwaystrue

As you said much study is still needed. Personally I believe man is a spirit, just as Jesus said God is a spirit.

In Gen 1v27 -So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; MALE and FEMALE created he them.

Then in Gen 2v7 -And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.

Then Gen 2v22 -And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Now follow this sequence closely. God in chapter 1 made man and woman in His image. Then in chapter 2, he made man and breathed into his nostrils. Then after He took Adam around the garden, gave him instructions about the tree, and Adam named all the animals, God now put him to sleep and made Eve.

Question now is where was the woman that was made in chapter one, when God gave Adam instructions about the tree and told him to name the animals

This is what I believe. The man and the woman created in chapter were the spirit man and woman, then God in chapter 2, made a body for only the man and gave him a soul and put the spirit man in that body. Then much later God made a body for the spirit woman from the rib of man.

So I believe man is a spirit, our soul is what gives our body mortal consciousness (will, emotion and desires); but the real us that is in the image of God is our spirit man. Man was first a spirit in chapter 1, before he had a body and soul in chapter 2.

The egdes are still sketchy but I know you will be open-minded.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
ayoku777: @Alwaystrue

As you said much study is still needed. Personally I believe man is a spirit, just as Jesus said God is a spirit.

In Gen 1v27 -So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Then in Gen 2v7 -And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.

Then Gen 2v22 -And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Now follow this sequence closely. God in chapter 1 made man and woman in His image. Then in chapter 2, he made man and breathed into his nostrils. Then after He took Adam around the garden, and Adam named all the animals, God now put him to sleep and made Eve.

Question now is where was the woman that was made in chapter one, when God gave Adam instructions about the tree and told him to name the animals

The egdes are still sketchy but I know you will be open-minded.

So this is your sequence of events :

1. God made man in his image ( whatever that means in this context )
2. Then he made a body from dust
3. he breathed a spirit into MAN
4. Man became a living SOUL.

Can you correlate these 4 points into a logical model for our review.

This is what I believe. The man and the woman created in chapter were the spirit man and woman, then God in chapter 2, made a body for only the man and gave him a soul and put the spirit man in that body. Then much later God made a body for the spirit woman.

So man is a spirit, our soul is what gives our body mortal consciousness; but the real us that is in the image of God is our spirit man. Man was first a spirit in chapter 1, before he had a body and soul in chapter 2.

Sorry , this is the height of presumption and scripture twisting, the bible nowhere and in no way supports this erroneous claim.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
@Ayoku777,
Thanks for this. It is to air my view and see what others have in mind. I know man is spirit. I am just looking and the scriptures and praying for more insight.
In Genesis 1:27, God created man in His image and do you remember he spoke to man? He told him to have dominion, to multiply and told him what to use as food. What part of man was God speaking to?

God also spoke to the animals to animals to be fruitful in that state. We know that it is the soul that has capacity to handle such instructions and it is where the knowledge, will and intellect resides.

Afterwards, God formed....note the word formed man and animals depicting he gave them physical bodies. But it was only man, the bible bares record, that he breathed into which is seems as the spirit and life. Other scriptures I posted in Job and Eclesaistis show the Spirit is seen as the life. It was when God breathed in man he became a LIVING soul, was the soul dead before? Where was the soul?
Eve was made from complete man...
This is just a study based on my findings and nothing more for now. That is why I pasted it to hear @Bidam's view.

Thanks again.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
frosbel:

Remember we are all brothers , let us continue in this spirit.

I still have not forgotten Ibadan, one of these days wink

Blessings.

I am looking forward to it wink.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Ayoku777,
Thanks for this. it is to air my view and see what others have in mind. I know man is spirit. I am just looking and the scriptures and praying for more insight.

but how can man be a spirit , when the bible says man is flesh and God is spirit ?

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Why did God not say the God of all spirits in the above verse ?

Na wah ooo grin
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
frosbel:

but how can man be a spirit , when the bible says man is flesh and God is spirit ?

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Why did God not say the God of all spirits in the above verse ?

Na wah ooo grin

And it is of that spirit that God breathed into man that made him LIVING. Was man just a soul before the breadth since the breadth made him to live as Ezekiel 37:10;14 shows. That is why scripture says at death, the breath depicting the spirit returns to God...as @Ayoku said, it may be sketchy but we will get there.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ayoku777(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Ayoku777,
Thanks for this. It is to air my view and see what others have in mind. I know man is spirit. I am just looking and the scriptures and praying for more insight.
In Genesis 1:27, God created man in His image and do you remember he spoke to man? He told him to have dominion, to multiply and told him what to use as food. God also spoke to the animals to animals to be fruitful in that state. We know thst it is the soul that has capacity to handle such instructions and where the knowledge, will and intellect resides.

Afterwards, God formed....note the word formed man and animals depicting he gave them physical bodies. But it was only man, the bible bares record, that he breathed into which is seems as the spirit and life. Other scriptures I posted in Job and Eclesaistis show the Spirit is seen as the life. It was when God breathed in man he became a LIVING soul, was the soul dead before? Where was the soul?
Eve was made from complete man...
This is just a study based on my findings and nothing more for now. That is why I pasted it to hear @Bidam's view.

Thanks again.

First leme define the hebrew word for soul. Its the word NEPHESH, which means breath or to pant. It is the part that controls cravings. And it is in the blood. When the bible said in Lev, that the life of the flesh is in the blood, the word life there is the hebrew soul.

The soul is what gives the body the ability to pant and have mortal consciousness. I believe the spirit man was already alive and conscious for God to have communicated with him in chapter 1. But for him to fulfil his mandate, he needed a body that in turn needed a soul. He needed a a body with a soul to do what God told him to do in chapter 1.

What I'm just trying to say is that MAN IS A SPIRIT not a soul. Man is a spirit with a soul, not a soul with a spirit. The soul is the breath, not the spirit. The Spirit was created way back in chapter one.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
Alwaystrue:

And it is of that spirit that God breathed into man that made him LIVING. Was man just a soul before the breadth since the breadth made him to live as Ezekiel 37:10;14 shows. That is why scripture says at death, the breath depicting the spirit returns to God...as @Ayoku said, it may be sketchy but we will get there.

but spirit here does not signify a personal force, it is simply the life or breath of God ( consciouness for want of a better word ) which returns to him after mans death.

For example ;

Psalm 104:29 NAS
New American Standard
You hide Your face, they are dismayed ; You take away their spirit, they expire And return to their dust.

or

"and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it." - Ecclesiastes 12:7

Note : All spirits return to God , both of the wicked and the good, it is simply the life that God originally put in man.

To add : MAN becomes a body or back to dust when the life of GOD returns back to him , when the spirit enters back into MAN he becomes a living SOUL.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 2:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
We may all be saying the same thing but differently:

@Ayoku777, the bible shows the spirit as the breadth o not the soul. Did you read the scriptures I posted especially Ezekiel 37:10,14; the Job and the Ecclesiatis @frosbel posted above? I do not have any conclusion yet (I just picked this out) but Genesis 1:27 stands out for me. God created man and spoke to him...it is that part of man created that is to be clarified and why the bible is so concerned about the soul. Man became a Living soul when breathed....note LIVING not soul.

@frosbel, we are saying the same thing in a way. All breathe returns to God at death. Is it this same breathe (spirit) injected for the resurrection of all for judgement either to life or to damnation? Does it mean the spirit will still be tied to the soul that will be judged...for all will have a spiritual body? That was what I was trying to bring out.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ayoku777(m): 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
Alwaystrue: We may all be saying the same thing but differently:

@Ayoku777, the bible shows the spirit as the breadth o not the soul. Did you read the scriptures I posted especially Ezekiel 37:10,14; the Job and the Ecclesiatis @frosbel posted above? I do not have any conclusion yet (I just picked this out) but Genesis 1:27 stands out for me. God created man and spoke to him...it is that part of man created that is to be clarified and why the bible is so concerned about the soul. Man became a Living soul when breathed....note LIVING not soul.

@frosbel, we are saying the same thing in a way. All breathe returns to God at death. Is it this same breathe (spirit) injected for the resurrection of all for judgement either to life or to damnation? Does it mean the spirit will still be tied to the soul that will be judged...for all will have a spiritual body? That was what I was trying to bring out.

But if the spirit is the breath, then animals have spirits too? Coz they have breath

And then which part will go to hell. Coz that is frosbel's seeming error, that all spirits return to God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Your Favourite Preacher And Why / Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) / Church History Outline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.