Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Fighting Back! - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78911 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:51am On Dec 31, 2013
Hkana: Queen xtar(hester) smiley nice story U got here. More ink to ur pen
Appreciated dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
She stood, legs slightly apart waiting for them.

Silence prevailed.

The door opened after a couple of minutes and as soon as he stepped in, he slipped losing complete control Since it was unexpected and there was nothing to cling to for support.

As he came to a confused halt, she registered a kick to his forehead and he was put out of his confusion once and for all.

Hester quickly picked his gun.

The other entered and before he could fathom what had happened, he slipped with such a force that propelled his companion forward.

'Shit! ' He exclaimed in disgust and a scowl.

'Stand. ' She pointed the gun to him.

He struggled to his feet, walked slowly and carefully to the nearest wall to support himself.

She swing the cord she was holding towards his direction.

He groaned in pain as it landed on his back.

She continued until he was wailing, pleading and bent over writhing in pain.

'Could someone please help me inform their companion out there that they need help.

Amazed by her actions, one of male attendant volunteered. He went through the back exit. She watched from the window.

He came in and slipped, but because of the previous falls, it wasn't as slippery as before. His grip on his gun was still on the gun as his buttocks his the ground.

Hester sent the cord to his palm in quick succession.

He let go of the gun as swing both hands trying to get rid of the pains that now possess them.

He stood and she sent him back to the floor by pulling the towards the direction of his left leg. He fell on his back.

She began giving instructions. 'Take the unconscious guy to their car. Yes please both of you can help.'
'You help him up, can't you see your companion need urgent medical attention. '

+++++

Re: Fighting Back! by Flakkydagirl: 12:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
Good work,keep it up
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2013
Flakkydagirl: Good work,keep it up
Re: Fighting Back! by afangide(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
Wow!....Queen, imagining the scene makes me wanna read more, keep it coming. Am beginning to comprehend the whole thing
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
afangide: Wow!....Queen, imagining the scene makes me wanna read more, keep it coming. Am beginning to comprehend the whole thing
I'm glad dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by kennybelle: 10:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
Oh, i‘ve missed a lot, bt finally caught up. Ur updates re always worth waitin for, thanks miss.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:31am On Jan 01, 2014
kennybelle: Oh, i‘ve missed a lot, bt finally caught up. Ur updates re always worth waitin for, thanks miss.
Thank you.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:32am On Jan 01, 2014
With great joy and no iota of doubt, I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Wish you the very best in 2014. May everyday be a blessing to you.
Re: Fighting Back! by vanagon: 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
Queen xstar: With great joy and no iota of doubt, I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Wish you the very best in 2014. May everyday be a blessing to you.
Amen.

Coming frm d church
Still fill wt d new year blessing
Madam queenxtar&faithfully follower's
live each day of d year 2014.in joy&happiness.
Speaking frm my church mind.koooo.
I remain loyal to u,mam.
Kip d update coming.
Still we read,while u write.
Ur highness.
Cheer's
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR QUEEN XSTER AND THE FIGHTING BACK FAMILY. Year 2014 is gonna be our year of success, blessing, favour, happiness, Joy and many more in the name of God. Amen!!!
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2014
D9ty7: HAPPY NEW YEAR QUEEN XSTER AND THE FIGHTING BACK FAMILY. Year 2014 is gonna be our year of success, blessing, favour, happiness, Joy and many more in the name of God. Amen!!!
Thanks Publicist.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
'What is happening here? Where is Hester? ' Ethel glanced around at their faces.

'Sir …sir, she is not around. ' Kalu replied.

'Not around. ' He said and a frown creeped and overshadowed his countenance. 'Where is she? ' His voice was calm.

'Emmm … sir, she …she …' Precious began unsuccessfully.

'What the in the world is going on here? Dominic, Wale, talk to me, what's happening! ' He demanded losing his cool. He turned to his personal assistants.

They all got to their feet and they panicked.

'Sir she left by 10 am in her car, she told me she was going to shop and make her hair.' Dominic explained and lowered his eyes.

'Ten am! ' Ethel screamed, just to be sure.' He looked at his wristwatch. 'Jesus Christ! ' He exclaimed. 'How come none of you called me to inform me! '

'Sir …Sir, you were in an important conference.' Wale stammered.

'I don't need you to remind me because I've not forgotten already!' He snapped. 'What is wrong with you Wale? What happened to you thinking out of the box! I left this house by 7am, did I spend the entire time in conference, couldn't you have send me a text message. '

'I'm very sorry sir.'

'Wale and Dominic, saying am disappointed is a lifetime understatement! Both of you are aware the effort that was put in to rescue her. You are aware of what she went through in the course of her escape. You all saw the breakdown her health experienced. What if other commitments had come up and I had to lodge outside ehen? No one would have bothered to tell me. You all would have sought solace on a rocking chair. '

'Not so sir, we would …'

'Keep quiet Dominic, what more time are you waiting for!' Ethel interrupted sharply. ' six hours fifteen minutes is gone. Did she spend all those hours shopping and making her hair? He paused momentarily as if waiting for an answer

None of them could meet his gaze, they knew there boss was hardly angered and when he was does, it was usually for a good cause.

'I expected better of you all, I trained each and everyone of you not to take chances. I am disappointed and we will have this conversation again later in a different way.' He heaved and loosed his tie.' Everyone get down to your various system and …' It dawned on him. 'Chime? ' He called.

'Yes sir. '

'Did you attach the tracker I gave you for her car? '

Their breath hung.

'Emmm …Yes sir.' He replied and exhaled knowing he would have been the first recipient of his boss anger.

'Get down everyone, let's find her car. Stop looking at me as if I'm suddenly growing braids, we haven't got time! '

'Is somebody looking for me? '

……
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2014

They all turned towards the direction of the voice, and there she was at the door all of a sudden with a charming smile.

Despite the rebuke they just received, they were thrilled to see her.

Unknown to him, he let out a sigh of relief. He could have embraced her.

Hester took in the room before walking in. 'Hi everybody. '

'Our lady. ' They chorused acknowledging her.

'Hi boss.' She flashed him a smile.

'Hi Miss Actor. ' He returned teasing her likewise.

'I have something to tell later but for now, can i check out somethings about Oladimeji via this control room?' She stood in front of him with her head tilted to a side with one of her best smiles.

He nodded his approval and she expressed her gratitude and sat.

'Who will assist me? '

'I will.' Dominic offered.

'You look stunning. ' Ethel acknowledged before heading to the fridge.

'Thanks.' Hester beamed.

She called the codes and they set to work, what appeared on Dominic's screen was projected.

'Symbols, that are difficult decode.' Dominic commented after a number of unsuccessful effort.

'Seems Oladimeji delight in using technical symbols. I marvel at his techniques. ' Wale added.

'Osaz will always say that the only good thing Ola did with his life and his father wealth is to be a guru in system engineering. ' Ethel was seated on his seat , he looked away from the projected and drank from the bottle of water.

Hester nodded slowly as his statement clarified some of the things she had noticed in Oladimeji's in the course of her escape.

'I suppose those are high profile security symbols. ' Hester said.

'Yes Hess.' Ethel wheeled his chair close and stretched his hand to do some typing on Dominic's keyboard. ' That represent a warehouse. ' He announced after about 30 seconds .

Hester looked at the projected screen and dual symbols in a scrutinizing manner .

'This other ones appears to be a nut case.' Ethel said after few seconds.

They nodded their agreement.

'Kalu get me my laptop. ' Ethel instructed.

'Kalu wait …' She stopped him when he was at the door. 'Those three symbols at the right represent firearms and ammunition. Dominic please excuse me.' She wanted to confirm.

He stood and they exchanged seats. Soon a different display on symbols was on the screen. When it was zoomed, half of the guys in the room exclaimed. Blinking was - High profile weapons.

Ethel raised his brows taken aback.

'What in the world do Oladimeji need all those for? ' She pondered aloud.

'The election. ' Ethel was calm but conveyed his sadness.

'The election? I don't understand. ' She gave him her full attention.

'I don't think I will be far from the truth to say that Oladimeji intend to become the next president of Nigeria by peace or war.'

'That is true boss. ' Precious agreed.

'Heaven forbids that he becomes a president. ' Dominic said with a frown.

'Are you saying that for my sake? ' Ethel inquired.

Dominic shook his head with a bitter smile. 'if that happens, I will opt for Any other country in Africa, in fact, I will readily choose Iraq because in no time at all, Nigeria may become a branch of Hellfire. '

Hester shivered slightly despite the sweatshirt she had on.

Since somewhere in their various minds, they knew his statement was far beyond any form of joke, they displayed no sign of amusement.

'Is Dimeji that loaded to afford those weapons? ' She was brainstormed.

'I am aware he owns a couple of business. ' Wale said.

'His finance and aid from his father can't afford him such luxury. Do you realize what it takes to ship those from wherever to Nigeria. ' Ethel was thoughtful.

'I think he is into illegal business. ' Kalu expressed.

'I think so too.' Chime seconded.

'There is only way to find out, our lady help us with the last two symbols. ' Wale implored.

Ethel stood and rubbed his forehead. 'There is no need for that. ' He frowned. 'I know what that represents, Demeji is into drug trafficking. '

'What! ' Hester gasped.

'Yes. I'm going to find out all there is to know. ' He head out to the balcony with a new resolution.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
Please drop your 2kobo after reading. Thank you.
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
Me i am loving this story die.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
What do you think will happen?
What do Hester will do?
Ethel resolution?
Dimeji's next move?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Where is Winnie, D. Ella, Anthony, King Philip, all previous commentators ..., I wish I could list all the names . Hope you guys are okay or is it school?
Re: Fighting Back! by Hameenat94(f): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2014
My dear na sch partly oh nd cough de wori me seriously
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Hameenat94: My dear na sch partly oh nd cough de wori me seriously
That can be attributed to the weather. Clothe yourself properly and avoid chilled fluids.
Hope you're on medication.
Get well soon darling.
You didn't drop your 2kobo ma'am
Re: Fighting Back! by Hameenat94(f): 9:44am On Jan 03, 2014
Queen xstar: That can be attributed to the weather. Clothe yourself properly and avoid chilled fluids.
Hope you're on medication.
Get well soon darling.
You didn't drop your 2kobo ma'am
i tot as much cos 4 ola 2 hav such sophisticated weapons he must b involved in drug traffickin or weapons smuggling. It seems Hester z scared. Dimeji z gonna track Hester nd dats wia he wil meet his doom. Ethel gat 2 b fast wit watever he wnts 2 do
Re: Fighting Back! by pinetulips(m): 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
Queen xstar: Please drop your 2kobo after reading. Thank you.

I CAN CATEGORICALLY SAY UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THE HOLYSPIRIT THAT THIS STORY OF URS IS MAKING IT TO HOLYWOOD, NOLLYWOOD ND BOLIWOOD. IT WILL BE CHURNED OUT IN SERIES. LOVING UR WORK DAILY SISTER, KEEP IT UP. MOPRE GRACE TO U.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
pinetulips:

I CAN CATEGORICALLY SAY UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THE HOLYSPIRIT THAT THIS STORY OF URS IS MAKING IT TO HOLYWOOD, NOLLYWOOD ND BOLIWOOD. IT WILL BE CHURNED OUT IN SERIES. LOVING UR WORK DAILY SISTER, KEEP IT UP. MOPRE GRACE TO U.
Amen. Thank you darling.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hameenat94:
i tot as much cos 4 ola 2 hav such sophisticated weapons he must b involved in drug traffickin or weapons smuggling. It seems Hester z scared. Dimeji z gonna track Hester nd dats wia he wil meet his doom. Ethel gat 2 b fast wit watever he wnts 2 do
I like you jare, your 2kobo is shiny.
Re: Fighting Back! by uchebest2006(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Story nka bu ya.Good update!!!!
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2014

'That is serious Hester. '

'That has to stop. I can't continue to belly Dimeji and his excesses. I am going to sue him. '

'You said what?' He braced up his ears so he could hear her well.

'I will sue Oladimeji. ' She repeated with a serious expression.

Ethel burst into laughter.

'What …what is amusing you? ' She was taken aback.

'You …you don't understand. ' He went down from the sofa to the floor still laughing.

Now, she was confused. 'Ethel, is something wrong, are you all right? ' She frowned worried.

Her statement seemed like a fuel to propel his laughter. He laughed hard and long.

She stood upset. 'Fine! You can laugh all you want since an now an object of amusement. ' She turned to leave.

He grabbed her hand. 'Hester please …' He burst into another bout of laughter.

'You don't have to plea. It's a free world, you can laugh all you want. Leave me alone. ' She tried to remove his hand but his grip became tighter.

'Dearie I'm sorry, I really am.' He stopped laughing and cleared his voice.

'Can you leave my hand now? '

'If I do you will walk away. 'He stood.

'Yes I will, I need to take a nap.'

'Oh my darling is angry with me! '

'It is not a crime to laugh. You will offend me if you don't leave my hand now.'

He let her go. 'I shouldn't have laughed, it is just because i couldn't help it. Please forgive me and sit, please …'

She forgave him and sat.

'Thank you.' Ethel beamed and sat beside her. 'Shey you bi yankee babe? '

'Ethelbert please …' She rolled her eyes.

'You bi Yankee babe.' He was affirmative.

She smiled. 'I believe you're not saying that as a joke, hit the nail on its head.'

'You've a great psychological instinct. '

'You're a psychologist. '

'Wait up girlfriend, tell me something I don't know. '

'Studied it online and have a certificate to that effect. '

'Did you...?'

'Let's finish one first. ' She interrupted calmly.

'You're a Yankee babe because you want to use oyibo method here. Suing Dimeji won't work.'

She exhaled before sitting back understanding him.

'Come on Hess, you can't blank out that way. '

'What is your advice to me? '

'If you can't beat them, join them.'

'I can't join him, the option left is to beat him. Oh my …' She muttered.

He watched her.

'I will like a quite moment to myself. '

'Should I excuse you? '

'No, watch the soap opera, you will narrate it later.' She stood and head for the stairs. 'Thank you Ethel.'

He nodded and his eyes didn't leave her until she was out of sight.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
uchebest2006: Story nka bu ya.Good update!!!!
[s][/s] cheesy Thank you dearie.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
"[i][/i]... fear bring about doubt, lost of self, but standing tall to it brings faith, boost your energy and gives you victory. "

The voice of the great friend she had made within few months came back to her.

"Stand up for what you believe in …fight for what belong to you and never try to relegate your Creator to the background. "

The voice of her best friend father seconded.

'... stand up to this occasion. "

The voice of her best uncle followed.

"Sweetheart, there somethings I cherish and respect about you, you are generous with your patience but you freak me out anytime you rise to an situation. '

Next was her best friend voice.

Hester blinked severally into reality. Her photo album was opened on her lap. She flipped it opened and a photograph of her Japanese defense instructor came to view. She had being his best student during her time. She stared at it until she drifted away once more.

"Hester, from what I saw on your registration form into this institution, you wanted to gather this knowledge since it is your leisure time. The attitude and spirit you put during your training process surpass mere leisure. You gave it your best, you made friends with your superiors and learnt, you took correction with no display of rebellion, you focused. I hardly get close to my students but you broke that rule. Eventually you're through, you still extend funds, assist students and watch training classes. Going to back to your country will leave a hollow in our hearts Since we don't when to anticipate your return. You're a great person with a good heart. Contrary to what you've filled, I think you will need the knowledge later in life. I trust you not to forget what you've learnt, remember you shouldn't use your power to intimidate others. My dear child, never stand up against another except it is the only way.'

Those were the exact words of her master the day she had come to bid farewell.

'Dear Lord, the handwriting on the wall is too clear and bold to ignore, please come to my aid. Guide me o thou great Jehovah. ' Hester closed her eyes

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by chade(f): 5:45am On Jan 04, 2014
Singing#.....Its about to go down

there ar writers n there ar writers...... ma,u r indeed a queen in writing,may ur reign neva go sour

I read al tru d 9t nd it was realy worth d tym
I love ur story but I love u more mmmuah.tnx 4 writing
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:45am On Jan 04, 2014

'One of these days Chime, you will teach me how to knot my tie that way. '

'Thank you sir.' He gave a low bow to acknowledge his boss indirect compliment.

'We are using the black Bentley, Suzuki, Toyota Camry and Hyundai. You, Precious, Kalu and Godwin will be driving. You all should be out in seven minutes. ' Ethel instructed.

'I hope there will be room for me.'

They both look up at the stairs towards the direction of the voice.

There she stood elegantly looking in a beautifully designed and decorated anchara fabric, gele with a bag and heeled shoes to match. Seeing her make you want to exclaim Africa Queen.

'Wow, our lady! you look good indeed.' Chime said.

'Ah-na! I wish I was putting on white so I will readily walk side by side with you...down the aisle. ' She sang.

'Our lady! ' Chime chuckled and strode out of the sitting room feeling elated. He was suited up in white.

She came down the stairs.

'You look like the one and only, breathing taking Queen H. Hester.' He beamed and gave a low bow.

'Thanks. ' She chuckled. 'You aren't looking bad either.'

'That is what a lady says when she don't want to hurt a man by saying the truth.'

'Ethel, i wouldn't say something I don't mean afterall, you can't beat me.' She winked at him. 'My dear, your dressing is charming my heart away. I wouldn't sit beside you in church so I will concentrate.'

He burst into laughter. He was in native, the igbo style, he even had a red cap on.

'Will there be room for me in the car? '

'Sure. Can I? ' He extended his hand.

She gladly took it and they walk out side by side.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Yemxy005(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2014
Following..........***
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:57am On Jan 04, 2014
chade: Singing#.....Its about to go down

there ar writers n there ar writers...... ma,u r indeed a queen in writing,may ur reign neva go sour

I read al tru d 9t nd it was realy worth d tym
I love ur story but I love u more mmmuah.tnx 4 writing
Muuuaahh!! Milove, Welcome on board. Please serve her favorite Africa dish with cold malt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55