Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Fighting Back! - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78764 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Good job madam,u're hitting it well.
Thanks darling.

Re: Fighting Back! by jessepearl(m): 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
Queen xstar: Yesterday, my own Senator pope said he will fight me, today, my own Jessepearl threatened me. hehehehe …all this my Sweetheart sef, and to think they have fine fine names.... if they see my royal bodyguards ehen? Hahahaha... Duro come and tell them.
......hahahahahaha laffwankillme.....oya bring it on mr duro,i will surely fight back.....as for u queen xsta.i will deal with you personally.
Re: Fighting Back! by babyzai(f): 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
Queen xstar: O ye silent READERS, heareth ye not that Hester Douglas host a F. B pary at the end.
Knoweth ye not that you won't get to pary with her.
What meaneth ye all, all ye that chopeth, cleaneth mouth, dusteth buttocks and leave?
Wen i read dis,my conscience pricked me nd i knew i had to comment. Pls 4give a repentant ghost reader,biko nu,e jo wo. By d way i just love ur last update,it was so exciting,i felt like practicalising all Hester did bt i knw say na iya i go meet 4 dere.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
babyzai: Wen i read dis,my conscience pricked me nd i knew i had to comment. Pls 4give a repentant ghost reader,biko nu,e jo wo. By d way i just love ur last update,it was so exciting,i felt like practicalising all Hester did bt i knw say na iya i go meet 4 dere.
Eeeya …Welcome here.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
jessepearl: ......hahahahahaha laffwankillme.....oya bring it on mr duro,i will surely fight back.....as for u queen xsta.i will deal with you personally.
In Franklin Onyemazie's voice - Children of these days. (shakes head before sighing )
Re: Fighting Back! by Hameenat94(f): 6:58am On Jan 08, 2014
Queen xstar: O ye silent READERS, heareth ye not that Hester Douglas host a F. B pary at the end.
Knoweth ye not that you won't get to pary with her.
What meaneth ye all, all ye that chopeth, cleaneth mouth, dusteth buttocks and leave?
no party nd kung fu trainin 4 dem. tell
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2014
Hameenat94:
no party nd kung fu trainin 4 dem. tell
Yes ke!
Re: Fighting Back! by uchebest2006(m): 10:37am On Jan 08, 2014
Ur story is rily a blast!!! Ride on nwa oma,sowie that i dn't use to comment.Am rily enjoyin the latest part of ya story.Thumbs up.wink
Re: Fighting Back! by arck1: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2014
Her royal majesty you are da bomb...Nne plis waiting for an update
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:54am On Jan 08, 2014
Arc and Uche, Thanks.
Re: Fighting Back! by FameG(f): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
Followin this story as a guest. Now i cannot but beg you to complete this story soonest.

But come o ,na so osagie just die like that?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
Fame-G:
Followin this story as a guest. Now i cannot but beg you to complete this story soonest.

But come o ,na so osagie just die like that?
Welcome on board.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
He approached the swimming pool and halt in his steps when he sighted her seated on a vinyl chair with her head buried in her palms.

He continued his strides her rather slowly and lowered himself to the seat beside her and waited.

It was few hours after they returned.

'Hester, can I please talk to you? '

She lifted her head but didn't look at him.

'You know you can talk to me.' He was concerned.

'I know but there is nothing to talk about .' She heaved.

Ethel allowed the silence to stretch.

She fiddled with her fingers. 'I could have killed Oladimeji today, I could have killed Oladimeji today. I wanted to …I just wanted to …to end it all, to pay him back in his own coin for everything …everything Ethel. I just wanted to …'

'Hush …' He gathered her in his arms. 'I know that feeling … I wanted to too. ' He exhaled and glanced at the cloudy sky . 'Life is not all us about us deardarling, it more about what God wants or better still need from us.'

Hester sighed. 'So God approves all that has been happening to me.

'His ways are not our way neither are His thoughts ours. A hair of yours cannot fall to the ground without his permission. Your life is graven upon the palms of his hands. ' He felt her tremble. 'Life is not all about us dear darling, it is all about God. What he approves, no matter how hard it maybe. '

She heaved. 'Maybe if I had a big bro, things will be different. '

Ethel chuckled and helped her up. 'I'm baby sis. you wanna back or come on my shoulder. '

She smiled shyly before covering her face with both palms. 'Shoulder. ' She whispered.

Ethel lifted her to his shoulder and head towards the house for dinner.

++++
Re: Fighting Back! by nki4christ: 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
Queen xstar: He
approached the swimming pool and halt in his steps when he sighted her
seated on a vinyl chair with her head buried in her palms.

He continued his strides her rather slowly and lowered himself to the
seat beside her and waited.

It was few hours after they returned.

'Hester, can I please talk to you? '

She lifted her head but didn't look at him.

'You know you can talk to me.' He was concerned.

'I know but there is nothing to talk about .' She heaved.

Ethel allowed the silence to stretch.

She fiddled with her fingers. 'I could have killed Oladimeji today, I
could have killed Oladimeji today. I wanted to …I just wanted to …to end
it all, to pay him back in his own coin for everything …everything
Ethel. I just wanted to …'

'Hush …' He gathered her in his arms. 'I know that feeling … I wanted to
too. ' He exhaled and glanced at the cloudy sky . 'Life is not all us
about us deardarling, it more about what God wants or better still need
from us.'

Hester sighed. 'So God approves all that has been happening to me.

'His ways are not our way neither are His thoughts ours. A hair of yours
cannot fall to the ground without his permission. Your life is graven
upon the palms of his hands. ' He felt her tremble. 'Life is not all
about us dear darling, it is all about God. What he approves, no matter
how hard it maybe. '

She heaved. 'Maybe if I had a big bro, things will be different. '

Ethel chuckled and helped her up. 'I'm baby sis. you wanna back or come
on my shoulder. '

She smiled shyly before covering her face with both palms. 'Shoulder. '
She whispered.

Ethel lifted her to his shoulder and head towards the house for dinner.

++++
Re: Fighting Back! by whalesbanks(m): 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Queen dis is wat we cal action film gengen..... In ma sister's voice...eleyi le gaan ni oooQueen dis is wat we cal action film gengen..... In ma sister's voice...eleyi le gaan ni oooQueen dis is wat we cal action film gengen..... In ma sister's voice...eleyi le gaan ni ooo
Re: Fighting Back! by Marytess(f): 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
finally i don catch una*faints* abeg bring dat gun make i teach olademije wetin dey ground nw.
I want somebody to send dat douglas family to one bad village to suffer like 10 years*hiss*
Queen more gun to hester and more data to u.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:52am On Jan 09, 2014
Marytess: finally i don catch una*faints* abeg bring dat gun make i teach olademije wetin dey ground nw.
I want somebody to send dat douglas family to one bad village to suffer like 10 years*hiss*
Queen more gun to hester and more data to u.
Royal guards rushed to her and placed her on a royal bed in the Queen inner chamber. Resuscitated and well fed.
Welcome on board dearie.
Re: Fighting Back! by Marytess(f): 8:48am On Jan 09, 2014
[quote
author=Queen xstar] Royal guards rushed to her and placed her on a royal
bed in the Queen inner chamber. Resuscitated and well fed.
Welcome on board dearie. [/quote]
Guards make una no put me for olademije's house or else na die una go die.
Queen well done oo
Re: Fighting Back! by Marytess(f): 8:49am On Jan 09, 2014
[quote
author=Queen xstar] Royal guards rushed to her and placed her on a royal
bed in the Queen inner chamber. Resuscitated and well fed.
Welcome on board dearie. [/quote]
Guards make una no put me for olademije's house or else na die una go die8-)
Queen well done.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:29am On Jan 09, 2014
The finger that was tracing the encyclopedia stopped and she look up in the library having been distracted by shouting and wailing.

Hester stood, hastily arranged the book before heading out.

He met her halfway towards the direction of the wailing and shouting. On him was every indication of anger as he walked pass her without even a glance.

She look back at the retreating figure with a worried frown creeping into her countenance. She continued towards the direction of the voices she was hearing.

She entered the torture room. 'Jeez! ' She exclaimed at the gory sight before her. Whatever happened to them! Her brows creased as she looked the two security men over.

Wale and Dominic exchanged glances.

'Are you going to tell me what happened to them? ' She looked at both of them.

They exchanged looks.

Hester rolled her eyes, exasperation building in her. 'Are you going to tell me what happened or do I find out from another source? '

'Emmmm …our lady... they were punished by the boss.' Wale told her.

'Punishment? ' Her brows darkened thoughtfully. ' Ethel cannot do this to them for nothing.

'Yes … that's true. Our lady …ummm …they …' His voice trailed off as he glanced at Dominic once more.

'Wale please what is it? '

'Our lady …' He exhaled. 'The boss discovered that the ambush that you faced at the salon by Ola boys was as a result of the information that Daniel and Kunle sent to them.'

'What !' She exclaimed in disbelief and spun to face Dominic for confirmation.

'It's true.' He confirmed sadly.

'Oh-my-God.' She took a couple of steps back. She remembered how jovial she had been with them, how she via the sincerity of her heart had told them where she was headed to. How close she would have been a captive of Oladimeji once more. 'Oh God.' She muttered as the painful feeling of betrayal surged through her.

'Our lady …please forgive …forgive me... ' Kunle apologized and wheezed.

'I'm sorry please... ' Daniel had bloody saliva dripping from his mouth.

Hester walked out .

'Please our lady …' Wale followed her outside.

She stopped.

'I know I shouldn't ask at all considering the intensity of their offense but please …please help us.'

'Wale, they need hospital help. '

'We can't do that our lady, the boss forbids us leaving in any of the cars for the hospital. You are the only that can help.'

She opened her mouth to reject the obvious request but didn't have the heart to do so.'

'Please our lady, please …'

She swallowed. 'Let me see what you have in the first aid box. Give me few minutes, let me get somethings from my room.'

'Thank you our lady.' Wale gave her a low bow.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:31am On Jan 09, 2014
Whales, Mary and Nki4christ, Thanks.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2014
Trix how are you settling in school?
Flakky, How's up with our husband na?
Re: Fighting Back! by pinetulips(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
Queen xstar: Trix how are you settling in school?
Flakky, How's up with our husband na?

Queeni dey jealosy, hmn u kno c me 2 days u 4 ask after me na?. i be ur die hard fan oh.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
pinetulips:

Queeni dey jealosy, hmn u kno c me 2 days u 4 ask after me na?. i be ur die hard fan oh.
My making- me -dance husband am sorry.
I reported Senator to you na, he wanted to beat me.
Hope you're okay.
Re: Fighting Back! by pinetulips(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
Queen xstar: My making- me -dance husband am sorry.
I reported Senator to you na, he wanted to beat me.
Hope you're okay.

What! royal guards go nd bring me senator now wth immediate alacrity....*****eyes red**** temper sizzling. My Queen i ll protect u always**** bows
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:54am On Jan 10, 2014
pinetulips:

What! royal guards go nd bring me senator now wth immediate alacrity....*****eyes red**** temper sizzling. My Queen i ll protect u always**** bows
Thank you dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by SenatorPope(m): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2014
pinetulips:

First.....Dat ur eyes wey red u no fit take am light Cigarrette..u hear?

Second.....u better tell ya wife na[our own queen] say make anoda beta person no die insyd dis tori..or else...Hmmm.

Third....make I see royal guard wey go enter Aso rock...dem go hear am
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2014

From the top of his mansion, he watched as she took a walk around the hexagonal shaped swimming pool and the well trimmed flower lawn.

He saw her sit on the chair facing the pool, she placed both legs up and placed her head on my knee caps. Even from the distance, he perceived she was crying.

The same reason she was crying was the same reason that had prompted him to mete out same punishment to them -the feeling of distrust, the feeling of being betrayed of one that was trusted not just to anyone but a dangerous enemy.

Ethel came back to reality with a start and saw her sitting on a swing and it was moving fast. He suspected he saw for distraction from her thoughts.

He stood and head for the ropes with knots, the fastest way to reach down.

He grabbed one of the swing ropes. 'Take it easy darling .' He tried to reduce the swing speed. 'I'm sorry Hester.'

'I feel awful Ethel.' She wiped her tears with her palm. 'I don't know Why we can't entrust our sincerity with others without the fear of betrayal. ' She stared into space.

♬ Where do broken hearts go and they find their way home back to the open arms of a love that is waiting there if somebody love you,
would they always love you

....♬
Ethel sang for her and she was mesmerized as a smile formed on her lips. How she had thought he was a wonderful tenor Singer.

The swing movement was now to and fro.

'Ethel... do you know Where broken hearts go? ' Hester was thoughtful.

'No Hess, I don't know. ' He answered honestly. '

'I wish I knew where they go because my heart need to visit there desperately. '

'Victoria once said to me, -my bf has got the most generous heart on planet earth. I kinda doubted that until today. I marvel that you treated Daniel and Kunle despite what they did.'

Hester shrugged.

'There was time when Victoria stumbled on my diary and saw the epitome of my idea woman. Guess what she told me? ' He beamed pushing the swing .

'I wouldn't know. ' She replied nonchalantly.

'She said her best friend will suit me well and being with you make me acknowledged the possibility. She …'

'You must be out of your mind! Stop this swing now! '

'Why are you burning up?' His voice was teasing.

'I ain't burning up 'cause I don't have fever! If you don't stop this swing now, I will jump down.' Her face was flushed and her eyes sparkled.

'I believe if you hear the conclusion, you will feel better. '

'I will feel better when I bring the sky down, peg your ears on it and put it up for the world to see the price of being defiant! '

'You don't have to worry about that, I will get you a sword.' HIS hands were still on the swing.

'It's a joking matter now but wouldn't be when you appear earless at the CNN TV interview for young African entrepreneur.'

Ethel laughed heartily. 'I believe Osagie and Victoria would have made wonderful couples. Will you like to see what.Osagie and I was back in south Africa. '

'Photographs? '

'Yup! ' He stopped the swing.

Hester jumped down with a smile. 'I love photographs! '

How relieved he felt that he had made her feel better. He loved her smile and it made her eyes sparkle.

'And Ethelbert? '

'Uh-huh? '

'You voice is soothing when you sing. ' She faced him.

'Woah!' He fan himself with both palms. 'I … I feel so hot that I need to immerse myself in the pool before I melt away. '

'Go ahead.' She fold her arms.' How long will that take? '

'The rest of this year .'

Hester rolled her eyes before bursting into bouts of laughter.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:47am On Jan 10, 2014
StoryViewing this topic:Spiff20(m),Senator_Pope(m),portable31(f),adeoghosa09and 1 guest(s). 2kobo things good people …
Re: Fighting Back! by SenatorPope(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2014
Well done Queen.....I can smell love in the air

Re: Fighting Back! by Flakkydagirl: 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
Love is in the air,i can feel it in my bones....

@Queenhess,nice one madam,am loving this body and soul.
Re: Fighting Back! by handmaid: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
finally here i am.

my lady u have done well for us all. i began reading yesterday or d day before it. in a way i can relate to the story, i mean the 'family rejection' part.

keep it flowing. my 5kobo cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key