Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Fighting Back! - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78822 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2013

Keep on with the force don't stop, don't stop till you get enough …..The music blasted from the home theatre.

Hester tried to do the break dance in the MJ Way . 'Wow.' She laughed at herself and as the sweat broke out, She slumped on the bed and laughed hard.

The brass knocker sounded.

'Come in.'

'Good afternoon darling. ' Douglas said with a smile.

'Good afternoon Dad.' She turned down the music and switched on the TV.

'I see you're getting better. ' He was still on his feet.

'I aint getting better. 'She quipped in foreign accent. 'I -am -better, with no thanks to you.'

'Princess I thought we gone pass this.' He beamed.

'Definitely not.' She picked the remote once more and begin to change channels.

'We are going for a dinner party today. '

Hester sat up. 'Who am I seeing there? '

'The first lady will be there and even the president. '

'Really? ' She perceived he skipped the most tangible information, the presence of their son.

'Yes darling. ' He affirmed.

'What time? '

'6pm darling. '

'Excuse me for few seconds, let me check my schedule. ' She picked her tablet and check through. 'Oh shocks! 'There movie that I have to see by 5, it will for 2 hours, after I have to read chapters of my Bible,' She look up at him and beamed, 'I am trying to finish the Bible this year, I read at least three chapters everyday, I am now in John, afterwards I will Pray. My time with God cannot be negotiated for a party. Her face was straight. 'Just before I retire to bed, there is there is dancing instructions show I will love to watch. I am upgrading my dancing steps.' She laughed self satisfied.

Colour drained from Douglas' face as he stared at his daughter, he couldn't believe his ears. Worst still he couldn't remember when a situation had made him tongue tied as he was now.

Hester increased the volume of the music and swirled thrice. 'Ooooops! ' She chuckled as she caught herself and took smooth steps backward. She continued dancing completely ignoring her father.

Eventually without another word, he stepped out quietly.

'I'm so happy! ' Hester squealed

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2013

Keep on with the force don't stop, don't stop till you get enough …..The music blasted from the home theatre.

Hester tried to do the break dance in the MJ Way . 'Wow.' She laughed at herself and as the sweat broke out, She slumped on the bed and laughed hard.

The brass knocker sounded.

'Come in.'

'Good afternoon darling. ' Douglas said with a smile.

'Good afternoon Dad.' She turned down the music and switched on the TV.

'I see you're getting better. ' He was still on his feet.

'I aint getting better. 'She quipped in foreign accent. 'I -am -better, with no thanks to you.'

'Princess I thought we gone pass this.' He beamed.

'Definitely not.' She picked the remote once more and begin to change channels.

'We are going for a dinner party today. '

Hester sat up. 'Who am I seeing there? '

'The first lady will be there and even the president. '

'Really? ' She perceived he skipped the most tangible information, the presence of their son.

'Yes darling. ' He affirmed.

'What time? '

'6pm darling. '

'Excuse me for few seconds, let me check my schedule. ' She picked her tablet and check through. 'Oh shocks! 'There movie that I have to see by 5, it will for 2 hours, after I have to read chapters of my Bible,' She look up at him and beamed, 'I am trying to finish the Bible this year, I read at least three chapters everyday, I am now in John, afterwards I will Pray. My time with God cannot be negotiated for a party. Her face was straight. 'Just before I retire to bed, there is there is dancing instructions show I will love to watch. I am upgrading my dancing steps.' She laughed self satisfied.

Colour drained from Douglas' face as he stared at his daughter, he couldn't believe his ears. Worst still he couldn't remember when a situation had made him tongue tied as he was now.

Hester increased the volume of the music and swirled thrice. 'Ooooops! ' She chuckled as she caught herself and took smooth steps backward. She continued dancing completely ignoring her father.

Eventually without another word, he stepped out quietly.

'I'm so happy! ' Hester squealed

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
'Those were very important visitors, 'You shouldn't have rejected the invitation to come down. '

Hester gaze were scrutinized as she continued to read from the column in a medical journal Chris had sent her.

'Hester, you are becoming impossibly rude these days. I am talking to you, young lady! 'Empress waited. 'Hester! '

Hester looked up slowly and frowned. 'Mummy. ' Her attention return to the journal.

'Oh no! You haven't been listening to me.' She groaned.

'What have you been saying? ' She picked a pencil and began underlining.

Empress shook her head.'Never mind.' She studied momentarily and took a doubtful look at the beautifully designed silver box she was carrying cautiously and then she put on her most charming smile. 'Honey I've got a parcel for you. '

'I'm busy Mum. '

'You have to see it now.' She stressed sweetly.

'Put it on my study table.' She used a well trimmed finger to trace the diagram.

'Hester! ' Her Mum chided. 'It's important you see it now, I won't leave until you have seen it.'

'You are Welcome to stay in my room, make yourself comfortable, I think I have one of your favorite drink in the fridge. '

Empress rolled her eyes apparently loosing her patience. 'Is what you are important than I your mother? '

'I'm sure you don't want me to answer that.'

'I am not interested in your answer ! Get off that bed and come and see this right away! ' She was hysterical.

Hester looked up at her mother. 'Nobody gives a heck about me, yet I won't be let alone. ' She laid aside what was on her lap and crawled out of bed.

Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nice one there Queen, I'm beginning 2 fall in love with dis Hester o.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
Empress handed the parcel to her.

Hester opened it and at the golden inscription that greeted her eyes, she frozed.

For seconds, everything else blacked out, her hands shook, her lips quivered, her feet buckled under her and her face became deathly pale. She lurched.

Empress had her expectations but what she saw quickened her heart beat. 'Honey …emmmm … darling please calm down.'

'No …impossible …never....this is not happening to me.' She muttered staring into space.

'Mummy what is this? ' She demanded mustering strength.

'Hester don't be like that, we can talk about this.' Empress said contemplating moving close to comfort.

She closed her eyes and her tears flowed.

And then,

In a swift motion, she pulled out a container and some other thing her mother could not identify before holding the parcel still holding the box.

Rings of sweat formed on Empress forehead. 'Hester! Hester!! ' She called desperately 'Oh God …Oh my God! Hester! Hester!! ' Empress was about to run out to call for help when Hester emerged.

As she emerged,

Gripped with fear, Empress stepped out of the way because she saw her daughter like never before. She saw of combo of pain, betrayal, anger and determination.

Hester left her room for the corridor, she poured the content of the box on the tiled rugged floor.

The lighter.

The flame rose to the ceiling.

She kicked the box into fire.

It took a moment for the bodyguards to grasp what was happening. The fire alarm snapped them out of their reverie and they ran to switch it off and get extinguishers.

'Are you crazy! Do you know much that cost? ' Empress was furious and slapped her.

Hester laughed heartily. 'What a coincidence Mum. '

'What are you talking about? ' She glared at her daughter like she had lost her sanity .

'He slapped me too.'

'Oladimeji slapped you? ' Empress went wideeyed. 'How dare he lay a finger on you! ' She caught herself. 'You must have done something wrong.'

By then, Kasali and Kabiru were battling to put out the fire.

'I thought as much.' She nodded with a grim. Like a bolt from the blue it dawned on her that even if she had told them that piece of info on the day it happened, nothing would have changed. She held her mother's gaze. 'I don't want disturbance. ' Hester entered her room and locked the door.

She had received her own wedding invitation cards to marry Oladimeji.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Oooops! You didn't see that coming right? What is on your mind? I need to know. looking forward to seeing your comments. God bless you.
Re: Fighting Back! by sconp: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
What? Marriage? Thats a big twist. Hmmmm
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
scon-p:
What? Marriage? Thats a big twist. Hmmmm
Shey?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Winnie and Jiteshey, Where you na? Hope you too are Okay.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Winnie and Jiteshey, Where you na? Hope you two are Okay.
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
I'm nt suprised, bt d way things r goin, I guess dey'll marry demselves and d husband 'll b treating her anyhow, he won't av any respect 4 her which would make Hester start aving an affair wit a loving/caring guy, she'll lose her lyf in d process. Jst a guess tho
Re: Fighting Back! by Jiteshell(f): 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
Queen xstar: Winnie and Jiteshey, Where you na? Hope you too are Okay.
I am still here oh. May not be to comment often. I am staying till the end.
Marriage? What is wrong with that woman, that was going too far. I feel like slapping sense into that stupid empress
Re: Fighting Back! by adegwurulez(m): 12:11am On Nov 27, 2013
*clears throat*
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:22am On Nov 27, 2013
jhidey08: I'm nt suprised, bt d way things r goin, I guess dey'll marry demselves and d husband 'll b treating her anyhow, he won't av any respect 4 her which would make Hester start aving an affair wit a loving/caring guy, she'll lose her lyf in d process. Jst a guess tho
Woah! love your 2 kobo , Thanks . The beautiful thing about this story is that it was a book I wrote and completed just after secondary school.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:24am On Nov 27, 2013
Jiteshell:
I am still here oh. May not be to comment often. I am staying till the end.
Marriage? What is wrong with that woman, that was going too far. I feel like slapping sense into that stupid empress
Hi Love, slapping only Empress, how about Douglas?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:26am On Nov 27, 2013
adegwurulez: *clears throat*
Would you like water Sir?
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 6:14am On Nov 27, 2013
Am enjoyin your story lyk madt. But wait o did i hear u talk abt marriage? Hester no fit marry that dimeji of a guy, he is full of himself and their marriage will be a total disaster.
Just a guess. Btw Queen you ar doing a gr8 job, front page tins.
Re: Fighting Back! by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:04am On Nov 27, 2013
*still following*
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2013
D9ty7: Am enjoyin your story lyk madt. But wait o did i hear u talk abt marriage? Hester no fit marry that dimeji of a guy, he is full of himself and their marriage will be a total disaster.
Just a guess. Btw Queen you ar doing a gr8 job, front page tins.
Thanks Love.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2013
Temitope Daniel: *still following*
cool
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2013
Queen xstar: Woah! love your 2 kobo , Thanks . The beautiful thing about this story is that it was a book I wrote and completed just after secondary school.
u're doing a nyc work I must say. Thumbs up
Re: Fighting Back! by soulminister(m): 9:39am On Nov 27, 2013
ghen! ghen!! ghen!!!

onye emetula nwa agu aka na-odu, ma odi ndu, ma onwuranwu.

it is said that a female human has additional 25 more demons than a man.

that's why a wrath of a scorned woman is disastrous.

****also heard that half of the demons in a woman is transferred to a man through blood exchange like sexual intercourse. imagine hiw many demons that a man that sleeps with different women carries.******
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2013
FIVE

'.... my darling baby, chilling with Mummy aye? …How're you doing? …I'm okay ...'

Agatha entered the room and stood akimbo.

Hester laughed still lying belly down on the bed with her ear piece in place. '.... orrrhr Sweetheart! There is no telling to how much have missed you like you will miss pancakes the way your Mum makes them …I can't come now but when you're a little, you can come and see me... I love you too. Give the phone back to Mummy.' Hester continued gusting with her formal colleague like Agatha wasn't there.

'We have missed you terribly, when patients and clients come around, they keep asking of you. '

'It has been difficult for me settling. I missed everyone. ' Hester sighed.

'Gabe misses you like crazy, sometimes he says to me-Fine, she never accepted me but her presence consoled me greatly. El I feel so empty. He would wailed.'

Hester chuckled. 'My cute surgeon. I'll call later.'

'Lovely Hess, he would be ecstatic! '

'Please don't stop praying for me like I won't stop praying for you all.'

'Yea. All the best dear.

'You too. Take care of Deb and Matt.'

The call eventually ended. Hester sat up.

'It about time you ended that call.' Agatha almost hissed. 'I am very disappointed you put up that show for the favor of spending the rest of your life with of the sexiest guy in Africa, a shaker and a mover. ' Her eyes gleamed. 'He's got the doe, talk of class, he is president son. Do you know how many of my girlfriends are dying to take to take this out for a treat or having them in their arms. That has also been my desire. ' She couldn't help but add.' Do you know how much, the worth of shopping treat his ex enjoyed?' Her voice rose emphatically.

Hester listened rapt attention.

'They practically toured the world while they were dating. And to think that you have the privilege of Oladimeji love and attention yet you're trampling on it. Hester you must be crazy. You're acting in the strangest way girl! I wonder what kind of blood is flowing through your vein? I have a good mind of drugging you, taking you to a psychiatric hospital so they could ensure your mind is intact. '

Hester was offended. 'Are you through? '

'What do you mean? '

' leave my room. '

Agatha laughed. 'For sure girl, you've gone bananas! '

Hester stood and covered the distance between them. 'One of your problem is that you never learn.'

Agatha raised a hand to slap her but Hester saw it coming and suspended it midway.

'

'
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:11am On Nov 27, 2013
soul minister: ghen! ghen!! ghen!!!

onye emetula nwa agu aka na-odu, ma odi ndu, ma onwuranwu.

it is said that a female human has additional 25 more demons than a man.

that's why a wrath of a scorned woman is disastrous.

****also heard that half of the demons in a woman is transferred to a man through blood exchange like sexual intercourse. imagine hiw many demons that a man that sleeps with different women carries.******
I have waiting for you Sweet, good to see you here. Heavy message though. Sex is an exchange of spirit and marriage in the spiritual realm. Which one would you like? Nkwobi or Africa salad?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:23am On Nov 27, 2013
'You better be more concerned with your life than mine, ain't you twenty seven, three years older than I am, is it not your mate that are getting married. You keep running from pillar to post in the name of parties, clubs etc. 'Hester held her gaze.

Agatha tried to free her arm but the hold was firm.

'You and Oladimeji fit each other, you too are ill mannered and proud. I have respected you as an elder sister and swallowed your insult but the next time, you barge into my room, I will slap you. ' With that,Hester grabbed her arm and pulled out stunned Agatha out of her room and shut the door.

++++

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by soulminister(m): 10:28am On Nov 27, 2013
Queen xstar: I have waiting for you Sweet, good to see you here. Heavy message though. Sex is an exchange of spirit and marriage in the spiritual realm. Which one would you like? Nkwobi or Africa salad?

my mum makes the best african salad so, yours will spoil my tummy. nkwobi will do, washed down with a good non-alcholic wine
Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2013
I've been quite for a while now but am back now. That Aghata of a girl is too shallow for my liking. All she thinks about is shopping, world tour and hansomeness without even thinking about character. I like the way hester talked to her, she has chosen not to respect herself and so does not deserve any form of respect from hester.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2013

'I wouldn't have believed this could occur as my worst night mare.'

'This is absurd, unbelievable! I can't believe my brother with all his education and exposure could be doing this.' Chris drummed his fingers visibly irritated.

Hester raise her right hand towards heaven. 'God in heaven know I cannot and will not marry him, not after I have remain chaste for this long. ' Her eyes were clouded. 'I can never, ever go into a forced marriage. I can never marry Oladimeji! '

'Calm down Hess.' Chris lowered his eyes thoughtfully.

'There is no time to calm down, no, not anymore. ' She began pacing the room. 'The invitation cards have been distributed, it's on the newspapers and what have you. The wedding gown, shoes and all accessories are set, they are all ready. The wedding is only a month and a couple of weeks away.'

Chris shook his head. 'They can't do this to you. That promiscuous boy, an embodiment of irresponsibility! No … they can't do this to you.' He fought back his tears.

'I told myself that so many times but it didn't work, the wedding presents have began arriving.' She backed him,' I … I agreed to my father request. ' A tear dropped.

'You did what! ' He was on his feet.

'I did.' She swallowed and tears came down freely. 'I have made to understand it's Oladimeji whether I liked it or not. I have been made to realise no escapism. I resolved to brain storming and I realise there is only one way to make myself clear to my family, the presidential family and the world.'

He made her to face him. 'What are talking about? Do you have a solution? ' He was anxious.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2013
soul minister:

my mum makes the best african salad so, yours will spoil my tummy. nkwobi will do, washed down with a good non-alcholic wine
Noted.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:02am On Nov 27, 2013
Winnie1950: I've been quite for a while now but am back now. That Aghata of a girl is too shallow for my liking. All she thinks about is shopping, world tour and hansomeness without even thinking about character. I like the way hester talked to her, she has chosen not to respect herself and so does not deserve any form of respect from hester.
Some girls are like that isn't it?
Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 11:02am On Nov 27, 2013
Oh God please don't allow this to happen to hester *sobs*. I hope she has a good plan. May God save her.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:24am On Nov 27, 2013
Winnie1950: Oh God please don't allow this to happen to hester *sobs*. I hope she has a good plan. May God save her.
Dabbed her tears as tears formed in her own eyes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.