Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) (59773 Views)

Beggar Using A Mobile Phone In Lagos (photos) / Photos From The Fatal Accident On Ikorodu Road This Morning / Military Police Arresting Soldiers On Bike At Ikorodu Road? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
It is worse in IB

1 Like

Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by RichDad1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
@op, what do intend gaining from mocking this poor and less privileged man? This man is a REAL BLIND MAN. For anyone that ply Ikorodu road very well, he usually stand on the median between weigh bridge and owode.
Personally, I'm impressed with this man that despite being visually impaired, he's always dressed clean and corporate. Please, @ all let us stop mocking this man. Also firbthe doubting Thomases you as well verified this. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by davedozz(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
ifyalways: Lol. Dem many for lagos with ridiculous stories like :
They are stranded.
They'll show u a doctors prescription and claim they need money for the last two drugs.
They were duped and need just bus fare to get back to Oshogbo or Ijebu.
They're going for an interview and their pocket was picked hence they need bus fare.

All na wash.

hmmmmm..... U know dem wella ooo...

Hah... Make e no be say u be dia teacher oooo
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Adanyebe(m): 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
Whatever it is .... Beging these days is not as easy as before... People are now upgraded wit the latest beging tricks so called begger use to screw other. Hawking pure water is even easier and pays wella

Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
One blocked me at an ATM point around my area last night. He started by asking: "Guy, U be igbo?" I was like "Yes" Then He went on in igbo language asking me for "Just 3k" to complete his money that he was travelling that night on a night bus and he had just N1,500 and the bus fare was N4k. He claimed his brother called him that his father was very sick. Then I gave him 5k instead out of sympathy and I was shocked when I met him in a bar today. MY PEOPLE, THINGS DEY HAPPEN FOR THIS COUNTRY!

4 Likes

Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by ignis: 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
optimism91: Because of these corpearte beggars, one finds it hard to help out these days. May God help us in this country.
Yea.... My exact thought.
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
Why anyone with a modicum of empathy would make jest of a beggar is beyond me!!!
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Sike(m): 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
Na Naija we dey.
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Temptee101(m): 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
D beggar na ajebutter na...
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by gabriel212: 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
A young girl met me on my way to office last month and said
Her: Good morning sir, please come and buy sweet for me no socks
Me: What do you need is it socks / sweet?
Her: socks
Me: I gave her #150
on the next day when I was going to office, the same girl approached me again
Her: Excuse me sir, come and buy socks for me
Me: Were you not the one I gave #150 yesterday?
Her: They stole it from my bag
Me: you are a liar I don't believe you
And she immediately left me. since then, I had not seen her on that route again.
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by ojimbo(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
I could remember when i boarded a bus going to ikeja, i was picked in my pocket and the criminal made away with my 9,000 naira, i was ashamed that day because of what i passed through, even at my level, i ve never rejected anyone that begs me money, but i was suprised that i could not get help from anyone that day, let me shorten the story, THANKS to alaye people because they were the one that helped me to get back to ajao estate, even after that experience, thank God that i have not hardened my heart at beggers because i beleieve that the most shamefull thing on earth is to beg, so what so ever that may have pushed them into begging must be a very serious issue

1 Like

Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Uniquexty(f): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
And some of these begger wear " my money grows like grass" t-shirt. They need to have stories to tell.... like " I once had no shoes" just like my oga at d top
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by fsb(m): 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Irrespective of the fact that some people have decided to use dubious means to solicit for assistance from members of the public, it is essential to remember the following points which I believe in:

1. The sum of a man's life is not in the number of possessions he piles up but how he is able to use resources available to him to impart the life of others who are less fortunate

2. we should learn to always open our hearts and ask: what if this man/woman really needed this help?

3. Deceit can never take one far in life and it should not stop you from helping people if it won't cost you an arm.

4. I believe what goes around comes around to those who use tricks to rob hard earned coin from me but then again, the man who opens his heart to the plight of his fellow man who is less unfortunate opens up pathways in his journey through life. In other words, if you believe in God, then you know that when you bless others, someone else would return the same to you. If you don't believe in God, well....sorry

PS: I am angry and at the same time feel sorry for the poster who actually joked about a blind man being his lecturer. They say the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom....Please desist from such so that vengeance may not be unleashed upon you.

Food for thought: What if after we die, God says to us,'my son/daughter, how how did you impart the earth?' What would be your response.....

2 Likes

Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by troy20(m): 10:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
its packaging.begging is turning lucrative so they have to keep up with the competition.those guys live healtheir than some of us.while you are cramped in a bus early on your way to your work of misery maybe and probably with an empty stomach.they simple pick up there 50 bucks from every "good morning oga" to a "sir" in a good car while deeping there breads in there early morning routine tea prepared and transported by a "mei shayi". expecially the "crazy legs" ones on boris.
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by ehmasjet(m): 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
Rich Dad: @op, what do intend gaining from mocking this poor and less privileged man? This man is a REAL BLIND MAN. For anyone that ply Ikorodu road very well, he usually stand on the median between weigh bridge and owode.
Personally, I'm impressed with this man that despite being visually impaired, he's always dressed clean and corporate. Please, @ all let us stop mocking this man. Also firbthe doubting Thomases you as well verified this. Peace.

sorry i am not tryin to mock him, besides i gave him money afta d shot,its jst for us to share our experiences,,,,,,weda gud or bad...tanks...
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by tellwisdom: 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
Is this not senator obanikoro??
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
They are like two regular "paraders" on my campus
The first begger statements: bro/sis pls help me mowa stranded
The second begger: bro/sis abeggi help me
And now we have skool kids now parading us everywhere now if u you buy bread dre request will be bread, if it ice cream it will be ice cream dey will beg for
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Yusluv77(m): 11:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Bleep” Is The Only Word Which Can Be Used To
Express Many Feelings
Anger: “Get The Bleep Out Of Here”
Anxiety: “What The Bleep Is Happening”
Confused: “What The Bleep”
Curious: “How The Bleep Did You Do That”
Failure: “I’m bleeped”
Love: “She Is Fucking Beautiful”
Lust: “Aah Bleep Me Baby”
Pride: “I Am A Fucking Genius”
Revenge: “Bleep You”
Sad: “Why The Bleep Does This Happen To Me”
Victory: “I Won That Fucking Competition”
By This Time You Will Be Thinking This Is One
Fucking Great Joke
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Bowaley17(m): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=ehmasjet]This is a corporate beggar who has been on it for so many years now and has made ikorodu road his business unit.so i decided to take his snapshot for nl today not for him to be mocked but for us to share our experiences with due respect to him.

Yes i do see him on ikorodu road every morning...he dress smartly...his shirt and trouser iron,he knots a tie too, with well polish shoes,he claim to be blind...but some people dont think so,because he crosses the road anytime anyday
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Vock(m): 12:01am On Nov 21, 2013
ehmasjet:

sorry i am not tryin to mock him, besides i gave him money afta d shot,its jst for us to share our experiences,,,,,,weda gud or bad...tanks...
STFU.. U COULDN'T HAVE GIVEN HIM MONEY.. from the angle of that pix, u were in a bus and couldn't have given him money cos the man does not run after buses and the driver couldn't have stopped for you to give him money... we are not fools here
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by GhaliNaaba(m): 12:04am On Nov 21, 2013
Na so one dey beg for money. He say em pikin dey hospital and doctor wan change plasenta for his body. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by ojimbo(m): 12:29am On Nov 21, 2013
Remember that these are the people whom God commanded you to pay your tithe to and eat your tithe with them, which one is better, to sow a seed in the hands of a less privilage man than to take it to that man that owns a private jet and also a university? My people be wise, always spend your momey wisely inorder to please God, i wonder how you will feel if you decided to share your sunday offering among beggers
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by UyiIredia(m): 12:30am On Nov 21, 2013
All of una wey dey judge everybody corporate beggar. Life no do u make u dey stranded for one place when u dress like fine boi or girl ! Na den u eye go clear.
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by ojimbo(m): 12:31am On Nov 21, 2013
GhaliNaaba: Na so one dey beg for money. He say em pikin dey hospital and doctor wan change plasenta for his body. grin grin
but that ashawo you use to take to hotel will form one lie and tell you, upon still you are aaware that her words are full of lies, you will still give her the money, my broda, nothing stops you from giving to beggers, or do you think that they are happy to be a begger?
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by guiddoti: 1:36am On Nov 21, 2013
That guy has open road office. Well dressed and resume duty every morning, doing his job description. Mehn he must have bagged PhD in human begging.
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by emmabest2000(m): 4:13am On Nov 21, 2013
sleazy.5:
It's situations like this that discourage me from giving alms. How can one identify those genuinely in need and these goddamned scamers
Givers never lack grin
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Casmore: 6:19am On Nov 21, 2013
ehmasjet: This is a
corporate beggar who has been on it for so many years now and has made
ikorodu road his business unit.so i decided to take his snapshot for nl
today not for him to be mocked but for us to share our experiences with
due respect to him.

begging is better than stealin, bt he should have used d proceeds from his bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz(beging) to start a better biz. abi na juju de worry him?
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by InvertedHammer: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2013
/
The bad thing about it is that the people that really need help will be sidelined.

All in a day's work. What can I say?

/
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by nickz(m): 6:41am On Nov 21, 2013
sylvar02: HAba
habatically grin grin
Re: A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 21, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
That's Dr Oludare. A lecturer at MAULAG. He is not a Career beggar. He has to survive one way or the other while the ASUU strike lasts. Nawaooo!

Ma'DIQ are you sure of this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Cobra Found In My Friend's Bathroom / Unidentified Lady Dies In Accident In Port Harcourt. Do You Know Her? (Graphic) / 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.