Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? (2172 Views)

Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Adewale4luv: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abagworo:

I never mentioned the ethnicity of the areas, I only mentioned Igbos and you already know the people I referred to and the 5 States they are from. Maybe the Delta ones will suffer same fate with them because they(Delta Igbos) are also scattered everywhere like their Southeast brothers and own investments in Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Kaduna, Rivers etc.
BUSTED!!!!This ABAGWORO of a person is not igbo

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by simpleseyi: 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Capital NO. Let everyone stay in his papa's house. If I see any rubbish non-Yorubas who cannot pronounce 'Opolopo Lomo Popolopo Lolopololori' in Yoruba land, you will be regarded as a spy and treated as such. Go and find out how spies are treated in Iran. Russia or China.

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Abagworo:

I never mentioned the ethnicity of the areas, I only mentioned Igbos and you already know the people I referred to and the 5 States they are from. Maybe the Delta ones will suffer same fate with them because they(Delta Igbos) are also scattered everywhere like their Southeast brothers and own investments in Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Kaduna, Rivers etc.

Dear Sir Please How old are you ?

2 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by wirinet(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
If this country is to divide, it will not divide along north and south as imagined by the OP. The north from kwara is likely going to unite into once country, the south West are already united and so one country, the east though not so united would form their own country and the mosaic of tribes in the south south would form a very rancorous and divided nation with acrimonious fight for land and resources.

The north would be able to negotiate access to the sea with the south west, the igbos would find it difficult negotiating access to the sea from the riverine area of the south south because th igbo are not adept at negotiating with others and their superiority complex.

Now about cross migration every region should allow others a certain period to move all their movable assets and sell off their immovable assets and the move to their region. After complete separation, we should then adopt the Qatar model, whereby anybody wishing to migrate must have his visa processed by an employer in that region and also released by the same employer before he or she can go back. That would check uncontrolled cross migration which would bring us back to square one.

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
LOL. @Abagworo and @wirinet. Two guys claiming tribes they are not from. Have decency for once.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by wirinet(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: LOL. @Abagworo and @wirinet. Two guys claiming tribes they are not from. Have decency for once.

Abeg remind me, which tribe am i claiming again, that i am not from? Since you are psychic and able to decipher peoples tribe online, what tribe do you ascribe to me.

Besides, i dont see how my tribe has anything to do with the subject matter. I am giving my opinion and consequence of disintegrating Nigeria as wished by some people, give your opinion and leave my tribe out of it.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nnewi1stSon: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Jobless folks. Anyways Geez really cracked me up, so he doesnt have even a single investment in his almighty 'Odualand'? Bros, in the event of disintegration, you might as well kiss those properties good bye grin!
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Jobless folks. Anyways Geez really cracked me up, so he doesnt have even a single investment in his almighty 'Odualand'? Bros, in the event of disintegration, you might as well kiss those properties good bye grin!

He's got Insurance... So no probs. !....And perhaps, If he doesnt get 'em properties back, he can make another non-Yoruba's properties pay for them through some lobbying in his homeland. (that's fact for you. !!! )

.....And BTW, my take on this is:

Though there may not be any sort of 'go-back-to-ur-villages" or whateva, the fact still remains that a very large number of those who invested heavily away from home WILL RECEIVE THE MOST RUTHLESS BACKLASHES IN THEIR LIVES AS ALENS IN OTHER MEN'S LANDS. !!

Please Take Note. !
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by geeez: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Jobless folks. Anyways Geez really cracked me up, so he doesnt have even a single investment in his almighty 'Odualand'? Bros, in the event of disintegration, you might as well kiss those properties good bye grin!

Most of my investments are in Lagos

I also have some in Abuja and PHC

I'm selling off my investments in PHC next year and investing in Ogun and Ibadan

However, I trust my investments in Abuja to be safer than anything I put in the East
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
geeez:

Most of my investments are in Lagos

I also have some in Abuja and PHC

I'm selling off my investments in PHC next year and investing in Ogun and Ibadan

However, I trust my investments in Abuja to be safer than anything I put in the East
But smhw, I hope u aint taking what u see here on Nairaland serious.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nnewi1stSon: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
lygn19:
I hope dat nxt year comes, coz we Easterners re tired of u ppl.
Lol, my dear u couldnt have put it any better, besides i have this feeling he's just saying so to feel less guilty for not investing in his poverty infested enclave. Who would want to buy land in Africa's largest slum Ibadan? Besides Lagos, every other geographical location in that part of the world is messed up.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by geeez: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Lol, my dear u couldnt have put it any better, besides i have this feeling he's just saying so to feel less guilty for not investing in his poverty infested enclave. Who would want to buy land in Africa's largest slum Ibadan? Besides Lagos, every other geographical location in that part of the world is messed up.

Oyo and Ogun are bigger in GDP than any state in the SE as assessed by an independent non-Nigeria company

The states' IGRs are strong evidences
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nnewi1stSon: 8:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
geeez:

Oyo and Ogun are bigger in GDP than any state in the SE as assessed by an independent non-Nigeria company

The states' IGRs are strong evidences
Oh puleeeaazze nigga, save me that boring sermon. How those your bogus GDP reflect on the lives of the ordinary indigenes over there? Why is Ibadan still known as the 'Brown roof' capital of Africa? It's no doubt that besides your dilapidated cocoa house no other building in Ibadan is worthy of note. Your region reeks of poverty #fact!
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by geeez: 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Oh puleeeaazze nigga, save me that boring sermon. How those your bogus GDP reflect on the lives of the ordinary indigenes over there? Why is Ibadan still known as the 'Brown roof' capital of Africa? It's no doubt that besides your dilapidated cocoa house no other building in Ibadan is worthy of note. Your region reeks of poverty #fact!

And these poor people have attracted one, two, three KFC outlets while the whole of the SE doesn't even have a kiosk

These same poverty stricken people had one Shoprite outlet opened and a second opened less than six months after

Meanwhile the only one in the SE opened over two years ago and it's struggling to stay open

If you can't explain why these things are the way they are, then you must admit that Ibadan people have a higher purchasing power than the whole of the SE
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Oh puleeeaazze nigga, save me that boring sermon. How those your bogus GDP reflect on the lives of the ordinary indigenes over there? Why is Ibadan still known as the 'Brown roof' capital of Africa? It's no doubt that besides your dilapidated cocoa house no other building in Ibadan is worthy of note. Your region reeks of poverty #fact!

If the population of Ibhoes only in Oyo & Ogun (save LAG & others) combined outnumbers whole Yoruba populace in the whole SE, & yet you call you these places slums, ...

TELL ME BOY, what will be called of your whole SE that can't muster any tangible presence of strangers?

What name then do you call the fruitless SE of yours then in this case? grin grin
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nnewi1stSon: 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
geeez:

And these poor people have attracted one, two, three KFC outlets while the whole of the SE doesn't even have a kiosk

These same poverty stricken people had one Shoprite outlet opened and a second opened less than six months after

Meanwhile the only one in the SE opened over two years ago and it's struggling to stay open

If you can't explain why these things are the way they are, then you must admit that Ibadan people have a higher purchasing power than the whole of the SE

Dude you're pathetic, you dont get tired these lines...
'IGR'
'KfC'
'Shoprite'.
So ibadan people have money to buy #50 bread from shoprite and 70 chips from KFC but yet cant fix their brown leaking roofs? grin, little wonder the place is such a lucrative place for shoprite, they sure know how gullible the people are.
Let me ask you questions, why do you think shoprite would want to open and Outlet in Onitsha or Aba? When these two places have large markets of their own? And who told you that of Enugu is struggling to stay open? And is shoprite and KFc even a criteria to determine the purchasing power of a place? Judging from your myopic reasoning one would conclude that portharcourt is a poor city as neither shoprite nor KFc has an outlet their.
Pls when you have a more tangible reason to back your laughable GDP and IGR claims, holla me. wink

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nnewi1stSon: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
St_Black:

If the population of Ibhoes only in Oyo & Ogun (save LAG & others) combined outnumbers whole Yoruba populace in the whole SE, & yet you call you these places slums, ...

TELL ME BOY, what will be called of your whole SE that can't muster any tangible presence of strangers?

What name then do you call the fruitless SE of yours then in this case? grin grin
I dont join words with juveniles, run along and go and play in the sand like kids of your age do!
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Kponkwem(m): 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nonsense, where will ur 100 million refugees come from? Igbos leaving south south means igbos will also leave south east. Yeyerity

Abagworo:

Most of you not old or experienced enough just think simplistically that a post disintegration period will be peaceful. That's impossible as there will be another polgrom in the North, abandoned property in the Southwest and free for all inter-ethnic battle in the Southern tip. Igbos will have to leave South-South, Southwest and North carrying their spare-parts and their mansions on their head. There will be total religious crisis in the North as well. Infact there will be a meaningless war that will lead to the highest number of refugees in human history with more than 100million refugees.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: I dont join words with juveniles, run along and go and play in the sand like kids of your age do!

A saying goes that Its the drowning man who catches at straws !!!

.....I'm not surprised though, that once you got hit by my question, all could do was resort to insult.

A drowned man you are........and actually a defeated one INDEED. ! grin
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nnewi1stSon: 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
St_Black:

A saying goes that Its the drowning man who catches at straws !!!

.....I'm not surprised though, that once you got hit by my question, all could do was resort to insult.

A drowned man you are........and actually a defeated one INDEED. ! grin
Iti boribo. What part of my post appeared 'insultive'? Like i said, i dont join words with juveniles and your taunts wont make me renage on that stance. Do have a splendid night. wink
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Iti boribo. What part of my post appeared 'insultive'? Like i said, i dont join words with juveniles and your taunts wont make me renage on that stance. Do have a splendid night. wink

I was about poisoning the tea. !...Why run like the lemming into the sea? grin

...Anyway, say Hi to the Mr Dumbazz for me. ! wink
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
LOL. Freaking clowns.
Those of u who think that if the country breaks up the SS and SE will be worse for it are clowns. Those of u hiding behind being Itshekiri online better open ur eyes.
One myopic clown will come here and be claiming that SS will start fighting among themselves, and that SE wont be access the sea because "they dont have negotiating skills". Yet he concedes sophistication to Hausas. And if asked he will say he is Itshekiri in d SS. Joker.
Whenever the country breaks, new alliances will be formed. The SE will be able to access the sea through many numerous channels if they want to. They will have allies. When this country breaks up is when u will know that people know hw to negotiate well. And the SS wont implode like u think. Agreements will be made easily.
Wake the fûck up.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by geeez: 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: LOL. Freaking clowns.
Those of u who think that if the country breaks up the SS and SE will be worse for it are clowns. Those of u hiding behind being Itshekiri online better open ur eyes.
One myopic clown will come here and be claiming that SS will start fighting among themselves, and that SE wont be access the sea because "they dont have negotiating skills". Yet he concedes sophistication to Hausas. And if asked he will say he is Itshekiri in d SS. Joker.
Whenever the country breaks, new alliances will be formed. The SE will be able to access the sea through many numerous channels if they want to. They will have allies. When this country breaks up is when u will know that people know hw to negotiate well. And the SS wont implode like u think. Agreements will be made easily.
Wake the fûck up.

Oya clap for yourself
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
Wake the fûck up.
LoL... Smhw I knw dz country won't break, all dz talks re just waste of time, also doz that keeps saying ss and se shit, one thing u need to knw is that there is a difference between, SE, IGBO land, BIAFRA, NIGER DELTA and SS,
Some ppl re just assuming that if dz country breaks d ENTIRE southsouth would from a republic called Niger delta,
One thing is that b4 dz republic is formed-
The Igbo's in the southsouth(Rivers/Delta/Edo) shud be ruled out i.e dz states wud be divided into 2.
The ppl of old calabar(akwa ibom and cross rivers) aint going with with any Niger delta republic, if u say u hate Biafra u better remove ur eyes from d ppl dat fought for it.
When we re done then d rest that wants to form der Niger delta republic is free to do so.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by wirinet(m): 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
Wake the fûck up.

You are so ignorant of the dynamics of politics in Nigeria that i feel pity for you. You are behaving like an illiterate village igboman, arrogant in his ignorance. If you have ever gone anywhere near the south south, you will know that hardly any two neighbouring tribes agree with each other. There is always acrimony between itsekiris and ijaws, itsekiris and urhobo, ijaws and all other reverine tribes in the Nigerdelta, even ogonis and its neighbouring andonis are always fighting. What is keeping everybody in check is big brother Nigeria. Remove big brother and you will see chaos. So expecting a united Nigerdelta republic comprising og the Benis, ijaw, urhobos, itsekiris, ogonis, andonis, kalabaris, isokos is going to be pure chaos.

Tell me when has the igbo throughout history formed any kind of alliance with anybody? The arrogance among your people makes you feel so superior that you feel you cannot concede to anybody else in the spirit of give and take. The ijaws you people are aligning with today were your so called traitors during the civil war, because they did not support you.

So please tell me your allies - both nationally and internationally. Are you people waiting the chaos to commence before you start forming alliances?

Look at even your neighbours - the idomas, the ikas, the ishans, etc, and even the Cameroonians, which ones can you build alliances with?

Present day Nigeria is like ancient Greece, if it breaks into pieces, you can only survive by building alliances.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
@wirinet
LOL. Now u are showing ur true color. Stop hiding.
By the way I am not Igbo. I am Olukumi. Ur stupidity is blinding u. U better open ur eyes.
The same ignorance u accuse me of is what makes u think the North will remain one solid entity if they dont have the south to contend with. U are dreaming. That is when u will know the difference between the Nupe and the Kanuri and the Hausas and others.
Just do the Itsekiris a favour and stop claiming u are part of them. That is all I ask. Be the Igbo-hater u are deep inside. I have no problem with that. The Igbos can come and answer u anytime.
Just stop telling us in the SS how to live.
I am not saying the country will break up. I dont care. But anyone who comes here saying the SS and SE will be worse off is a village clown.
The Efiks and Ibibios will be allies with the Igbos. The Aniomas of which my people are a minority among them will also be alies with Igbos. The Anioma and the Andonis are brothers. The Andonis claim they are Anioma. There are Igalas in Anioma too. By the time all is said and done, new stronger alliances would have been formed.
Even the Istekiri, Urhobo and Ijaw can learn to live together and share resources for mutual development. They will realise they need one another more for defence and human capital. A lot of possibilities. They will form alliances with the Edo and others. There are many descendants of Edos in Anioma too with ties that are yet to be forgotten. Some of the chiefs in my hometown used to help in the coronation of the Oba of Benin back in the day.
Until this country actually breaks, we cant say who will do better among the resulting parts.

LMAO wirinet the Istekiri. Freaking clown. We both know where u are from.

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Eziachi: 12:14am On Nov 28, 2013
If and when Nigeria decide to call it a day. I can promise you that the exercise won't be an experiment of something never done before. This is 21st century, not even the 20th century.

Those sharpening their throat on the sort of well stocked another man's electronic shop they will inherit or loot, should rather get a job now as that aren't going to happen.

Those calculating how much mansion they will inherit, should forget it as that will be part of your government reparation payment settlement.

Those hoping to see mass deportation of anyone to their village, I got news for you, there are 56 other Africa countries including Somalia.

Finally, life is not about bricks and mortar but good health is what matters. Once you are healthy and have life, you can replace whatever thing you lost in life by double digit. Life after the civil war thought everybody that lesson. We ALL started with N£20.00 as you well know, but by 1974, the same persons were buying houses of others who had it all, knocking it down and building the mansions, you are now eyeing up to inherit, then imagine what people can do with a million in their pocket instead of N£20?

Nigerian had lived and prospered before the marriage came along, so if in the end, confederation cannot be allowed to save Nigeria, they can prosper once again as partners rather than a marriage of suffocation. If the mighty Soviet can crumble within our very eyes and the earth did not shake, Nigeria can die without a whimper funeral. And five years later, it will be-Nigeria who?

3 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 28, 2013
^^Help me gist them abeg. All these people that are afraid of Nigeria breaking because they are afraid of change.
I dont care if Nigeria breaks or not. But I will rather it breaks now so we can create a better future.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by youngmonie: 12:47am On Nov 28, 2013
It not that hard, In the advent of Nigeria breaking up. Firstly there should be a proper census in each newly formed country, proper registration on indigenous citizens and immigrants. Immigrants with significant level of investment and contribution to the local economy may be allowed to stay if they so wish likewise those of them that are highly skilled in some certian aspects. The rest im sorry would have to be deported back to their country ......arewa republic, or People republic of Biafra.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by atlwireles: 1:48am On Nov 28, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: @wirinet
LOL. Now u are showing ur true color. Stop hiding.
By the way I am not Igbo. I am Olukumi. Ur stupidity is blinding u. U better open ur eyes.
The same ignorance u accuse me of is what makes u think the North will remain one solid entity if they dont have the south to contend with. U are dreaming. That is when u will know the difference between the Nupe and the Kanuri and the Hausas and others.
Just do the Itsekiris a favour and stop claiming u are part of them. That is all I ask. Be the Igbo-hater u are deep inside. I have no problem with that. The Igbos can come and answer u anytime.
Just stop telling us in the SS how to live.
I am not saying the country will break up. I dont care. But anyone who comes here saying the SS and SE will be worse off is a village clown.
The Efiks and Ibibios will be allies with the Igbos. The Aniomas of which my people are a minority among them will also be alies with Igbos. The Anioma and the Andonis are brothers. The Andonis claim they are Anioma. There are Igalas in Anioma too. By the time all is said and done, new stronger alliances would have been formed.
Even the Istekiri, Urhobo and Ijaw can learn to live together and share resources for mutual development. They will realise they need one another more for defence and human capital. A lot of possibilities. They will form alliances with the Edo and others. There are many descendants of Edos in Anioma too with ties that are yet to be forgotten. Some of the chiefs in my hometown used to help in the coronation of the Oba of Benin back in the day.
Until this country actually breaks, we cant say who will do better among the resulting parts.

LMAO wirinet the Istekiri. Freaking clown. We both know where u are from.

20 million gbosa for you.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by atlwireles: 1:56am On Nov 28, 2013
wirinet:

You are so ignorant of the dynamics of politics in Nigeria that i feel pity for you. You are behaving like an illiterate village igboman, arrogant in his ignorance. If you have ever gone anywhere near the south south, you will know that hardly any two neighbouring tribes agree with each other. There is always acrimony between itsekiris and ijaws, itsekiris and urhobo, ijaws and all other reverine tribes in the Nigerdelta, even ogonis and its neighbouring andonis are always fighting. What is keeping everybody in check is big brother Nigeria. Remove big brother and you will see chaos. So expecting a united Nigerdelta republic comprising og the Benis, ijaw, urhobos, itsekiris, ogonis, andonis, kalabaris, isokos is going to be pure chaos.

Tell me when has the igbo throughout history formed any kind of alliance with anybody? The arrogance among your people makes you feel so superior that you feel you cannot concede to anybody else in the spirit of give and take. The ijaws you people are aligning with today were your so called traitors during the civil war, because they did not support you.

So please tell me your allies - both nationally and internationally. Are you people waiting the chaos to commence before you start forming alliances?

Look at even your neighbours - the idomas, the ikas, the ishans, etc, and even the Cameroonians, which ones can you build alliances with?

Present day Nigeria is like ancient Greece, if it breaks into pieces, you can only survive by building alliances.

Liars like you need to look for a new postal code. Be proud of your origin as long as you stay far away from delta state. Stop trying to trash the tribes in the big heart state, all in your stupid attempt to prove your sophistication. We no dey kolo for delta.

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by dayokanu(m): 1:59am On Nov 28, 2013
Migration say wetin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Attempt To Woo Yoruba, Too Late – Afenifere / BREAKING: Boko Haram Backs Buhari For Presidency - The Nation / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Sick Buhari Cancel Kaduna Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.