Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,399 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? (18187 Views)

Arsenal Completes Signing Of Thierry Henry On Loan / Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Thierry Henry Officially The World's Best Player! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by kitaun(m): 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2006
HUCARSON

JUST CHECKED UP UR AGE AND I FOUND THAT THE WAY You WRITE IS JUST THE FUNCTION OF YOUR AGE, cool

LEARN TO COMMUNICATE BETTER tongue

SILLY slowpoke,You TALK ANYHOW embarassed,TURNING ALL THREADS You PARTICIPATE TO BEEF / HATE GROUNDS,

AINT GOT UR TIME[/b] tongue

WHO You WANNA DEAL WITH ? lipsrsealed

ASSHOLE shocked sad
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by sirwebs(m): 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2006
UNLESS THE FRENCH PLAY LIKE ARSENAL THEY WILL FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. AT ARSENAL ALL ATTACKS BEGIN TO END WITH ONE AIM, AT HENRY'S FEET. SO ALL THE 'STARS' OF LES BLUES MUST SWALLOW THEIR PRIDE AND CHANNEL ALL ATTACK TO AND THROUGH HENRY.

PS: WHO DOES MALOUDA THINK HE IS, SHOOTING AIMLESSLY FROM DISTANCE INSTEAD OF GIVING HENRY THE BALL. THANK GOODNESS ZIZOU IS SUSPENDED. HE HAS LOST 'IT'.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by moyoct14(m): 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2006
You can call a top-class striker a mediocre if he's averaging one goal in 2games for his country can't you?
And to Davidylan, Rijkaard surely knew Henry's worth when he offered Arsenal £50m!
Does that make any sense at all? Ask Eto'o, and he'll tell you that he's no better striker than Igwe!
People can be extremely funny, how can one possibly compare Torres to Henry? How many goals did he score for Athletico last season? What's is average per game for his country? And how often does he bring others into play? Watch games, check records and judge reasonably b4 coming here.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by GUNNER(f): 11:40pm On Jun 21, 2006
Thank u O Jare! wink grin cool
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by hucarson(m): 2:00am On Jun 22, 2006
@ Kitaun,
Its so unfortunate that u actually pulled me back into this saga. I am a man of ma words and i'm gon' make u a scape-goat to teach u and other fcukeries some lessons.
What makes u feel ur age makes u more intelligent than me? Going by ur theory, I think Methuselah must be the most intelligent man in the world.
Why don't cha go to religious houses to preach RESPECT? How many times do u want to be told that peopz r free to post on this thread irrespective of age, sex, religion and race?
Its obvious ur imbecility has beclouded ur senses and u suffer a strange illness diagnosed as Diarrhoea of the mouth. This is why ur mouth's been running endlessly like a stream of sh1t.

The dictionary defines intelligence as the capacity to acquire and apply knowledge and i think u r miles away from this quality.
Ya comments are too watery and dull it sometimes makes me think u are simply too weak-minded to co-ordinate ur senses together. U remind me of a mongolian idiot.
I don't care how old u are, buster. Let ur age speak for itself and stop displaying ur sheer stupidity on NL.
U r just a waste of space and a worthless human-mutt.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by otolorin(m): 9:26am On Jun 22, 2006
moyoct14:

You can call a top-class striker a mediocre if he's averaging one goal in 2games for his country can't you?
And to Davidylan, Rijkaard surely knew Henry's worth when he offered Arsenal £50m!
Does that make any sense at all? Ask Eto'o, and he'll tell you that he's no better striker than Igwe!
People can be extremely funny, how can one possibly compare Torres to Henry? How many goals did he score for Athletico last season? What's is average per game for his country? And how often does he bring others into play? Watch games, check records and judge reasonably before coming here.

word!!!

thank goodness there are people who can contribute to this thread without sum silly hatred and sting s of an injured mind.

moyoct14, thanks for that post, its a fact that has been refused to be accepted by many
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by hucarson(m): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2006
Rijkaard offered Arsenal £50m for a 29 yr old Henry?
Pls. stop mis-informing the public. The £50m u read about were just speculations and was never confirmed.
Henry has no 2nd hand value and no one will offer £50m for a commodity like that. Get that into ur greasy heads.

Dont let us shy away from the topic.
Henry's performances for France has been disappointing by Henry's own standards at the Premiership. He always struggle to make impact in games outside the Premiership.
Lets forget about building teams around him or around Zizou.
Henry panics at the big stage.
End of story.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by babwilms(m): 10:50am On Jun 22, 2006
@Hucarson. So you are now calling us all greasy heads, just because we are on the opposition side to ur views. This needs to stop, its not healthy. We are only giving our views, but you have started calling us names. Not that we can't call u names as well.

Lets get back to the topic.

I do agree with u to some extent on the Henry not performing well enough when it comes to big stages. But you still cannot deny the fact, that Henry is the best out their in the world right now. Yes i mean that. Some might say Dinho.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by hucarson(m): 11:46am On Jun 22, 2006
U reckon?
Henry must prove that to me in this on-going mundial that he is the best.
France should hold Henry responsible if they fail to make the second round because he would have constituted himself a national deception.
Thierry Henry cannot continue to deceive the whole populace of France every time he wears the blue shirt. This deception must stop.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by mukina2: 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2006
you people must stop this its just football please i wish akola was here
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Christino(m): 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2006
hucarson:

Rijkaard offered Arsenal £50m for a 29 yr old Henry?
Please. stop mis-informing the public. The £50m u read about were just speculations and was never confirmed.
Henry has no 2nd hand value and no one will offer £50m for a commodity like that. Get that into your greasy heads.

And how much did chelsea pay for Old Shevy?

hucarson:

U reckon?
Henry must prove that to me in this on-going mundial that he is the best.
France should hold Henry responsible if they fail to make the second round because he would have constituted himself a national deception.
Thierry Henry cannot continue to deceive the whole populace of France every time he wears the blue shirt. This deception must stop.

Kezman, Milosevic & Drogba must be killed as well and if Sir Del Piero and Shevchenko or even Toni fail to meet expectation, they must face the firing squad too grin
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by kitaun(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2006
@hucarson,

I will be disrespecting myself,my age and other Nairaland users by exchanging further disses with u,so we could as well make up but on d condition that u promise to behave yourself when responding to fellow Nairaland users or making uncomplimentary comments about Nairaland users even if u don't agree with da own standpoint.
is that ok
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by debosky(m): 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2006
hucarson is obviously a henry hater

for all your RVN claims (he is an excellent player anyday by the way)

has he ever been nominated for fifa player of the year?

henry is a total footballer, he scores, he creates he entertains. I agree he hasn't been as prolific for france as he has for arsenal, but that is down sipmly to tactics. he is one of the best if not the best complete striker in the world right now. don't worry he's scored now hasn't he? good thing zidane isn't playing the next game, y'all are going to be shut up once and for all
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by hucarson(m): 8:56am On Jun 23, 2006
@ debosky,
Arsenal fans will always cook up theories to save Henry's butt.
I cannot believe u think Zidane undermines Henry's performance.
Lets not forget Zidane did not feature in the 1st 2 games at the last world cup. What did Henry make out of it? Nuthing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its not about tactics my friend. Its all about discipline and hard work.
Henry is a national deception and it bugs me when people think he deserves to be named world footballer of the year.
He does not even deserve to be named French player of the year with his shambolic performance.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by otolorin(m): 9:04am On Jun 23, 2006
i cant imagine we still go on like this

zidane undermining henry, henry being shambolic for france

whatever!

this is a forum where every1 has the rights to express his/her own views abt the issue

if we've all, (i mean all sayin henry is a great striker, )+ wenger (who says french coach is wrong by playin henry as a lone striker) and bbc (whose agreed with wenger's view) have not succesfully changed hucs perception of the striker.,.,. then he should be left alone!

thats what i think!
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Jackal(m): 9:15am On Jun 23, 2006
@ Otolorin,
With all due respect, I think Arsene is a fool for saying the French coach is wrong.
What was Wenger's tactics in the UEFA champions league that pushed Arsenal all the way to the finals?
Was it not the same 4-5-1 formation? Henry all alone as a lone striker?

Please, There's nuthing wrong with the tactics. Its the players that are complacent not the formation.
If Henry had taken all his chances against Korea then BBC and Arsene will not be saying heresys and bullsh*t.
It's going to be a big ASK but i think France will do better if Henry does not start.
Saha and Trezeguet will offer more than Henry @ this mundial.
No striker in this world cup plays the same formation he plays in his club.
Every striker has to adapt with different tactics and formation so i dunno the fuss about Henry.
Is he the only one faced with this change?
Lets call a spade a spade.
Henry does not live to expectation on the big arena.
Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by otolorin(m): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2006
thats your thinking! - no 1 is gonna arrest you for expressing yourself tongue tongue
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by seeker(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2006
The reason why 4-5-1 could work for Arsenal and not for France, is simply swift counter-attacking. Have you seen any evidence of that in this French team?
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Christino(m): 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2006
Its annoying when Kanu goes back to west brom and comes back empty handed, yet when he comes home, he turns the game around even as a sub and wins the game for the country. (He's better on the bench in Nigeria) - How do we explain that to Robson?

When Yak nets almost 20 goals a season and comes home to shake his butt for Nigeria (Kanu's reverse), how do we explain that to Christian Chukwu?

When Del Piero nets all the goals in the world and his country are yet to see a replica of 94 Baggio, how do we explain that to Trappatoni?

Agree with me that Hakan Sukur was a flop in the last world cup and I do not know how to explain how Ibrahimovic delivered little to talk about. Not so many players prove their ability in both places, club and country.

My explanation for Nigerians is that most of our players play their hearts out for their club but for NFA - who cares? I dunno if this applies to other countries too but your country can't pay you as much as your club does and that's why most players retire from international football yet play for like 15 more years for their club (ASK BABAYARO grin)
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by otolorin(m): 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2006
Christino:

I don't know if this applies to other countries too but your country can't pay you as much as your club does and that's why most players retire from international football yet play for like 15 more years for their club (ASK BABAYARO grin)

yes, or better still ask alan shearer
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Christino(m): 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2006
Oto, have you noticed that we do not use Kanu as a 9 in Nigeria, whereas, Robson and his predecessor were so greedy, they put him in front of the goalie, dat's why he did not score, do we call that an excuse. Even in Arsenal, he wasn't a nine, check out Inter and Ajax as well, and finally, Nigeria. How do we explain that to his coach, all he has to say is Kanu is not scoring and I tell you, that is the striker I fear most in my life after Rivaldo.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by ababoy1(m): 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2006
I will love to see the stats that back this up, (Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments?), and maybe compare it with other great players
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by shango(m): 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2006
it is very VERY simple. France is a mediocre team. In Arsenal he has world class supporting players. France's National team on the other hand is a different matter. Just because France won the cup once due mainly to home advantage and alot of luck does not put them up there with the likes of Brazil and Germany. Thierry Henry is undisputably one of the top 5 strikers in the world but strikers are nothing without good playmakers. Ronaldinho and Robinho feed Ronaldo to do his thing, throw Ronaldo in the French team and he will be close to useless. You can place yourself in open spaces in football but if noone feeds you the ball how do you score.

France is overrated and it would not suprise me in the least if they do no tmake it to the 2nd round
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by c0dec(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2006
shango:

it is very VERY simple. France is a mediocre team. In Arsenal he has world class supporting players. France's National team on the other hand is a different matter.

well shevchenko still scores for both club and country.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Christino(m): 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2006
that ball was made with fufu shocked, worse than fifanova, that's why key players have not delivered, they are getting used to it grin
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by debosky(m): 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2006
Thierry Henry: 3 games, 2 goals. let the haters continue to hate
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by mukina2: 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2006
[color=#000099]theirry henry scored again!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Christino(m): 11:30pm On Jun 23, 2006
abi o
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Shagari2(m): 11:49pm On Jun 23, 2006
Henry was fab today! think they should keep Trezeguet but Zidane needs to rest.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by hucarson(m): 8:12am On Jun 24, 2006
@ debosky and mukina2,
If Henry cannot score against Togo then SHAME on him.

France played extremely well yesterday, Vieira + Trezeguet were simply outstanding.
Its a bit foggy to judge France based on that performance cos Togo aint a competition at all.
I wanna see the french square up against Spain. Its gonna be juicy.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Christino(m): 9:12am On Jun 24, 2006
Ah, me i want Spain 2 win o, even if Henry scores a hatrick against them, we have 2 win d world cup ah ah, since when sef.
Re: Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? by Shagari2(m): 10:38am On Jun 24, 2006
Love les Bleus, but think Spain will be their nemesis this year, but you never know!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Southampton Vs Arsenal (1 - 1) On 23rd October 2022 / Tottenham Vs Liverpool : All You Need To Know About Champions League Final / PSG Vs Juventus UCL (2 - 1) On 6th September 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.