Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,237 members, 7,839,258 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation (12150 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano / Army Installs 7.5MVA Power Substation In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by solomon111(m): 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
taharqa: This is an FG's project, not that of Anambra State (strictly speaking).

And this is a Transmission substation (with Associated Transmission Lines), not a Distribution substation.

It is one of the ongoing commissioning of complted NIPP Project (Generation, Transmission, Distribution) nationwide.
NIPP commissioned 7 of of such projects in Lagos about a week ago (b4 then they were at Jos and Ibadan) http://www.zimbio.com/Nigeria+Today/articles/NzATHpLW2IG/Ndphc+Commissions+Seven+Projects+Lagos. They moved to Anambra, and I think Enugu, after that. And yesterday, they commissioned another 7 of such Projects in Kano http://naija247news.com/2013/11/20/ndphc-hands-7-injection-substations-kano-electricity-distribution-company/#sthash.LDPBXGOT.dpbs.

I read somewhere that they intend to inaugurate about 100 of such Power Projects across the nation before year end, including the EXTREMELY CRITICAL Ikot Ekpene-New Haven Enugu-Markudi-Jos 4 to 8 phase Transmission Line. Some of the 8 Remaining Power Generating Stations should also be commissioned by the President himself b4 year end.

As the MD of NPDCH/NIPP recently said: It is Commissioning Galore.

I thought as much.
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
taharqa: This is an FG's project, not that of Anambra State (strictly speaking).

And this is a Transmission substation (with Associated Transmission Lines), not a Distribution substation.

It is one of the ongoing commissioning of complted NIPP Project (Generation, Transmission, Distribution) nationwide.
NIPP commissioned 7 of of such projects in Lagos about a week ago (b4 then they were at Jos and Ibadan) http://www.zimbio.com/Nigeria+Today/articles/NzATHpLW2IG/Ndphc+Commissions+Seven+Projects+Lagos. They moved to Anambra, and I think Enugu, after that. And yesterday, they commissioned another 7 of such Projects in Kano http://naija247news.com/2013/11/20/ndphc-hands-7-injection-substations-kano-electricity-distribution-company/#sthash.LDPBXGOT.dpbs.

I read somewhere that they intend to inaugurate about 100 of such Power Projects across the nation before year end, including the EXTREMELY CRITICAL Ikot Ekpene-New Haven Enugu-Markudi-Jos 4 to 8 phase Transmission Line. Some of the 8 Remaining Power Generating Stations should also be commissioned by the President himself b4 year end.

Even if Its a Federal Gov Proj, was it commissioned at Lagos or Oyo state....na waoo for Ndi ofu Obi alias Ofemmanus

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Kingsley1000(m): 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Is his obligation,no credit for him doing it,if 'm in his position,i would have done more sophisticated one for every community in the state
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by obayaya(m): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
Kingsley1000: Is his obligation,no credit for him doing it,if 'm in his position,i would have done more sophisticated one for every community in the state

with the 1,348.50 Naira in your first bank account ba? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
geeez:

A sub station is still not a power plant

If it is I'd like to know the power generation (not transmission or distribution) capacity of this station

There goes another ignorant one

who has called it a power plant in this thread?
And when are all those proposed projects in sw coming to actualization?
I know u as the announcer of projects that just left the mouth of politicians and not yet on paper sef.
Ur gullibility worse pass.
Onye ori.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by patriotic007: 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
There is a silent but strategic revolution going on in our power sector but the media seem to turn a blind eye at it because it is been controled by the opposition,....Like my people always say,..'you cant hide the sun'

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by bestview: 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
Anambra adi go nma..
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by yang(m): 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
powersunny: When is this country going to develop for God's sake? Why must they install analogue power control panels instead of digital ones in this 21st century. I am so sure the contract amount will be x10 of the cost of installing modern versions.

Men. . . As soon as I see the 1952 multimeter, I know say na indian do the job. Give this thing to germans. . . The engr wey supervise the job for govt fit be all this olden days engr. There are actually new ways of doing old things. A siemens sentron PAC 3200 will measure anything real time and carry it via ethernet to a microsoft terminal software display it on an LG 60" LED screen so the operator can drink coffee while monitoring. I sure say na tap changer transformer go dey there. Have u seen the schneider Bus couplers that are remotely charged and released . . . .Naija dey far bro.
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by crackhouse(m): 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
ak47mann: okwute is a performer cool saw it on NTA news the other day.He is a silent achiever, but why concentrate only in awka?onitsha and Nnewi need more MW than awka....
can u shut your trap. is it Obi that constructed it?.
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by ccollins(m): 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
Keneking: My people in Umuleri - Ikenga Umudiani does not have light since Year 2012 in Anambra State.

May God punish the government of the state.

Hope okwute reads this. tongue tongue
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by bisi16(m): 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
bestview: Light situation in Awka and environs stands at the moment up to 20hrs a day.
Blatant lie!
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Perfectwazobia: 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Educate them FG/State/LG project. People in this nation called Nigeria are gullible...No apology if we can be celebrating this! UAE and China are making remarkable success IS THERE A CURSE ON NIGERIA?

Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by ennecco: 12:31am On Nov 22, 2013
thank God we are moving forward. learn how to appreciate another person effort
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Abidx22(m): 6:05am On Nov 22, 2013
Thumbs up
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 22, 2013
I don't need to be an engineer to know that the world has moved past analog switches.

Bokoharam/militants and every other terrorist organisations in Nigeria are cowards.

Why can't you use your terrorising power to nuke these wicked politicians out instead of harassing innocent Nigerians?

God too is a toothless bull dog and a coward for reaping Nigerians off of billions even trillions of Naira daily yet cannot save his people from the wickedness of these politicians, despite incessant prayers.

I wish we had guns in Nigeria so that we can take our destiny in our own hands.
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 22, 2013
Everyday should be election season. Because thats when all the work seems to get done. Lol. #justSaying oh grin
Re: Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation by Chimeluv(f): 11:09am On Nov 22, 2013
i hope it works after some months cos the udoka estate water scheme after it was comissioned in 2011 till today can't pump water through the pipes laid there. Substandard Gov. Peter angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senators, Reps Shy Away From Asset Disclosure - Daily Trust / The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment / Marketers Shutting Down Due To High Petrol Price —DAPPMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.