Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup (11094 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Coolboi05(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ppl calling 4 d lyks of alampasu,muhammed,iheanacho etc na world cup b dis o...imagine messi,balotelli,cristiano, nd d rest firing our dear alampasu...under 20 dey wayt 4 dem..
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Sike(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
Whatever. However. We sha must reach Semi-final. Thatzall !
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by emmydee(m): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
The present crop of players may not win a match in Brazil. Keshi must inject some new blood including joel obi and some U-17 players.we shld stop deceiving keshi.some of the goals our eagles miss can b scored by my pregnant wife. We must beef up our world cup squad.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by emmydee(m): 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
Jarus: your forward is a joke. This is world cup. Isaac Success and Ihenacho are not proven. This is not under-17. This is World cup
[quote author=Jarus]

yes.they will b tried at next yr's CHAN in South Africa. After that we will then knw if they shld b included. Experienced players without required skills wil take us nowhere. Hope u know.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Hemanwel(m): 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
I think it's just way too early to talk about a possible World Cup squad now.
As far as I knw,there are lot of players who are still too naive to be in the SE, let alone making the final world cup team.Keshi knws that.And he is just on the look-out for more players.
I wont be surprised if 30% of the current players dont eventually make it.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by davywillis: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
CFCfan: Mine would be as follows:

GKs: Enyeama, Ejide, Agbim

Defenders: Efe Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo, Echiejile, Benjamin Francis, Egwuekwe, Yobo.

Midfielders: Mikel Obi, Onazi, John Ogu, Nosa Igiebor, Haruna Lukman, Ramon Azeez.

Forwards: Emenike, Moses, Ameobi, Dike, Nsofor, Musa, Ezekiel Imoh.

Sorry I think you're correct
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by cfc: 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
obo_man: Based on our performances in South Africa, our qualifiers and friendlies, here is my 23-man team I think Keshi should take to the world cup...

Goalkeepers : Vincent Enyeama, Austin Ejide and Dele Alampasu (under 17)

Defenders: Efe Ambrose, Godfrey Oboabona, Elderson Echiejile, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Kenneth Omeruo, John Ogu, Benjamin Francis

midfielders : Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Sunday Mba,Victor Moses,Reuben Gabriel, Kelechi Iheanacho ( our wizzkid), and Nosa Igiebor

Strikers: Shola Ameobi, Bright Dike, Emmanuel Emenike, Sone Aluko ( if he is fit in time) , Osaze and Ahmed Musa.

Bright Dike is begging to be among our 23 because he has been amazing in the two games he has played for Nigeria. He scored in those 2 games. He is also big and powerful and should be a potent threat in Brazil... Victor Moses and Osaze supplying both Ameobi and Dike them crosses should be an anticipatory prospect.

Most people aren't a fan of Ahmed Musa but this dude has speed. Most defenders struggle against fast players, so it's worth having him in our armory. The only thing letting him down is the final pass. Theo was like that years ago, so with proper training and proper getting 'used' to his team, he should improve...

Kelechi ( under 17)..... Why not? He plays in a matured way and possesses some killer skills. His understanding of the game is also outstanding. You don't catch the eyes of Man U and Arsenal being an average player...

Osaze... Yes, Osaze should be brought back... I would prefer him to someone like Brown Idaye or Oduamadi that are goal shy or can't remember where the net is... Idaye and Oduamadi had terrible games in the confed cup, hence will only be liabilities.

Sone Aluko is doing well for Hull until that Injury. He is fast and has some good trickery. He also has a wonderful left foot.

Mikel Obi is a very good interceptor of the ball and can make vital tackles. He can be very slow at times and his passes can sometimes be awful but I'm still his fan regarding how he breaks down opponent's momentum.

What do you think? Name yours and say your reasons..

The Uche brothers nko? Biko abeg
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by fisko(m): 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
GOAL-KEEPERS..ENYEAMA,EJIDE,AGBIM..DEFENDERS..YOBO,OMERUO,OBOABONA,ECHIEJELE,EGUEWEKE,AMBROSE,FRANCIS BENJAMIN..MIDFIELDERS....MIKEL,ONAZI,OGU,MBA,HARUNA...ATTACKERS....EMENIKE,MOSES,MUSA,AMOEBI,IK-UCHE,DIKE AND OSAZE
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by DCTrendy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
I am shocked to be seeing yobo's name here.

Why re pple rolling with short memory like this nah? Try yobo @ d back again n see a basket of deadly mistakes.

Yobo and ideye re no no.

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by mickkywatsnaira(m): 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
Pls Musa and Ideye should not be looked at when picking players for the mundial,Iheanacho 10 is better dan any creative meidfider in current S/E squad if der is one.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Anvaller: 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
The kind of selections I am seeing here have actually shown that there is now way Keshi will satisfy most ppl on NL. There are bunch of players being mentioned that can never make it considering many factors. I also see sentiment in some selections.

Concerning Ideye, unfortunately that guy will likely make world cup cos I guess Keshi likes him plus he is not so much a bad player if he is only going to assist. Just don't use him as a top striker. Oduamadi might not make it, he is bad at every thing, he assists poorly and he has no finishing.

Please forget guys like Yobo, Osaze, Iheanacho and co. I freak out when I see those names. Guys like Iheanacho, Alampasu could be tried out at the next AFCON. This is world cup pls we can only try young players if we had a team as strong as Spain, Brazil or Germany.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
Too early to pick 23 players for a competition that is more than six months to this time.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by obeski13(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
Selecting 23 players for world cup now is a difficult task.i will rather point out d weak link in d team..our right full back is d weakest link in d defence,hence d inclusion of Yobn to man d side, if he is in form..another problem area is the midfield.d only player that has d semblance of a true midfielder is Onazi..without mincing word Mikel is d greatest problem Keshi is having in dat midfield.MIKEL IS NOT EFFECTIVE EITHER AS AN OFÈNSIVE OR DEFENSIVE midfielder.when u play mikel as an offensive midfielder, he often hold on to d ball for too long several times thereby frusting most of d attacking moves..also he contributes nothing defensively.when u play Mikel as a defensive player, he only mark space.he doesnt go for tacles to win ball,he doesnt cover up for other players.it is Onayi that has been doing most of d running in d midfield.that was why when Mba was introduced frm quater finals at d Nations cup, we had a very strong midfield..he is also a good ball tackler.and he moves wit d ball well.i will suggest we invite Haruna lukmon, raymond azeez and iheanacho. As for d attack, musa shld be dropped to d bench.while Osaze shld be given a chance...my problem wit moses is that he doesnt play to instruction.most times he play to d gallery..
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by obeski13(m): 11:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
If we can get d right cord in d midfield, then we may go far...in d attack, Osaze is a key player becos of his versatillity..as long as keshi sticks to 4-3-3 formation,ik uche may not av a place in dat team.is is becos d 3 attackers in 4-3-3 formation do a lot of hard work.they fall back often to take d ball frm d midfield before moving forward.hence d need for fast and strong strikers.since ik uche cupped d injury dat laid him off for several months, he has adopted a cautious style of play which is not suitable for 4 3 3. .
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Vinsaint(m): 4:14am On Nov 25, 2013
Eejaaa...c keshi don lose job ooh!
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Ndjones(m): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2013
Internet coaches
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Murphydready(m): 8:26am On Nov 25, 2013
Itoroetti :

It shouldn't annoy u.ronaldo de lima went to usa 94 at 17 yrs.
And wot did he do. Did play any match. He didn't partake because romario ws there.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by larimo(m): 8:34am On Nov 25, 2013
Goalkeepers : Enyeama, Ejide, Agbim
Defenders: Ambrose, Oboabona, Echiejile, Egwuekwe, Omeruo, Francis
Midfielders : Obi, Onazi, Mba, Moses, Iheanacho, Igiebor, Ogu
Strikers: Ameobi, Dike, Emenike, Ideye, Aluko, Ike, Musa.

This is my tentative list. Our challenge has been a game changer from the bench, hence the inclusion of Iheanacho.
Ike is finding form again and has a good spirit
Francis is a back up to Echiejile
Omeruo can be a backup to Ambrose if needed
Mba is living on ACN glory but his form of late is worrying and may not make it
Dike is a bright prospect and is hungry
Amoebi is an experienced player
Aluko is the hub at his club Hull and could be a substitute for Moses
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Bome01(m): 8:57am On Nov 25, 2013
I think it's too early to name the players that will rep the SE at world cup considering different factors like performances, discipline, injuries so i feel this topic is not ripe for frontpage!
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by dozzygr8(m): 9:31am On Nov 25, 2013
safarigirl: he's not going to have to kick a ball except absolutely necessary. He's just going for a feeler, so except the legs of the first and second 11 forwards have all been injured, I don't see him ever having to kick a ball the entire time. No two people are the same, don't compare Iheanacho to Opabunmi, you don't know his capabilities yet, he could just pull off a surprise. To succeed, one must learn to take risks
Oga, we need players that will compete 4 shirts nt bench warmers. Competition wil give rooms 4 players development.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by adrainuche(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2013
GK- Enyeama
Ejide
Agbim
MD - john ogu
Haruna
Onazi
Joel obi
Mikel
Ihenacho
Igiebor
FW - Emenike
Osazee
Moses
Dike
Ik uche
Others - Musa
Aluko
Sucess Issac or Awoniyi
UMERUO
Obabona
Echijelle
Ambrose
Taiwo
Musa Mohammed
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by 9icegee: 9:51am On Nov 25, 2013
somr ppl can be quite funny at times...do u know how many man of the match displays mikel has won thru out our qualifiers? u can clearly c tht its only u tht has a beaf with mikel. every other person includes him. so pls save the jealousy and concentrate on the perfomance ok? every one knws onazi is on top form, but how can u say such things u did abt mikel, probably judging on the last game against ethiopia in our last qualifier, a game we ddnt have to run around, sice we had d cat in the bag already? ha! some ppl just have short memories. com on man, we need mikel in tht squad more than every other person and every one else knws tht except u, for PERSONAL reasons best knwn to u
obeski13: Selecting 23 players for world cup now is a difficult task.i will rather point out d weak link in d team..our right full back is d weakest link in d defence,hence d inclusion of Yobn to man d side, if he is in form..another problem area is the midfield.d only player that has d semblance of a true midfielder is Onazi..without mincing word Mikel is d greatest problem Keshi is having in dat midfield.MIKEL IS NOT EFFECTIVE EITHER AS AN OFÈNSIVE OR DEFENSIVE midfielder.when u play mikel as an offensive midfielder, he often hold on to d ball for too long several times thereby frusting most of d attacking moves..[b]also he contributes nothing defensively.when u play Mikel as a defensive player, he only mark space.he doesnt go for tacles to win ball,he doesnt cover up for other players.[/b]it is Onayi that has been doing most of d running in d midfield.that was why when Mba was introduced frm quater finals at d Nations cup, we had a very strong midfield..he is also a good ball tackler.and he moves wit d ball well.i will suggest we invite Haruna lukmon, raymond azeez and iheanacho. As for d attack, musa shld be dropped to d bench.while Osaze shld be given a chance...my problem wit moses is that he doesnt play to instruction.most times he play to d gallery..
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by humberjade: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2013
For those calling for the inclusion of those victorious Under 17 guys, I think they would have their chance to prove to Keshi during the 2014 CHAN Tourney I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ SA that they deserve to be on the plane to Brazil 2014. Having said that, I would go for the following players:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama, Austin Ejide, Agbim (or Alampasu shld he perform at CHAN 2014)

Defenders: Omeruo, Oboabona, Ambrose, Echiejile, Musa Mohammed (he plays like Jodi Alba), Taye Taiwo, Onouha (if available)

Midfielders: Onazi, Nosa Igeibor, Moses, Mikel Obi, John ogu , Mikel Obi, Haruna Lukman or Iheanacho (inclusion dependent on CHAN performance ),

Strikers: Emenike, Odemwinge, Ike Uche, Ameobi, Musa and Dike or Nsofor (or Nwofor should be re-invited he played well and scored a wonderful goal against SA )
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by fogunloto: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
Goalkeepers : Vincent Enyeama, Austin Ejide and Dele Alampasu (under 17)

Defenders: Efe Ambrose, Godfrey Oboabona, Elderson Echiejile, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Kenneth Omeruo, John Ogu, Benjamin Francis

midfielders : Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Sunday Mba,Victor Moses,kalu Uche, Ogude and Nosa Igiebor

Strikers: Shola Ameobi, Bright Dike, Emmanuel Emenike, Ike Uche Obinna Nsofor and Ahmed Musa.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Iyineda(m): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
Livinus.c:
Australia,, Austrian should refer as an indigen living there.

What the actual fvck? LOL

Austria (Europe) --> Austrian
Australia (Oceania) --> Australian

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by emudiagaebbah: 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
emudiaga ebbah: 1. Vincent Enyeama.
2. Danny Shitu
3. Ambrose Efe
4. Taiye Taiwo
5. Sam Sodje
6. Omereo
7. Osaze
8 Eminike
9. Dike Bright
10. Ameobi .S.
11. Victor Moses
12. Austin Ejide
13. Lukman Haruna
14. Mikel Obi
15. Yaro Yaro
16 . Rabiu Ibrahim
17. Obafemi Matins
18. Onazi
19. Sunday Mba
20. Joel Obi
21. Agbim
22. Obechei B.
23. Sunday Iyonbe

team that would win the world cup.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by iamdsam: 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
.I pray for Keshi to select the best. He should fish out some players in the team and also bring back some players to the team.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by horlatee(m): 10:32am On Nov 26, 2013
Keshi shld invite players base on their current form

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confederation Cup: Dana Air Flies Akwa United As Team Heads To Tunisia / The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? / Nigeria Vs Mexico: 2022 International Friendly Sat 28th May, time: Midnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.