Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! (962 Views)

See What This Oyinbo Tweeted About Nigeria While The President Was In USA (foto) / President Buhari's 90 Yr Old Supporter Returns From Medical Trip Abroad ..photos / Patience Jonathan Returns To Abuja From Medical Trip - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by onomeasike: 11:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
I struggled with the misplaced priority of Jonathan choosing to attend the meeting with honorary investment advisers (whatever that body means, I'm yet to understand) instead of presenting the 2014 national budget to the Nigerian national Assembly .This did not come to me as a surprise, afterall, last week, he chose the anambra pdp campaign over the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting! !!
I know Jonathan government does not even respect the National Assembly (check out the Legion of passed bills and resolution he has ignored) and the penchant of Nigerian leaders(even Jonathan's wife) to prefer overseas medical care over our terrible healthcare sector, I immediately conclude that the official trip is a smokescreen or decoy by the President to get overseas medical care. This president is so untrustworthy and I am yet to see any sincerity by the Jonathan's administration.
Re: It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by divatosin(f): 12:04am On Nov 22, 2013
Op, your bias and hatred for President Goodluck jonathan is poorly veiled. At this rate, you may hug a transformer when you see him back in a few days time.
What do you mean by decoy? Didn't you see pictures of the president cutting his birthday cake in company of family members before he left for London? Must you spin rubbish?

And who told you it's because of Ill health that he abandoned presenting his budget before NASS? Don't say what you don't know. NASS members were given more time to reach a consensus on the Medium term Expenditure Framework(MTEF) that usually precedes the budget. The senate and house of reps needed more time to harmonise on the MTEF.

It is not also true that president Jonathan gives faint regard to bills passed by NASS. Mentionnone bill that President has refused to assent.
It is even the other way around. President Jonathan has on his own forwarded several executive bills before NASS and the lawmakers are yet to pass it. They include the National health bill. Petroluem industry Bill, Anti tobacco bill etc.

These bills were packaged by Jonathan led Exco and forwarded to NASS but they are yet to pass them

9 Likes

Re: It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by Zutchy: 12:13am On Nov 22, 2013
onomeasike: I struggled with the misplaced priority of Jonathan choosing to attend the meeting with honorary investment advisers (whatever that body means, I'm yet to understand) instead of presenting the 2014 national budget to the Nigerian national Assembly .This did not come to me as a surprise, afterall, last week, he chose the anambra pdp campaign over the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting! !!
I know Jonathan government does not even respect the National Assembly (check out the Legion of passed bills and resolution he has ignored) and the penchant of Nigerian leaders(even Jonathan's wife) to prefer overseas medical care over our terrible healthcare sector, I immediately conclude that the official trip is a smokescreen or decoy by the President to get overseas medical care. This president is so untrustworthy and I am yet to see any sincerity by the Jonathan's administration.

You think you made sense but you ended up advertising your stupidity on Nairaland. whats your business with the president's itineary?
Common sense should tell you that GEJ can present his budget at any time but he can't fix the investment meeting in London at any time so he would rather go for the investment meeting in London first. You don't know what the investments honorary advisers is, yet you went on the roof top criticising and calling it a misplaced priority. Do you see how underestimated your f.oolishness on this platform has become? Do you just see?

5 Likes

Re: It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by Arobam: 12:23am On Nov 22, 2013
onomeasike:

See beef. Guy take am easy abeg. Stop hating. There is nothing in this London trip that should warrant this level of hairsplitting and tearing of your boxers. Mr president didn't go for medical trip to London. Get that into your dumb skull. He went for an investment meeting and fell Sick just like every normal human being could. Jonathan is not a super human. He can fall sick at anytime.
Re: It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by uzomagic(m): 12:48am On Nov 22, 2013
Our health sector may not be in a state of eldorado and may not compare with what is available in advanced countries but it is not as bad and gloomy as some critics like this OP may paint of it.
There is no major federal university teaching hospital that has not received upgrade and refurbishment since Goodluck came in as president. It is not true that our hospitals are getting worse either.

If you go to jos, you will see the new permanent complex and facilities at the Jos university teaching hospital (JUTH). They have installed a dialysis centre for treatment of kidney failure an all. There's a new trauma management centre in National Hospital Abuja. I went to see someone at the Asokoro general hospital and you can't help but notice the refurbishment that the hospital has received under the present administration.

Few days ago, it was widely reported in the media that Dr Wada has successfully handled three kidney transplants in the hospital courtesy of the new equipment installed and dialysis center. The same applies to UBTH as my friend who is a resident doctor there can attest to the new cancer center in UBTH including rehabilitation of the hospital.
We know we are not there but lets acknowledge significant improvements that this govt has made in the health sector

1 Like

Re: It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by olumidazz: 12:49am On Nov 22, 2013
Abeg how can I apply to be a member of this jonathan's 40 men laptop gang, seems to be a viable means of livelihood now, I hear application is directly to Okupe's office no interview no screening, pay is also mouthwatering.

2 Likes

Re: It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by Bukkyade: 12:56am On Nov 22, 2013
uzomagic: Our health sector may not be in a state of eldorado and may not compare with what is available in advanced countries but it is not as bad and gloomy as some critics like this OP may paint of it.
There is no major federal university teaching hospital that has not received upgrade and refurbishment since Goodluck came in as president. It is not true that our hospitals are getting worse either.

If you go to jos, you will see the new permanent complex and facilities at the Jos university teaching hospital (JUTH). They have installed a dialysis centre for treatment of kidney failure an all. There's a new trauma management centre in National Hospital Abuja. I went to see someone at the Asokoro general hospital and you can't help but notice the refurbishment that the hospital has received under the present administration.

Few days ago, it was widely reported in the media that Dr Wada has successfully handled three kidney transplants in the hospital courtesy of the new equipment installed and dialysis center. The same applies to UBTH as my friend who is a resident doctor there can attest to the new cancer center in UBTH including rehabilitation of the hospital.
We know we are not there but lets acknowledge significant improvements that this govt has made in the health sector

You said the truth. But a lot of sentiments take the place of objective reasoning here. Someone will just come and poopoo all you have just said on the grounds that Patience travelled abroad for medical attention.
I hve always said it that patience Jonathan's trip abroad was a matter of choice and confidentiallity and not about the inefficiency of our system.
The first lady was suffering from ruptured appendicectomy and it is a surgery operation that many of our doctors handle here on a daily basis. The fact that she went abroad to treat it doesn't mean that we don't have competent doctors and equipment to treat it here in Nigeria.
Re: It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by Mandelaguy(m): 1:28am On Nov 22, 2013
Bukkyade:

You said the truth. But a lot of sentiments take the place of objective reasoning here. Someone will just come and poopoo all you have just said on the grounds that Patience travelled abroad for medical attention.
I hve always said it that patience Jonathan's trip abroad was a matter of choice and confidentiallity and not about the inefficiency of our system.
The first lady was suffering from ruptured appendicectomy and it is a surgery operation that many of our doctors handle here on a daily basis. The fact that she went abroad to treat it doesn't mean that we don't have competent doctors and equipment to treat it here in Nigeria.

In UCH, Major surgeries including cardiovascular are done with new equipments and all. Even in LUTH. Treatement is at affordable prices because FG subsidise it. Most of the patients who patronize private clinics get referred to use the facilities available in most of these teaching hospitals.
Re: It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by onomeasike: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2013
See the 40 laptop crew.if you want to pull a veil over my face, you will need my permission. I am not deceived. The last time patience was on the sick bed, her her spokesperson kept feeding gullible Nigerians lies.till now, the government of Jonathan is yet to apologize for the deceit. Ayo Osinlu is still in govt service! !
Re: It's a decoy,The President Was actually On A Medical Trip! by israel007: 8:21am On Nov 22, 2013
OP

I'd have said something to you but @diva_tosin and @Zutchy have said it all.

Thanks guys. You make me proud always!

(1) (Reply)

Posterity Will Judge You / Akpabio On Rampage: Plots Jonathan's Impeachment, Invites Tambuwal To Aks To Fin / APC To Challenge Ekiti State Election In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.