Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153758 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ayodurodola(m): 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
sooperrescue:
Scanning the BMW is not the issue but fixing the faults related to those lights. Call Dele 08189040804 and he will scan the car and fix the faults according to your pocket so that there will still be more than enough to feed. When you buy the E90, we will gladly take over the maintenance. We have an extended warranty package that will take away the stress off you.You will also need the Booster to boost your fuel as the main problem are fuel related. BMW use Premium unleaded fuel. We will have the Boosters ready in Abuja by next week.

Just like I stated earlier, your battery, bulbs and brake switch and also the fuel has to be boosted.

45k for servicing, engine oil, 10 litres, oil filter, engine flush, air filter and scanning. You will also need Octane Booster. You need to change the oil fast before it causes more harm. We are at Airforce Engineering Squadron in Ikeja along Agege Motor Road.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ayodurodola(m): 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
sooperrescue:
Scanning the BMW is not the issue but fixing the faults related to those lights. Call Dele 08189040804 and he will scan the car and fix the faults according to your pocket so that there will still be more than enough to feed. When you buy the E90, we will gladly take over the maintenance. We have an extended warranty package that will take away the stress off you.You will also need the Booster to boost your fuel as the main problem are fuel related. BMW use Premium unleaded fuel. We will have the Boosters ready in Abuja by next week.

Just like I stated earlier, your battery, bulbs and brake switch and also the fuel has to be boosted.

45k for servicing, engine oil, 10 litres, oil filter, engine flush, air filter and scanning. You will also need Octane Booster. You need to change the oil fast before it causes more harm. We are at Airforce Engineering Squadron in Ikeja along Agege Motor Road.
Ok. Thanks. Will I be attened to if I bring it like 4pm today?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
yes but call him before going
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by lungwun(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
sooperrescue:

I just called Mr Dele. Cue the awkward discussion when I stated 'Sooper Rescue' told me to give him a call. And him saying he knows no such person cheesy Maybe I should have gotten your name.

I'll go see him tomorrow morning.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
sooperrescue:
There is not much to convert. I will get you the quote. Are you changing the wheels too?
Yes, i have an exact one in mind and it is a 22'' AVS A536
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
lungwun:

I just called Mr Dele. Cue the awkward discussion when I stated 'Sooper Rescue' told me to give him a call. And him saying he knows no such person cheesy Maybe I should have gotten your name.
I'll go see him tomorrow morning.

He will be expecting you tomorrow.

Bossforeva:
Yes, i have an exact one in mind and it is a 22'' AVS A536

22 inch on an LR3? too big for the car. 20 will do.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by zinaLPF: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2014
sooperrescue:
Been on the road but I am back now. I am sorry for the silence. Went for FRSC speed limit flag off. We want to know how the device will work...

So did you get to test the speed device in your vehicle? How does it work?

I am still trying to articulate my feelings on this decision by the FRSC. On the one hand, when I see the way drivers speed on the highway, especially carrying employers little children (who are invariably not wearing seatbelts), I shudder. On the other hand, I do not encourage any form of governmental meddling with what ought to be basic human freedoms. Imposing speed limits on public roads is one thing; forcing me to place a device in MY vehicle, paid for with absolutely no govt subsidies or participation ( and where I am not a habitual offender) is a completely different thing altogether!

I don't know, mehn. Anyway, dont want to derail your thread, just want to know how the device works, and of course vent a little. wink

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:20am On Nov 30, 2014
They just flagged it off but it was not tested on my vehicle. I believe the first target is the commercial transporters. I remember that in Europe, buses being used to convey school children and passengers are fitted with a speed limiter, ditto trailers. It gives information on how many hours you have been on the road, what was your maximum speed at any given time. Any Police officer can stop a vehicle fitted with it and go through the history of driving of that particular vehicle. The number 1 cause of accidents among commercial drivers is sleeping on the wheel. They dont have time to rest on the road and so they happen to fall asleep on the steering wheel and everyone can guess what happens next. The device in Europe, enables the Police officer to issue fines to any driver that has committed an offense. For Nigeria, I believe the state of our roads is already a speed limiter because the type of potholes on some of our highways have sharp edges that will destroy even a brand new tyre, so the first lesson for any motorist is to slow down on roads that are very uneven. It is a welcome idea, there is no human rights violation because the primary role of a government is to ensure the safety of lives and property of its citizens. It is not against only Boko haram but against all form of danger. In April 2012, over 1000 people died in road accidents across the country and there was no hue or cry over such loss. There was no accident victims rehabilitation or compensation. The worst case scenario is the transport company will offset the burial expenses or they are interred in mass graves like the multiple accidents at Ugbogui in Edo State in 2012 where over 60 passengers heading to Lagos got burnt in their luxury bus and were buried en mass. No compensation, no DNA, nothing. Lives being wasted on our roads and no consequence for the instigators. We will get there but it depends on the willingness of the States Government to enforce the Road worthiness certificate law, that you cannot certify a vehicle you have not inspected or seen which is the fraud being committed by all the States right now. I was told by a Commissioner of Transport that I cannot reform the VIO or else I will be killed. The fraud in the system mingled with the blood of the innocent Nigerians dying daily on our roads and highways is worse that the deaths caused by Boko haram. Like you said, let me not derail from the thread. Land Rover, above and Beyond.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ayodurodola(m): 12:00am On Dec 08, 2014
Thanks Sooper. I was told my fuel pump is weak but I can use it for like 2 months. Then i noticed the car jerks.....so I wanna change it asap. How much does it cost please? Also.....what's the meaning of "engine reduced performance"?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:49am On Dec 08, 2014
Engine reduced performance comes up on the dashboard and in most cases the engine shuts down. It is mostly caused by using low octane fuel on the Supercharged. No one can predict the duration of a weak fuel pump and if it is weak, does it shut down the engine when it is hot? I have a new fuel pump for Supercharge and I will ask the owner how much he wants to sell it. He bought it thinking it was his fuel pump that was failling only to discover that the engine was crying because of the low octane fuel. Call me and let us see the Supercharged. 08098534267
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ayodurodola(m): 8:38am On Dec 15, 2014
Took my Supercharged to Sooper Rescue and im glad i did. I was attended to with all courtesies and compliments. Very warm, friendly and amiable environment and topped with a charming unassuming personality. I already gave 3 of my friends who drive range rovers his number.....moreso, he happened to be a distant relative! I no dey fear anything again for the car....Double thumbs up for Sooper Rescue

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Marpol: 9:59am On Dec 15, 2014
Lucky you! @Sooperrescue are you sure we are not related too? grin

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hahaahhaaa. Thanks My Prince of the Bini Kingdom. I appreciate.
Marpol, we are also related o. The Prince lives on the Island and that makes him a distant relative, while you, being in a neighboring city, is also a distant relation too. The real blood is the Range Rover, above and beyond.......

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:25am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Xmas to all and we wish you all a prosperous problem free Range Rover experience in 2015. Vote for freedom, vote wisely. Thanks for your support through out the year.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2015
Happy New Year Folks, another 12 months to enjoy your Range Rover. Please don't settle for less, give your Range Rover proper attention for you to enjoy the many benefits which is one of the many secrets only the proud owners of the brand share. Please let this year be only for the benefits of owning the brand and ensure that the lights on the dashboard are promptly rectified. Enjoy the season and don't forget to share your concerns with us. Our extended warranty package is one of your sure bet to enjoy the Range Rover. This year, we want to showcase our Range Rovers as our identity. Please add the fotos of your Range Rover for all to see. For those who are yet to buy their Range Rovers, please add 'awaiting result' to your prefix when contributing to this forum in this new year.
Rescue and Recovery Nigeria Limited

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:50am On Jan 30, 2015
love-vendor ur ride powered by
Rescue and Recovery Nigeria Limited
Lagos
Benin
Portharcourt
Abuja

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
Range Rover Sport 2008 HSE for sale Naija Used upgraded to 2012 model. N5m negotiable

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
After the elections, Our team will now be repairing air suspension compressors instead of changing the complete compressor. We are also going to be installing the TV software on Range Rovers, LR3 and Range Rover Sports for those who want to be abreast of the current affairs on the road. From April 15, 2015. Welcome to the club. Been too long on the road.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
Range Rover Sports.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by tobiyayo: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
Sir,
I would like to know the cost of a Land rover battery for a Range rover supercharged 2008 vogue.

Thank you.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by maxit2(m): 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
sooperrescue:
Engine reduced performance comes up on the dashboard and in most cases the engine shuts down. It is mostly caused by using low octane fuel on the Supercharged. No one can predict the duration of a weak fuel pump and if it is weak, does it shut down the engine when it is hot? I have a new fuel pump for Supercharge and I will ask the owner how much he wants to sell it. He bought it thinking it was his fuel pump that was failling only to discover that the engine was crying because of the low octane fuel. Call me and let us see the Supercharged. 08098534267
men u sabi range rover matter... this same thing happened to my 08 supercharged.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
Original Land Rover Battery 90 amps is sold for 65k but I will advise you go for 100 amps Hankook and buy from reputable dealers. Make sure it was made in 2014. They are in the range of 20k.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
maxit2:
men u sabi range rover matter... this same thing happened to my 08 supercharged.

If you are in Lagos, let us take a look at it and put the Supercharged back to life
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Piedpiper(m): 12:22am On Mar 16, 2015
Soop
still waiting on you in PH to check my LR3.
Please send address of workshop for software tv upgrade and suspension compressor service and calibration.
thanks.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:50am On Mar 16, 2015
Will call you when I enter PH>. Been stuck in Benin
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 2:23am On Mar 17, 2015
Bro I drive an LR3 and i am not satisfied with the drive on rough terrain, hear too much noise in the car... wouldn't mind u having it checked out for me... today if possible... 08095012719 or 07051856848...
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 20, 2015
Thank u so much, It was a smooth ride back... my baby is back on the road... thank u
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
We are glad to serve. I appreciate.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by maxit2(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2015
sooperrescue:

If you are in Lagos, let us take a look at it and put the Supercharged back to life

The vehicle is in Benin. You remember that mechanic(Friday) at sapele road ?
He knows about the vehicle. If you can come pick it up and completely revive that vehicle i will be glad.

After changing the fuel pump, the "low engine perfomance" stopped. But i don't know what they tampered with. It has since been showing suspension problem. Vehicle leans. It shows a symbol indicating the vehicle might roll-over. The suspension height doesn't go up or down unless during start-up. The tailgate is always open. The bonnet is always open. It shows a RED brake error on the dashboard. I bought brand new brakes, brake-light-switch and bulbs from the UK. Original LR parts for that matter.
I suspect the RED brake error to be as a result of a missing brake sensor in one of the tyres.(The wire was cut by something/someone).

So big bro, tell me if you can repackage this car back to life. I love the range rover. I want it back.

And one more thing, when the car is parked, the Alarm randomly goes off. I suspect it to be the tailgate and bonnet........
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
Let me have your number or you can call me on 08098534267

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.