Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153738 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2015
maxit2:

I hope you can calibrate a range... (Just playing)...
It's nice to be outspoken about ones problems. Maybe you should just write some things about yourself, qualifications and skills and you never know where a contact can come from.
Wish you the best of luck bro.

@Sooperrescue, sorry it is taking long to return the Num-P. They couldn't loose it. So it had to be cut. I will inform you once posted.

Calibration-i'm willing to learn.
Yes sir,
I'm a very young and vibrant person who resiliently works hard to achieve commendable goals,a team player who values learning and enjoys the company of professional experts,ensuring all task assigned are brought to a satisfactory end.i am a HND graduate of the college of health sciences and technology ijero,Ekiti state;i studied environmental health technology,majored in {industrial sanitation and waste disposal},i have also written my license exam EHORECON{environmental health officer registration council of Nigeria}.am based in port harcourt seeking employment to @least help me put food on the table,sponsor my 3 siblings through school and take good care of my struggling parents back home.Any forum member who can help/knows someone who knows someone who is in charge,should please help a struggling lad in need of a good job.
God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
No problem for the Num P for now. Naim I take dey waka.
Naija hater, good job profile but hating Nigeria should not be what you should proud of. I think before anything, you need to change your profile name.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
sooperrescue:
Naija hater, good job profile but hating Nigeria should not be what you should proud of. I think before anything, you need to change your profile name.
Ok sir,am not proud of it too!
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 9:45am On Apr 15, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Calibration-i'm willing to learn.
Yes sir,
I'm a very young and vibrant person who resiliently works hard to achieve commendable goals,a team player who values learning and enjoys the company of professional experts,ensuring all task assigned are brought to a satisfactory end.i am a HND graduate of the college of health sciences and technology ijero,Ekiti state;i studied environmental health technology,majored in {industrial sanitation and waste disposal},i have also written my license exam EHORECON{environmental health officer registration council of Nigeria}.am based in port harcourt seeking employment to @least help me put food on the table,sponsor my 3 siblings through school and take good care of my struggling parents back home.Any forum member who can help/knows someone who knows someone who is in charge,should please help a struggling lad in need of a good job.
God bless you all.

Understand how you feel. Met Sooper in a similar way

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 15, 2015
LeJeun3:

Understand how you feel. Met Sooper in a similar way
My brother,O'lagbara.when you exprience life in a HARD way,what havent i done in terms of morality,prayer, fasting and many more,so much that i always ask myself on sundays,that when would it be my turn to stand before the church of the God and give my own testimony.the small HND wey i get self,na one man God used to sponsor me through.am just too young for the pains and shame i have went through.if you see where i dey sleep for Ph self,my brother it been so long since last i slept on a bed(foam).
Mehn i no like 9ja o.
Make i just keep quiet jaare.
Oga sooper say make i change my NL username....i don hear.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 16, 2015
sooperrescue:
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nixon55, direct your complains to club audi Nigeria and elsewhere in car talk. Stop derailing rangerover's club thread.
Thanks.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ayodurodola(m): 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
sooperrescue:

Ah, yours is also buckingham Blue. Let me know when you are coming so that we prepare for you. How many cartons of Octane Booster do you need?

I am coming on Saturday....i will need half a box or 1 box depends...
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
One carton. Are we going to polish the car so that we can also prepare too?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ayodurodola(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2015
sooperrescue:
One carton. Are we going to polish the car so that we can also prepare too?

hopefully , yes sir. and maybe do its servicing also.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2015
ok. will wait for u.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2015

Suspension related issues have been on the increase over the past few months........

Will give q few tips to keep ur suspension active and healthy!.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 11:04pm On Apr 25, 2015

A Gud majority of Range Rovers in Nigeria are Tokunbo or Fairly used......

We might have sufficient information on the vehicle, but we usually dont have the following information
1. Driving habit of the previous owner..
2. Maintenance culture.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
LeJeun3:

A Gud majority of Range Rovers in Nigeria are Tokunbo or Fairly used......

We might have sufficient information on the vehicle, but we usually dont have the following information
1. Driving habit of the previous owner..
2. Maintenance culture.

You and Oga sooper,are on top of your game.
#Elenu

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by keziah123: 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hello sooperrescue, my LR3 has this light showing on the dash. Ps what does it mean?

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
Tire pressure monitor is telling you that one or some of your tyres need to be checked. If you have 18 or 19 rims, let the air in the front tyres be 38 while the rear should be 42. Even your spare should be checked too. When are you coming for your octane boosters?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
Our final report on our upgraded Range Rover Sport Autobiography. Picture quality is not too ok, it was a hazy day

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by thelegend1(m): 6:49am On Apr 27, 2015
If you own a Land Rover and you've not had Sooper's touch, you're on a loooooong thing!

To be candidly honest, don't expect all your issues to be resolved by him overnight (but a week at most), and rest assured your car would be smoother and enjoyable than ever...and the CUSTOMER SERVICE you get is unparralled. i Have never seen an Auto technician that takes pride in genuinely resolving your car issues as against most 'trial and error' quacks all over the place.

Gave him mine a week ago with all manner of issues (Transmission, Engine, Air Compressor...close to 10 different wahala), but i'm smiling and cruising today.

The best part of it is that there is a warranty and his fees are quite reasonable...Dont suffer in silence people, a Range is an affordable/luxury car to own!

@Sooper - please let me know when the booster is in stock

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:21am On Apr 27, 2015
Christian, ah, you wan pursue me comot for Lagos? Thanks a lot. We will have the boosters today. You can pass by or rather we can bring two cartons to your office today or tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
thelegend1:
If you own a Land Rover and you've not had Sooper's touch, you're on a loooooong thing!

To be candidly honest, don't expect all your issues to be resolved by him overnight (but a week at most), and rest assured your car would be smoother and enjoyable than ever...and the CUSTOMER SERVICE you get is unparralled. i Have never seen an Auto technician that takes pride in genuinely resolving your car issues as against most 'trial and error' quacks all over the place.

Gave him mine a week ago with all manner of issues (Transmission, Engine, Air Compressor...close to 10 different wahala), but i'm smiling and cruising today.

The best part of it is that there is a warranty and his fees are quite reasonable...Dont suffer in silence people, a Range is an affordable/luxury car to own!

@Sooper - please let me know when the booster is in stock

Thanks
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 30, 2015
sooperrescue:
Christian, ah, you wan pursue me comot for Lagos? Thanks a lot. We will have the boosters today. You can pass by or rather we can bring two cartons to your office today or tomorrow

Great Bini man, good morning, please send me your number. A 2011MY RR owner in Abuja might wish to start patronizing your services.

Luv_michael_4real@yahoo.com

Ehen, why you no wan open shop for Abuja upon say RR and LR full Abuja like sand and most of them are being abandoned due to poor yet expensive services?

Pls do send the number today if you can.
I'll be awaiting your email.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2015
Our Oga, we dey Abuja but we have not opened the workshop fully. We are at Games Village and we shall finish the workshop in June. We run skeletal services at our Oando Autocare in Wuse Zone 4. Full Services will begin in June. at the workshop opposite Games Village Maingate. I will send you my number or rather here too 08098534267.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by alien1: 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
sooperrescue:
i have to deactivate my last acct,this is my new profile sir
Iluv9ja
Cc Lejeun3

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 8:14pm On May 02, 2015

Enjoy your Range Rovers this weekend..... smiley smiley smiley

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 5:41am On May 03, 2015
Nixon55:
I have followed several discussions online with regards to the Land Rover product line. The common problem seems to be the air suspension system. The complex nature of the suspension system makes it scary for people to venture into. Changing the EAS compressor, Suspension Control Module, Air springs, height sensors etc., as a complete set will easily run into $4000+... I am considering buying a 2007/2008 LR3 4.4L V8 HSE which shares the same platform as the Range Rover Sport but I am not fully convinced it is the right choice considering the cost/avaialability of the spare parts and the expertise of the local Nigeria mechanic. Experts and real owners in the house can throw more light on it and dissuade our fears. Apart the suspension system, I have not heard complains about the Engine/Transmission of the Range Rover Sport or the LR3. It apears that they are less problematic. @OP, thanks for creating this thread. It will go a long way in helping people make informed decisions if people share real life experiences.
almost true talk. I'm using the 2008 range rover sports. the air spring are now less than 200k naira.

mine is for sale though
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 5:46am On May 03, 2015
sooperrescue:
That is the misconception about the suspension issues. Yes it is there but it can be fixed with little effort and little money. Mine have been on the road for 5 years now and I have only changed one air suspension for just N60,000. But I have changed the lower and upper arms on many occasions because I travel on many occasions with the Jeep. On many occasions, I spend N12000 for fuel from Lagos to Abuja and when you are on a long journey, to stop and refresh yourself is very difficult. I just dont want to end the thrill, wanting it to continue. We, my outfit, now fix suspensions on Range Rovers without stress. Most of the time, the jeep needs calibration of the suspensions and that is all that needs to be done but many people just assume that it is the air suspension that is faulty whereas the Jeep suspension height is inaccurate. There is nothing to fear about the suspension or about the repairs, the technology is affordable and it is everywhere. We tend to believe that it is only Coscharis that can fix the Jeep meanwhile the same Coscharis is finding it difficult to fix the problems on the Jeep. They dont repair anything but they change the parts only. There was an Auto Dealer in Lekki that changed the brake pads of someone's Sport for N120,000 whereas the same pads front and back with sensors is not more than N30,000. They changed the A/C system for N400,000 and the A/c lasted for two weeks. It took them 3 months to fix the A/c whereas a simple change of a used compressor for N30,000 will put the A/c in a new cooling condition. Height sensors never go bad inspite of the fragile state of the sensors. There is a Britparts dealer in Lagos that sells the original parts for a fraction of what Coscharis will sell the parts to you. The only problem with the Jeep is when the warning sign of engine performance reduced comes up, it means our regular unleaded fuel is taking a toll on the engine. But there are also solutions too until Dangote's refinery comes on board. Use Octane Boosters. If you have a supercharged, use octane booster at all times or you will be spending money left and right to solve an easy problem. We just fixed the active rolling pump on a supercharged in Abuja. It is the dynamic response of the Jeep and it cost a lot of money. The used engine of a supercharged cost N1.3m if you can get a good one but the engine is built to last. Following the routine maintenance matters a lot. For example, the oil requirement is 5W30 and people use Mobil 1 which is 0W40 and they still find sludge in their engines. Why? Because the oil requirement is not Mobil 1 when it is in Nigeria but Total Q9000, AP Syn and Oando Syn. They are all 5W40 and they are very good. Coscharis once complained to me during an interactive session that they use Mobil 1 on their BMWs because there is no Castrol oil here in Nigeria and they still find sludge in the 3 and 5 series. That was in 2005 and presently we dont know the current situation. The transmission fluid is portrayed as a lifetime fluid but I disagree when it comes to Nigeria. I have been changing the transmission fluid in my Sport for the past 3 years at every 15,000miles and the gear is still much in pristine form. Go get yours and enjoy the benefits the Jeep offers. Many owners dont use coolant or they use coolans not suitable for their Jeep and then the overheating comes to play. Welcome to the Club
you are too honest for my liking. I tell guys these same things but they won't believe. whatever you change lasts.
People only get cheated for the range rover parts.
I wish I had about 150k to buy new balloons for my own. but, hey no... I'd sell it like that. it's a 2008 model.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 5:51am On May 03, 2015
sooperrescue:
Thanks, taking it to the car wash daily is one of the reason for the good look. But my dashboard is cracked and someone claims that he can rebuild it. When I do that, I will let everyone know so that we avoid buying an expensive dashboard. Abuja hot sun can roast a chicken in 4 hours inside the Jeep.

seems we use our ride same way. mine was cracked, I only used a leather material this time and not the normal material. it's cheaper and clean too.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 5:56am On May 03, 2015
olumidazz:
thanks sooperrescue for your prompt response. it does not lean on any particular side, it drops evenly on all 4 usually after not having started the engine 4 about 3 days, and when immediately after starting the engine the car raises to nomal height and drives smoothly only to drop gradually very low in a period of about 3 days after haven not driven it at all.
it's normal thing for your model. check their site, they said it there. as far as your ride doesn't go bumpy as you drive, then your suspension system is not leaking.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:05am On May 03, 2015
CAn you send the fotos of your RRS to my fone thru whatsapps?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by grabs(m): 8:22am On May 03, 2015
Great resource here and glad to be part of the club. Just got inducted last month with a 2010 supercharged. Where's your place in ph? My baby leans on the front right passenger side once parked for a few minutes. Thanks and keep up the good work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.