Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,529 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity (25511 Views)

I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. / Gej Threatens To Slap Obama / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by donphilopus: 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2013

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has threatened to sue New York based online news media, Sahara Reporters for what it described as an irresponsible, deplorable, highly unprofessional and unethical antics of outfit to assault the sensibilities of all decent Nigerians over the president state of health.

This was contained in a statement signed by the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati on Saturday.

The president while thanking Nigerians for their sympathies and solidarity as well as the mainstream media for its catual, fair-minded and objective reportage of the president’s indisposition said.

Below is the full statement: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan thanks all patriotic and well-meaning Nigerians, including his supporters, friends and political associates who expressed and conveyed their sympathies and solidarity with him, through various means, following the announcement of his sudden indisposition while on a mission to attract greater investments to accelerate the growth of the Nigerian economy in keeping with his agenda for national transformation.

The Presidency also commends the generality of the mainstream media whose coverage of the President’s slight health challenge in London was mostly factual, objective, fair-minded and supportive.

We however condemn the utterly irresponsible, deplorable, highly unprofessional and unethical antics of certain fringe elements operating in the nebulous sphere of cyberspace who persist in seizing every opportunity to unjustifiably malign and impugn the character and integrity of the elected leader of their country.

It is very regrettable indeed that after, in compliance with President Jonathan’s standing instruction that Nigerians must never be kept in the dark about the state of his health, the public was duly informed that the President had received precautionary medical attention for an unexpected indisposition in London, Sahara Reporters and some other reckless, lawless, impudent and unpatriotic internet-based media chose to assault the sensibilities of all decent Nigerians again with their entirely fictional, malicious, hate-driven and scurrilous distortion of the facts of the President’s indisposition.

The suggestion by Sahara Reporters that President Jonathan took ill following a “heavy birthday party thrown to celebrate the President’s 56th birthday at his Presidential suite in the InterContinental Hotel in London” is fictional nonsense as there was definitely no party in London to celebrate President Jonathan’s birthday on Wednesday night.

The truth is that President Jonathan observed his 56th birthday anniversary quietly. For part of the day, he was airborne, in transit between Abuja and London. On arrival in London, he spent the rest of the day in the privacy of his hotel room. It has never been his custom to celebrate birthday anniversaries and no exception was made this year. No birthday party was therefore held for the President in London and there was certainly no drinking spree as Sahara Reporters claimed.

As unregulated as they are, Sahara Reporters and their ilk are not beyond the bounds of legal action for libel and willful defamation of the character and reputation of a President who has courageously stepped forward to serve his country.

They know very well that they can never substantiate or prove the constant false allegations and innuendoes they publish for the sole purpose of negatively portraying President Jonathan and his administration.

Their incessant claim of a bibulous President is pure fiction and blackmail, and the product of malicious imagination. We warn that our forbearance of their disrespectful caricaturing of the President is not limitless.

The Presidency will like to reiterate the trite point that no human being is beyond health challenges irrespective of their station in life. Sadly, this commonplace fact appears to be beyond the understanding of the publishers of Sahara Reporters who seem to have lost all sense of propriety, decency and human compassion.

The President is comforted by the prayers, support and overwhelming goodwill of the people of Nigeria, fully assured that the forces of good will continue to triumph over the forces of darkness in our land.

Reuben Abati

DO YOU NEED THE SOURCE? IF YES, CLICK HERE

25 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by donphilopus: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
whisper88: .
Booked??

1 Like

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by twogood: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
Glad to hear he's ok. The president should face pressing national issues like power and unemployment and ignore sahara reporters. Everyone knows them.

12 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
Is Abati not SaharaRptrs? Then if not, PDP?
Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by egift(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
If he did not drink Ogogoro, he can say so and stop the useless threats.

41 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by donphilopus: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
Beware! The Ogogoro he took is still in action

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
Na kaikai cos am.
Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by buoye1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
Allow dis man rest abeg
Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by awodman: 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
It is time to teach that little brat called Sowore the lesson of his life..about time

1 Like

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by Italiano1: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
Why is GEJ protesting much?

It is not a crime to be a formidable and an accomplished ogogoro drinker, worst case, he will end up in hospital. Abeg free Sahara reporters joor...

12 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by nedu2000(m): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
"Celebrated it quietly"?how...we saw a picture of GEJ with 3 big cakes about cutting them,but I can't categorically tell u if the illness was 'cos he over-partied that will be best know by my oga @ d top, ‎​yes,I don't want to say one & my oga @ d top will say it anoda one

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by ikweremilitant: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2013
donphilopus: Beware! The Ogogoro he took is still in action
lyk d white alabuku wey u nd ur mentor roguenubu dy snif

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by freda506(f): 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Jona dey vex grin
Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by awodman: 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
nedu2000: "Celebrated it quietly"?how...we saw a picture of GEJ with 3 big cakes about cutting them,but I can't categorically tell u if the illness was 'cos he over-partied that will be best know by my oga @ d top, ‎​yes,I don't want to say one & my oga @ d top will say it anoda one
He cut those cake in Abuja before he left for London...

1 Like

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by satellitedaisy: 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
grin
#flipping through my dictionary#

Which kain big big gramma una dey use distort my memory this hot afternoon

Nebulous Spere of Cyberspace? WTF is that?

I feel you Oga Jonah cool

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by Flameboy26(m): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
Pls wat is sahara-reporters? Enlighten me guys
Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by Kelechi2020(m): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
Abeg reuben abati just shut up abeggg....i laughed at that ogogoro part of saharareporters news but i didnt like the manner they reported that incident but for you to attack sahara reporters based on their past investigative reports is unaceptable by me...
@abati shut up again!!
If not for sahara reporters we would not have known that stela oduah is not a saint.
@abati. Shut up once more.if not for sahara reporters we would not have known Gej bought u a car...come to think of it who dosen't know Gej takes kai kai/ogogoro nd dat is why he wil always call rumours against him beer palour talk cause that is one of his area of experience...hahahahaha
before i forget
@okonjo iweala better leave punch alone cause i didnt see anything wrong in that report(okonjo iweala and waivers) is it because they knocked you on the nose where they confirmed that documents you refused to sign during your tenure in obj era sighting ur reputation you now sign them with easee..hmmmm hope you are not nuturing any political ambition like governor or senate,beter go back to world bank...
The last
@ASUU and co better stop keeping us at home in the name of honouring your dead because we students are planning to disrupt that burial if you dont send us back to school.

26 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
Sahara reporters are a bunch of shady shameless twarts. Everyone knows them already.

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by Cubeet: 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
SAHARA REPORTERS = ATTENTION SEEKERS. Fabricating and publishing fake stories for people to believe and ingest

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by rill: 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ogogoro is low class, sahara reporters should have written ace of spade instead undecided

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by NovusHomo(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
"GEJ threatens to sue" grin cool tongue. Interesting. Why doesn't he sue already?

By the way, does it occur to anyone that the President probably went to London for a medical check up which he could not reveal to Nigerians? Just a thought

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by 01mcfadden(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
@Mr president,i second the motion!
Those sahara reporters are bent on destroying everything GEJ stand for....i'm afraid goodluck may be beyond their reach.
Quick recovery!
#TeamFreshAir.
Re: GEJ Threatens To Sue SaharaReporters, Thanks Nigerians For Their Solidarity by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ok,sahara reporters are always to quick to jump ship,do they get paid for first to report ni?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Dele Momodu Celebrates His 57th Birthday Today / Ben Bruce Spotted With Atiku, Gbenga Daniel & Chief Tom Ikimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.