Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,261 members, 7,839,323 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account (19429 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Luckysbab: 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
jmoore: Amaechi, how much have you stolen from Rivers state?

How does this answer the questions? You are not helping the image of your Oga at all with all these trademark idea of using the shortcomings of anyone who criticizes the Presidency to divert attention away from issues at hand.

It won't work this time, quit trying.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by atlwireles: 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
igala1: Its relatively obvious that only persons with background in finance, accounting and banking would understand the financial risk requiring mitigants we are in. This explains why the government look like "super-human" to the rest "naïve" ones amongst us.
Let me break it down as a layman

Sure P= margin in pump price,current price-old price I.e N97-N65=N32/litre
FAAC=crude oil accruals, I.e sales-expenses,cost of production=unknown
Excess Crude Account-ECA (savings)=margin btw global price- pegged budget estimate($110- $79)/mbpd =$41/mbpd.

What this implies is as follows:
1. If ECA is used to sustain sure-p, where is Sure-P?
2. NNPC, Min Fin,Min Pet and CBN have to give a/c of figures for sales and expenses to configure FAAC.

Here smart accountants can manipulate figures and deceive the un-noticing public.

Your analysis tells me one thing, government has no business in business.
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by kmariko: 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Is SURE-P account static - meaning that it must be 32 dollars differential or is it subject to other global market forces.

Secondly is the ECA also static.. Doesn't the oil market in itself very fluid in nature.

In other words accurial on a monthly basis are subject to global market forces irrespective of the legislative basal margins
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Symphony007: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
Pribo:

MR man EFCC only arrest those who don't know the system. We are talking about clear conscience. The looting of the state treasury was done under his nose and he never ask such garrulous questions as he is doing now. Do not be deceived. Just upgrade or you'll be ready tools in the hands of politicians like Amaechi come 2015
under his nose? For christ sake he was the speaker of the house. He is not the chief executive who manages and allocates the resources of the state. Your arguement is very trivial and i think it's time to drop it.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
texazzpete:

Lame apology, but it will suffice.

Fuel Subsidy monies are included in the budget...absolutely nothing to do with the ECA. Anything else?

So where does the 'monies included in the budget', from which Subsidy #X is part of, from?? Ie where does the funds that are used to execute d budget, esp the Subsidy #X, come from??.... Abeg, try to be straight forward this time with d answer. I usuali do not hv much patience for Kids playing around. K?

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2013
Carsonv: Now these are serious issues we shouldn't trivialise!
Whether we like Amaechi or not, these points are valid. Why fund SURE-P with ECA? That's not what they told us when they put Nigerians into suffering by increasing fuel price. All the promises then are still lying there...as promises!

Abeg there are lots of fund mismanagement from this administration! Well it's not new to us but atleast NOI should stop fronting this holier than thou personality...it's disgusting to the sensible mind.

They don use ECA money do burial for Okirika.

**now playing: Tuface- E be like say**
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by muzzol: 11:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
You seem to have little knowledge of what you are arguing on and it would serve you well to sit back and learn from those who understand such. Any other idea will potray you as dumb. There is a huge difference between FG account and Federation account and i think the basis of RVSG questions are founded on the constitutionality of confusing the two accounts. We need answers to these questions from both NOI and CBN Gov.

taharqa: So where does the 'monies included in the budget', from which Subsidy #X is part of, from?? Ie where does the funds that are used to execute d budget, esp the Subsidy #X, come from??.... Abeg, try to be straight forward this time with d answer. I usuali do not hv much patience for Kids playing around. K?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by mercurie(f): 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
jmoore: Amaechi, how much have you stolen from Rivers state?

Shut up and face d corruption with proof @ hand

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:17pm On Nov 23, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Why should SURE-P be funded with ECA? What happened to the about 30 naira realized from every litre of PMS since the increase in pump price to 97 naira, that we were told would be used to fund SURE-P? Can we then say the Senate was right when it claimed the NNPC could not make it, which now stands at 500 billion, available?
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2013
taharqa: So where does the 'monies included in the budget', from which Subsidy #X is part of, from?? Ie where does the funds that are used to execute d budget, esp the Subsidy #X, come from??.... Abeg, try to be straight forward this time with d answer. I usuali do not hv much patience for Kids playing around. K?

BWHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

And there I thought for one second you were trying to tie in the fuel subsidy payments to the ECA. I clearly see now I am being trolled by Nairaland's resident simpleton cheesy.

So far, we have established that
1. The FG was spending a fixed amount of money per litre on subsidizing fuel. The FG made several argument for the removal of the fuel subsidy with one of the key points being that the money being used to subsidize fuel could be best served in carrying out developmental projects etc

2. The partial removal of the subsidy freed up N32 per litre for the FG to use in it's developmental agenda, part of which is the SURE-P program.

3. The ECA monies represent the saved revenues from selling oil at higher prices than the budget benchmark prices, it was not used to fund the fuel subsidies and should have absolutely nothing to do with SURE-P

Part of Amaechi's response tackled the rationale for using funds from the FCA to fund SURE-P which should have been wholly funded from the N32 per litre freed up from the partial removal of fuel subsidy.

Your increasingly inane responses are hilarious, but unfortunately seem orchestrated to divert rational discussion of the issues on ground.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
texazzpete:

Well, first you must render an account of what you have done with the education you've received so far. I mean, I cannot believe the inanity of your response. The outstanding question YOU should be asking (as that affects all 160+ million Nigerians, not just the people of Rivers State) is why the ECA monies are being used to fund the SURE-P program.
Were you deaf when GEJ told us this scheme would utilize the funds saved from the partial removal of the fuel subsidies to carry out its activities? Why the double dipping here? Who authorized NOI to do this?

Put aside these petty politics and pretend for once that you care about this country more than your pocket!
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by kinharold(m): 11:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
Amaechi is making point here no one is applauding him. all dis questions deserve answers. abegi LIKE this to show we support amaechi , on dis matter only o
Amaechi has always been bold and factual on all issues and that is why many of us like him. It is just that boldness is now turning to confrontation while pride is becoming arrogance and he dont seem to know where to draw the line. To make matters worse is his gang up with the Northern Governors against GEJ (We all know it is not against PDP), these kind of puts him against his people. No matter how "bad" GEJ is, we prefer him to another Aboki. I pray for him that G7 and APC will not just use and dump him.
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:09am On Nov 24, 2013
texazzpete:

FG has been spending 'X naira' per litre on fuel subsidies
FG now spends '(X -32) naira' on fuel subsidies

By not spending the N32 on subsidies per litre, the FG now gets to keep N30 per litre compared to the previous years.

Shall I recommend a good dictionary for you to check the meaning of the word 'saved'?

I have always known you were the least educated, the weakest link and the most clueless of all the paid propagandists on Nairaland. Thank you for living up to your reputation. I only hope that the likes of Sincere9igerian have been able to negotiate higher rates than yourself.

At least you remain marginally better than willywilly. That's something.
grin
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by musiwa112: 1:14am On Nov 24, 2013
what do they use the money for.. nothing.. look $20 billion or $5billion is alot of money. If you give person $20 billion to build a state.. in africa, it is alot of money to transform the economic if that person is a serious person..

Will build 16000 of this. and the second picture is an africa leader, who decided , he want to do the right thing. And he just did.

And if someone was governor of a state and he fail to develop its state and says, he want to run for president or he want to be re elected as president. Do you think that is possible.

this picture you are seen is a really city build with not even 1/5 of what river state got or what the federal govt got.. So now, do you think they should be re elected or elected into higher office. the answer is NO. they should not be re elected or elected to any position.

An honest africa leader constructed this for just 1/5 of what your friend get mr. look at it, do you think anyone merit re election or president.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by mbulela: 4:36am On Nov 24, 2013
texazzpete:

http://www.sure-p.gov.ng/index.cfm/sure-p-secretariat/policy/introduction/

From the official SURE-P website

The reduction of the fuel subsidy by the Federal Government in January 2012, as a deliberate policy aimed at conserving and maximizing the oil wealth of Nigeria, generated cries of discontent, fear and worry amongst Nigerians which led to a national strike. In response to the cries of Nigerians, the President announced the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) to reinvest the Federal Government’s share of the savings arising from the reduction of subsidies on petroleum products into programmes and initiatives that would go a long way to ease the pain of subsidy removal and create a better life for Nigerians.

See where the word 'savings' appears? On the official website, no less?
We're going no further with this until you unconditionally apologize for abusing your betters over the 'savings' word that even the SURE-P agency uses liberally.

Now, are you going to man up and apologize?
Stop wasting your time. SURE-P was a scam right from conception. Just like the Amnesty program. Those things are designed to decimate and plunder our commonwealth for the good of the barbarians. Any good you see in those programs are more imagined than real.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Cachez(m): 4:38am On Nov 24, 2013
texazzpete:

BWHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

And there I thought for one second you were trying to tie in the fuel subsidy payments to the ECA. I clearly see now I am being trolled by Nairaland's resident simpleton cheesy.

1. The FG was spending a fixed amount of money per litre on subsidizing fuel. The FG made several argument for the removal of the fuel subsidy with one of the key points being that the money being used to subsidize fuel could be best served in carrying out developmental projects etc

2. The partial removal of the subsidy freed up N32 per litre for the FG to use in it's developmental agenda, part of which is the SURE-P program.

3. The ECA monies represent the saved revenues from selling oil at higher prices than the budget benchmark prices, it was not used to fund the fuel subsidies and should have absolutely nothing to do with SURE-P

Part of Amaechi's response tackled the rationale for using funds from the FCA to fund SURE-P which should have been wholly funded from the N32 per litre freed up from the partial removal of fuel subsidy.

Your increasingly inane responses are hilarious, but unfortunately seem orchestrated to divert rational discussion of the issues on ground.
. GBAM. This makes sense.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 24, 2013
Thieving bas.tards.

Where is that our friend that wants Nigerians in the diaspora to return and assist in the nation's building?

Oo-oo-oo-o Ori eh ti yiii

Nation's building ko, pocket building ni.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Demdem(m): 6:27am On Nov 24, 2013
otokx: Ngozi Okonji Iweala should have kept quiet, now she has just exposed herself for nothing.
Amaechi just gave her a TKO.

No doubt. Pertinent questions he has asked and I also demand answers from MOU.
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa: Another OLODO.... So the FG was receiving money from smwhere (from d Oil marketers perhaps?) that it wud then 'save' parts of it as 'partial savings' for SURE-P??..... IGNORAMUS

You should go back to your school and demand a refund. That is if you had a secondary education.

If you make N100 daily and pay N60 to marketers everyday but on a particular day, you paid only N30.

Won't the balance of N30 be considered as savings that should be kept in the company's ECA?

What kind of a f!@ked up education do you guys get in Nigeria?

If they give a yearly award for the best mo.ron in the world, you'll get one this year and another in advance for next year.

What a dumb and irrational thinking skill you have? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by skippypo(m): 7:05am On Nov 24, 2013
Sageez: I love my Gov so much. Amaechi God wil continue to bless u
mediocre
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by skippypo(m): 7:06am On Nov 24, 2013
mediocre
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:10am On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa: OLODO, answer my question: were d Oil marketers paying d FG, such that d FG cud now 'save' d extra #32 it 'has made' from d Partial removal of subsidy??... Answer d questn. Save d semantics for those who care
You're big fòol. After the protest that greeted the partial removal of fuel subsidy, the President said the about 32 naira placed on each litre of PMS would be used to fund the SURE-P, which itself included road construction, power supply, improved education, etc. Between January 2012 and now, over 500 billion has been realized but NNPC, as the Senate said, can't make available. Christopher Kolade who heads the SURE-P has not been able any project because NNPC can't provide the money.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:20am On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa: Now am enjoying this. Hehehehehe.... OK. So d FG after partial subsidy removal currently 'saves' d differential of #32 from d #X it was spending (ie paying) initiali as Subsidy money. Right? We both are in agreement here then. The question that naturali follows is: where did d FG get that original #X it was spending (paying) as Subsidy to Oil marketers, from which this #32 differential was 'saved'??..... Abeg, answer quick. Na dem I go tell you wetin I wan reali tell you. Thanks
Odoyo.
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2013
atlwireles:

Your analysis tells me one thing, government has no business in business.
Is your government that illiterate?
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Is your government that illiterate?

Yes they're that illiterate.

To get a PhD in Nigeria, all you have to do is use magnet to proof that homosexuality is not natural.

BAM!!! You get your PhD. grin grin
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by awodman: 7:44am On Nov 24, 2013
texazzpete:

BWHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

I see you suceeded in confusing yourself and some ignorant fellows..the question is this "Fixed amount of money" where does FG get it from ?

Maybe when you can answer this we will proceed from there

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Pribo(m): 8:05am On Nov 24, 2013
Symphony007: under his nose? For christ sake he was the speaker of the house. He is not the chief executive who manages and allocates the resources of the state. Your arguement is very trivial and i think it's time to drop it.

Hey you the Speaker has roles one of which is to check the excesses of the Executive. Dont worry when you get to SS1 your govt teacher would educate you. Tot I was relating which a creme dela creme never knew I met a dreg. you better return the fon to your big brother he may be looking for it now.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 8:41am On Nov 24, 2013
muzzol:

You seem to have little knowledge of what you are arguing on and it would serve you well to sit back and learn from those who understand such. Any other idea will potray you as dumb. There is a huge difference between FG account and Federation account and i think the basis of RVSG questions are founded on the constitutionality of confusing the two accounts. We need answers to these questions from both NOI and CBN Gov.

So which of the two accounts does the Govt get the #X that it spends as Subsidy?
FG Account Or Federation Account?

.... Infact, scratch that. I do no longer have the time to play games with ya KIDS any further.
Read:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201002221429.html
NOTE: The above link is from early 2010, B4 GEJ became President. Maybe if you understand the import of this, you just might start to get where the monies used to pay subsidies ALWAYS came from.

Now, Goodbye. And quit the habit of attempting to argue with those eho are not your mates, K? Esp, when ya do not know what you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2013
texazzpete:

BWHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

Stop beating about the bush, Ikpeeee...... Where did this ' fixed amount of money the FG was spending per litre on subsidizing fuel' come from??

Once you answer that question, you may immediately help yourself out of your current mystery. I promise...

CLUE For an OLODO: why is that Govs have always wanted the Subsidy payment removed right from OBJ days? Why were they at the front wagon of the vanguard for its total removal last 2 year? Maybe, if the OLODO understands why, he would get an idea where that 'fixed #X Subsidy' always came; and maybe, just maybe, he would have an inkling from where the #32 differential 'saved' from the #x would continue to come from. Maybe.

Will this link help the OLODO in this respect: http://www.nanngronline.com/section/general/ngf-criticises-fg-over-deduction-of-oil-subsidy-from-federation-account

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by jpphilips(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2013
OdionOdion: That was the meeting attended by NGF delegation led by Gov Jang to Aso Rock after the commissioning of their secretariat.Try and find out from your Gov Ameachi if he attended that meeting and if no why?.Gov Ameachi wasn't elected to govern Nigeria but a sub-national(Rivers),Nigerians elected a humble and intelligent man called Goodluck Jonathan to be their leader not Gov Ameachi,he should wait for Jonathan to complete the mandate by 2019,he should be patient(or Judith) till Nigerians who overwhelmly elected say otherwise.Gov Ameachi mustn't kill himself because of GEJ being President,Gov Ameachi can do absolutely nothing against GEJ,he is a child of destiny

if you think like this, how does your kids think?
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 9:04am On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa:

Stop beating about the bush, Ikpeeee...... Where did this ' fixed amount of money the FG was spending per litre on subsidizing fuel' come from??

Once you answer that question, you may immediately help yourself out of your current mystery. I promise...

The only one beating about the bush here is yourself. Why not answer the question everyone here has been asking you? Why is the ECA being used to fund Sure-P as stated by the minister?

I see your alter ego awodman has joined the fray. I don't expect much from him since either you're both the same person or you both uncannily share the same affliction of a low IQ.

Get to the point or get out of here and let your superiors like Sincere9igerian bail you out.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 9:07am On Nov 24, 2013
texazzpete:

The only one beating about the bush here is yourself. Why not answer the question everyone here has been asking you? Why is the ECA being used to fund Sure-P as stated by the minister?

I see your alter ego awodman has joined the fray. I don't expect much from him since either you're both the same person or you both uncannily share the same affliction of a low IQ.

Get to the point or get out of here and let your superiors like Sincere9igerian bail you out.

CLUE For an OLODO: why is that Govs have always wanted the Subsidy payment removed right from OBJ days? Why were they at the front wagon of the vanguard for its total removal last 2 year? Maybe, if the OLODO understands why, he would get an idea where that 'fixed #X Subsidy' ALWAYS came; and maybe, just maybe, he would have an inkling from where the #32 differential 'saved' from the #x would continue to come from. Maybe.

Will this link help the OLODO in this respect: http://www.nanngronline.com/section/general/ngf-criticises-fg-over-deduction-of-oil-subsidy-from-federation-account

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano & Ugwuanyi Visit Victims Of Herdsmen Attack In Enugu . Photos / Why Fayose Was Booed In Ado-ekiti Church – Fayemi Reveals / Lagos4Lagos Group Sacks Chairman Over Alleged Receipt Of ₦100m From Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.