Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,434 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account (19430 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Spray(m): 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2013
IDOHOU: Amaechi is making point here no one is applauding him. all dis questions deserve answers. abegi LIKE this to show we support amaechi , on dis matter only o
no i wnt lyk it,, i luv ur comment anyway
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by mlane: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
Can somebody pls tell Amaechi to keep his mouth shut? I'm tired of listening to this guy everyday. He should look for something better to speak about.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Symphony007: 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Pribo:
Young man where and when did your microphone magician Gov'nor do that? How can he when he was part and parcel of of the looting. All those who hear and see RS only on TV, Internet and Newspaper should ask questions first.
it's very easy to say that but providing evidence is another thing. Where is the evidence? Has the efcc ever indicted ameachi for corruption as speaker of the state house? Unlike odili who they have hunted to the point he has twisted the legal system with the aid of his wife to give himself permanent immunity from the law. Where is the evidence, sir?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by BetaThings: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
lincolnj88: grin Ameachi a$$ must be boiling seeing lamido a$$ on fire... grin

@topic ameachi is becoming dumb....
nd d nation loss $89 billion to crude Oil theft..........
I trust noi
Really $89billion?
What is the size of the Nigerian economy and budget?
Anyway if we produced 2m barrels of oil per day at $100 per barrel for 365 days, we would have $73billion

It is impossible to trust your figures etc

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
texazzpete:

Well, first you must render an account of what you have done with the education you've received so far. I mean, I cannot believe the inanity of your response. The outstanding question YOU should be asking (as that affects all 160+ million Nigerians, not just the people of Rivers State) is why the ECA monies are being used to fund the SURE-P program.
Were you deaf when GEJ told us this scheme would utilize the funds saved from the partial removal of the fuel subsidies to carry out its activities? Why the double dipping here? Who authorized NOI to do this?

Put aside these petty politics and pretend for once that you care about this country more than your pocket!

Your freedom of speech/opinion do not warrant you insulting others and you aint the only one asking questions on SURE-P scheme on this thread except you mean every response/question on this thread should be about that.

I took strong exception to your so-called petty politics and insinuation that i do not care about this country. What do you take me for, a political goon or what?

Pls keep your know-it-all attitude to yourself!
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Why should SURE-P be funded with ECA? What happened to the about 30 naira realized from every litre of PMS since the increase in pump price to 97 naira, that we were told would be used to fund SURE-P? Can we then say the Senate was right when it claimed the NNPC could not make it, which now stands at 500 billion, available?
OLODO, when did d FG 'realise' #30 from every litre of petrol? So yr small head think that it was d Oil marketers that were paying the Govt? ... OLODO

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
taharqa: OLODO, when did d FG 'realise' #30 from every litre of petrol? So yr small head think that it was d Oil marketers that were paying the Govt? ... OLODO
You're as clueless as your paymaster. We're waiting for 2015 to see if he is going dodge debate to appear before that of Dbanj. He didn't even know the meaning of job security.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by musiwa112: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2013
ha ha.. have ever seen a man who take money with him.. $5 billion vs $ 20 billion.. men .. there is none like God.

Kabi o osi o

Kabi o osi o

You are the King above all the earth
Kabi O o si o
KabiOosi

Kabi O o si o
Kabi O osi

come on raise your voice and sing

Kabi O o si o
Kabi O o si o
Kabi O o si o
KabiO osi

we praise You we praise You
Kabi O o si o
Kabi O o si o
(You areYou are) You are the King above all the earth
Kabi O o si o
KabiO osi

Kabi O o si o
Kabi O o si o
Kabi O o si o
KabiO osi

Kabi O o si o
Kabi O o si o
Kabi O o si o
KabiO osi

Kabi O o si o
Kabi O osi

Kabi O o si o
Kabi O osi

Kabi O o si o
Kabi O osi

we praise You
we praise You
You are worthy
There is no God beside You
You are not a man that You should lie
Neither the Son of man that You should repent
we bow before You
we bow before You
Kabi O si o

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
texazzpete:

Well, first you must render an account of what you have done with the education you've received so far. I mean, I cannot believe the inanity of your response. The outstanding question YOU should be asking (as that affects all 160+ million Nigerians, not just the people of Rivers State) is why the ECA monies are being used to fund the SURE-P program.
Were you deaf when GEJ told us this scheme would utilize the funds saved from the partial removal of the fuel subsidies to carry out its activities? Why the double dipping here? Who authorized NOI to do this
?

Put aside these petty politics and pretend for once that you care about this country more than your pocket!
Another OLODO.... So the FG was receiving money from smwhere (from d Oil marketers perhaps?) that it wud then 'save' parts of it as 'partial savings' for SURE-P??..... IGNORAMUS
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
Timehin:

Your freedom of speech/opinion do not warrant you insulting others and you aint the only one asking questions on SURE-P scheme on this thread except you mean every response/question on this thread should be about that.

I wasn't insulting you, I was merely telling you the hard truths you have blinded yourself to.
And yes, it would be apt if every response was on the topic at hand (the pertinent questions posed to NOI) and not attempts to discredit Amaechi.

Timehin:

I took strong exception to your so-called petty politics and insinuation that i do not care about this country.

Then damn well act like you care about this country instead of making noise. This country is badly broken and is veering off course. Some of us want to fix this for our future and our children's future. Get on this train or get out.

Timehin:

What do you take me for, a political goon or what?

Yes. You put it better than I could have. Kudos cheesy

Of course, I could be wrong and you may not be one of the paid political goons here. You could just be guilty of making a rather daft post. Refrain from doing so in the future and you may just be mistaken for a true patriot smiley

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Pribo(m): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
Symphony007: it's very easy to say that but providing evidence is another thing. Where is the evidence? Has the efcc ever indicted ameachi for corruption as speaker of the state house? Unlike odili who they have hunted to the point he has twisted the legal system with the aid of his wife to give himself permanent immunity from the law. Where is the evidence, sir?

MR man EFCC only arrest those who don't know the system. We are talking about clear conscience. The looting of the state treasury was done under his nose and he never ask such garrulous questions as he is doing now. Do not be deceived. Just upgrade or you'll be ready tools in the hands of politicians like Amaechi come 2015
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by greggng: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
Amaechi is in deed the president nigeria never had. That is the main reason why gej and wike the foot soldier. Belief that he should nor be the governors forun chairman. Unfortunately those that re fighting him lack knowledge of what a governor forum chairman should be. He should be a chair for both majority parties and minority parties. Is a shame that gej want to remove amaechi cos he needs someone that will not question his actions. So that he can steal as much as he can. Thank God for amaechi cos history will remenber him for standing his ground dispite the power that be.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You're as clueless as your paymaster. We're waiting for 2015 to see if he is going dodge debate to appear before that of Dbanj. He didn't even know the meaning of job security.
OLODO, answer my question: were d Oil marketers paying d FG, such that d FG cud now 'save' d extra #32 it 'has made' from d Partial removal of subsidy??... Answer d questn. Save d semantics for those who care

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
taharqa: Another OLODO.... So the FG was receiving money from smwhere (from d Oil marketers perhaps?) that it wud then 'save' parts of it as 'partial savings' for SURE-P??..... IGNORAMUS

FG has been spending 'X naira' per litre on fuel subsidies
FG now spends '(X -32) naira' on fuel subsidies

By not spending the N32 on subsidies per litre, the FG now gets to keep N30 per litre compared to the previous years.

Shall I recommend a good dictionary for you to check the meaning of the word 'saved'?

I have always known you were the least educated, the weakest link and the most clueless of all the paid propagandists on Nairaland. Thank you for living up to your reputation. I only hope that the likes of Sincere9igerian have been able to negotiate higher rates than yourself.

At least you remain marginally better than willywilly. That's something.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
texazzpete:

FG has been spending 'X naira' per litre on fuel subsidies
FG now spends '(X -32) naira' on fuel subsidies

By not spending the N32 on subsidies per litre, the FG now gets to keep N30 per litre compared to the previous years

Shall I recommend a good dictionary for you to check the meaning of the word 'saved'?

I have always known you were the least educated, the weakest link and the most clueless of all the paid propagandists on Nairaland. Thank you for living up to your reputation. I only hope that the likes of Sincere9igerian have been able to negotiate higher rates than yourself.

At least you remain marginally better than willywilly. That's something.
OK. So where was d FG getting d #X it was spending for the Subsidy initiali, even b4 it started 'saving' d extra #32 when it partially removed d subsidy?? The Oil marketers? Surely, according to you, it cud not have been from any of Govt's Accounts/Funds, since Govt cud not now be paying d #32 differential from one of its Accounts (ie ECA) cos it promised to 'save' that differential as SURE-P (again, according to you)? Right??

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
texazzpete:

I wasn't insulting you, I was merely telling you the hard truths you have blinded yourself to.
And yes, it would be apt if every response was on the topic at hand (the pertinent questions posed to NOI) and not attempts to discredit Amaechi.

Then damn well act like you care about this country instead of making noise. This country is badly broken and is veering off course. Some of us want to fix this for our future and our children's future. Get on this train or get out.

Yes. You put it better than I could have. Kudos cheesy

Of course, I could be wrong and you may not be one of the paid political goons here. You could just be guilty of making a rather daft post. Refrain from doing so in the future and you may just be mistaken for a true patriot smiley

You responses so far on this thread shows that you are an idiotic uncouth fella. It wil be a waste of time bandying words with you.
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
taharqa: OK. So where was d FG getting d #X it was spending for the Subsidy initiali, even b4 it started 'saving' d extra #32 when it partially removed d subsidy?? The Oil marketers? Surely, according to you, it cud not have been from any of Govt's Accounts/Funds, since Govt cud not now be paying d #32 differential from one of its Accounts (ie ECA) cos it promised to 'save' that differential as SURE-P (again, according to you)? Right??

http://www.sure-p.gov.ng/index.cfm/sure-p-secretariat/policy/introduction/

From the official SURE-P website

The reduction of the fuel subsidy by the Federal Government in January 2012, as a deliberate policy aimed at conserving and maximizing the oil wealth of Nigeria, generated cries of discontent, fear and worry amongst Nigerians which led to a national strike. In response to the cries of Nigerians, the President announced the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) to reinvest the Federal Government’s share of the savings arising from the reduction of subsidies on petroleum products into programmes and initiatives that would go a long way to ease the pain of subsidy removal and create a better life for Nigerians.

See where the word 'savings' appears? On the official website, no less?
We're going no further with this until you unconditionally apologize for abusing your betters over the 'savings' word that even the SURE-P agency uses liberally.

Now, are you going to man up and apologize?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
Timehin:

You responses so far on this thread shows that you are an idiotic uncouth fella.

That may well be. But my responses on this thread also show that your intelligence is at a far lower level than mine or anyone else here.

Timehin:

It wil be a waste of time bandying words with you.

Actually, It will not be a waste of time. You may learn the benefits of being a patriotic citizen if you tarry awhile. I nurse the impression that these few exchanges we've had have left you wiser and less prone to inane outbursts.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by maximuz: 8:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
[quote author=jazzydee]Amaechi again !to render account in just one out of the 36 states him no fit, na to render account for the federation na him im dey try? I don tire for this man abeg make him go sidon for ground.

"I respect the office of the minister of finance"... The same one where a month ago you were calling for her resignation!

This gov. don kolo abeg make someone help am

Another big slowpoke on nairaland...whose duty is it to defend life nd property' FEDERAAL GOVT' ..everyday ya so called minister tells us dat oil thief stole our oil and u belief dem wen dei cant do what d pple elected dem to do...if u think dat amaechi is doing d wrong thing by telling d minister to be accountable..why no also look for someone to probe him as well instead of u criticizin a man who wants fairness and ekwity on ECA SHARIN

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
mlane: Can somebody pls tell Amaechi to keep his mouth shut? I'm tired of listening to this guy everyday. He should look for something better to speak about.

Would you prefer he speaks about Tiwa Savage's wedding? Aki and Pawpaw? The state of Nollywood?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
texazzpete:

http://www.sure-p.gov.ng/index.cfm/sure-p-secretariat/policy/introduction/

From the official SURE-P website

The reduction of the fuel subsidy by the Federal Government in January 2012, as a deliberate policy aimed at conserving and maximizing the oil wealth of Nigeria, generated cries of discontent, fear and worry amongst Nigerians which led to a national strike. In response to the cries of Nigerians, the President announced the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) to reinvest the Federal Government’s share of the savings arising from the reduction of subsidies on petroleum products into programmes and initiatives that would go a long way to ease the pain of subsidy removal and create a better life for Nigerians.

See where the word 'savings' appears? On the official website, no less?
We're going no further with this until you unconditionally apologize for abusing your betters over the 'savings' word that even the SURE-P agency uses liberally.

Now, are you going to man up and apologize?
Now am enjoying this. Hehehehehe.... OK. So d FG after partial subsidy removal currently 'saves' d differential of #32 from d #X it was spending (ie paying) initiali as Subsidy money. Right? We both are in agreement here then. The question that naturali follows is: where did d FG get that original #X it was spending (paying) as Subsidy to Oil marketers, from which this #32 differential was 'saved'??..... Abeg, answer quick. Na dem I go tell you wetin I wan reali tell you. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by otokx(m): 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ngozi Okonji Iweala should have kept quiet, now she has just exposed herself for nothing.
Amaechi just gave her a TKO.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
taharqa: Now am enjoying this. Hehehehehe.... OK. So d FG after partial subsidy removal currently 'saves' d differential of #32 from d #X it was spending (ie paying) initiali as Subsidy money. Right. We both are in agreement here. The question that naturali follows is: where did d FG get that original #X it was spending (paying) as Subsidy to Oil marketers, from which this #32 differential was 'saved'??..... Abeg, answer quick. Na dem I go tell you wetin I wan reali tell you. Thanks

This doesn't sound like an apology. Let's try again, shall we?
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by ibietela2(m): 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
greggng: Amaechi is in deed the president nigeria never had. That is the main reason why gej and wike the foot soldier. Belief that he should nor be the governors forun chairman. Unfortunately those that re fighting him lack knowledge of what a governor forum chairman should be. He should be a chair for both majority parties and minority parties. Is a shame that gej want to remove amaechi cos he needs someone that will not question his actions. So that he can steal as much as he can. Thank God for amaechi cos history will remenber him for standing his ground dispite the power that be.

Mehn you are very confused.
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by atlwireles: 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
otokx: Ngozi Okonji Iweala should have kept quiet, now she has just exposed herself for nothing.
Amaechi just gave her a TKO.

Is ALUU still in darkness grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by igala1(m): 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
take dat: Is Amaechi a member of the Jang led NGF? Is Jang elected to govern Nigeria. Each State is a stake holder, Plateau cannot decide for Lagos or Rivers likewise Rivers cannot decide for Plateau. The ECA is not a FG account, it is a Federation Account. The President cannot unilaterally make decisions to deduct from the ECA to augment the shortfall in revenue simply because he is incapable of curbing crude oil theft. The problem is that there is no synergy, and you can't lay the blame solely at the feet of Amaechi, the President himself is guilty.

If you guys want to attack Amaechi, I am less concerned but he raised genuine questions!

Please peeps let's hear the message and not the messenger

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
texazzpete:

This doesn't sound like an apology. Let's try again, shall we?
Ok. I 'apologize' to you. Now, answer my question abeg grin.... I dey wait

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by taharqa: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
igala1:

Please peeps let's hear the message and not the messenger
Please peep, what 'message' is that??
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by debbleopto: 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2013
ujoinme: The Same questions could be asked of Gov. Amaechi Of the N56billion He has recieved from the federation Account,
What has he done with it?
Where does he get the money to fund all the anti GEJ forums and conferences with his group of G7 govs?
Can Amaechi render account of the N56 Billion of the rivers state sovereign wealth to the people of rivers state?
What has amaechi achieved during his second term mandate in rivers state to improve the lots of the citizens of that state?

Until Amaechi sets the record straight on the issue of accountability of his state funds which he is the custodian, He is not in any position to demand accountability from anyone including the FG.

You may be saying this because your relative is collecting salary from the federal government . You are satisfied with 5 years unemployment after graduation. That's why. your sisters collected 1000 naira for four years for voting the wicked politicians.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by igala1(m): 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2013
Its relatively obvious that only persons with background in finance, accounting and banking would understand the financial risk requiring mitigants we are in. This explains why the government look like "super-human" to the rest "naïve" ones amongst us.
Let me break it down as a layman

Sure P= margin in pump price,current price-old price I.e N97-N65=N32/litre
FAAC=crude oil accruals, I.e sales-expenses,cost of production=unknown
Excess Crude Account-ECA (savings)=margin btw global price- pegged budget estimate($110- $79)/mbpd =$41/mbpd.

What this implies is as follows:
1. If ECA is used to sustain sure-p, where is Sure-P?
2. NNPC, Min Fin,Min Pet and CBN have to give a/c of figures for sales and expenses to configure FAAC.

Here smart accountants can manipulate figures and deceive the un-noticing public.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by lymelyte(m): 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account by texazzpete(m): 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
taharqa: Ok. I 'apologize' to you. Now, answer my question abeg grin.... I dey wait

Lame apology, but it will suffice.

Fuel Subsidy monies are included in the budget...absolutely nothing to do with the ECA. Anything else?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N15bn: EFCC Submits Report To President / Malami: It’s Long I Heard About Attacks In Markets, Worship Places / Lagos4Lagos Group Sacks Chairman Over Alleged Receipt Of ₦100m From Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.