Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! (19229 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Audi B5 420-R DTM: The Build / 2005 Audi A4 Vs 2000 Honda Accord (baby Boy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by chucky234(m): 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
lomomike:

[size=1pt]Lemme spoil his mood and day[/size]. If OP's Audi is a quattro and he sling towed it, he should gather money for new front and rear diff and new gearbox. Guess what? The money to buy these parts go run into hundreds of thousands and e plenty o!

We never start to talk about transporting the parts or even mechanic workmanship.
You be village winch wey follow the guy ni
lol
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 6:14am On Apr 28, 2015
if i was to tow a manual transmission quattro with all wheels down but in neutral, would it cause any problems?

I understand towing for long distance may cause problems because heat may build up in the transmission. But say intervals of 10km at a time.
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 6:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Very nice car you got.
I intend to uograde my C5 A6 to this C6 family soon. I was going to go for the biggest turbocharged 4 cylinder, but recently i got smoked by a v6 accord and Avalon. Their acceleration was frustrating.
(4 cylinder because relative ease of repairs, but then why be scared of repairs if im power hungry? Why expect expensive repairs anyway with proper maintenance and a good buy). Mind made up on a V6 already.

Swapped out e brake button? Like you changed the lever to a button? Or why did you change it?

KA24DETT:
2005 Audi A6
156000kms 4.2 V8
Mods include . Swapped MMI button from RS6 ($1000), Dension Bluetooth streaming ($500) , 20% tint all way,Emergency brake button swap..
I named her Giselle.. Love her till death. This car has been very reliable so far..
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 6:23am On Apr 28, 2015
samir101ng:
Saving up for my dream car.

Audi A4 2010 V6 AWD

Nice car. Only thing i didn't like was the lack of rear AC vents. I understand the ones under the front seats would do anyway. In this clime if you park outdoor for an hour and get back into your car you need your face cooled asap.
Im still torn between the A6 and the A4 anyway.
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 6:37am On Apr 28, 2015
Siena:
Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYtIO5cGAkc

Bruh! Thats some serious drifting. I've been trying to 'minidrift' on my FWD A6 lol, since its going out of my hands soon. Safely of course. Heavy car. Always oversteering. But I'll just get this cheap toks 316i someone just put up for sale nearby for my adrenaline needs and cop a B6 A6 later. I just don't know a 1549cc naturally aspirated engine would feel to me behind the steering.
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by KA24DETT(m): 8:38am On Apr 28, 2015
XerXesNG:
Very nice car you got.
I intend to uograde my C5 A6 to this C6 family soon. I was going to go for the biggest turbocharged 4 cylinder, but recently i got smoked by a v6 accord and Avalon. Their acceleration was frustrating.
(4 cylinder because relative ease of repairs, but then why be scared of repairs if im power hungry? Why expect expensive repairs anyway with proper maintenance and a good buy). Mind made up on a V6 already.

Swapped out e brake button? Like you changed the lever to a button? Or why did you change it?

Bro, 05-06 e-brake button does not have the chrome-ends but the 09 has the chrome ends so I swapped it . It's a subtle difference. Not major. The only major swap I did was the MMI interface, I bought one from the RS6. They are nicer but expensive
Bro, the V6 C6 is not that incredibly fast but still faster than the accords no doubt. I went for the V8 because I do not want to deal with the carbon cleaning thats required with the V6.
I don't know about that turbo 4cylinder, that must be an european specs.
Sienna can chime in on that.
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 9:10am On Apr 28, 2015
Carbon cleaning?
I didn't know about that.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/336352-Audi-FSI-Engine-Carbon-Build-up-Megathread
But it seems to be with all FSI engines.

KA24DETT:

Bro, 05-06 e-brake button does not have the chrome-ends but the 09 has the chrome ends so I swapped it . It's a subtle difference. Not major. The only major swap I did was the MMI interface, I bought one from the RS6. They are nicer but expensive
Bro, the V6 C6 is not that incredibly fast but still faster than the accords no doubt. I went for the V8 because I do not want to deal with the carbon cleaning thats required with the V6.
I don't know about that turbo 4cylinder, that must be an european specs.
Sienna can chime in on that.
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by KA24DETT(m): 9:14am On Apr 28, 2015
XerXesNG:
Carbon cleaning?
I didn't know about that.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/336352-Audi-FSI-Engine-Carbon-Build-up-Megathread
But it seems to be with all FSI engines.

Yeah.. its huge. can cost upwards of 1k for a session and i believe you have to do it once in 2 years or thereabout. Too much headache for me
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 9:17am On Apr 28, 2015
Maybe thats why i see a lot of audi V6s at my mechanics workshop with some engine issue. I need to use at least a V6 next, but I'll run into this issue more frequently because i do a lot of miles per week. And that 4.2L V8? Well...the cost will be on the high side.

And the 4.2L V8 FSI doesn't have that problem? Interesting. Do you use your car in Nigeria?

KA24DETT:

Yeah.. its huge. can cost upwards of 1k for a session and i believe you have to do it once in 2 years or thereabout. Too much headache for me
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by KA24DETT(m): 9:24am On Apr 28, 2015
XerXesNG:
And the 4.2L V8 FSI doesn't have that problem? Interesting. Do you use your car in Nigeria?

05-07 A6 4.2 dont have the same problem.. I am shipping it to Nigeria in few weeks to spend its remaining life there
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2015
I think doing that carbon cleanup will cost a lot less here though.

KA24DETT:

05-07 A6 4.2 dont have the same problem.. I am shipping it to Nigeria in few weeks to spend its remaining life there
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by KA24DETT(m): 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
XerXesNG:
I think doing that carbon cleanup will cost a lot less here though.

That's if they can do it right .. It's not easy as it sounds . U have to loosen the top end and clean the cylinders .
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
But you don't have to dismount the engine Or replace any parts right? Lol they'll do it here for 150$ or less. Except at a standard auto shop though. I've come to understand when to go to a standard workshop and when to go to a roadside mechanic.

KA24DETT:

That's if they can do it right .. It's not easy as it sounds . U have to loosen the top end and clean the cylinders .
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
chuksmoney:
Good evening Sienna
My 07 volkswagen Jetta's temperature light is blinking on idle and temperature Guage rises to 190 Fahrenheit.
What could be the cause and possible solution?

That is about 97 degrees C. Not too hot, these cars run as hot as 100 degrees C if driven under arduous conditions. The blinking light is puzzling though.

Does your coolant actually boil? I would be inclined to read live data on a decent OBD tool, an see exactly what your coolant is running at. It could well be a faulty instrument cluster.

1 Like

Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by KA24DETT(m): 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
XerXesNG:
But you don't have to dismount the engine Or replace any parts right? Lol they'll do it here for 150$ or less. Except at a standard auto shop though. I've come to understand when to go to a standard workshop and when to go to a roadside mechanic.

No u dont have to dismount the engine... but u have to scrub off the carbon on each cylinder and it takes time considering u gona be working on 6 cylinders
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by jonnyp(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
@siena pls I want to buy passat 2009 nigeria use..can u tell me more about the car
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by redcliff: 9:20pm On May 01, 2015
Siena:

A transmission drain and refill is a good idea, as long as the correct Audi fluid is used. If you use any other substitute, your transmission will fail. If you do NOT intend to use the correct Audi ATF, my advice will be to leave it well alone, unless you intend to purchase a replacement tranny.

Another issue is mileage. What is the current mileage of your Audi A6? When the ATF line got broken, was the transmission starved of oil for even a short period? Is the PRNDS indicator on the dash all lit up as one?

What is the implication of this light?
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 01, 2015
redcliff:
What is the implication of this light?

That is the transmission's equivalent of a Check Engine Light (CEL). The transmission is in limp mode.
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by redcliff: 10:12pm On May 01, 2015
Siena:

That is the transmission's equivalent of a Check Engine Light (CEL). The transmission is in limp mode.

What does limp node mean? Does it mean a total transmission change?
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by pinetulips(m): 2:34am On May 02, 2015
@Siena. Pls tel me more about Audi a4 2010. v6 AWD.
WILL A BUDGET OF 650-700K PURCHASE ONE? I AM A NEWBIE. MY DREAM CAR
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by Nobody: 8:01am On May 02, 2015
pinetulips:

700K will buy you a stolen 2010 Audi A4 Quattro 3.2 V6. Or an engine and transmission, you'll just have to save up for a bodyshell, then wheels, interior, glass etc.

Even for one who isn't car savvy, does 700K sound plausible for a 4-year-old Audi A4 B8? angry
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by Nobody: 8:36am On May 02, 2015
Siena:

700K will buy you a stolen 2010 Audi A4 Quattro 3.2 V6. Or an engine and transmission, you'll just have to save up for a bodyshell, then wheels, interior, glass etc.

Even for one who isn't car savvy, does 700K sound plausible for a 4-year-old Audi A4 B8? angry

Epic reply of the century cheesy

Even A 99 camry can't be bought with such amount except na theft or Nigerian abused.
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by pinetulips(m): 9:10am On May 02, 2015
Siena:

Haba Siena no vex oh. So which decent model of cars in the Audi family can be bought at 700k.

I for love Audi 80 awd full option(tiger face)....what is the price range for this car
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by chucky234(m): 11:08pm On May 02, 2015
pinetulips:

Haba Siena no vex oh. So which decent model of cars in the Audi family can be bought at 700k.

I for love Audi 80 awd full option(tiger face)....what is the price range for this car
Add 100k to the 700k then call me, I'll get you a clean 1999/2000 Audi A4 or A6

1 Like

Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by eromspete(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2015
NO Oga. That money wont but you your dream car.

Audis are not that cheap. I've go one and she's a beauty

pinetulips:
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by eromspete(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2015
There's mine

2008 Audi A4, B7 S-Line Edition

2.0L, 4 Cyl Engine.

7 Speed tiptronic with sport mode...

Love her to bits and will only consider selling at the right price grin grin grin

Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2015
eromspete:
There's mine

2008 Audi A4, B7 S-Line Edition

2.0L, 4 Cyl Engine.

7 Speed tiptronic with sport mode...

Love her to bits and will only consider selling at the right price grin grin grin

Did you say consider selling?
Is your 2.0L engine turbocharged?
Is fuel injection stratified? (FSI)
How much would you want to sell it?
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 9:59am On May 04, 2015
Would be nice to have a well moderated Audi Whatsapp group with well behaved members like the BMW owners do.

I don't know if siena will be open to this idea but without you in the group, it wouldn't hold much water to be honest.

I don't mind being the host or 'inviter' if thats where the stress lies.
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by eromspete(m): 10:00am On May 04, 2015
American spec cars have FSI Engines and turbos as default. This is European thus its not an FSI Engine. Also it does not have turbo. You will not have the cam follower issue that affects FSI engines

XerXesNG:

Did you say consider selling?
Is your 2.0L engine turbocharged?
Is fuel injection stratified? (FSI)
How much would you want to sell it?
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 10:12am On May 04, 2015
eromspete:
American spec cars have FSI Engines and turbos as default. This is European thus its not an FSI Engine. Also it does not have turbo. You will not have the cam follower issue that affects FSI engines

Well noted.
You're not power hungry are you?

By the way, FSI engines are becoming scarier to me. Carbon build up, now cam follower issues?
Re: Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! by XerXesNG(m): 10:14am On May 04, 2015
jonnyp:
@siena pls I want to buy passat 2009 nigeria use..can u tell me more about the car

You can get enough information about the car on the internet. Research first then people can help with whatever you do not understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get Your Vehicle Tracked. / Samuel Eto'o Shows Off His New Car Worth Millions Of Dollars - Bugatti Veyron / Top 8 Common Car Facts That Are Actually Not True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.