Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? (13549 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Osaze Odemwingie Win Epl Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Aderupoko2: 11:50am On Nov 30, 2013
Abeg, allow Keshie to think.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Etumgbe(m): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2013
no
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by nerodenero: 11:51am On Nov 30, 2013
Obiagu1: The question should be: Can Osazie make CSKA Moscow team that Ahmed Musa plays for as a regular?

The answer is NO, Osazie is not better than Musa.
Any day and any time, I will pick Osaze over Musa. For Musa, his final ball or cross is always a disaster and Osaze's ego has no measure. If he can put his ego aside, he can still be useful. Besides, he can play from both wings and play as a lone striker.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2013
Not that i hate Osaze but let him chilled, we don't need his services, thanks but no thanks to him we need to allow the younger ones to also give their best shot_ Hence, Op, Please convey my message to him on Twitter
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by lexyman(m): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2013
Keshi has said it , that the door is open for every player , it depends on the individual performance @ club level that will give them opportunity to show what they 've got .
Every other player deserves a call up . We need a creative midfielder .

At the moment his performance is below average and if he can play better than this in d coming few months , then he deserves to go to the World Cup because experience matters a lot .
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by alotofgrace(m): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2013
anybody deserves second shances..

who du u think is s.tupid?....http://abume4life..com/2013/11/who-is-stupid-joke.html
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: an interesting choice of words, we 'need' him. Please tell us why we NEED him? Aren't there others that can perform better but haven't had that chance? Will his exclusion from the WC deplete our chances of having a good outing?
good outing? We are talking o winning the cup here miss!
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by rusher14: 11:56am On Nov 30, 2013
We need peace in the camp.
Osaze, good player though he is, polarizes opinion and has fallen-out too often with his trainers, the press and fans.
On present form, he is yet to hit the heights we've always attributed to his style.
If and only if he can reach those heights and shows remorse should he even be considered for a call-up let alone the final cut.
With the national team, they have surpassed most people's expectation without the inclusion of the 'Big Boys' who only faltered whenever they were called up,
Harmony is essential to the performance of any team especially in a competition as big as world cup.
More than anything, the Manager and coaching team should have exclusive right to selecting players.
They know have played this game, they know these boys, have acquired the requisite training and importantly, they have delivered.
I think any other way would be a distraction.

2 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by profbrightuzoma: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Well for me they can still call osaze. If u want musa to be replaced.. First tell me what wings osaze play before I say anything
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chrisskyface(m): 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
He has had a world cup experience dan those players,wc is nt a game of boys,bt meant for men of xperience,osaze deserves world cup call-up
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by usbcable(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
Some folks toiled to win us the Nations Cup

Same folks sacrificed alot to qualify us for the World Cup (first time in a long time we did this without permutations and combinations of mathematical theories)

why now deny one of them to reap the fruit of his labour because of somebody that is known to forment trouble more than create peace

4 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by usbcable(m): 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
NO[size=20pt]NO[/size]NO

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
kolawaxxy: good outing? We are talking o winning the cup here miss!
Good outing- S/final, Final or a Win. I don't think Osaze adds anything but trouble. Wasn't it Adebayor's arrogance that led to Keshi's sack as Togo's coach? Osaze will come in and de-stabilize the team with his 'I'm the bomb diggity' attitude. Just one player could ruin a team. We've made too much progress to allow common Osaze ruin it. Better to even call up the U-17 kids if we're so desperate for replacements, at least those ones will be humble
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Tubo3(m): 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dj zzyzx: we need him more than ever, though he has to put his ego aside and really pledge to the national team.

he deserves a call up.
Perfect write up perfect answer...... The team needs him
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
chris skyface: He has had a world cup experience dan those players,wc is nt a game of boys,bt meant for men of xperience,osaze deserves world cup call-up
fuq experience. We took a bunch of unknowns to AFCON and triumphed over experienced players like Drogba, Toure, Sani Keita, Kalou. Experience doesn't win trophies, DETERMINATION, PERSEVERANCE, POSITIVITY AND RAW HUNGER do

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Drpazienza: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
we 9jerians dnt nid him he shud go to hell

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tubo3:
Just give me 5 reasons why we need Osaze and not Ike Uche
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
damosky12: If Osaze is in form and has got his attitudes right, He will sure give more options to the Super Eagles attack. I think he deserves a call up
OSAZE in form? This must be a joke.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by obinoral(m): 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
If he scores against gunners today then he deserve to be on the plane to brazil. @ op u fine no b small.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by EmperorAugustus(m): 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
You are right, let him prove himself.
obinoral: If he scores against gunners today then he deserve to be on the plane to brazil. @ op u fine no b small.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
no
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by fctguy: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
[size=48pt]No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No[/size]

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nonso23: I keep saying this on and off here: The only thing preventing osaze from making it to the world cup is his ego. Nobody, I repeat, nobody currently playing the wings in the super eagles has that flair and mastery of the game like Osaze(IMO). Another thing is his experience. All big teams that will be playing in the world cup come 2014 have at least 3 or more experienced players. Mikel and Enyeama(a goalie sef) aside, no other person fits that description in our team .

Younger is not always better. As much as football is a physical game it is also psychological. Imagine the intimidation ideye will feel going up against Pepe or Ramos or Luis? or Oboabuna going up against Ronaldo or The king himself-Messi? grin

when experienced players are stocked together with young players there is a superb blend of morale(check out the Italy vs Nigeria match after pirlo came on). I believe our attack will be our saving grace come 2014 and Osaze up front will help keep our confidence against the defense monsters we have in the top footballing countries. If and only if he is ready to drop the ego rubbish and get his act back together there is no one capable of competing with him for a shirt..
#epistle
Though Ideye has been playing poorly for the Super Eagles but he has been a better player in Europe than Osaze, Ideye has a far better goal ratio than Osaze in Europe.
The fact that Cardiff City signed Osaze in a 5yr deal for £2.5m shows he cant compete in a bigger club like Dymamo Kiev where Ideye has been their best striker in the last 4 seasons and thats something Osaze never achieved in Belgium,France,Russia and England.
Base on current form Osaze will never make the first team of Dynamo Kiev or CSKA Moscow where Ideye and Musa plays respectively, the problems with Musa and Ideye in the national team lies with the coaches and not in the players' abilities. The coaching crew need to instill confidence in both players and help improve their games, Ideye has often been played out of position,he strive well in the number 9 role and thats the position he play at D. Kiev.
Osaze is over hyped and overrated.

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by arantess: 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
bboiabb: We don't need him AT ALL. lets stop acting as if we are going to die without him. Where was he when we won AFCON, qualified for the world cup and played 2-2 (with our semi-weaker team) against italy

Honestly, if we must say that we "need" someone, that person is definitely ike uche who is banging goals left, right, center for his team villareal
did u see his one yard headed miss....yakubus miss na small
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nonso23: I keep saying this on and off here: The only thing preventing osaze from making it to the world cup is his ego. Nobody, I repeat, nobody currently playing the wings in the super eagles has that flair and mastery of the game like Osaze(IMO). Another thing is his experience. All big teams that will be playing in the world cup come 2014 have at least 3 or more experienced players. Mikel and Enyeama(a goalie sef) aside, no other person fits that description in our team .

Younger is not always better. As much as football is a physical game it is also psychological. Imagine the intimidation ideye will feel going up against Pepe or Ramos or Luis? or Oboabuna going up against Ronaldo or The king himself-Messi? grin

when experienced players are stocked together with young players there is a superb blend of morale(check out the Italy vs Nigeria match after pirlo came on). I believe our attack will be our saving grace come 2014 and Osaze up front will help keep our confidence against the defense monsters we have in the top footballing countries. If and only if he is ready to drop the ego rubbish and get his act back together; there is no one currently in the team that capable of competing with him for a shirt..
#epistle
of course experience counts, cuz Sunday Mba was soo scared of Drogba and we all saw how Austin Ejide stepped away from the goal post when Balotelli and Pirlo were unleashed. You can make a poor man think he's better than Dangote just by what you say to him, a good psychologist can make these guys think they're better than CR7and Pele put together.

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by obinoral(m): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: of course experience counts, cuz Sunday Mba was soo scared of Drogba and we all saw how Austin Ejide stepped away from the goal post when Balotelli and Pirlo were unleashed. You can make a poor man think he's better than Dangote just by what you say to him, a good psychologist can make these guys think they're better than CR7and Pele put together.
example basel against the sepe team but my dear it is rare.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
Why bring problem into the team?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tubo3:
No the team dont need him, he has add nothing meaningful to Cardiff City so far and was substituted early in their last game with no shot on goal, Kim was introduced and savaged a point for Cardiff.
Ideye is first choice at Dynamo Kiev while Musa is playing in the Champions League, Osaze is younger than Ibra but still make things happen at PSG which is one of the biggest clubs in France.
Osaze was bad luck to Lille before he was sold to Locomotive Moscow and their fans were jubilating when he was sold to WBA where he had just a single season worth noting.
Yakubu was a far better player than Osaze, dude is overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by ULQUIORRA: 12:47pm On Nov 30, 2013

when experienced players are stocked together with young players there is a superb blend of morale(check out the Italy vs Nigeria match after pirlo came on). I believe our attack will be our saving grace come 2014 and Osaze up front will help keep our confidence against the defense monsters we have in the top footballing countries. If and only if he is ready to drop the ego rubbish and get his act back together; there is no one currently in the team that capable of competing with him for a shirt..
#epistle
dude u are very wrong. dese same inexperienced boys successfully went up against d likes of Drogba, Yaya Toure, Montolivo, Kanoute, Balotelli and even won the nations cup and could av performed better at d CONF cup if not 4 injuries.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by boban007: 12:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
He deserves a call up.we need to go to the world cup with our best players.we should not make same mistake we made at confederation cup.osaze is still better and more experienced than almost the super eagles squad.just that he needs to be more disciplined and I think he has learnt his lessons the hard way.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Austria: Cyprus Women's Cup - 1 - 4 (Full Time) / Wenger Insists Arsenal Are "In Good Shape" Despite Woeful Start To The Season / Don’t Take South Africa For Granted, Fans Caution Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.