Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? (13552 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Osaze Odemwingie Win Epl Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
victorD3:

Ok start listing others that can perform better?
Ike Uche, Obafemi Martins(this guy especially bothers to go all out for Naija), Anichebe- if we must call old players. There could be a ton of talent out there we haven't discovered yet and we're wasting time promoting Osaze. Girls who like Osaze just do so because he's mixed, they couldn't care less if he was on a wheelchair, they'd still expect him to be fielded. @goodgood, mad at him for leaving me for oyibo? That's funny, Osaze is too old for me. I used to like him, back when he was a nice guy who wasn't claiming rights he hadn't earned and running his mouth on twitter(I mean really, a grown man taking his beef to twitter, who does that?), attitude goes a long way for me, so all of that just irked me. He'll make the initial 30-man list for the WC, no 2 ways bout that, will he make the 23-man list? Maybe, maybe not. Do I think he should? No. My opinion.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by SIRKOL(m): 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
striker9: its obvious Keshi doesn't need him,with the likes of Ameobi and Dike that have shown there seriousness,Keshi already has a list of player that will make it to the world cup.He will only work on standby players like Ik Uche,Taiwo and Osaze,in case any of the 1st team player picks up an injury.I'm an Osaze fan,but nobody is bigger than the team,the team has been through developmental stages together and won't be very easy anyone to break into without hard work.Keshi already has his list,and I don't think Osaze can make it,its kinda late.
just listen 2 urself! King solomon said "wisdom is profitable" if we hv a beta squad with osaze which I belv we hv, y won't we give him a call up Despite $uarez attitude to Lfc, yet he is welcomed in the team having played just 7 games n having 9 goals which had fixed liverpoo A$$ 2nd in d table which I know without him, it wouldn't hv been $o. Dey r futballers, allow their games speak 4 dem, njoy dem while dey last afterall, dey to will age 1 day just use him now afterall he had apologised! N did I hear som1 say musa is beta dan him? Well dats only true in missing open chanced @ goal, we don't need players dat get scare of the post in dis world cup, we need those dat d post get scared of !!! N we Can Find dat in Osaze!!! FULLSTOP
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by boss1310(m): 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: eto'o had issues with his country,when he came back,he had alot of impact in the team,guiding them to the worldcup,were was disunity?na 4 9ja our own tin dey different.
all the players you mentioned in ghana and cameroun are good players and charismatic leaders in their various country and clubs but osaze is none.may be you love osas physically but in footballing aspects he is not in top 20 of Nigeria footballers in the world recently unless you dont watch other teams in europe.if keshi considers him fine but currently i dont see him making world cup.thats a fact.try to rewatch him in nigeria games from 2009 u will understand.lets stop living in the past.i remember i gave this advice when people.were clamoring for his inclusion in nations cup squad keshi was called names because of that decision

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by ukpaku: 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: an interesting choice of words, we 'need' him. Please tell us why we NEED him? Aren't there others that can perform better but haven't had that chance? Will his exclusion from the WC deplete our chances of having a good outing?
somebody like Gambo mohamed?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by boss1310(m): 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
SIR KOL!:
just listen 2 urself! King solomon said "wisdom is profitable" if we hv a beta squad with osaze which I belv we hv, y won't we give him a call up Despite $uarez attitude to Lfc, yet he is welcomed in the team having played just 7 games n having 9 goals which had fixed liverpoo A$$ 2nd in d table which I know without him, it wouldn't hv been $o. Dey r futballers, allow their games speak 4 dem, njoy dem while dey last afterall, dey to will age 1 day just use him now afterall he had apologised! N did I hear som1 say musa is beta dan him? Well dats only true in missing open chanced @ goal, we don't need players dat get scare of the post in dis world cup, we need those dat d post get scared of !!! N we Can Find dat in Osaze!!! FULLSTOP
u said SUAREZ!pls compare osas contribution to the national team even at his prime with suarez's to liverpool even suarez worst performance in a match is better than osas best

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: Ike Uche, Obafemi Martins(this guy especially bothers to go all out for Naija), Anichebe- if we must call old players. There could be a ton of talent out there we haven't discovered yet and we're wasting time promoting Osaze. Girls who like Osaze just do so because he's mixed, they couldn't care less if he was on a wheelchair, they'd still expect him to be fielded. @goodgood, mad at him for leaving me for oyibo? That's funny, Osaze is too old for me. I used to like him, back when he was a nice guy who wasn't claiming rights he hadn't earned and running his mouth on twitter(I mean really, a grown man taking his beef to twitter, who does that?), attitude goes a long way for me, so all of that just irked me. He'll make the initial 30-man list for the WC, no 2 ways bout that, will he make the 23-man list? Maybe, maybe not. Do I think he should? No. My opinion.
do you know Gabriel Reuben?He plays for Kilmarnock in the scottish leauge,since signing for the club in april,he hasn't kicked a ball for his club not ontill just yesterday,he took to twitter to express his frustration leading to a big problem with his coach.Despite Gabriel reuben being a bench warmer for his club and ofcos in no manner of form,yet keshi invited him for our last wq match against ethiopia and for the friendly against italy,why,because keshi knows he's a good player,i'v seen him play and i can testify that he's a very gud defensive midfielder.i dnt see a reason y keshi shouldn't invite osaze.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: Ike Uche, Obafemi Martins(this guy especially bothers to go all out for Naija), Anichebe- if we must call old players. There could be a ton of talent out there we haven't discovered yet and we're wasting time promoting Osaze. Girls who like Osaze just do so because he's mixed, they couldn't care less if he was on a wheelchair, they'd still expect him to be fielded. @goodgood, mad at him for leaving me for oyibo? That's funny, Osaze is too old for me. I used to like him, back when he was a nice guy who wasn't claiming rights he hadn't earned and running his mouth on twitter(I mean really, a grown man taking his beef to twitter, who does that?), attitude goes a long way for me, so all of that just irked me. He'll make the initial 30-man list for the WC, no 2 ways bout that, will he make the 23-man list? Maybe, maybe not. Do I think he should? No. My opinion.
do you know Gabriel Reuben?He plays for Kilmarnock in the scottish leauge,since signing for the club in april,he hasn't kicked a ball for his club not ontill just yesterday,he took to twitter to express his frustration leading to a big problem with his coach.Despite Gabriel reuben being a bench warmer for his club and ofcos in no manner of form,yet keshi invited him for our last wq match against ethiopia and for the friendly against italy,why,because keshi knows he's a good player,i'v seen him play and i can testify that he's a very gud defensive midfielder.i dnt see a reason y keshi shouldn't invite osaze.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
The kind of names people mention Odemwingie in the same breath as eh? Etoo, Balotelli, Rooneym Surarez what rubbish! Odemwingie was't even deemed good enough to start for lowly Cardiff against Arsenal today.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
boss1310:
all the players you mentioned in ghana and cameroun are good players and charismatic leaders in their various country and clubs but osaze is none.may be you love osas physically but in footballing aspects he is not in top 20 of Nigeria footballers in the world recently unless you dont watch other teams in europe.if keshi considers him fine but currently i dont see him making world cup.thats a fact.try to rewatch him in nigeria games from 2009 u will understand.lets stop living in the past.i remember i gave this advice when people.were clamoring for his inclusion in nations cup squad keshi was called names because of that decision
u mean u just said osaze isn't charismatic for 9ja,are you kidding me,like seriously when did you start following 9ja futbal?Gawd.i would never advice any body to sacrifice himself for 9ja cos its a waste of tym.seriously
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: u mean u just said osaze isn't charismatic for 9ja,are you kidding me,like seriously when did you start following 9ja futbal?Gawd.i would never advice any body to sacrifice himself for 9ja cos its a waste of tym.seriously
sharap he didn't sacrifice anything for Naija, he was paid for his services. His single match bonus can pay some civil servants for 2 years.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
boss1310:
am sure essien isn't among the top 20 ghanian futballers currently.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
boss1310:
u said SUAREZ!pls compare osas contribution to the national team even at his prime with suarez's to liverpool even suarez worst performance in a match is better than osas best
azzin eh. The fact that people are mentioning Osaze in the same sentence as the likes of Suarez, Rooney and Balotelli, players whose achievements for club and country can only be dreamt of by Osaze, is baffling. Soon they'll be comparing him to Ronaldinho.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sucn: sharap he didn't sacrifice anything for Naija, he was paid for his services. His single match bonus can pay some civil servants for 2 years.
your own u dey cari insult kum give ur own opinion.well done,u try.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: do you know Gabriel Reuben?He plays for Kilmarnock in the scottish leauge,since signing for the club in april,he hasn't kicked a ball for his club not ontill just yesterday,he took to twitter to express his frustration leading to a big problem with his coach.Despite Gabriel reuben being a bench warmer for his club and ofcos in no manner of form,yet keshi invited him for our last wq match against ethiopia and for the friendly against italy,why,because keshi knows he's a good player,i'v seen him play and i can testify that he's a very gud defensive midfielder.i dnt see a reason y keshi shouldn't invite osaze.
okay, so did Gabriel Reuben question Keshi's coaching tactics too? Or did he ask Enyeama for the captain arm-band? Cuz last I checked, Osaze was excluded cuz of his attitude towards the NATIONAL team
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: your own u dey cari insult kum give ur own opinion.well done,u try.
try to make sense next time. How can you say someone who earns in a single match for Nigeria more than what some civil servants earn in 2 years sacrificed for us? What nonsense sacrifice?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Bizibi(m): 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote author=Sucn] sharap he didn't sacrifice anything for Naija, he was paid for his services. His single match bonus can pay some civil servants for 2 years.[/qquote wow,my friend he did sacrifice it and wasn't the type that snubs when it comes to playing fr his country,yes he's got ego issues but he is a patriotic player just like the rest of his mates
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote author=Bizibi][/quote] The same Odemwingie that left camp without SiaSia's permission and went back to his useless club prior to the Argentina friendly match? Calling it an ordinary friendly? What kind of Patriotism in that?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Bizibi(m): 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
OK if some of u guys say osaze is not fit to be in the team,who should keshi put in that position?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
Osaze only showed ''patriotism'' when he was languishing in Belgian league, he was trying to use his Nigeria performances to get a move to a better club, when he got to Lille he relaxed.
Later he was sold to Locomotiv and when he was having problems there he began to show ''patriotism'' in Nigeria's colours in order to get a move to a better club. When he finally got his move to the EPL, we saw his true ''patriotism'' for Nigeria. Right now, he needs Nigeria more than we need him.

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
Bizibi: OK if some of u guys say osaze is not fit to be in the team,who should keshi put in that position?
Emenike.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Bizibi(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sucn: The same Odemwingie that left camp without SiaSia's permission and went back to his useless club prior to the Argentina friendly match? Calling it an ordinary friendly? What kind of Patriotism in that?
OK who should keshi put there bcuz Musa ain't it at all,mention who is very good fr DAT position
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
Bizibi: OK who should keshi put there bcuz Musa ain't it at all,mention who is very good fr DAT position
Musa is better than him in the wings, Odemwingie cannot do half of the hustling and running Musa does.

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by striker9(m): 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
SIR KOL!:
just listen 2 urself! King solomon said "wisdom is profitable" if we hv a beta squad with osaze which I belv we hv, y won't we give him a call up Despite $uarez attitude to Lfc, yet he is welcomed in the team having played just 7 games n having 9 goals which had fixed liverpoo A$$ 2nd in d table which I know without him, it wouldn't hv been $o. Dey r futballers, allow their games speak 4 dem, njoy dem while dey last afterall, dey to will age 1 day just use him now afterall he had apologised! N did I hear som1 say musa is beta dan him? Well dats only true in missing open chanced @ goal, we don't ne
ed players dat get scare of the post in dis world cup, we need those dat d post get scared of !!! N we Can Find dat in Osaze!!! FULLSTOP
Stop comparing Osaze with Suarez abeg,Suarez is world class player for christ sake.I don't even understand your argument self.I like Osaze and I want him to play for the eagles,but SE has really improved without Osaze,which will make it more hard for him to breakthrough.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
Moreover, Odemwingie said he doesn't like playing in the wings, that was one of the reasons why he got problems with his former club coach. Will he agree to seat on the bench, remember he started having problems with Keshi after he was substituted in a match against Rwanda. He insulted Keshi for having the guts to substitute him, he also insulted Lagerback in one of his Twitter rants for benching him at the world cup. Is that the kind of player you guys want in the world cup? Are you a Nigeria fan or Odemwingie fan?

2 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: okay, so did Gabriel Reuben question Keshi's coaching tactics too? Or did he ask Enyeama for the captain arm-band? Cuz last I checked, Osaze was excluded cuz of his attitude towards the NATIONAL team
its not a new tin for players to question the coaches style.rvp did it on moyes..,lampard,jt,a.cole,drogba did it on avb.if u follow futbal well,it happens alot.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sucn: try to make sense next time. How can you say someone who earns in a single match for Nigeria more than what some civil servants earn in 2 years sacrificed for us? What nonsense sacrifice?
so you are making any sense?good for you.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Obiagu1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
No Osaze. We've had enough of him.
He should stick to his talent, Tweeter!

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Bizibi(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sucn: Musa is better than him in the wings, Odemwingie cannot do half of the hustling and running Musa does.
ok ooo,everyone is entitled to his opinion as fr me using Musa in that position in the world cup will be a disaster,I rest my case till then
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sucn: Moreover, Odemwingie said he doesn't like playing in the wings, that was one of the reasons why he got problems with his former club coach. Will he agree to seat on the bench, remember he started having problems with Keshi after he was substituted in a match against Rwanda. He insulted Keshi for having the guts to substitute him, he also insulted Lagerback in one of his Twitter rants for benching him at the world cup. Is that the kind of player you guys want in the world cup? Are you a Nigeria fan or Odemwingie fan?
av you seen the way balotelli acts sum timez when substituted?he always ignores the coach and sumtimez shows physical frustrations.lol,if balotelli was a nigerian it means he would av been banished 4rm the team since 505 A.D
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Sucn: 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: av you seen the way balotelli acts sum timez when substituted?he always ignores the coach and sumtimez shows physical frustrations.lol,if balotelli was a nigerian it means he would av been banished 4rm the team since 505 A.D
Stop comparing Balotelli to Odemwingie, he has already scored more than 10 goals for Italy in a very short time. Odemwingie has 9 goals in 10 years for Nigeria. Balotelli has played for the likes of Inter, Man City and now Milan, Odemwingie is being benched by Cardiff now after sitting on the bench for west brom.
Stop that daft comparison.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
chucky234: Osaze is not better than anybody in that team except Gambo and Oduamadi.
Emenike was always played on the wings at Spartak Moscow and I expect Keshi to use same formation in some of the friendly matches with Musa and Emenike occupying both wings while Moses sit just in front of Mikel as the link between the midfield and attack,then restore Ideye to his original position (top 9) with Ameobi supporting him upfront. That could help boost Ideye's confidence in front of goal whenever he plays for the national team.

Odemwingie is not better than Oduamadi.

Oduamadi is only being played out of position by Keshi. He is a winger by nature and a deadly one.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sucn: Stop comparing Balotelli to Odemwingie, he has already scored more than 10 goals for Italy in a very short time. Odemwingie has 9 goals in 10 years for Nigeria. Balotelli has played for the likes of Inter, Man City and now Milan, Odemwingie is being benched by Cardiff now after sitting on the bench for west brom.
shocked
Sucn: Stop comparing Balotelli to Odemwingie, he has already scored more than 10 goals for Italy in a very short time. Odemwingie has 9 goals in 10 years for Nigeria. Balotelli has played for the likes of Inter, Man City and now Milan, Odemwingie is being benched by Cardiff now after sitting on the bench for west brom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wenger Insists Arsenal Are "In Good Shape" Despite Woeful Start To The Season / Don’t Take South Africa For Granted, Fans Caution Super Eagles / ‘you Cant Compare Tottenham To Liverpool’- Mauricio Pochettino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.