Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? (13546 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Osaze Odemwingie Win Epl Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tundenoni:
chei! Ideye top 9? So where will d goal come from? Even enyeama can score goals than ideye,Bros abeg dis one na world cup o! Wit dis kain formation even botswana we won't beat
Well Ideye played as a top 9 for Sochux in France and has been the most lethal striker for Dynamo Kiev in the last 4 seasons averaging 16 league goals a season, only Yakubu has such record in Europe.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by boss1310(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
grin
safarigirl: so you run out of sensible arguements and you decide to play the gender card? Pathetic!
grin
safarigirl: so you run out of sensible arguements and you decide to play the gender card? Pathetic!
funny
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
he done do ooooo.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Felixjude(m): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
@OP, this question shouldn't even arise in the first place. Sentiment apart, Osaze is surely needed in the team, imagine Moses & osaze operating on the wings, with Onazi & Mikel @the central midfield....the result can better be imagined.
The only player who can push those two is Musa, however, players like Musa shouldn't be starting games for the super eagles, you bring him on from 60-70 mins. And it should remain so until he learns to allow his legs work in concordant with his senses.
Oduamadi? I don't need to say anything about him, y'all know how "well" he has performed with so many chances he has had to prove himself.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chris51(f): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
Osaze should not play for Nigeria at the world cup. Others played & qualified us for world cup. He can not reap where he didn't sow. How good is his present form in his club?
He is too controversial & will distract the team
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chris51(f): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
chris51: Osaze should not play for Nigeria at the world cup. Others played & qualified us for world cup. He can not reap where he didn't sow. How good is his present form in his club?
He is too controversial & will distract the team
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
collynzo2: Who did Balotelli insult?
Who did Rooney insult?
Is Odemwingie's talent up tp 1/10 of what those guys possess?
Did you know that Guardiola first sold off indisciplined players like Deco and Ronaldinho when he took over Barca despite their huge talents? How successful were Barca after then?
The great sir Alex sold the likes of Beckham, Roy Keane, Nistelrooy etc when he felt they were becoming bigger than the team, did that stop him from being successful?
oh,u dey even ask me if balotteli dey insult?balotelli wey dey fight with mancini,rooney that had issues with alex feg,is it the stubborn suarez,all these players are stubborn,but do u know how vital they are to their teams?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by striker9(m): 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
collynzo2: I cannot go through a thread like this without putting in my favourite statistics, Osaze scored 9 goals in 10 years for Nigeria, Emenike has cored more goals than him in a space of one year +, Osaze was a prominent member of the squad when we failed to qualify for Germany 2006, he was a prominent member of the squad when we failed to qualify for AFCON 2012, he was a member of the squad when we flopped at Angola 2010, Ghana 2008 and South Africa 2010 world cup.
Don't blame Osaze for naija,s missing out in 2006 WC,Chukwu underestimated Angola during the first leg qualifier by fielding team B,Utaka was the only 1st team player that featured in that match.Have you forgotten how instrumental he was during 2010 WC qualifier,he even won best naija player during that time.He hardly played in 2010 WC which led to his clash with Lagerback.I know his got problem with ego but please don't blame him for naija's flop during those yrs,sincerely he has really tried for naija.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
striker9: Ideye hasn't spend up to 4 seasons in Dynamo.
Ideye signed for Dynamo in 2011 which I agree is less than 4yrs but he has scored more goals for Dynamo in two seasons than the 30 goals Osaze scored for both La Lovier(Belgium) and Lille (France) in five seasons combined.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by rapmike(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dj zzyzx: we need him more than ever, though he has to put his ego aside and really pledge to the national team.

he deserves a call up.
Wetin dis 1 dey talk sef? If u nid am 4 FM 2014, cari am,no speak 4 anoda persin jare.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
Polio:

Odemwingie is not going to represent Nigeria alone at the world cup and there are is no bloody guarantee that the current crop will perform very well!

Selection should be based on simple criteria like form, experience, fitness, willingness to give 101% minimum and being one of the best in your positions

Odemwingie is versatile .. He can play another across the forward line ... that is a plus .. He is a good winger too, better than those counts called Musa and Ideye rolled into one!

Cast sentiments aside and think outside of the box.. If he can stay fit and is in form, he should be considered ...
ma broda he should not be considered,he should he passed,we dnt need to think twice,we really need osaz at the wc.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by striker9(m): 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
Felixjude: @OP, this question shouldn't even arise in the first place. Sentiment apart, Osaze is surely needed in the team, imagine Moses & osaze operating on the wings, with Onazi & Mikel @the central midfield....the result can better be imagined.
The only player who can push those two is Musa, however, players like Musa shouldn't be starting games for the super eagles, you bring him on from 60-70 mins. And it should remain so until he learns to allow his legs work in concordant with his senses.
Oduamadi? I don't need to say anything about him, y'all know how "well" he has performed with so many chances he has had to prove himself.
No more,no less.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by rapmike(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: So a lot of people here have been clamouring for Osaze to be re-called to the Super Eagles recently, I just want to know....WHY? Sentiments apart, irrespective of past glory, with the sole focus being his current form and playing time, does Osaze really deserve a call-up? Aren't there better players in better teams that can replace the likes of Ideye and Musa if necessary? Why do Nigerians get a kick out of re-cycling old bones? Aren't there younger, fitter, more agile Nigerians that are more deserving of a call-up? Why must it be Osaze?
This calls remind me of Japan/Korea, when sm ppl were calling 4 Ogbeche, we took him dia and he was a wondaful flop, pls i dnt want 2 see dat guy until after the World Cup, let those that won the ticket enjoy dia flight, no cheating.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
boss1310:
so a decade of football is not enough to prove if he is good or not.if that guy will bring disunity in super eagles he better retire from international football.speaking of international retirement only okocha and okechukwu were the only Nigerian players who didnt go into forced retirement.hmm
what kind of disunity?when ayew,boateng,even essien that is a standard bench warmer at chelsea,when they were recalled back to the ghanian team,were was the disunity?what was the scoreline against egypt?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by chucky234(m): 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
How many goals did Osaze scored for the SE in the nine whole years he was in the team?
Obafemi and Utaka were far better than Odewingie was in those years,over hyped average player.

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by striker9(m): 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
chucky234: Ideye signed for Dynamo in 2011 which I agree is less than 4yrs but he has scored more goals for Dynamo in two seasons than the 30 goals Osaze scored for both La Lovier(Belgium) and Lille (France) in five seasons combined.
Don't compare Ideye and Osaze based on there club performance,judging by club football,I think Aiyegbeni should still be naija number one striker.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Anvaller: 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
Though left to me, I have always maintained that Osaze is not needed. However if Keshi would like to call him he can but there has to be pre conditions, I believe by now Osaze and Ike Uche would have understood that even if they make it to the world cup, they might be sitting on the bench for more time than they desire unless they put up a sparkling performance. Before now, guys like Ike Uche and Osaze were too full of themselves so much that they thought the coach must start them in a match no matter what. That is what Keshi could not condone and he got rid of them. U can't sit on the bench in a serious match and start lashing at ur coach's strategy and u can't tell ur coach that u will only play for Nigeria if u are made the captain of the team. And Keshi said well I am looking for guys who are ready to play for Nigeria no matter what. Look at Dike, he feels like he won Jackpot everytime he earns a call up, that is important.

The problem Keshi had with this players was they didn't want to respect him and I will do the same thing he did as a coach. If u don't respect me, I will get rid of u. Simple. Now that he got rid of them, are they not begging him now? If Osaze goes back to the camp, he can't form any big boy to even the likes of Mba because they will tell him that "we built this current super eagles without u, u are just an after thought".

If they will come back to super eagles without feeling bigger than themselves, they are welcome otherwise we can do without them.

3 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
eto'o had issues with his country,when he came back,he had alot of impact in the team,guiding them to the worldcup,were was disunity?na 4 9ja our own tin dey different.

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
striker9: Don't compare Ideye and Osaze based on there club performance,judging by club football,I think Aiyegbeni should still be naija number one striker.
u sabi futubal jor.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Anvaller: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
And hey guys, That boy Uche Nwofor needs some more trials in super eagles. If the way he played against south africa is anything to go by, we need that boy in our wc team. He was fearless in front of goal and he makes quick decision. Unlike Oduamadi that was always nervous inside box 18.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
pple talking about osaze's current form,what is essein's current for at chelsea if not a bench warmer,what was eto's form at anzhi,if not a flop.say wat u would say,we need osaze.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
Anvaller: Though left to me, I have always maintained that Osaze is not needed. However if Keshi would like to call him he can but there has to be pre conditions, I believe by now Osaze and Ike Uche would have understood that even if they make it to the world cup, they might be sitting on the bench for more time than they desire unless they put up a sparkling performance. Before now, guys like Ike Uche and Osaze were too full of themselves so much that they thought the coach must start them in a match no matter what. That is what Keshi could not condone and he got rid of them. U can't sit on the bench in a serious match and start lashing at ur coach's strategy and u can't tell ur coach that u will only play for Nigeria if u are made the captain of the team. And Keshi said well I am looking for guys who are ready to play for Nigeria no matter what. Look at Dike, he feels like he won Jackpot everytime he earns a call up, that is important.

The problem Keshi had with this players was they didn't want to respect him and I will do the same thing he did as a coach. If u don't respect me, I will get rid of u. Simple. Now that he got rid of them, are they not begging him now? If Osaze goes back to the camp, he can't form any big boy to even the likes of Mba because they will tell him that "we built this current super eagles without u, u are just an after thought".

If they will come back to super eagles without feeling bigger than themselves, they are welcome otherwise we can do without them.
guy keshi as given them enough discipline and he will surely call dem back if he's a gud coach.thats how mou,alex ferguson and the likes treat players..,
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Chrixtopha(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
let's all say things the way it is..... if you love football , follow football and at the same time can play..... you will know that we need osaze in our team and there is no excuse because football its all about what you can do and experience, if you honestly watched our match against Italy, you will understand what am saying....presently referees gives some preferential treatment to bigger players in Europe than their fellow team nates or opponents in the field... and some of the home based players have were filled with fears and inferiority complex.......we need osaze,Ike uche
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
striker9: Don't blame Osaze for naija,s missing out in 2006 WC,Chukwu underestimated Angola during the first leg qualifier by fielding team B,Utaka was the only 1st team player that featured in that match.Have you forgotten how instrumental he was during 2010 WC qualifier,he even won best naija player during that time.He hardly played in 2010 WC which led to his clash with Lagerback.I know his got problem with ego but please don't blame him for naija's flop during those yrs,sincerely he has really tried for naija.
that guy as tried and sacrifice alot 4 9ja.he was always available,punctuality to camp was an A.almost every qualifying match he was always available even if the match was to be played in somali.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by victorD3: 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: an interesting choice of words, we 'need' him. Please tell us why we NEED him? Aren't there others that can perform better but haven't had that chance? Will his exclusion from the WC deplete our chances of having a good outing?

Ok start listing others that can perform better?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by bizibrain(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: pple talking about osaze's current form,what is essein's current for at chelsea if not a bench warmer,what was eto's form at anzhi,if not a flop.say wat u would say,we need osaze.
U av a point dere, Moses is also a flop @ liverpool yet he played wonderful game with flair 4 super eagle.

Sometimes its a wrong assesion 2 judge a player by club performances because dey may b played off dere natural position @ dere club just likes moses which result 2 a flop.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
chucky234: Ideye signed for Dynamo in 2011 which I agree is less than 4yrs but he has scored more goals for Dynamo in two seasons than the 30 goals Osaze scored for both La Lovier(Belgium) and Lille (France) in five seasons combined.
even if sturridge scores a 100 goal more than rooney,in the england shirt,rooney would keep him on bench.futbal is a mind game bro.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by goodgood2(m): 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: of course he'll be at the World Cup, he can go with Nigeria's Supporters Club.
You're still mad at Osaze for leaving you for that white girl?
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by striker9(m): 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
good.good:

You're still mad at Osaze for leaving you for that white girl?
Very funny,most ladies that love football kinda like Osaze,but the case is different here.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by striker9(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: that guy as tried and sacrifice alot 4 9ja.he was always available,punctuality to camp was an A.almost every qualifying match he was always available even if the match was to be played in somali.
There have always been beef among naija players,I remember Promise Isaac telling Siasia that naija U23 team going to Beijing Olympics would refuse to play if Mikel is called up, cause he failed to show up for qualifiers.The beef towards Osaze started when he was in fine form for West brom,I believe Keshi was only trying to avoid drama in the team,which is why Osaze was axed.Osaze is a very down to earth kinda guy,he was loyal to national assignment.I remember when SE came to play in Abeokuta,he came out of the hotel to chat with the fans and also took some pictures.Its very funny cause some guys are currently having discussions about this particular topic,lol.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Edoboy1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: of course he'll be at the World Cup, he can go with Nigeria's Supporters Club.
...your post is more of hatred than just a post. You keep quoting who ever support his coming back and attack them, then you think you are being fair? I wonder oh! .
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by DanielGb(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
All Nigeria players deserve to be call[as far as d WC team is nt choosen yet) but nt all is worthy 2b in dat team. It depends on who Keshi need, his game plan, tactics & strategy to win in Brazil. As 4 Osaze(according 2 club performance), He is not better than Musa(I lie?). According to numb. Of goals(both club& national team): Him no score reach 'IK Uche'. Yet still, we love him because he is a brillant player when it comes to skills. Osaze to me is more of a team player, than a team leader. A player like Rooney have both(team leader nd player), also Enyeama.
My own be say: i love to see him play in d word cup regardless of his current form but, make him put pride for one side. The diff. Btwn Okocha & Kanu, even thou dey sabi play ball wela: Kanu dey humble, Okocha get pride(dats d hard truth u no go wan accept, bt at least accept Jesus Christ). Still on d matter: Osaze shud no say competition dey 4 d team nd tins don dey different. Keshi go only use players wu are commited and determine to win, wu no dey talk tu much(like my Oga at d top JM) but do him work wel wel. I REST MY CASE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Austria: Cyprus Women's Cup - 1 - 4 (Full Time) / Wenger Insists Arsenal Are "In Good Shape" Despite Woeful Start To The Season / Don’t Take South Africa For Granted, Fans Caution Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.