Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move (33375 Views)

Iheanacho's Manchester City Move Collapses, FC Porto His Likely Destination? / Kelechi Iheanacho's Father Decides / "My Son Is Missing!" - Kelechi Iheanacho's Father Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by andyanders: 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
englishmart: adult next year? Someone who is already 32? Because he dey claim 17? Just check his profile and u'll confirm my comment

Where did you see his profile enemy of progress? How did you get 32 yrs old? Did you see other players from other countries? For the first time that Nigeria presented people within the age limit and try to note that these guys were been feed well unlike the old players during Nduka Ugbade group.

Did the young man stole from you? He is working hard with his God's given talent and you are here calling him names. You are the type tarnishing the Nigerian image.

Envy will kill all of you.

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by isalegan2: 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
click2cbn: D type of contract is another issue. I hope he has a good agent who should know when the kid is 'being/been' offered a slave contract.

There are competing agents, each camp claiming to represent him. The questionable one Amuneke slapped, and now the Cameroon-based one. There may be more. It's obvious the boy was spirited away by the one camp and they are the ones that produced the quotes about the boy preferring Porto against his father's wishes (and possible promise to agents) of Premier League clubs.

This is a mess.

I just hope the parents and families in Naija keep a low profile; we know what happened to Mikel Obi's dad. Too many desperate people chasing money. undecided
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by isalegan2: 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
edi287:
Are you saying he's better than cr7 was at lisbon

And CR7's mother later revealed that she had met Wenger and wanted her son to go to Arsenal. But he ended up signing with ManU a year earlier than planned. There's always a lot backroom dealing and jostling for these talented kids. I'm sure there's stories to be told for each one.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by safarigirl(f): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
mantote: I laugh in Darren Fletcher.That iheanacho played under 17 does not mean that he is not 27 we all know so hw on earth can his father decide for him when he is not a MINOR.Am sure the father is one of those people who believe that football ends in the premier league.

I hope your brain doesn't always perform on such low capacity
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
I fink his dad is after the money and fame. I would suggest vittesse-ahem of Holland or Southampton nor Arsenal in England. that's where young boys learn football. #myopinion
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by fallingsky(m): 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
safarigirl: His father needs to butt out, why do Nigerian parents think they can force their wants on their kids? If the boy wants to go to Porto, let him go, if it turns out to be a mistake, fine, it's his mistake. He should let Kelechi be his own man, afterall he'll be an adult by next year. Better to go where he'll be happy and content than where his talent will dwindle due to discontent

Before spilling out rubbish fro ur mouth kno dt d boy is still a minor nd under his father.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Ikenna94: 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
D dad shud allow d young boy 2 go to where he will develope atleast in 4 yrs tyme dsame Chelsea and city will bid 50 million 4 him
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Ikenna94: 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
englishmart: adult next year? Someone who is already 32? Because he dey claim 17? Just check his profile and u'll confirm my comment
god punish u
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by dkaat14(m): 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
I think the lad make a good decision it will be nice at this age to start in portugal coz teams like chelsea and man city focus and reinforce more on world class players they often destroys young lads future, but maybe his that sees somtin great in that move... Best of luck man.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by ShyDare(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
Bash92:
You mean is father should guide him to chelsea were he would be turned to a defender i.e a left full back and a place where he would never get a chance to play first team football. Portugal is a ver good destination for young players who want to futher develop b4 making a transfer to a country like England and spain. Or u want him to be warming bench like our kenneth Omeruo?
tru talk, bell of blessing 4u

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by safarigirl(f): 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
fallingsky:

Before spilling out rubbish fro ur mouth kno dt d boy is still a minor nd under his father.
nonsense. He's 17, not 7, forget what is on paper, a 17 year old is old enough to make his own decisions and face consequences, what if his father was late? So a 13 year old girl is old enough to be married and raise a child in naija but a 17 year old boy can't make decisions without his daddy's consent? It's you who's spewing garbage.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Fayrouzz(m): 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
modestdude: This generation of parents, leaders and elders should know that we are disappointed in them and God knows that and as such we dont give a fly anymore.

They have made the wrong choices for us
They have influenced us wrongly
They have bequeathed hatred & tribalism to us
They have passed corruption into our blood stream

We still respect and honour them only because God has asked us to continuosly do so. But we have to bear it @ the back of our mind that they dont mean well for us.
If not, how can you justify iheanachor Snr's choice of Chelsea and Man city for a budding talent like his son? This is born out of greediness
Man.. Why wud u generalize it by using "we"?? For me, I aiant disappointed wif ma parents at all.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

What hurts most about '05 and Mikel, is before the final, Messi was on 4 goals. He wasn't up for the golden boot or ball. Llorente and a Morrocan striker were on 5. Mikel was super in the finals. Maradona was in the stadium.

I remember me saying, hope Maradona can see how the 10 role is played. Then two penalties, two goals handed the golden boot and best player to Messi. Even Sepp Blatter had to console Mikel. Sad memories.

HOW CAN MIKEL IN 7 YEARS AT CHELSEA NOT GET ONE CHANCE IN HIS NATURAL ROLE.

Please Iheanacho should be allowed to go to FC Porto. We can't make the same mistake twice.
Football is not mathematics. You can never tell for sure what will happen to a player. Were Mikel and Messi the only revelations of that tournament? If my memory serves me right, Taiwo was 2nd runner-up. He went to a club where he was played in his "natural" position yet he is where he is today. I'll give you guys a short list of "legends" in the making at age grade tournaments who came to nought.
1. Nii Lamptey. Was called "my natural replacement" by Pele himself. Went to Anderlecht at age 15. Never became Pele.
2. Pablo Aimar. Was nicknamed "the new Maradona". Went to Valencia. Never became Maradona.
3. Freddy Adu. Another Pele in the making in his time. Signed for D. C United at age 14. History took over.
4. Javier Saviola. Another Maradona in the making in his time. Went to Barca at age 19. Never became Maradona.
The list doesn't end here. My point is, a good player is a good player and will surely perform wherever he goes. Nacho should be guided to make a choice with sentiments thrown aside. If he'll become a great player tomorrow, no one can stop him.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
banky222: where were you in 2005?
where were you?
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by sixtusjr(m): 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
He should join heartland FC

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 10:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Courtois made his name at Genk FC He joined Chelsea, saw he couldn't get a chance and went on loan to Ath. Madrid and has been there. He is still a Chelsea player.
Be honest with yourself. Where was he when you first heard his name?
He was bought from Genk and was immediately loaned to Athletico Madrid. Same with Omeruo and De Bruyne. They never kicked a ball in England before they were loaned out. De Bruyne is back fighting for a shirt now. If he's good enough, he'll get it. Lukaku and the rest of them will get their chances too.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 10:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
One more thing. The higher the profile of your club, the higher your chances of getting noticed. Ronaldo won't be where he is now if he was still at Sporting Lisbon. No?
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by kingChijioke19(m): 10:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
I suggest Arsenal for him....Don't even dare sign for Chelsea or Man city
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
He needs to go where he will be allowed to grow at a pace relative to his age, where there will be very less pressure, and where will prove to be financially beneficial for him IN THE FUTURE.

From the little I know of soccer---and from reading the comments--- FC Porto is where this kid should be heading.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by ABAKA72(m): 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
emorse:
are you for real? Mikel made a mistake? Someone who's won almost everything there is to win in world football, Nigeria's best player right now who could be named Africa's best player in a few weeks made a mistake? I don't think so. I'm sure you don't either.
Mikel made a big mistake by going to chelsea, he would have achieved 10 times whatever he achieved with chelsea if he had gone to a youth friendly team like ajax, bercelona,arsenal,man u etc. thats why Messi has developed it a superster at berca while Mikel has fallen from No 2 to Messi to a hundred places behind him at chelsea. Kelechi should not repeat that mistake.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
ABAKA72: Mikel made a big mistake by going to chelsea, he would have achieved 10 times whatever he achieved with chelsea if he had gone to a youth friendly team like ajax, bercelona,arsenal,man u etc. thats why Messi has developed it a superster at berca while Mikel has fallen from No 2 to Messi to a hundred places behind him at chelsea. Kelechi should not repeat that mistake.
Is Marseille a "youth friendly" team? Did Taiwo go there? Was he number 3 in that tournament? Is he still number 3 now?
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emudiagaebbah: 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
mrphysics: they shud beta leave d issue of money for now and find a better place dis guy will establish himself well before placing a must-pay amount on his head. dough a man u fan, i wud suggest dis guy move to ARSENAL for basic football ideas. this my humble suggestion. MAN U AND ARSENAL FANS DAT AGREE WITH ME SHUD "LIKE"
he should move to Warri Wolves
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
Fayrouzz: Man.. Why wud u generalize it by using "we"?? For me, I aiant disappointed wif ma parents at all.
I'm with you bro. I ain't disappointed in my folks.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Junior66(m): 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
Its very funny hearing people call our our players kids. No player in dat u-17 team is less than 24 years of age. do not be decieved. Ever wandered why our players never play good football for long? Most of our players started their career in Europe at an age they should be tinkin of retirement. If a footballer starts his career at de age of 33 why should he be expected to play at a higher level for up to 10yrs? Do not be decieved my people. Iheanacho is a man now and shuld make his decisions himself. FC Porto is the club for him, or better still Arsenal Fc.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
emorse:
Football is not mathematics. You can never tell for sure what will happen to a player. Were Mikel and Messi the only revelations of that tournament? If my memory serves me right, Taiwo was 2nd runner-up. He went to a club where he was played in his "natural" position yet he is where he is today. I'll give you guys a short list of "legends" in the making at age grade tournaments who came to nought.
1. Nii Lamptey. Was called "my natural replacement" by Pele himself. Went to Anderlecht at age 15. Never became Pele.
2. Pablo Aimar. Was nicknamed "the new Maradona". Went to Valencia. Never became Maradona.
3. Freddy Adu. Another Pele in the making in his time. Signed for D. C United at age 14. History took over.
4. Javier Saviola. Another Maradona in the making in his time. Went to Barca at age 19. Never became Maradona.
The list doesn't end here. My point is, a good player is a good player and will surely perform wherever he goes. Nacho should be guided to make a choice with sentiments thrown aside. If he'll become a great player tomorrow, no one can stop him.

Why not call Maradona, Pele, Ronaldhino, CR7, Romario, Messi, Forlan, Figo, Ronaldo Da Lima, Suarez, Xavi, Iniesta, Aguero, Alexi Sanchez, Aturo Vidal, Pirlo, Eto'o, Thierry Henry, KAKA, Rui Costa, Seedorf. Do you think if these guys were played off their roles as defensive players they would have reached their potentials.

Mikel did not play his natural position and fail. At Chelsea, he has been given zero opportunity. It is not the same. It is as good as dropping a 16 years old Pele (when people were hyping him) on the bench for years and saying he won't reach being football's greatest.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by tovieye(f): 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pipsland78: The boy is too young to make such a crucial decision himself, his dad must guide him.
You are calling that man boy
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 11:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Why not call Maradona, Pele, Ronaldhino, CR7, Romario, Messi, Forlan, Figo, Ronaldo Da Lima, Suarez, Xavi, Iniesta, Aguero, Alexi Sanchez, Aturo Vidal, Pirlo, Eto'o, Thierry Henry, KAKA, Rui Costa, Seedorf. Do you think if these guys were played off their roles as defensive players they would have reached their potentials.

Mikel did not play his natural position and fail. At Chelsea, he has been given zero opportunity. It is not the same. It is as good as dropping a 16 years old Pele (when people were hyping him) on the bench for years and saying he won't reach being football's greatest.
Taiwo, Obasi, Babel, Robinho, Pato, Fabregas, Juninho, Hernandez, Anderson, Lucas Leiva, welbeck, Higuain, Benzema, Cheyrou, Aliadiere, Vela, Eduardo. Were there guys ever played out of position? Is any of them as big as Messi and Ronaldo or any name on your list? Mind you, Gareth Bale started as a left full back. 2 + 2 is not always = 4 in football.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 11:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by dareymichu: 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
[quote author=Olugbenger]Joining nairaland is a better option. Wen we are talking football u don't say anada tin
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Cenken(m): 11:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
I can remember very well that the likes of chrisantus,Rabiu Ibrahim,stanley okoro,sani emmanuel etc were advised to learn from mikel's mistake and not to go to big clubs when they where in hot demand. Although I don't know the mistake mikel made because as far as I'm concerned chelsea brought the best offer. The likes of Toni kroos of munich,lars bender of dortmud, isco of madrid etc played the same age grade tournaments with these nigeria boys but you can't compare sani emmanuel who was the best player at the 09 u-17 world cup and toni kroos. What I'm trying to say is that the progress of these young boys careers is better at big clubs that have the best infrastructure to nurture and develop their talent.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:09am On Nov 26, 2013
emorse:
Be honest with yourself. Where was he when you first heard his name?
He was bought from Genk and was immediately loaned to Athletico Madrid. Same with Omeruo and De Bruyne. They never kicked a ball in England before they were loaned out. De Bruyne is back fighting for a shirt now. If he's good enough, he'll get it. Lukaku and the rest of them will get their chances too.

What is your point here. Courtois would never have been picked over Cech at Chelsea. Going to a smaller club has established him as one of the best keepers in the world.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Afam4eva(m): 12:11am On Nov 26, 2013
Cenken: I can remember very well that the likes of chrisantus,Rabiu Ibrahim,stanley okoro,sani emmanuel etc were advised to learn from mikel's mistake and not to go to big clubs when they where in hot demand. Although I don't know the mistake mikel made because as far as I'm concerned chelsea brought the best offer. The likes of Toni kroos of munich,lars bender of dortmud, isco of madrid etc played the same age grade tournaments with these nigeria boys but you can't compare sani emmanuel who was the best player at the 09 u-17 world cup and toni kroos. What I'm trying to say is that the progress of these young boys careers is better at big clubs that have the best infrastructure to nurture and develop their talent.
So, is Porto a small club? It's not like people are advising him to go to Lyn oslo or something. Porto is both big and a good club for a growing player.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

La Liga Could Block Messi From Playing For Barcelona Until January / Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) / Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.