Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,365 members, 7,957,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:40 AM

Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move (33591 Views)

Iheanacho's Manchester City Move Collapses, FC Porto His Likely Destination? / Kelechi Iheanacho's Father Decides / "My Son Is Missing!" - Kelechi Iheanacho's Father Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 12:13am On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

What is your point here. Courtois would never have been picked over Cech at Chelsea. Going to a smaller club has established him as one of the best keepers in the world.
He was given an opportunity to grow! That same opportunity you say Nacho will never get.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:18am On Nov 26, 2013
emorse:
Taiwo, Obasi, Babel, Robinho, Pato, Fabregas, Juninho, Hernandez, Anderson, Lucas Leiva, welbeck, Higuain, Benzema, Cheyrou, Aliadiere, Vela, Eduardo. Were there guys ever played out of position? Is any of them as big as Messi and Ronaldo or any name on your list? Mind you, Gareth Bale started as a left full back. 2 + 2 is not always = 4 in football.

Robinho won the world cup, Pato played for AC Milan and did well. He was at the top. Welbeck was never a young prodigy, just hype. Anderson was played off his position. Higuain and Benzema played for Real Madrid at the highest level and scored loads. Babel was played off his position and dropped on the bench for no reason after a successful campaign. Sorry your points hold no water.

Are you saying Neymar should be dropped on the bench and not given an opportunity because some prodigies in the past failed?
Bale did better when he was moved to an advanced position. Should Real Madrid move Bale back to a left back position?
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:24am On Nov 26, 2013
emorse:
He was given an opportunity to grow! That same opportunity you say Nacho will never get.

Aliadier, Eduardo were never tagged young prodigies to stun the world. Can you compare Vela at Arsenal to Vela at Real Sociedad? Maybe you don't know Vela scored 4 goals against Celta Vigo last weekend.

Giovanni Dos Santos was slowed down at Tottenham and seen as a flop. He moved to Mallorca and excelled. Instead of Valencia, he opted for Villareal and he is performing. Young prodigies should take gradual steps like Ronaldhino who grew from Gremio to PSG to Barca. Not straight to Barca or Real Madrid.

Chelsea didn't give Courtois the opportunity to grow. He was picked up by Ath. Madrid because of his spell at Genk. That was why Chelsea bought him. He was wonderful at Genk. If he stayed at Chelsea, he would still be on the bench.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:39am On Nov 26, 2013
emorse:

Are you saying it is okay a very intelligent graduate is denied a chance in a multinational company because some brilliant graduates didn't make it?

Mikel was denied an opportunity to prove himself at Chelsea. No chance at all. Is that what you want for Iheanacho? To sign for Chelsea and sent on loans to different clubs. Let him go to FC Porto and have a first home and an oportunity to prove himself.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 12:43am On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Robinho won the world cup, Pato played for AC Milan and did well. He was at the top. Welbeck was never a young prodigy, just hype. Anderson was played off his position. Higuain and Benzema played for Real Madrid at the highest level and scored loads. Babel was played off his position and dropped on the bench for no reason after a successful campaign. Sorry your points hold no water.

What happened to Robinho after the world cup?
Pato did well 4 milan? Where's he now? How old is he?

Anderson and Babel were played out of position right? So was Bale. The diff is Bale got beta.
Can you compare Benzema and Higuain's performance before Madrid and now?
You can add Arshavin to the list.

[color=#000099]Are you sayingNeymar should be dropped on the bench and not given an opportunity because some prodigies in the past faile
Bale did better when he was moved ti an advanced position. Shouod Real Madrid move Bale back to a left back position?
Nope. Not at all. I'm saying you can never tell what will happen in football. Only history can tell right or wrong.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 12:46am On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
What is your point? Arshavin wasn't signed as a young prodigy. Robinho has had a lively career. Pati had a lovely career at AC Milan. Benzema and Higuain experienced lovely times at Real Madrid. They were part of the team that made a historic 100 points in a season.
Are these people as old as Pirlo, Lampard and their likes? How come they have suddenly waxed cold?

So what is your point? Have you forgotten Lucas Paizon at Chelsea? After being stellar at the U17 World Cuo, he joined Chelsea and won the reserve player of the year. He hasn't gotten a chance at Chelsea even though he is abundantly gifted.

Is that what you want for Iheanacho.
My point is Mikel never made a mistake. The fact that some graduates have failed doesn't mean others should not be allowed to try. You said so yourself.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:50am On Nov 26, 2013
emorse:

What happened to Robinho after the world cup?
Pato did well 4 milan? Where's he now? How old is he?

Anderson and Babel were played out of position right? So was Bale. The diff is Bale got beta.
Can you compare Benzema and Higuain's performance before Madrid and now?
You can add Arshavin to the list.

Nope. Not at all. I'm saying you can never tell what will happen in football. Only history can tell right or wrong.
What is your point? Arshavin wasn't signed as a young prodigy. Robinho has had a lovely career. Pato had a lovely career at AC Milan. Benzema and Higuain experienced lovely times at Real Madrid. They were part of the team that made a historic 100 points in a season.

So what is your point? Have you forgotten Lucas Piazon at Chelsea? After being stellar at the U17 World Cup, he joined Chelsea and won the reserve player of the year. He hasn't gotten a chance at Chelsea even though he is abundantly gifted.

Is that what you want for Iheanacho?

Mind you Higuain and Benzema didn't start at Real Madrid. They made names for themselves at River Plate and Lyon respectively.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:59am On Nov 26, 2013
emorse:
Going to Porto or even chelsea cannot guarantee him anything. Only his abilities can.

Iheanacho being talented isn't a debate. Just like Mikel then. Do you think Iheanacho stands a better chance breaking into Chelsea team in two years compared to FC Porto? Which of the two clubs will give him a better chance? Remember Traore at Chelse pre-season. He was one of Chelsea's best players eventhough he wasn't regular and he got shipped out on loan.

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Kerilyyz(m): 1:10am On Nov 26, 2013
Malakh: same energy u used in writing nyc could have been used to write nice, no give me headache this morning sad
..... Lmao!! Lol. NLers.. Una is funnycheesy

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:17am On Nov 26, 2013
emorse: One more thing. The higher the profile of your club, the higher your chances of getting noticed. Ronaldo won't be where he is now if he was still at Sporting Lisbon. No?

CR7 didn't start at Real Madrid. He showed promise at Sporting, conquered Man utd and then went to Real Madrid. Most football success stories grow that way. See Aguero, Independiente to Ath. Madrid, Man City and then he might be going to Real Madrid for a huge transfer deal.

See Suarez, he started from Nacional at home, went to Groningen at Holland, Ajax, then Liverpool. From there Real or Juve.

It is best for Iheanacho to go to FC Porto, then conquer there and be a King there before moving higher.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:22am On Nov 26, 2013
emorse:
Are these people as old as Pirlo, Lampard and their likes? How come they have suddenly waxed cold?

My point is Mikel never made a mistake. The fact that some graduates have failed doesn't mean others should not be allowed to try. You said so yourself.

Mikel did not fail, he wasn't given an opportunity. So Iheanacho needs where he will be given an opportunity.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 26, 2013
How does that reduce the price of garri for oyingbo market?!
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Richy4(m): 6:10am On Nov 26, 2013
The man wan brag. my pikin dey play for Chelsea. haba which Dad no go like that kind thing.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 26, 2013
Pipsland78:
You will soon laugh in super falcons.
Messi, Neymar, Mikel Obi and all the other talented footballers - and in deed athletes generally - were guided by their dads so long they remained minors. So why should Kelechi's own be any different.
dats to prove dat he;s not a minor....in real sense...dat guy is 22....kill me!!!"
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by aieromon(m): 7:42am On Nov 26, 2013
The boy is back with his family and they have agreed to settle for the Manchester City offer.

I wish him the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by vision2050: 8:06am On Nov 26, 2013
The rate at which these boys running to Europe is alarming, can't he play at Sunshine fc or Kano pillars? Our league is doom if all these small small kids go abroad.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:39am On Nov 26, 2013
aieromon: The boy is back with his family and they have agreed to settle for the Manchester City offer.

I wish him the best of luck.

I wish him the best too. Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini who has a track records of developing great creative mid fielders works and developed Iheanacho. The list of creative mid fielders who have worked under Coach Manuel Pellegrini includes Santiago Carzola and Isco who Manuel nurtured and groomed himself. Riquelme and now Silva and Nasri.

Pellegrini and Carzola

Pellegrini and Riquelme
[img]http://thebeautifulgamemagazine.files./2013/06/tumblr_ml7up4hkvt1qj45zro1_500.jpg[/img]
Pellegrini and Isco.

Pellegrini and Silva.

Pellegrini and Nasri.
Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini takes interest in Iheanacho. Come on CITIZENS.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by toprealman: 9:02am On Nov 26, 2013
Lilimax:
I love the way Kelechi's father replied them.
He sounded like a good dad who wants the best for his son.

A wise son brings joy to his father, ...(Proverb 15:20).

Does a wise father bring grief to his son?
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by solomon111(m): 9:50am On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Mikel in the U20 was rated above Fabregas, Silva, Aguero, Llorente. Mikel was rated as the next Zinedine Zidane. In the finals against Argentina, the commentator said that the world can see the proof why Man Utd and Chelsea were fighting over him.

Alex Ferguson flew twice to Norway to beg Mikel to join Man Utd. Today we can't call Silva, Fabregas or Aguero and put Mikel's name.

Mikel in 7 years has never played his natural role for Chelsea. He might be playing games and earning money but he hasn't reached his true potential because of a wrong choice.
If you think mikel is good enough to play as a number 10,then you must be deluded.
Mikel is not mobile enough to play as an attacking midfielder and mourinho saw it.
He is at best a deep lying playmaker in the mould of andre pirlo or xabi alonso which is what chelsea wants him to be,and which is what mikel himself should aspire to be.
Ferguson would have sold mikel a long time ago,just like he sold anderson when he could not justify the hype as the best young talent in brazil at that time.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Mekyno(m): 9:54am On Nov 26, 2013
Pipsland78: The boy is too young to make such a crucial decision himself, his dad must guide him.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Mekyno(m): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2013
Pipsland78: The boy is too young to make such a crucial decision himself, his dad must guide him.
lie lie....i bliv he undastands n knows beta dan his fada abt dis modern football matters...His dad is more intrestd abt now, in d moni his given legitimately or as bribe, bt d boy is intrestd in his entire football career developmnt. He needs a teams dat will nurture him, give him playing tym, 4 growth n experience.......his dad in moni intoxicatd....dis is wat poverty causes......d only EPL team dat he can join dat will nurture him is Arsenal

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Belmot(m): 10:10am On Nov 26, 2013
The new messi vladimir weiss... Manshitty ended up dumping him
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:17am On Nov 26, 2013
solomon111: If you think mikel is good enough to play as a number 10,then you must be deluded.
Mikel is not mobile enough to play as an attacking midfielder and mourinho saw it.
He is at best a deep lying playmaker in the mould of andre pirlo or xabi alonso which is what chelsea wants him to be,and which is what mikel himself should aspire to be.
Ferguson would have sold mikel a long time ago,just like he sold anderson when he could not justify the hype as the best young talent in brazil at that time.
grin
Ferguson never sold Anderson. Anderson is still at Man Utd. How come Mikel flourished at the nations and confederations cup playing in an advanced role?
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:19am On Nov 26, 2013
Belmot: The new messi vladimir weiss... Manshitty ended up dumping him
He clearly didn't get his chance. That is one talented lad. I wish Weiss the best.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by solomon111(m): 10:41am On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
grin
Ferguson never sold Anderson. Anderson is still at Man Utd. How come Mikel flourished at the nations and confederations cup playing in an advanced role?

Sorry,anderson is still at united but has been relegated to the background.
He was just like mikel with all the hype,unfortunately he was not good enough.
Mikel would've suffered the same fate.
And btw,he didn't do anything special at the confederations club afterall we were only able to beat tahiti,and onazi was actually the very mobile and over-worked partner in our midfield thereby reducing the negative effect of mikel's immobility to an extent.
Onazi was doing the work of two players!!
mikel will never play as a number 10 for big football nations or clubs.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Johniky19(m): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2013
for my own opinion I think this guy needs more full experience of football. a place where he will be train and learn a good brilliant football. the only best for him is arsenal fc where he will learn and build up with other talent players there.and this idea of taking him to Chelsea and man city I don't think it is the best. because this club don't depend on building up good talent player's all they do is bringing out money buying already made players. back in 2005 and 2006 where man u and Chelsea were struggling to take mikel obi and because of what he did in Holland 2005. and now he is not playing a good football at Chelsea. if iheanacho make up his mind anywhere he wants to go thats his decision.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by scotweezy(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
I go personally go give d papa knock 4 head If he no shut Up...Mtcheeew...
On a serious note, shey d papa no dey 4llw football ni? FC Porto is one of those few clubs like Borrusia Dortmund dat nutures young talented footballers, imagine the likes of Falcao, Mangala, Moutinho.... Even Jackson martinez.... see aw good they av become over the years... Make d papa park well oooo...

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by isalegan2: 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I wish him the best too. Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini who has a track records of developing great creative mid fielders works and developed Iheanacho. The list of creative mid fielders who have worked under Coach Manuel Pellegrini includes Santiago Carzola and Isco who Manuel nurtured and groomed himself. Riquelme and now Silva and Nasri.

Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini takes interest in Iheanacho. Come on CITIZENS.

That's interesting. Why did Pellegrini then practically bench Riquelme - one of the greatest play-makers ever - at Villareal in 2007, when he was still on top of his game? Also, I don't believe he was the one that developed him. Were they in another club together before, or did he coach Argies national team?

Just wondering. I trust Iheanacho will impress all his coaches and succeed. smiley
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
isale_gan2:

That's interesting. Why did Pellegrini then practically bench Riquelme - one of the greatest play-makers ever - at Villareal in 2007, when he was still on top of his game? Also, I don't believe he was the one that developed him. Were they in another club together before, or did he coach Argies national team?

Riquelme was an Argentine young prodigy at Boca Juniors. After a very successful spell at Boca, he was snapped up by Barca. At Barca, Riquelme couldn't live up to his hype and was dropped. Pellegrini picked him up and groomed his game. Under Coach Pellegrini, Riquelme reached his highest point of his career in club football. Which was the Semi finals of the Champions league where Riquelme missed a penalty against Arsenal.

Nasri has shown remarkable improvement at Man City and Coach Manuel Pellegrini requested for Nasri not to be sold. The coach has a track record of making creative mids excel.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
isale_gan2:

Just wondering. I trust Iheanacho will impress all his coaches and succeed. smiley

By the way, read my statement.
thegoodjoehunt: The list of creative mid fielders who have worked under Coach Manuel Pellegrini includes

Santiago Carzola and Isco who Manuel nurtured and groomed himself.
Riquelme and now Silva and Nasri.
The first two names that is Santi and Isco, Pellegrini nurtured and Groomed them himself. Then Riquelme, Nasri and Silva are great midfielders working and have worked under him. There is a reason I seperated them.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
solomon111: Sorry,anderson is still at united but has been relegated to the background.
He was just like mikel with all the hype,unfortunately he was not good enough.
Mikel would've suffered the same fate.
And btw,he didn't do anything special at the confederations club afterall we were only able to beat tahiti,and onazi was actually the very mobile and over-worked partner in our midfield thereby reducing the negative effect of mikel's immobility to an extent.
Onazi was doing the work of two players!!
mikel will never play as a number 10 for big football nations or clubs.

First of all, I am not saying Man Utd was the right destination for Mikel. Man Utd was still a big leap. He shoupd have move to a smaller club like Ajax, PSV, PSG, Monaco etc.

Secondly, when you say that Mikel should play as a deep lying playmaker like Scholes, Pirlo, Xavi,Xabi Alonso, you miss something. These guys all had defensive midfielders behind them and play more creative roles. Like Xabi had
Mascherano, Pirlo had Gattuso, Scholes had Keane, Xavi has Busquets.

Mikel had Kaita at the age grade tourneys, at Chelsea, he is the Kaita/Defensive midfielder.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by mondi2: 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
Papa Iheanacho, please allow your boy to decide for himself that agent with you in owerri, they are after money not in your own interest or your son's interest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World Athletics Bans Transgender Women From Women's Competition / Nigeria Vs Botswana WAFCON 2022 : (2 - 0) On 7th July 2022 / Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 5th February 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.