Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,955 members, 7,838,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities (10439 Views)

Tuition Fees In Nigeria Private Universities / List Private Universities In Nigeria / Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by Pukkah: 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Who owns Anambra State University? The State... That's why Anambra State students can attend school at a lesser fee because the taxes of their parents is what built the school.

Tax payers money is to be used for the benefit of the common interest of the public like build Public Schools, Public Libraries, Public water supply, Public Roads, Public interests not finance privately owned institutions and businesses.

If he can give Private schools Public money, then all privately owned business should also get the same free money.

It's either you don't understand what government is and what public funds are meant to be used for or you just need Jesus.

If Nigeria was a sane society, Gov. obi should be facing an impeachment committee right now. That's how he used state funds to buy SUVs for chiefs. Do you even know that the churches that own these schools don't pay taxes? Do you know how many roads he could have built with 200million Naira? Or even provide a loan facility to the many Anambra state small scale business owners that could use this money to not only expand their businesses and employ more Anambra state youths, but also repay the money to the government with a premium?

It's illegal to use public funds to fund private entities, period.

It's like Jonathan giving public money to Oyedepo to finance his mega churches or to Dangote to finance his business.

You need to stop reasoning like an Obogwu.

Ah! You get patience.

Hopefully, he'll print out what you wrote, bind it and label it 'Government 101 For Dummies' before giving a copy to his paymasters.

A snail that thinks it's a horned animal.
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by LajaLaba: 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
So so wrong embarassed
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by Okijajuju1(m): 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pukkah:

See this moronic poster that is introducing his muddled up and upside down post with insults being thrown at his betters.

He has even compounded the plight of his god (Peter Obi) by adding a faith angle as if Nigeria were a non-secular country.

He's talking about a struggling university when we have previously talked about GM and Chrysler's bailout on this same thread and the fundamental differences between that case and this one.

Look at the way he addressed the money given to Anambra State University by the state government! Gosh! People dey for this country o!

I've talked about him in the third person singular form because his IQ is third rated. He's the type of person that makes outsiders think that third world countries are entirely populated with morons.

Proxy talk after reading post

Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by NumberOne2(m): 12:18am On Nov 26, 2013
Pukkah: AWKA—TWO private  universities in Anambra State, the Madonna University, Okija and Paul University, Awka weekend received N100 million each from Governor Peter Obi as part of the state government’s on-going intervention in tertiary institutions in the state.

Similarly, Governor Obi gave N30 million to St. John’s Technical College, Neni to enable the college improve infrastructure.
Obi recently began the intervention in tertiary education in the state with a grant of N5 billion to the state –owned Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu University for infrastructural development during which he promised that private universities in the state would also be supported.

The governor said during his visits to the two private universities that the intervention was necessary because as institutions in Anambra State, they were training the children of the state.
Obi also donated two vehicles to each of the universities.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/obi-doles-n200m-paul-madonna-varsities/

When there is no VISION... Wastage becomes an achievement.
Whose money is he donating? His own or tax payers money?
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by MissRachi: 2:00am On Nov 26, 2013
Tell me, with dis kind of news, y should ASUU call off their strike? ASUU has been beging for money, and money is been is given to privt unis who did not ask for money. Obi! God dey look all of una.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by delors(m): 2:29am On Nov 26, 2013
Pukkah: Is it proper for governments to donate cash to private companies?

Is this not like giving part of the resources of the people (or tax payers' money) to private businesses?

Is the reason given by the Governor (that the schools train Anambra children) good enough? Why can't the Governor continue to build and support the state-owned institutions?

Would those Anambra children pay cheaper fees in those private universities or continue to pay the high fees that all private universities charge?

Does it not amount a misplacement of priorities for a state that cannot boast of adequate supply of drinking water to the people to be funding private businesses?

Why give outright donations rather than loans or grants or investment or concessionary rates for tax and levies?

I think that some day, this bogus and needless donation will be investigated and the Governor may not come out clean.
You just took the words outta my mouth. this is one of the most bizzare move I have seen in a long while. A public figure donating taxpayers money to private investors FOR FREEEEEE! Thunder fire the man!
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by delors(m): 2:35am On Nov 26, 2013
Pukkah:

Your stupidity is only exceeded by your idiocy!

I asked very simple questions in a civil manner and you started running your mouth like a locally fabricated generator. Did you just escape from a sanatorium?

Do you think you're talking to one of your fellow bought IDs that have lost every sense of independent and logical reasoning?

The useless, directionless and disjointed post you put up there is a shame to the Nigerian educational system and a bigger shame to your employer.

That post (just like the poster) lacks direction and every line of it reeks of foolishness, ignorance and stupidity.

You would have stayed away from this thread if your IQ figure was higher than the number of fingers on your two hands.

In that case, you would not have effortlessly exposed your boundless ignorance and Level 1 foolishness.

Now run out of this thread and never return with your moronic way of reasoning and being rude to your superiors!

Oh boy eee shocked This bros dey provoke o...see yawa shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by visionsen(m): 4:50am On Nov 26, 2013
Obi Obi Obi all the way .God bless you so Anambra has money afterall ?
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by Billygee2u: 5:09am On Nov 26, 2013
I would like him to be investigated. This act is uncalled for .He has messed up big time. He used to be my best Governor,but this news has discredited him,though I do not trust the source of this heart braking news
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by pmc01(m): 8:43am On Nov 26, 2013
aventura: magnus paipatrum of non significant hocus pocus. If only he melangolided the tollibetor, the boshanistical appalum would have been zolisted. Very bad of him. cool

Free Advice: Do not start if you can't keep up the pace!
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU is still on strike and a State Governor is 'dashing' money to private Universities . . . shocked shocked

I swear this Peter Obi has gone completely insane!

Another 4 (possibly 8 ) years of suffer-head, dis-regard for the rule of law, abject abuse of government power/resources . . . await Anambrarians.

I'm beginning to believe that this state is actually cursed!
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by ik4life: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ujujoan: ASUU is still on strike and a State Governor is 'dashing' money to private Universities . . . shocked shocked

I swear this Peter Obi has gone completely insane!

Another 4 (possibly 8 ) years of suffer-head, dis-regard for the rule of law, abject abuse of government power/resources . . . await Anambrarians.

I'm beginning to believe that this state is actually cursed!
And my people just gave him another fresh term so he is still in celebration mood........we never see anything,wait when obi,obiano and umeh rule together,my people will even be begging buhari,tinubu and co to come and rule them.
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
taharqa: Will you keep quiet and stop asking me silly questns... I bliv that Govt shld fund Research and Development, as well as maybe Specific interventions, in Every institution of higher learning, for more than 10yrs subject to the limit of Govt's available funds of course. It has always been my belief, and has nothing to do with this particular Anambra case (I do not even know what Gov Obi intended d donated Fund to be used for sef). Even while condemning dat aspect of d ASUU Agreement few weeks ago that forced d FG to practicali take over d funding of State Univs, I made a clear exception to funding specific to Research or other Interventions (for instance, I hv always supported TETFund's interventions in State Univs)... Even in d US like I previously said, Harvard and many of those Great Univs you hear about are Private Schools, yet Govt (tru various Agencies and Special Funds like NASA, Navy, Airforce, Cancer Fund, Nanotechnology Fund, etc) is one of d highest, if not d highest in sm fields, contributor to Research and Development in many of those Univs and others in the country. Lets not allow Sillly Sentiments or Crowd mentality blind us abeg. You may want to question what area and why Gov Obi intended in releasing these interventions/donations (I do too) but don't questn the very essence of Govt's funding of (or, even nonfinancial assistance to) Universities, Public or Private, only just cos sm of them are 'Private Businesses'. Knowledge is Universal

See how you're just disgracing yourself all over the place because of N3,500 per day. grin embarassed

Abi na N2,000 sef? cheesy
Re: Governor Obi Donates N200m To Private Universities by naptu2: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) School Fees Schedule For 2013/2014 / Bandits Kidnap 5 Female Students Of Federal University, Dutsin-Ma Katsina / ASUU To Meet FG Again On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.