Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro (1376 Views)

Rev Matthew Kukah Cracks Ribs With Joke About Ogogoro At Independence Day Event / The Year 2019 AD; After Jonathan What Next For The Igbo Nation?- Ifeduba / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by egift(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
For the sake of the health and mental implications, it is important to remind our dearly beloved President what have been said about Ogogoro/Kaikai. Every day he takes up the enormous burden of taking decisions that affect us all - it is important that we are assured he make those decision with clear head. God bless Jonathan and Nigeria.

THE BIBLE
Ephesians 5:18 - And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Proverbs 20:1 - Wine [is] a mocker, strong drink [is] raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Isaiah 5:11 - Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, [that] they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, [till] wine inflame them!

Isaiah 5:22 - Woe unto [them that are] mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

Leviticus 10:9 - Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: [it shall be] a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Habakkuk 2:15 - Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to [him], and makest [him] drunken also, that thou mayest look on their unclothedness!

Romans 13:13 - Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

Isaiah 28:7 - But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble [in] judgment.

Proverbs 23:31 - Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, [when] it moveth itself aright.

Proverbs 23:20-21 - Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh.

Proverbs 21:17 - He that loveth pleasure [shall be] a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich.

Luke 1:15 - For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Hosea 4:11 - Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart.

Daniel 1:8 - But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

Proverbs 31:4 - [It is] not for kings, O Lemuel, [it is] not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:

Judges 13:4 - Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean [thing]:

Deuteronomy 14:26 - And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth:

Numbers 6:3 - He shall separate [himself] from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.

Luke 21:34 - And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and [so] that day come upon you unawares.

Proverbs 23:20 - Be not among winebibbers;

Titus 1:7 - For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

Matthew 24:49 - And shall begin to smite [his] fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

Ezekiel 44:21 - Neither shall any priest drink wine, when they enter into the inner court.

Jeremiah 35:14 - The words of Jonadab the son of Rechab, that he commanded his sons not to drink wine, are performed; for unto this day they drink none, but obey their father's commandment:

Isaiah 28:7-8 - But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble [in] judgment.

Proverbs 31:6 - Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

Proverbs 31:4-5 - [It is] not for kings, O Lemuel, [it is] not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:

2 Samuel 13:28 - Now Absalom had commanded his servants, saying, Mark ye now when Amnon's heart is merry with wine, and when I say unto you, Smite Amnon; then kill him, fear not: have not I commanded you? be courageous, and be valiant.

Genesis 19:32-38 - Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

1 Peter 4:3 - For the time past of [our] life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

Isaiah 5:22-23 - Woe unto [them that are] mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

Isaiah 5:11-12 - Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, [that] they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, [till] wine inflame them!
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by egift(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
GENERALLY:

- As a cure for worrying, work is better than whiskey. Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson.

- Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. Author: Bob Marley.

- If you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows, you might tell them sorrows know how to swim.

- One reason I don’t drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. Author: Lady Astor.

- First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you. Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald.

- Once you’ve consumed your first drink, you’ve lost that ability to make a sound judgment.

- Rethink your third drink
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by egift(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
MORE:
“There are two kinds of people I don't trust: people who don't drink and people who collect stickers.”
― Chelsea Handler, My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands

“I'm not drunk, just a little stoned.”
― Gerard Way

“Drinking is fun! It makes me feel horrible!”
― Warren Ellis

“Alcohol ruined me financially and morally, broke my heart and the hearts of too many others. Even though it did this to me and it almost killed me and I haven't touched a drop of it in seventeen years, sometimes I wonder if I could get away with drinking some now. I totally subscribe to the notion that alcoholism is a mental illness because thinking like that is clearly insane.”
― Craig Ferguson, American on Purpose: The Improbable Adventures of an Unlikely Patriot
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by Rad1cal: 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
The OP has gone rabidly crazy embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by kokoA(m): 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
High man dey advice high man.. Choi! The beauty of good liquor in the system grin I remember when an old man was advising my friends and I in a bar.. Lol.. After drinking like 6 bottles of Kronenburg, the oldman came over to our table and started telling us about the dangers of alcohol and why we should face our studies and not the bottles.. Lwkmd.. We still bought him two extra bottles which he accepted happily and called us "correct guys".. grin

1 Like

Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by Omen100(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by donphilopus: 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
EGift, do you know who you are challenging?? He's a Knight of my church (Anglican Communion), so he might probably know this before.
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by egift(m): 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
grin grin grin - at comments
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by Fernandez01: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
@ op If you are really good at reading the bible then you'll know that the bible commands that we should show respect to our leaders
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
Fernandez01: @ op If you are really good at reading the bible then you'll know that the bible commands that we should show respect to our leaders
Even if they have a drinking problem that affects their ability to effectively govern?
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by Fernandez01: 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Even if they have a drinking problem that affects their ability to effectively govern?

Jonathan has no drinking problem
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by kokoA(m): 6:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
Fernandez01:

Jonathan has no drinking problem
and who told you that?
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by againstGEJ(m): 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Even if they have a drinking problem that affects their ability to effectively govern?

This lier has come again.
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by egift(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
Fernandez01: @ op If you are really good at reading the bible then you'll know that the bible commands that we should show respect to our leaders

So you will not want us to help the President overcome his Drinking Problem? Fernandez01, do you hate our beloved President that much? May God forgive you.

Abeg Mr. President leave the Ogogoro bottle alone, it is a transparent spirit that is only reserved to those that want to drown their sorry. For the meantime, we thank the Almighty that Nigeria do not have a "Nuclear Football". grin
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by gurnam: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
He is the only one holding a cup of brandy.....shows how much he is at home with kai Kai
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by kokoA(m): 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
Drink responsibly..
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
againstGEJ:

This lier has come again.
A question makes me a liar? What of when I make a statement?
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by againstGEJ(m): 4:49am On Nov 26, 2013
kingoflag: A question makes me a liar? What of when I make a statement?

You have been discredited on another thread as a liar, so, keep your face off NairaLand.
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by simpleseyi: 8:31am On Nov 26, 2013
Jonathan makes drinking a sin because each time, he gets drunk and lands in a foreign hospital. Imaging a white doctor getting home late and saying to his wife ' sorry darling, a drunk African president was brought in a state of comma'
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by omoalaro: 9:14am On Nov 26, 2013
smiley wink grin
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by egift(m): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2013
gurnam: He is the only one holding a cup of brandy.....shows how much he is at home with kai Kai
He is a Pro.
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by egift(m): 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
With G7 Governors on board and the expansion of the APC, Nigerians will soon be relieved of this Ogogoro Presidency!

Hip! Hip!! Hurray!!!
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by nairalad: 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ogogoro + sapele water = very risky
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by akereconfi: 11:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
egift:

So you will not want us to help the President overcome his Drinking Problem? Fernandez01, do you hate our beloved President that much? May God forgive you.

Abeg Mr. President leave the Ogogoro bottle alone, it a transparent spirit that is only reserved to those that want to drown their sorry
. For the meantime, we thank the Almighty that Nigeria do not have a "Nuclear Football". grin

I wonder if you feel any thing like a BRAIN in your skull. I have never seen you construct a flawless sentence on this forum before and your POST is aimed at down grading the PRESIDENT.

Like seriously, you should face your books because your English is so pathetic and deteriorating day after day.

I keep correcting you on almost all your POSTS and COMMENTS.

Product of a FAILED EDUCATION system, but am scared you ate your school fees.

Waiting for your to make a flawless post.

Educational Iconoclast

1 Like

Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by egift(m): 2:20am On Nov 29, 2013
akereconfi:

I wonder if you feel any thing like a BRAIN in your skull. I have never seen you construct a flawless sentence on this forum before and your POST is aimed at down grading the PRESIDENT.

Like seriously, you should face your books because your English is so pathetic and deteriorating day after day.

I keep correcting you on almost all your POSTS and COMMENTS.

Product of a FAILED EDUCATION system, but am scared you ate your school fees.

Waiting for your to make a flawless post.

Educational Iconoclast

I never knew I have gotten so famous for you to abandon everything to keep tagging along. By the way, let me take a few second to correct some of the grammatical blunders littered in your comment:

1. Capitalizing words within a written sentence in English for the sake of emphases is grammatically incorrect. It is very informal. You only use those when chit-chatting with your peers.
2. Your paragraphing is wrong. Correct that next time.
3. You utilize colloquial English in your supposedly effort to highlight my "errors", do I resemble your benighted girlfriend. (Example: See the bold in green).
4. The use of "face your books" and "your English" is very miserable of you. For your information, the English language does not "deteriorate". Except if you are referring to the leftover meal in your kitchen.

So kid, next time you want to come off as subversive in English Language, try not to stifle us with those avoidable blunders. Do have yourself a nice evening.

1 Like

Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 29, 2013
againstGEJ:

You have been discredited on another thread as a liar, so, keep your face off NairaLand.

Who are you and name the thread.

Man, fuxck off. Simple question got u shaking in ur boots.
Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by akereconfi: 7:20am On Nov 29, 2013
egift:

I never knew I have gotten so famous for you to abandon everything to keep tagging along. By the way, let me take a few second to correct some of the grammatical blunders littered in your comment:

1. Capitalizing words within a written sentence in English for the sake of emphases is grammatically incorrect. It is very informal. You only use those when chit-chatting with your peers.
2. Your paragraphing is wrong. Correct that next time.
3. You utilize colloquial English in your supposedly effort to highlight my "errors", do I resemble your benighted girlfriend. (Example: See the bold in green).
4. The use of "face your books" and "your English" is very miserable of you. For your information, the English language does not "deteriorate". Except if you are referring to the leftover meal in your kitchen.

So kid, next time you want to come off as subversive in English Language, try not to stifle us with those avoidable blunders. Do have yourself a nice evening.

Do you know what is paragraphing?
Concerning the issue of 'face your book' when last did your read a journal or an article because you are so stale and need to refresh your memory, that's only if there's anything to refresh there.

It is a shame, if you should tell me that "your English" used in that sentence was wrong. You tried so hard to point out some imaginary flaws but sorry son, you failed. I'll see you on another thread.

Take your spelling class well son

1 Like

Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by strangest(m): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2013
OP, IS A YABA LEFT ESCAPE

1 Like

Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by egift(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2013
akereconfi:

Do you know what is paragraphing?
Concerning the issue of 'face your book' when last did your read a journal or an article because you are so stale and need to refresh your memory, that's only if there's anything to refresh there.

It is a shame, if you should tell me that "your English" used in that sentence was wrong. You tried so hard to point out some imaginary flaws but sorry son, you failed. I'll see you on another thread.

Take your spelling class well son

You are too proud to learn. I have fulfill my fare share of social responsibility to deliver you.

1. If you do not see the discrepancies in the space (paragraphs) of your post, then I have no reason discussing with you.
2. Again "face your book" is a wrong use of English, Mr. Akereconfi. At the level of your cognitive pedigree with the English Language, "face your studies" is more appropriate.
3. Also "your English" is wrong Prof. Akereconfi (I do not own the language). Now replace it with "your use of English", you will be glad at how sensible you sound.

Finally, if your job description among the 40-Laptop Gang is to portray me unlettered, tell whoever that employ you that I find it insulting that a Chump like you is sent on such morbid quest. Have a lovely day.

1 Like

Re: Reminding President Jonathan What Has Been Said About Ogogoro by akereconfi: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
egift:

You are too proud to learn. I have fulfill my fare share of social responsibility to deliver you.

1. If you do not see the discrepancies in the space (paragraphs) of your post, then I have no reason discussing with you.
2. Again "face your book" is a wrong use of English, Mr. Akereconfi. At the level of your cognitive pedigree with the English Language, "face your studies" is more appropriate.
3. Also "your English" is wrong Prof. Akereconfi (I do not own the language). Now replace it with "your use of English", you will be glad at how sensible you sound.

Finally, if your job description among the 40-Laptop Gang is to portray me unlettered, tell whoever that employ you that I find it insulting that a Chump like you is sent on such morbid quest. Have a lovely day.

It marvels me that the grammatical errors I pointed out to you, you have nothing not say about it. I guess you know your flaws were crystal clear so you deemed it right not to talk about it but accept it in good faith that you were wrong.

I point out to you, context where the aforementioned points you pointed out are used.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS! Omisore's Campaign Of Terror Begins. / "Lagos Deserves A Spacial Status" Mr. Olasupo Shasore SAN (no Mans Land) / Have You Heard That Song By TAN Musical Group?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.