Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

So I See - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So I See (1215 Views)

We Just Had Sex But Her Toto Smells Like Linda Ikeji's, So I Did This (18+) / My Boyfriend Raped Me See His Reason For Doing So (I Need Your Advice) / My Husband Cheats On Me So I Cheat On Him Too. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So I See by madamkoko: 3:18am On Jul 22, 2008
I'm not sure if this is worth a new thread but I see lots of threads about Women wanting thier men/mate/or partner to be rich and no one wants a poor man, this and that. Man rich, implicit notion: its ok if a woman poor, man rich, this, and that,

What do most men think but I'm quite certain that no man wants a woman whose a loser or a free loader.

Plus I don't know why men say " a woman should be there for me when i'm poor, broke" I think those men are selfish. Find a woman when u're Comfortable. Don't punish ur partner.

Anyways sha, my thing is just like Women don't like to be with broke men, i'm sure that men too don't like to be with broke women (I mean women who are potential mates/partners, not booty calls)

Hope this makes some sort of sense but what do ýou think ?
Re: So I See by HCH3COO: 3:20am On Jul 22, 2008
lipsrsealed

first
Re: So I See by madamkoko: 3:26am On Jul 22, 2008
what does that mean ?
Re: So I See by Nobody: 3:33am On Jul 22, 2008
LMAO, NJ HJ, would you want a broke man? No one wants to raise a family in poverty na. I do NOT want a broke man. Simple!

Anyways, I'm not looking for a rich man, just a man with a stable job. One that can help his wife provide for his family's wants.

I also don't expect any man to want a broke woman, a woman that'll depend on him for all his needs.
Re: So I See by madamkoko: 3:41am On Jul 22, 2008
I think that brokeness is relative to age. For example, you don't expect a 23 year old guy to be financially stable. He's still working things out. BUT 23yr old women normally seek financially stable men, as a result look for older men (who also maybe poor relative to their age) BUT because these women are ready to get married, (based on the female socially acceptable age of marriage) they may not neccessarily consider this relativity,

I've met men who say i have financial potential just give me TIME, and u're like how long am I willing to wait.
Re: So I See by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 22, 2008
I think that brokeness is relative to age. For example, you don't expect a 23 year old guy to be financially stable. He's still working things out. BUT 23yr old women normally seek financially stable men, as a result look for older men (who also maybe poor relative to their age) because they're ready to get married, (based on the female socially acceptable age of marriage)

I've met men who say i have financial potentail just give me TIME, and u're like how long am I willing to wait.

What am seeing here is broke girls not wanting broke guys.
If you're broke and you're complaining about the other one being broke, that's just selfish right there.
Of course a 23 year old is not yet stable. A little boy still trying to balance part time campus job/ out of campus job with his education. LOL! Ladies better be happy that the boys are atleast trying to do something to finish their education and trying to balance their schedule to have time for the ladies.

One thing I've noticed is that it's mostly the desperate men urgently looking for wives are the ones settling for any kind of woman this days. May she be broke, may she be illiterate, she's still a wife, right?

Women women women! Me thinks its best to stick with a man that's broke at the moment and trying to finish his education when you yourself know you're in the same stage as he is. Fight the storm with him. Don't try to go for older men just because they've got the dough. Well, if it's a matter of love, that's another story o.
Re: So I See by madamkoko: 4:01am On Jul 22, 2008
You''re hinting at the point that i'm trying to make.

its best to stick with a man that's broke at the moment and trying to finish his education when you yourself know you're in the same stage as he is. Fight the storm with him. Don't try to go for older men just because they've got the dough.

I feel that most Nigerian women at 23-24yrs old, are dying to get married as a result, don't want young boys, (their age mate) they want someone who has made it so that they can quickly marry.

But relatively, the old man has not made enough for his age.
Re: So I See by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 22, 2008
Don't get me wrong o.
At some stage when am ready to get married, when I'm bringing in some dough, I do NOT want a broke man.
I want a man that can support a family, just as am trying to work for us.
I don't want a "house-husband" please.
Just have a stable job, like myself, so we can work together to save up sth sth for a family. right?
Re: So I See by madamkoko: 4:14am On Jul 22, 2008
Ruby_Pearl : are you toyinrayo?
Re: So I See by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 22, 2008
I feel that most Nigerian women at 23-24yrs old, are dying to get married as a result, don't want young boys, (their age mate) they want someone who has made it so that they can quickly marry.

But relatively, the old man has not made enough for his age.
You're right.
But I think there are other factors that ties in with this epidemic.
As they say, age is not maturity. But maturity evolves with age.
Maybe they want older men for security/protection reasons.

LOL! Young boys are still learning the ways of the world, while the other ones have learned enough to know their place in the world. lol
Re: So I See by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 22, 2008
NJ HJ, touch your nose grin yes. tongue
Re: So I See by ladybam(f): 11:33am On Jul 22, 2008
@ poster

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did'nt make sense. undecided undecided
Re: So I See by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 23, 2008
@lady bam
Can you please expatiate on that?
Re: So I See by DAISYBABY: 1:22am On Jul 23, 2008
sorry i did not understand you

(1) (Reply)

Save Me From My Girl / Marrying For The Green Card - No Hankey Pankey Involved / Need A Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.