Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP (2064 Views)

Rivers Election: Nigeria Military Merges With APC, Sends Witnesses To Tribunal! / Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies / Biafra Zionist Movement Merges With Bilie Human Right Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by LMAyedun(m): 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
The merger was announced in Abuja.

The All Progressives Congress, APC, has announced a merger with the Abubakar Baraje-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party, tagged ‘New PDP’

The merger was announced at the end of a meeting at the Kano Governors Lodge in Abuja on Tuesday.

Mr. Baraje read the terse communique to journalists at about 11.46 a.m.

The merger means the APC now has its 11 governors and the seven governors who are members of the New PDP; making a total of 18 state governors.

The seven New PDP governors were expected to have a last meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan before taking a decision. The meeting is yet to be held.

Details later

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/150339-breaking-news-apc-merges-new-pdp.html
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
For real?
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Gosj01(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
hmmmm, Apc vs pdp
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by yunglykmine(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
The die is cast......the soul of Nigeria is up for grab.

Let the nights of the long-knives begin.....
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by engrfcuksmtin(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
Scrolling now on channels........the battle begins
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
The best form of defence is attack! Good that APC robbed the PDP of 7 Governors in one fell swoop. This is a never-before-seen political master stroke led by Gen Muhammadu Buhari and Asiwaju Tinubu without forgetting the inputs and impacts of several other leaders in APC.

As much as haters might want to spin this news around,yet they know that they are sure and sore afraid
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by passionate88: 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
Amaechi don enter one chance. Molue wey no get brake. Hahahahahahaha grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by takedat(m): 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
When will ordinary Nigerians set aside their differences and unite to fight our common enemy, our thieving political class who have increasingly drained the vitality out of us and who have not offered Nigeria any tonic for greatness?

The only good from this merger is that our democracy is gradually evolving. Nigerians should either join a party or form a new one instead of waiting for an elusive deliverer in the mold of the biblical Moses. No real changes can be made outside of the political arena.
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by eksammy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
And so wat...let them go joor!

i just dey watch and observing the proceedings sha oooo

Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by LMAyedun(m): 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
A mission to a political extinction

2015!!! I can't wait.
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Symphony007: 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, fellow nigerians!! Grab a seat and some refreshment we are about the watch the implosion of nigeria's greatest parasite that has feasted on it for over a decade. The PDP!!!
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by kokoA(m): 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
Opposition now fully incharge of more states and the National assembly..
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Danhumprey: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!

Would GEJ be able to survive the heat that this merger is sure to generate?? embarassed

Let's watch out. cool
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by yunglykmine(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:

2015!!! I can't wait.
R I P to their political career.

My question is... Is APC really 'progressive' with this move?
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Abagworo(m): 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good development for Nigeria. I often argued that IBB's 2 political party system is the best for Nigeria and God has just done it this time against the wish of the evil minded. The Obi faction of APGA and Mimiko's Labour party should officially merge with PDP instead of being closet PDP members. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by nerodenero: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
Merger of same old thieving polithiefcians cry
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by tomakint: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
What is breaking about this 'Unholy Alliance' now? When it is too sure that my President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will flog any clown they (APC) will be presenting as Presidential Aspirant come 2015 undecided undecided with this revelation now, Amaechi is finished politically! If he (Amaechi) feels hobnobbing with some Funky Mallams will boost his political relevance, I think he has just miss it big time, 2014 roll in quick and see what will become of Amaechi.....APC clowns you can quote me on this! cool

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by gleaf: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
looting rebranded
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:

2015!!! I can't wait.

What a reasoning from you! Does it mean anybody in opposition politics lack relevance?

So Fashola,Aregbesola,Oshiomhole,Shettima,Al-Makura all are nobodies because they are not in PDP?
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by LMAyedun(m): 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
yunglykmine: R I P to their political career.

My question is... Is APC really 'progressive' with this move?
Progressive ko, Retrogressive ni.. Mtcheeeewwww!!! They've never been progressive. They've ended up polluting APC by merging with those losers.
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by awodman: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
Let the fireworks begin!!..NIGERIA's soul is up for grabs
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
[size=13pt]Strong opposition = Better democracy.

Thats the only positive I can take out of this news

Goodluck and co will have to sit up and work very well with the small time left till 2015, to convince nigerians to extend his tenure.

Strong opposition is all nigeria needs to move forward.

But the only problem I see here is, the APC state leaders in those 7 states may not be very willing to accept those 7 governors at the state level, because it will mean their influence will diminish. Because at the state level, the APC people were enemies with the ex-pdp govs in 2011. I think the same thing applied to Rochas (APGA) and Udenwa (APC) in imo.
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Dannylux: 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
A half rotten tomato is a rotten tomato.
Now what would APC brag about now they've soiled themselves with the so called corrupt leaders?

No wise Nigerian would vote APC in power. They are now what they fight.
Bloody hypocrites!!
We better vote in the devil we know than the devil angel we don't know.

GEJ till 2019..

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by LMAyedun(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
sagombugo:

What a reasoning from you! Does it mean anybody in opposition politics lack relevance?

So Fashola,Aregbesola,Oshiomhole,Shettima,Al-Makura all are nobodies because they are not in PDP?

I never said so... My point, APC shouldn't have taken those bunch of corrupt losers into the strong opposition they are tryna build in the political system.

They are self-centred and in no time, they will manifest
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Psychedelia(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
The definition of the word, "Progressive" keeps getting stretched with each passing day.
And soon enough, there'll come a time when there'll be nothing left to distinguish between PDP and APC except the logo... AND the hypocrisy.

Wait... Who am I kidding? It's happened already.
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
Abagworo: Good development for Nigeria. I often argued that IBB's 2 political party system is the best for Nigeria and God has just done it this time against the wish of the evil minded. The Obi faction of APGA and Mimiko's Labour party should officially merge with PDP instead of being closet PDP members. God bless Nigeria.

STFU, birds of the same feather. After you will come here and start shouting progressives.

Same bunch of corrupt bastards, the G7 governors are even worse than the others, says a lot about ur APC. Foolish riddance to appalling rubbish
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by PointBlank13(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
it was long overdue
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by vizboy(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
hurray hurray hurray

From PDP to APC

And the looting Continues
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by alaoeri: 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
2015 will be very interesting watching from the sideline.
Lagos+PH+Kano hmmm GEJ 'll have to tidy his homework.
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by osifred(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
It has become imperative for us to join the progressive
Re: Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP by iamswizz(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2013

(1) (2)

Breaking News.bomb Blast In Kano / Eko Atlantic Lights Up Victoria Island Landscape / “ounce For Ounce, BokoHaram Is Equal To The Nigerian Military,” USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.