Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures (5210 Views)

Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) / Ifeanyi Uba Games Village Nnewi Ongoing Construction Work (Photos) / Abuja Airport Road (under Construction): Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by LordVarys: 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
I recently took a road trip to a number of
southwestern states in Nigeria, including Ibadan,
Abeokuta, Akure, Adoekiti, and a drive through
Oshogbo. Most people would cringe at the thought
of road trips judging by the quality of our roads
which often leads to traffic and consequently delays
that increase the time spent on such journeys.
One road many people, especially those travelling
out of Lagos often complain about, is the Lagos-
Ibadan express road. This road links out of Lagos for
people travelling out of Lagos towards the North,
East and West. The economic importance of this
road cannot be overemphasized. So it must have
been with glee that many received the
announcement that the road which has fallen into
disrepair will be rehabilitated.
However, the bigger question was: when will work
start on this project? I do not have details of who the
contract was awarded to, how much, or how long it
should take to finish. Surely, those are google-able
info. But I do have eye witness info that work
involving the expansion of that road has started and
is in full swing.
We came upon the workers just after Sagamu and
there is about a kilometer of expansion which has
already taken place. The pegs on the road seem to
suggest the expansion will come way further. I am
not too farmiliar with the names of the towns but I
think I stopped seeing pegs just before Ibafo. Again,
I am not too sure of this. Perhaps this is also google-
able information.
I was able to take some photos of the construction
and I will share a few at the end of this post.
Whether this work will be seen to a conclusion I
cannot say, but one thing is sure: work on the Lagos-
Ibadan express road has begun in earnest and the
RCC (I believe this is the construction company
handling the project) have strong presence on the
roads and seem to be doing a great job so far. I think
a thumbs up to the authorities may just be in order
I hope the pictures give a feel of the ongoing work.
Forgive my amateur photography.
anabagail./2013/11/21/lagos-ibadan-express-road-construction/

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 8:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lmao. This is the great plan by the PDP at getting Lagos? A cosmetic show on the Lagos Ibadan eexpressway after 4 years of neglect? Okay I am watching.

Nigerians will remember that this is the not the first time contract for that road will be awarded and it has turned to an avenue for the federal ministry of works to steal money while no work has been done on the road.

They claim the contractors collect money and leave yet no arrest or trial.

This is another attempt to steal money. I dey siddon look mode

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by LordVarys: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
Having issues uploading the pics,too large

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Nnewi1stSon: 8:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44: Lmao. This is the great plan by the PDP at getting Lagos? A cosmetic show on the Lagos Ibadan eexpressway after 4 years of neglect? Okay I am watching.

Nigerians will remember that this is the not the first time contract for that road will be awarded and it has turned to an avenue for the federal ministry of works to steal money while no work has been done on the road.

You APC Sycophants are utterly shameless! It's just too obvious that even if Jonathan builds a tower of ivory under your noses, you'd still be 'Anti Gej'. Left to me, i think it's about time GEJ grew past you people's obstinacy, any region that chooses to grow backward should be allowed to grow backward! Bunch of oily heads! angry!

10 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by geeez: 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
I saw this the last time I travelled through that road

The pace is slow and this is the only stretch, not more than 5km, where work is going on

It's all very political from the look of things

A campaign tool for 2015

Can someone please tell GEJ it's not werking

Yorubas are smarter than this

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by theoctopus1: 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44: Lmao. This is the great plan by the PDP at getting Lagos? A cosmetic show on the Lagos Ibadan eexpressway after 4 years of neglect? Okay I am watching.

The contract for that road has never been awarded. Stop spewing lies. The road was formerly concessioned to Babalakin who did nothing for 2 years and the concession was revoked. The same Babalakin that is trying to hound Stella Oduah!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by theoctopus1: 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: You APC Sycophants are utterly shameless! It's just too obvious that even if Jonathan builds a tower of ivory under your noses, you'd still be 'Anti Gej'. Left to me, i think it's about time GEJ grew past you people's obstinacy, any region that chooses to grow backward should be allowed to grow backward! Bunch of oily heads! angry!

Bro, dont sweat it. It isnt Yorubas. It is just some APC bigots on NL. Yorubas are pissed with APC. I live in Lagos and I know for sure. People are angry.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: You APC Sycophants are utterly shameless! It's just too obvious that even if Jonathan builds a tower of ivory under your noses, you'd still be 'Anti Gej'. Left to me, i think it's about time GEJ grew past you people's obstinacy, any region that chooses to grow backward should be allowed to grow backward! Bunch of oily heads! angry!
I will ignore your insults and address your points.

So you call fixing one tiny spot on the whole road (wait is that even the Lagos-ibadan expressway? I can't see any FERMA personal to show it is an FG thing sef) an ivory tower?

What has been done on that road for the past years while the contracts have been issued over and over again?

I refused to be fooled. And you can keep the insults coming, I wont be dragged down that crazy path with you.

I ain't got time for crap

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
geeez: I saw this the last time I travelled through that road

The pace is slow and this is the only stretch, not more than 5km, where work is going on

A campaign tool for 2015

I don't now who will see this and call it development or road construction. The Iworoko road is Ekiti is a state government thing and even as broke as the state is, it is moving on well
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
theoctopus1:

Bro, dont sweat it. It isnt Yorubas. It is just some APC bigots on NL. Yorubas are pissed with APC. I live in Lagos and I know for sure. People are angry.
I wonder where you stay in Lagos
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by LordVarys: 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
More @mynd44, u asked for proof of construction, I gave you,let's see how it goes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by atlwireles: 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:

So you call fixing one tiny spot on the whole road (wait is that even the Lagos-ibadan expressway? I can't see any FERMA personal to show it is an FG thing sef) an ivory tower?

What has been done on that road for the past years while the contracts have been issued over and over again?

I refused to be fooled. And you can keep the insults coming, I wont be dragged down that crazy path with you.

Do you live in Nigeria or are you just, another APC web based warrior

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by geeez: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
theoctopus1:

Obviously you don't live in Lagos
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
atlwireles:

Do you live in Nigeria or are you just, another APC web based warrior
I keep wondering why I bother with you people. Why has that road being like that all these years? Why has GEJ suddenly ignored Lagos?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Nnewi1stSon: 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:

Are you kidding me? cheesy you actually termed my post 'an insult', lol. You dont qualify for my insults. I only dished you a little respect cos i know you're a mod of some section on Nl. If i do actually 'insult' you, believe me you'd deactivate your account with the speed of light. grin.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Are you kidding me? cheesy you actually termed my post 'an insult', lol. You dont qualify for my insults. I only dished you a little respect cos i know you're a mod of some section on Nl. If i do actually 'insult' you, believe me you'd deactivate your account with the speed of light. grin.
You will insult me and I will deactivated my account? I fail to see the correlation. That statement is silly(that being an understatement) and a show of the intelligence of the person who made it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2013

FG reconstructing the road so as to get Lagos in 2015 won't because before its reconstruction, SW governors had volunteered to reconstruct it if FG couldn't.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
FG reconstructing the road so as to get Lagos in 2015 won't because before its reconstruction, SW governors had volunteered to reconstruct it if FG couldn't.
The FG has become so useless that the states are getting tired of waiting and decided to do their jobs.

How are we even sure it is not the Ogun state government that's doing remedial work there?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Nnewi1stSon: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
You will insult me and I will deactivated my account? I fail to see the correlation. That statement is silly(that being an understatement) and a show of the intelligence of the person who made it.

You obviously do not read figurative meanings into statements! Do have a nice day(night) cheers mate!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by theoctopus1: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
I wonder where you stay in Lagos

I am 10 times more a Lagosian than you. Most of you making noise on NL are from Osun and Ekiti states. Lagos state indigenes are pissed with Tinubu and are just bidding their time. All the PDP or Labour needs is to produce a good candidate. From Badagry to Ekpe to Ikorodu, people are pissed. You can keep deluding yourself on NL, but you will be shocked in 2015

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: You obviously do not read figurative meanings into statements! Do have a nice day(night) cheers mate!
Running already? I was already looking forward to dekactivating my account
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by theoctopus1: 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
The FG has become so useless that the states are getting tired of waiting and decided to do their jobs.

How are we even sure it is not the Ogun state government that's doing remedial work there?

Now I know you are a clown. No one should ever take you serious. I have wasted my time. Good night! grin
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by funshint(m): 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
Useless Jolatan... ASUU on strike; Doctors also on strike 4 d past 2months but the Eediot still deems it fit to be gallivanting around the world doing useless birthday abroad till he got drunk... Shameless morons!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
funshint: Useless Jolatan... ASUU on strike; Doctors also on strike 4 d past 2months but the Eediot still deems it fit to be gallivanting around the world doing useless birthday abroad till he got drunk... Shameless morons!!!
You forget ASUP too
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by oderemo(m): 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
theoctopus1:

I am 10 times more a Lagosian than you. Most of you making noise on NL are from Osun and Ekiti states. Lagos state indigenes are pissed with Tinubu and are just bidding their time. All the PDP or Labour needs is to produce a good candidate. From Badagry to Ekpe to Ikorodu, people are pissed. You can keep deluding yourself on NL, but you will be shocked in 2015
Good candidate lyk koro abi,, the only good candidate engy folorunsho
Is long gone.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by bongila(f): 9:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't now who will see this and call it development or road construction. The Iworoko road is Ekiti is a state government thing and even as broke as the state is, it is moving on well
Honestly you will lose this particular argument. GEJ has been in office for how long again? Remind me please!
First it was that no work was going on,now it's an issue of "it may not even be Lagos Ibadan expressway because you can't see FERMA presence" like seriously?
Past governments have neglected that road for eons and now someone is doing something about it,he is canvassing for votes. It really is tiresome arguing back and forth with some people I tell you!
Don't join the band wagon,open your mind and think for yourself brah!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Nnewi1stSon: 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
theoctopus1:

Now I know you are a clown. No one should ever take you serious. I have wasted my time. Good night! grin
A very big clown @ that! grin
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Mynd44: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
bongila:
Honestly you will lose this particular argument. GEJ has been in office for how long again? Remind me please!
First it was that no work was going on,now it's an issue of "it may not even be Lagos Ibadan expressway because you can't see FERMA presence" like seriously?
Past governments have neglected that road for eons and now someone is doing something about it,he is canvassing for votes. It really is tiresome arguing back and forth with some people I tell you!
You see this argument of yours is the same point you guys made when Boko Haram was slaughtering citizens of my country by the thousands and the president said "Keep calm it happens everywhere" they bombed everywhere killed without restraint and after thousands died, he deployed the military and I am supposed to praise him?

When the subsidy was lifted, we were told the money will putty directly into capital projects like roads, electricity etc and we had to wait for how long for them to start some remedial works?

Do you ask yourself why the FG has not done anything since then but they release budgets every year? Where is the second Niger bridge? Wheel is the east-west road? Where is the ministry of agriculture?

Where are the rails? Yet I am support to stat passing him for fixing 2% of a road? Are you serious or you are just some sort of comic relief?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
bongila:
This is why I call them HATERS. They are not interested in progress nor development, just HATING.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by omanzo02: 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
geeez: I saw this the last time I travelled through that road

A campaign tool for 2015

Come to Europe to see for yourself that roadwork goes in slow pace, I think Nigerians need to learn political or social bureaucracy that delay things to happen.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by jmaine: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:

This was a very useless and silly attempt at humor . . . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures by jmaine: 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
theoctopus1:

The guy has shown he is an aspiring jerk . . . . embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected / Breaking News:Fayose Fights Ecobank Dirty,Ecobank Leaves Ekiti For Now..photos / FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.