Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Fresh Confusion, Discombobulation And Commotion Rocks New PDP/APC Merger - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Confusion, Discombobulation And Commotion Rocks New PDP/APC Merger (2765 Views)

Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter / The New PDP Campaign Pattern (Photo) / Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Confusion, Discombobulation And Commotion Rocks New PDP/APC Merger by Biggiestep(m): 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Fresh

Re: Fresh Confusion, Discombobulation And Commotion Rocks New PDP/APC Merger by Bezed(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
apc.. Should really watch it.. With these decampees, a problem will surely arise when 2015 comes close.. Most of these ppl decamping are ppl who are power driven and wouldnt want to be under certain rules..come 2015 i'm sure apc wont approve of every of these ppls demands and yet again they will run, and you know what that means.. If they want to progress they should really screen ppl coming in, at least no their motives first.. Cos its better to loose members now and learn to live with it and at least make amends then loose is close to election time.
Re: Fresh Confusion, Discombobulation And Commotion Rocks New PDP/APC Merger by ba7man(m): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
About APC absorbing "alleged" corrupt Politicians: I'm not entirely comfortable with that but they command influence already in this Nigerian Political system. If their corrupt tendencies can be contained to have acess to their influence, then its the right
move......I just hope a change in Party ideology can curb them.

One thing for sure right now is; PDP just got weaker (Again), ACP just got stronger and G.E.J is not a good Politician/Leader to allow all this happen under his watch.

...........Well, he's never being a good Politician or known for any smart Political move. PDP is actually falling apart under his watch no matter what his supporters say or believe.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Confusion, Discombobulation And Commotion Rocks New PDP/APC Merger by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
ba7man: About APC absorbing "alleged" corrupt Politicians: I'm not entirely comfortable with that but they command influence already in this Nigerian Political system. If their corrupt tendencies can be contained to have acess to their influence, then its the right
move......I just hope a change in Party ideology can curb them.

One thing for sure right now is; PDP just got weaker (Again), ACP just got stronger and G.E.J is not a good Politician/Leader to allow all this happen under his watch.

...........Well, he's never being a good Politician or known for any smart Political move. PDP is actually falling apart under his watch no matter what his supporters say or believe.
There was nothing GEJ could have done to stop those governors from leaving, except sacrificing his second term ambition.

You know OBJ used Iwuruwuru INEC to make PDP the largest party in Africa. The PDP would have been swept completely off the southeast by APGA in 2003 if not for Iwuruwuru INEC. The same for parts of the north and southwest. But under GEJ, INEC has been doing far cleaner elections and the side effect of that is the automatic reduction in the size of PDP.

Even with the loss of 5 or even 7 governors, not much has changed in terms of the chances of GEJ in 2015. You'll notice that Rochas has been quiet after the Anambra election. Reason is that he is now an endangered specie. Chances are that he may return back to PDP before 2015. Several alignments and re-alignments will still take place before 2015.
Re: Fresh Confusion, Discombobulation And Commotion Rocks New PDP/APC Merger by ba7man(m): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There was nothing GEJ could have done to stop those governors from leaving, except sacrificing his second term ambition.

You know OBJ used Iwuruwuru INEC to make PDP the largest party in Africa. The PDP would have been swept completely off the southeast by APGA in 2003 if not for Iwuruwuru INEC. The same for parts of the north and southwest. But under GEJ, INEC has been doing far cleaner elections and the side effect of that is the automatic reduction in the size of PDP.

Even with the loss of 5 or even 7 governors, not much has changed in terms of the chances of GEJ in 2015. You'll notice that Rochas has been quiet after the Anambra election. Reason is that he is now an endangered specie. Chances are that he may return back to PDP before 2015. Several alignments and re-alignments will still take place before 2015.
I still believe G.E.J could have handled their case without loosing them. They hung around long enough hoping for him to just aknowledge them but I'm sure G.E.J has people around him that told him to ignore them. At a point, it seemed all they wanted was his attention.

As "Commader in chief" he has all they'll ever need but i don't think he played those cards. There's always a halfway line without giving up his ambition, that's what he was supposed to negotiate with them.

O.B.J has that skill and he over-used it when he almost convinced Nigeria to give him a 3rd Term. Some people were actually falling for it till they were jolted back to their senses.

G.E.J hasn't attempted to play that kind of game yet, he's too One-dimensional.
Re: Fresh Confusion, Discombobulation And Commotion Rocks New PDP/APC Merger by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
ba7man: I still believe G.E.J could have handled their case without loosing them. They hung around long enough hoping for him to just aknowledge them but I'm sure G.E.J has people around him that told him to ignore them. At a point, it seemed all they wanted was his attention.

As "Commader in chief" he has all they'll ever need but i don't think he played those cards. There's always a halfway line without giving up his ambition, that's what he was supposed to negotiate with them.

O.B.J has that skill and he over-used it when he almost convinced Nigeria to give him a 3rd Term. Some people were actually falling for it till they were jolted back to their senses.

G.E.J hasn't attempted to play that kind of game yet, he's too One-dimensional.
I dont think the president could have anything else to retain those governors, short of sacrificing his second term ambition.

Meanwhile, it is unfair to compare GEJ with OBJ. OBJ had Iwu's INEC to deal with erring politicians unlike GEJ. There is no tool that is more potent than the threat of losing the next election for any politician.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Queries Sanusi Over 22 Fraudulent Act Discovered At CBN / EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. / I Am From This State: The Latest APC Nairaland Propaganda And Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.