Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (45725 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
Or this. . .

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
smiley

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by teethom(f): 12:29am On Dec 02, 2013
Will advise you go to the market,test your gown before buying.For catering,get a good caterer who will handle that.If you r capable,get an event planner.That is just the best.Can recommend someone,She will plan well for you and charge less,her num 08168506799.I always advise people to get a planner,that's the best.You can be in your house while your planner gets ur dress for you,Congrats to you and others that are planning.I wish you all the best.You can as well contact me for decor+small chops,Ushering+Photography,08098335337
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ifenanya(f): 12:31am On Dec 02, 2013
Is anyone getting a wedding website? I want to see some links. grin

I love looking at wedding websites.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
ifenanya: Is anyone getting a wedding website? I want to see some links. grin

You can check bellanaija.com
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by kuphid(f): 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
interesting thread...following and learning
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ifenanya(f): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
Phema:

You can check bellanaija.com

I meant, does anyone have their own personal wedding website to help their guests get ready for the upcoming wedding? Not a wedding blog/company.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
ifenanya:

I meant, does anyone have their own personal wedding website to help their guests get ready for the upcoming wedding? Not a wedding blog/company.

Oh, that one na long thing oooo. No idea.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wedding bells ringing cheesy.

Pls make sure the hall is very chilled oh. I hate going for wedding and sweating like Xmas goats during reception tongue.
That's my own contribution.

If not, use an open field.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
Chillisauce: Wedding bells ringing cheesy.

Pls make sure the hall is very chilled oh. I hate going for wedding and sweating like Xmas goats during reception tongue.
That's my own contribution.

If not, use an open field.

Oh, that is so true! cheesy. Haven't made that arrangement. Thanks Chilli! kiss

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Juwonlo00(f): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
bellong:

I second this..... Meanwhile, you guys have to make good agreement with the caterer to the satisfaction of the guests
Me too, am so loving this thread.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Juwonlo00(f): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
ifenanya: Is anyone getting a wedding website? I want to see some links. grin

you can check Wedding Digest, The Nigerian Wedding. Also Wedding Feferity. They are all good sites..... Am sure u'll like wot u'll see
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
Juwonlo00: Me too, am so loving this thread.

Welcome on board! Feel free to drop any tips. smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ladygogo: 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
hello phema.Congratulations! i believe you live in Benin. There is a lady called Mrs Awala or something for Olive catering. i think she is a little bit popular. Then for more wedding ideas you can check sugarweddings website
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
lady gogo: hello phema.Congratulations! i believe you live in Benin. There is a lady called Mrs Awala or something for Olive catering. i think she is a little bit popular. Then for more wedding ideas you can check sugarweddings website

Nope, i don't. We chose to have the wedding in Benin for some reason. Will check that lady out. Thanks Gogo! kiss
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
Every one, please I need your take on this. . .

I really don't like this idea of guests buying gifts for the couple cos to be candid, most of these gifts are usually what the couple already have or what they might not need in decades! Ranges from cutlery to general cooking utensils, to basic household utilities. These items end up causing more harm than good With the newly wedded couple looking for space to store them. Heck! My mum's own is still locked up somewhere and she hasn't used one tenth of it.

Now, we were just thinking. . . Is there a way one can add a "cash only" caption in the IV? Something like; "You do not have to come with gifts, but if you must, please make it cash only" grin

Will that be too blunt, rude or desperate? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 04, 2013
Phema: Every one, please I need your take on this. . .

I really don't like this idea of guests buying gifts for the couple cos to be candid, most of these gifts are usually what the couple already have or what they might not need in decades! Ranges from cutlery to general cooking utensils, to basic household utilities. These items end up causing more harm than good With the newly wedded couple looking for space to store them. Heck! My mum's own is still locked up somewhere and she hasn't used one tenth of it.

Now, we were just thinking. . . Is there a way one can add a "cash only" caption in the IV? Something like; "You do not have to come with gifts, but if you must, please make it cash only" grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I'm starting to like this Phema babe!
Ehhhrrrmmmmmm, I think it'll be a lil blunt! undecided
But who says blunt ain't good

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ireneidiva(f): 5:45am On Dec 04, 2013
Phema: Every one, please I need your take on this. . .

have you bought these already for your new home? If you have not, don't buy them until the wedding is over just incase you get them as gifts! Don't put that on the IV! Put 'dont come with a gift' rather.forget the cash.

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 04, 2013
alutacontinua:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I'm starting to like this Phema babe!
Ehhhrrrmmmmmm, I think it'll be a lil blunt! undecided
But who says blunt ain't good

Hahahahahaha. The thing dey tire me jare. What's with the spoons and pots? Like the couple's lives depend on it. cheesy

Ok ok, I agree it's too blunt, please help with a more subtle way of passing the message across. grin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 04, 2013
ireneidiva:
have you bought these already for your new home? If you have not, don't buy them until the wedding is over just incase you get them as gifts! Don't put that on the IV! Put 'dont come with a gift' rather.forget the cash.

Yes. We have these things and more. The house is already well furnished and equipped. So, the gifts will just be useless and take up unnecessary space which we can't even afford or worse still, end up in one of our parents empty rooms!

Maybe we will go with the "Don't come with gifts" caption and leave out the "cash only". The people wey soji go understand wink cheesy
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by eagleeye2: 6:38am On Dec 04, 2013
Phema:

As an Igbo boy, I always look for a win-win situation.
Why not just allow the guests to come with whatever they have, and make arrangement with Gift Shop/ Super market to buy off the ones you don't need at 20% discount.
Nobody will be the wiser.

3 Likes

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 04, 2013
eagle,eye:

As an Igbo boy, I always look for a win-win situation.
Why not just allow the guests to come with whatever they have, and make arrangement with Gift Shop/ Super market to buy off the ones you don't need at 20% discount.
Nobody will be the wiser.

Nice idea. Are there shops that will agree to that?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by eagleeye2: 7:10am On Dec 04, 2013
Phema:

Nice idea. Are there shops that will agree to that?
Am sure you will find one. The 20% or more discount will make it even more attractive. Moreover when they see that the gift items are new and unused, I don't see why they won't make a deal.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2013
chaircover:

LOL just make sure that someone hasnt written on the box and not just the wrapping paper. Such as "congratulations to Mr & Mrs ****"

Someone gave me a set of plates once and I had no use for it and packed it up and gave it to someone else, only for the person to tell me later that it had my name written on the box embarassed

When my brother got married he had so many household gifts of the same. It almost filled a room, they took it to the market and sold them all and used the money for something else.

That is why oyinbo people and some naija people now do gift lists or ask for money instead. I dont realy like it, but its a lot more practical.

Busted! Lol. cheesy

Seriously, i dont like this random gift thingy jare. It's either you ask the couple what they need or give cash. One can never go wrong with cash. grin

So, what do you think we should do? Any subtle approach you can proffer?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by missjennybaby(f): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
Phema, with regards to your "cash only" query, I would suggest putting a caption on the IV saying something along the lines of "We apologise that due to limited space, enveloped gifts are preferred. Thank you for your kind contribution."

I saw this on a friends invitation and Im going to use it on mine too, hehe

10 Likes

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
missjennybaby: Phema, with regards to your "cash only" query, I would suggest putting a caption on the IV saying something along the lines of "We apologise that due to limited space, enveloped gifts are preferred. Thank you for your kind contribution."

I saw this on a friends invitation and Im going to use it on mine too, hehe

Oh Dear! You are such a Darling! Thank You! kiss

Very subtle but still gets the message across. cool

2 Likes

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Phema:

Very subtle and but still gets the message across. cool

I need to steal that sentence and write it down! cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
alutacontinua:

I need to steal that sentence and write it down! cool cheesy

I Swear! grin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by missjennybaby(f): 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
Phema:

Very subtle but still gets the message across. cool

You're welcome grin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 05, 2013
smiley
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
@phema, maybe you can pick one or two things from this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1268930/questions-wedding-planning-answered/5#1268930.172

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Twin Brother's Pre-wedding Photos / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.