Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (45693 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Don1Dee(m): 9:07am On Dec 11, 2013
Please you guys should try to include price as much as possible. It'll help us all. Great job and congrat to u all, esp. d initiator, Phema.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 11, 2013
Don1Dee: Please you guys should try to include price as much as possible. It'll help us all. Great job and congrat to u all, esp. d initiator, Phema.

Thanks Don1Dee. I haven't concluded with most of my stuff but here is a list of the few I've done:

* Reception Hall = 40,000
* Cake (Four steps and 200 cut pieces) = 45,000
* Hall decor = 80,000
* Photography (and all other stuff involved) = 100,000

Not done, but budgeted:

* Wedding dress, inner lace, under skirt, veil = 55,000
* Groom's suit, shirt, tie and pocket square = 40,000
* 2 shoes for bride, 2 for groom ( for trad and white) = 40,000
* Wedding rings = 80,000
* Food for 250 guests = 250,000
* Traditional marriage and Thanksgiving wears for couple (both buying and making) = 50,000
* Trad wears for parents = 40,000
* Entertainment drinks for White ( 12 crates of Malt and few bottles of wine) = 50,000
* Traditional marriage list = 100,000
* Traditional marriage entertainment drinks ( 5 crates of Malt) = 10,500
* Canopy, chairs and decor for trad = 70,000
* Food for trad = 100,000
* 25 packs of bottled water for white at #500 each = 12,500
* DJ and MC for white = 50,000
* Chin chin, sweets and chewing gum for white = 10,000
* Wedding IVs, wedding Program and souvenirs = 90,000
* Bridal train material and sewing = 25,000
* Registery = 30,000
* Bridal facials = 20,000
* Cooling of drinks = 10,000
* Logistics, unforseen contingencies = 100,000

* I might be missing some things. Will edit as I remember. We are trying to stick to our 1.5M budget for everything and something tells me we might even end up spending less cos we're going for the most affordable but good deals grin. Will give a better price break down after the wedding.

This is just the estimate, alterations can and will be made as we go on. You can ask questions concerning any of the items above. I will be willing to help. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by nkkystel(f): 10:36am On Dec 11, 2013
Phema:

500 guests? That is some huge Wedding! HML in advance hun.

It's 4months away and almost everything is set? Gosh, you girls are making my heart skip a beat. shocked
Tnx dear! Actually the number of guest is 350, the extra 150 definitely is for the friends invite friends.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2013
cynbanora: Pls can you send also to cynbanora@yahoo.com, I will send it to phema. Thanks

Has she sent the mail?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by sigba(f): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2013
Phema:

I'm not oooo. I just love to look good, anything wrong with that? grin
My sister nothing oo!! Carry on.
Nice thread here, i cant believe i read from page zero to this page, lol. I'm learning alot from here, esp the prices of some services, i never knew that the price of photograph/video coverage could be as high as 100k hmmm.
My question is, after using d wedding gown.what'll happen to it? Why not hire instead.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2013
sigba:
My sister nothing oo!! Carry on.
Nice thread here, i cant believe i read from page zero to this page, lol. I'm learning alot from here, esp the prices of some services, i never knew that the price of photograph/video coverage could be as high as 100k hmmm.
My question is, after using d wedding gown.what'll happen to it? Why not hire instead.

Honestly, i would have loved to hire, but fiance has vehemently refused. I'm sure gonna put it up for sale immediately after the wedding. I gats get my money's worth ooo. wink

The photography entails: Videography for both White and Trad, Pre wedding photo shoot, Photobook for both white and trad, One enlarged wedding pics, Soft and hard copies of pictures.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 11, 2013
Love angel, got your mail and replied. Thanks.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by orimipe(f): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
@all the intending brides, make sure u have a trustworthy and efficient bride's maid.
wishing You all blissful homes
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rezzy: 12:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
Phema:

* Reception Hall = 40,000
* Cake (Four steps and 200 cut pieces) = 45,000
* Hall decor = 80,000
* Photography (and all other stuff involved) = 100,000

Not done, but budgeted:

* Wedding dress, inner lace, under skirt, veil = 55,000
* Groom's suit, shirt, tie and pocket square = 40,000
* 2 shoes for bride, 2 for groom ( for trad and white) = 40,000
* Wedding rings = 80,000
* Food for 250 guests = 250,000
* Traditional marriage and Thanksgiving wears for couple (both buying and making) = 50,000
* Trad wears for parents = 40,000
* Entertainment drinks for White ( 12 crates of Malt and few bottles of wine) = 50,000
* Traditional marriage list = 100,000
* Traditional marriage entertainment drinks ( 5 crates of Malt) = 10,500
* Canopy, chairs and decor for trad = 70,000
* Food for trad = 100,000
* 25 packs of bottled water for white at #500 each = 12,500
* DJ and MC for white = 50,000
* Chin chin, sweets and chewing gum for white = 10,000
* Wedding IVs, wedding Program and souvenirs = 90,000
* Bridal train material and sewing = 25,000
* Registery = 30,000
* Bridal facials = 20,000
* Cooling of drinks = 10,000
* Logistics, unforseen contingencies = 100,000

This must be a big party. But will 12 crates of malt be enough.? We used 20 crates. And besides, bottle water is #350
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
rezzy:

This must be a big party. But will 12 crates of malt be enough.? We used 20 crates. And besides, bottle water is #350

12 crates of Malt translates to 288 bottles of drink and we are expecting 250 guests at most.

Water is #350? Cool! grin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by cynbanora(f): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
Phema dear please send the DJ number to me, I didn't receive any email. How are you today?
Phema: Love angel, got your mail and replied. Thanks.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
cynbanora: Phema dear please send the DJ number to me, I didn't receive any email. How are you today?

I'm super dear. Hope you're doing ok too?

Love angel said her phone crashed, that she's trying to get the contact from her friends. She said we could also check Tourist Garden Hotels in Asaba. That the DJ there is also good.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by cynbanora(f): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
I'm fine too, thank God. Yea I got a number from vconnect and called, the guy says its 250k for 300 sitting capacity for the hall, so I'm trying to get through to labour house, I pray it works #fingerscrossed#
Phema:

I'm super dear. How you're doing ok too?

Love angel said her phone crashed, that she's trying to get the contact from her friends. She said we could also check Tourist Garden Hotels in Asaba. That the DJ there is also good.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
cynbanora: I'm fine too, thank God. Yea I got a number from vconnect and called, the guy says its 250k for 300 sitting capacity for the hall, so I'm trying to get through to labour house, I pray it works #fingerscrossed#

I meant the DJ at the hotel. Can you please help check him out and get a quote from him?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by carmelion(f): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
N1.5 mil?

Hmm....this is serious
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
carmelion: N1.5 mil?

Hmm....this is serious

Too cheap?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by carmelion(f): 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
Phema:

Too cheap?

Naa...just too serious cool

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
carmelion:

Naa...just too serious cool

grin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by temibobo(f): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
For those who would prefer their guests to give them money instead of kitchenutensils and other gifts they cant use, u can also state on the invitation : gift idea [img][/img] (image of an envelop). Like this you get your message accross to people without talking to much about it. This is much done overhere and never saw ppl feeling insulted over it,but find this rather convenient. It saves them the hassle to go and look for some great original useless gift.lol

Not planning my own wedding yet,but am asked to help plan somebody elses,though not based in naija, im just doing some research here. Does anybody know what the price of george wrapper is? And with what you should wear them? The bride wants this for herself and bridesmaids. Any help on this matter is appreciated ;-)

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 12, 2013
temibobo: For those who would prefer their guests to give them money instead of kitchenutensils and other gifts they cant use, u can also state on the invitation : gift idea [img][/img] (image of an envelop). Like this you get your message accross to people without talking to much about it. This is much done overhere and never saw ppl feeling insulted over it,but find this rather convenient. It saves them the hassle to go and look for some great original useless gift.lol

Not planning my own wedding yet,but am asked to help plan somebody elses,though not based in naija, im just doing some research here. Does anybody know what the price of george wrapper is? And with what you should wear them? The bride wants this for herself and bridesmaids. Any help on this matter is appreciated ;-)

Thanks for the tips on the envelope thingy.

As for the George wrapper; it comes in 5yards per bundle. The prices vary according to the quality. The least was about #6,000 per bundle the last time I went shopping. There was another one for #10,000 per bundle and yet another for #25,000. Most brides go for the #10,000 bundle cos it comes in different colors and it's more available.

It is usually worn with a lacey or sequin top. smiley

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by temibobo(f): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2013
Thats great Phema, the pic you added is exactly the type of thing she wants. Now i know in what price range one can expect to look into. Becuz that would mean to buy georges from a wholesaler in india/dubai or china would be even cheaper than letting them bring from Nigeria. Wholesalers do sell retail at times,when you search and negotiate long enough.

Now its left for me to convince the bride that 50k for a wrapper is not really necessary. (and force such expenditure on her bridesmaids,since tayloring costs r like 10k here + the price for the lace/sequin fabric that would come on top of it aswell.lol) wink
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
50k for wrapper? shocked Babes are vexing. grin
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nnekacherry: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lol.. 50k just for wrapper..
@Phema.. You have a good heart girl..
I love the way you answer people's questions and also help them out with their budgets..
That's very kind of you..
I never knew that planning a wedding can be this stressful..
My wedding is on 2nd Jan 2014..
Lol.. Yea i know it's already close..
But I'm having the wedding jitters..
I'm scared mehn, sometimes i feel like it's just a dream..
That I'm not about to lose my freedom and privacy.. Lol
And the date is close already..
May God help us all..
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bellong: 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nnekacherry: Lol.. 50k just for wrapper..
I love the way you answer people's questions and also help them out with their budgets..
That I'm not about to lose my freedom and privacy.
. Lol
May God help us all..

The bolded part is a false understanding of what a blissful union is. Marriage does not take away your freedom and privacy if joined with the right partner, it strengthens and builds it.

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by daclint(m): 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
May God help us all..

contact me for your photo and video coverages, chronikphotography@gmail.com or 07036158248
you can check out some of my works here www.facebook.com/chronikphotography
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nnekacherry: 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
bellong:

The bolded part is a false understanding of what a blissful union is. Marriage does not take away your freedom and privacy if joined with the right partner, it strengthens and builds it.

Oh I'm quite relieved..
Because I wouldn't like to give up somethings i like doing just because i now have a "Mrs" attached to my name..
Thanks B..

1 Like

Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
May God help us all..

Babe, you no fear reach me oooo. I had postponed this wedding before cos of that. I even opened a thread discussing my fears. I got realistic and good advice there. You can check it out.

In fact, gimme your email make we relate. Mine is phemahema@yahoo.com wink
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nnekacherry, where is your wedding taking place? Any recommendations? DJ, MC, caterers, etc.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nnekacherry: 12:35am On Dec 13, 2013
Phema:

Babe, you no fear reach me oooo. I had postponed this wedding before cos of that. I even opened a thread discussing my fears. I got realistic and good advice there. You can check it out.

In fact, gimme your email make we relate. Mine is phemahema@yahoo.com wink

Nne you wont understand..
Me that kept saying that I'm not ready for marriage is now planning a wedding..
We will be coming home to do the trad and the white wedding..
Almost everything is already in place but we are still contemplating whether to use a live band and a dj or to use only the live band..
The live band alone is 80,000..
I dont know whether there is any good dj around there..
And I'm also told to get an MC that know's our culture, but my fiance has already gotten someone else, so i dont which one to chose..
Lol.. Quite tricky huh??
About the food.. We just payed the caterer to buy the foodstuffs and cook..
No stress..
I will send you a mail dear because i can realy do with a friend now..
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Lordwize(m): 6:00am On Dec 13, 2013
Phema:

Honestly, i would have loved to hire, but fiance has vehemently refused. I'm sure gonna put it up for sale immediately after the wedding. I gats get my money's worth ooo. wink

The photography entails: Videography for both White and Trad, Pre wedding photo shoot, Photobook for both white and trad, One enlarged wedding pics, Soft and hard copies of pictures.
Put on rent after wedding, you will gain more. Dry clean it with a good laundry service. Your wedding will be a good success. Get friends to assist, wedding sweet o, if well planned. Try to check every detail yourself. Goodluck.
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 13, 2013
Nnekacherry:

Nne you wont understand..
Me that kept saying that I'm not ready for marriage is now planning a wedding..
We will be coming home to do the trad and the white wedding..
Almost everything is already in place but we are still contemplating whether to use a live band and a dj or to use only the live band..
The live band alone is 80,000..
I dont know whether there is any good dj around there..
And I'm also told to get an MC that know's our culture, but my fiance has already gotten someone else, so i dont which one to chose..
Lol.. Quite tricky huh??
About the food.. We just payed the caterer to buy the foodstuffs and cook..
No stress..
I will send you a mail dear because i can realy do with a friend now..

I really don't like live band for weddings. Not with all the remixes of songs. Let the original songs blast from the DJ and end up saving some money in the process. wink

How many guests are you expecting and how much did you pay the caterer for every?
Is your dress ready? Did you buy online?
Re: Would Be Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Sunnyyemmy(m): 1:19am On Dec 14, 2013
whitecat007: Do wedding planners take 20percent of the total budget in Nigeria too?

Season promo at GREAT EVENT NIG. LTD.

Do you have any kind of Event that you want to hold between this December 2013 and next year February 2014 and you don't want to spend much money on it and you now need a good Event Planner that can help you handle the Event and help you manage your BUDGET for the Event and make you happy at last? Just contact GREAT EVENT NIG. LTD. today on +2348024331257 or +2348065522094 or send us an E-mail @ greateventniglimited@gmail.com or add us on Whatsapp with +2348065522094. And you can check us out on our facebook page at Great Event NIG. LTD.

Our Planning fee is FREE OF CHARGE (FOC) between 2/12/2013 to 31/01/2014.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Is My Elder Brother Possessed Or An Occultic Man? / My Breakfast This Morning (picture) / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.