Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! (24692 Views)

Nigerian American To Host Fundraiser For Hillary Clinton / Hillarious: When Federal Government Finally Approves Loan For Oshiomole / Sosoliso Plane Crash Aftermath: Fundraiser Dinner For Survivor, Kechi Okwuchi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
hishandmaid: I'm in. Pls those in Edo state be able to track this woman. The video went spiral on the internet so it should be easy to locate her before our kind gesture here on NL will be too late. And thank u so @ op for raising this thread.
My country Nigeria is blessed not matter what.

anoda gullible victim ..

come and pay mugu money dem dey wait
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
donphilopus: It's a good idea sha! But how have they helped the girl that said she gained admission into Uniben but no money to go further??
WE CAN DO THE 2 SIDE X SIDE
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
Babzilla:
WE CAN DO THE 2 SIDE X SIDE

go and locate the true identity of the girl
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Turbocharged: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
Black Human: Lolz...I just aked a simple question but from ur response, i think i can already deduce the answer....tanx for participating in this "feasibility study" tho. cool

Guy, Im very sorry I sounded d way I did. But dat ur question or feasibility is uncalled for. Nobody in d forum was asking of her ethnicity or religion b4 doing anytn, so u should hv brought in dat divider.

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
ronalmagic10: How can I find the woman? I live in ugbowo and I know that place is mission road but since she was selling on the street, I think it would be hard to locate her.

Pls I want you guys to listen to the video very well and tell me what oshiomole said on 1:33. The woman said her late husband was a policeman and I think I heard oshiomole saying something nasty but I couldn't figure it out.

The only logical way is to go to the state PDP office and get her contact since PDP has already reached out their hands to her, I believe they must have got her details already.

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by deletrue: 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
soul_glo: So the struggling widows in Benin city that follow the rules and not break the laws can now live with the motto that breaking the law pays. Why will people ever do right. Her neighbors that have problems of their own will definitely take home the message that it does not pay to do what is right. What is the point of suffering doing good when I can be rewarded for doing bad things. This is definitely a teachable moment. Both for the common man and the leaders. The only message you people are hell bent on sending is that breaking the law pays.
You stu.pit boy. What is wrong your head? A governor telling another fellow human to go and die, you are here telling us law breaking pays. Oya, whereaver you are now go and park your car centre of the road and get a reward for it. If you do not have car, just gather together some pieces of fire wood across any motorable road and stay there for a reward. Stu.pit you.

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by enioluwaselore: 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
Real philantropists DETEST publicity, God is a judge of intentions, man is a judge of actions, re-check your intentions. Food for thought

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by doopsy(f): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nice initiative....this widow might end up been a millionaire by the end of the day,the way God works...but I don't know why I keep having this funny feeling...hope this poor woman won't be kidnapped or threatened to leave the state...all attention on her and she might be frightened...oh lord ,hope she isn't cornered by evil peeps and adviced to go into hiding ,hence she may be silenced lipsrsealed....my bad,I've been watching too many films..
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by LivingSoul34: 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
I feel we are taking the sentiment about this woman too far! Off-course, Oshiomhole's out-burst and temperament gave him away yet does exonerate the woman (widow)... Widowhood is not a licence for breaking the law...That the governor goofed does not rule out the fact that the broke a law... I'm sure that Oshiomhole did not set out that day to go about abusing widows but to make sure that his people abide by the law, so even as we blame Oshiomhole for his choice of words we should not forget to blame the woman for breaking the law too... From the way we are going i fear that we may start recommending presidential awards for apprehended arm-robbers if only they are orphans... If we are passionate about alleviating the sufferings of widows and other down-trodden in the land let's come up with a well thought-out program for that and shun this sentimental and political campaign of calumny under guise of helping Oshiomhole's victim of " You are widow, go and die" or whatever we call it.

8 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by JohnFrankling(m): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
I'm proud to be a nairalander just for this singular reason
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by enigmang: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
Living Soul34: I feel we are taking the sentiment about this woman too far! Off-course, Oshiomhole's out-burst and temperament gave him away yet does exonerate the woman (widow)... Widowhood is not a licence for breaking the law...That the governor goofed does not rule out the fact that the broke a law... I'm sure that Oshiomhole did not set out that day to go about abusing widows but to make sure that his people abide by the law, so even as we blame Oshiomhole for his choice of words we should not forget to blame the woman for breaking the law too... From the way we are going i fear that we may start recommending presidential awards for apprehended arm-robbers if only they are orphans... If we are passionate about alleviating the sufferings of widows and other down-trodden in the land let's come up with a well thought-out program for that and shun this sentimental and political campaign of calumny under guise of helping Oshiomhole's victim of " You are widow, go and die" or whatever we call it.

Wich law did she break …Pray tell??

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by natruetalk: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
bcomputer101: NOTE THIS: Most people are commenting here just to show off...
I bet you people that 99% will not fulfill there pledge toward this woman.
The same people pledging here are the same people that doesn't honour Malachi 3:10. How much more a widow you don't know...
Thanks!

i believe pple will do. in western world if someone say that to someone this can lead to commit suicide straight away talkless of a governor of a state, he must be shame.

count me in on this
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Alikaxon(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
Lets see
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by nedu2000(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
deletrue: You stu.pit boy. What is wrong your head? A governor telling another fellow human to go and die, you are here telling us law breaking pays. Oya, whereaver you are now go and park your car centre of the road and get a reward for it. If you do not have car, just gather together some pieces of fire wood across any motorable road and stay there for a reward. Stu.pit you.
irony of life!!....you condemn the governor for his insults but your obviously И̣̣̣̥o different,when you shower abuses online,do you who its being directed to?maybe another widow

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by natruetalk: 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
Living Soul34: I feel we are taking the sentiment about this woman too far! Off-course, Oshiomhole's out-burst and temperament gave him away yet does exonerate the woman (widow)... Widowhood is not a licence for breaking the law...That the governor goofed does not rule out the fact that the broke a law... I'm sure that Oshiomhole did not set out that day to go about abusing widows but to make sure that his people abide by the law, so even as we blame Oshiomhole for his choice of words we should not forget to blame the woman for breaking the law too... From the way we are going i fear that we may start recommending presidential awards for apprehended arm-robbers if only they are orphans... If we are passionate about alleviating the sufferings of widows and other down-trodden in the land let's come up with a well thought-out program for that and shun this sentimental and political campaign of calumny under guise of helping Oshiomhole's victim of " You are widow, go and die" or whatever we call it.

no matter what the woman might have done, such statement by a Governor is a wicked notting more
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by bvibesblogger: 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
Dt Dude or wateva u are calling some1 stupid, I have some Qs 4 u, do u stay in Benin City? Do You Watch Local News? Do You Think? Now Oshiomole has been warning all dis mkt women not to sell their items on the road as it disrupt the free flow of traffic, he even went there by himself to warn them few weeks back now he went back just weeks later and saw them still doing the same thing he warned against, pls if u were in his shoes what wud u hv done? So because d woman is a widow, u will give her a pat on the back for breaking laws. I'm not saying what Oshiomole did is right, I'm just saying we are blowing this thing 2 much. He reacted the same any one of us will react wen we r angry, we say things we don't mean when we are angry and being a governor does not kill your Humanity. So u calling someone stupid, pls think properly and do your research before typing nxt time...
P.S All Market Women in Benin City claim they are Widows.

4 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
50K for the Woman, additional 10K for each of her children and 20K for the first person to give us her genuine account details.
Oya, Benin youths, b4 ASUU head correct (Dec 4th), plz make cool N20,000.00

Then afterwards, we'll take it over in PH.
#ThatWidowMustNotDie#
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by phyla(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
One would expect a man who once lost his own wife to be very passionate about widows.SMH for some men who are power drunk
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Dee235: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2013
Before we start donating here are some questions we have to answer.

1.) What is the situation and problem on ground?
2.) Is there any law prohibiting the woman or the governor?
3.) Did any of them break such instituted law?
4.) Did the governor use such abusive words on the woman?
5.) Is the woman really a widow?
6.) what is our real intent for donating?

I want to apologize on behalf of the governor, he must have been caught off guard. We can still donate to the woman. Peace.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Anvaller: 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
To those of u complaining that PDP is politicizing Oshiomhole's action, my question to u. What did u expect from an opposition party? Did ACN not do more than that when they were the opposition? Did Oshiomhole not know that whatever he was doing, the opposition was watching to capitalize on it? Should he then blame the opposition or blame himself for conceding a cheap point to the opposition? Think guys.

In America, when Romney wrote off 47% american voters, saying they did not need help, what happened? Democrats capitalized on it immediately, that is politics. Romney wouldn't blame the democrats for capitalizing on his own error, he shouldn't have made the error in the 1st place.

To those saying Oshomhole has apologized, he has never apologized. He only stated that he regretted his action. He never said he apologized to that woman in fact he was justifying his action. To regret an action is different from to apologize for an action. Go and re watch that video. Each time he was saying "I regret my action but" every single time. He never said anything near "I apologize to the woman"

The summary of his statement in that video was simply "I do not like that I said what I said(regret) to that woman but I was right for saying it. I don't understand how that became an apology to some ppl.

When Gordons Brown Disparaged a woman in the UK not knowing that the mic was still attached to his coat, he didn't start saying "he regretted regretted but" he went to the woman's house with his whole entourage and chilled out with the woman in the presence of the media apologizing the whole time. But here in Nigeria a governor made a deliberate a statement in public, not even a gaffe made in secret like the case of Romney and Brown and ppl took a mere statement of regret for an apology. Too bad.

4 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by bvibesblogger: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
nedu2000: irony of life!!....you condemn the governor for his insults but your obviously И̣̣̣̥o different,when you shower abuses online,do you who its being directed to?maybe another widow

Don't mind the fellow..... All this ish is just political... Being a Governor does not kill ur humanity, d governor made a mistake and he apologised. But what the did was wrong wheither u a widow or not. You can't leave d main mkt and start selling on the road after series of warnings from the governor himself. Well its a good thing you guys are raising money for her, be prepared to raise more by the time all d mkt women start to sell on the road and claim they are widows. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by aubomeyangp(m): 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2013

You echo my thoughts. Nigerians and our funny way of thinking.... There's no doubt that what the Gov did was wrong, we only saw that part of the clip. I know in Benin traders are continuously warned to stop selling their wares on the street. The Gov was angry and over-reacted, that's a fact. It's also a fact that the woman broke the law. Or are you guys saying if I'm an orphan I should go about breaking the law, then when I'm caught I should start crying saying I'm an orphan??

If you really wanna help widows, you can think of better ways. Cos what you guys are saying is that, it's ok to break the law if you're a widow, orphan, handicapped, divorced etc..... Besides what happens to the other widows who are observing the law?

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Joel3(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
aubomeyangp:

You echo my thoughts. Nigerians and our funny way of thinking.... There's no doubt that what the Gov did was wrong, we only saw that part of the clip. I know in Benin traders are continuously warned to stop selling their wares on the street. The Gov was angry and over-reacted, that's a fact. It's also a fact that the woman broke the law. Or are you guys saying if I'm an orphan I should go about breaking the law, then when I'm caught I should start crying saying I'm an orphan??

If you really wanna help widows, you can think of better ways. Cos what you guys are saying is that, it's ok to break the law if you're a widow, orphan, handicapped, divorced etc..... Besides what happens to the other widows who are observing the law?
shut the f uc. k up. that woman was not selling on the road side. no body we sell on that mission road. she was only waiting for a commercial bus to enter.

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Sike(m): 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
I'm also IN.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nigerians- hypocrites ever liveth

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by OMAJE4: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
bvibesblogger: Dt Dude or wateva u are calling some1 stupid, I have some Qs 4 u, do u stay in Benin City? Do You Watch Local News? Do You Think? Now Oshiomole has been warning all dis mkt women not to sell their items on the road as it disrupt the free flow of traffic, he even went there by himself to warn them few weeks back now he went back just weeks later and saw them still doing the same thing he warned against, pls if u were in his shoes what wud u hv done? So because d woman is a widow, u will give her a pat on the back for breaking laws. I'm not saying what Oshiomole did is right, I'm just saying we are blowing this thing 2 much. He reacted the same any one of us will react wen we r angry, we say things we don't mean when we are angry and being a governor does not kill your Humanity. So u calling someone stupid, pls think properly and do your research before typing nxt time...
P.S All Market Women in Benin City claim they are Widows.
To those of you trying to justify this callous act by further accusing an innocent widow of an offense she didnt commit I have a few questions for you.
1) What law did the Widow break?
2) Was that widow street-trading a few cartons of provisions in one of the biggest markets in Benin where provisions are sold?
3) Did you watch the video? Did you hear her try to explain she wasnt trading but waiting for a bus or cab to pick her up?
4) The woman obviously had just bought those few cartons of goods for resale at home (the market at mission road is the MAJOR market traders buy goods for resale) so where would you have had her keep her goods, on the walkway where Oshiomhole stood in the video or was she supposed to carry them all on her head?

3 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2013
is it right for a widow to sell by the road side and blame it on economic hardship or her situation ?

where were u all when the woman was selling by the road side before the oshiomole saga ?

what is she is knocked down my motorists or heavy vehicles using the road?

is it safe to sell by the road side?

Now you want to donate money because oshiomole said go and die. abi?

Go get her a shop and fill it with provisions to sell then show us pictures we will refund you

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by nickxtra(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
[quote author=sunch]That area is new benin market. Can someone in benin locate this woman. And mod let this be at the front page, pls[/quo te] The Governor said it took place in Kings Square Round about, not New Benin sir.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Eobiabo(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
#thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by DonaldGenes(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
That moment when Nairaland don turn to PDP hypocritic affair, you guys should stop doing things to impress people, btw, I am not the least impressed with what am seeing
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
OMAJE4: To those of you trying to justify this callous act by further accusing an innocent widow of an offense she didnt commit I have a few questions for you.
1) What law did the Widow break?
2) Was that widow street-trading a few cartons of provisions in one of the biggest markets in Benin where provisions are sold?
3) Did you watch the video? Did you hear her try to explain she wasnt trading but waiting for a bus or cab to pick her up?
4) The woman obviously had just bought those few cartons of goods for resale at home (the market at mission road is the MAJOR market traders buy goods for resale) so where would you have had her keep her goods, on the walkway where Oshiomhole stood in the video or was she supposed to carry them all on her head?

Please those against the woman should answer these questions
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Eobiabo: #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie #thewidowmustnotdie

you must be high on your body odour

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan's Campaign Coordinator Dumps PDP, Joins Buhari / Inside PDP’s Early Plans To Topple APC In 2023 / BREAKING: Saharareporters Floors Saraki @ Appeal Court, N4bn Judgement Overturnd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.