Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles (2478 Views)

Ex-Heads Of State Got Armoured Cars From Dasuki - Daily Trust / See Photos Of The 259 Customized Patrol Vehicles Launched By Police IG In Abuja / Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by dridowu: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lagos State governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has said that the two armoured cars bought at the cost of N255 million for the Minister of Aviation, Mrs. Stella Oduah, will purchase 51 patrol vehicles for the Nigerian Police.
The governor said this at the 7th annual Town Hall Meeting on Security, themed: ‘Sustaining Local Responding To Rising National Security Challenges,’ held at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos.
“It is sad to know that the Federal Government that allocate three patrol vehicles for one state police command of 370, 000 police men, is unable to resolve how N255 million was used to purchase 2 saloon vehicles for one officer. It is a very grave irony.
“The cost of average vehicle needed to patrol the state is just N5 million. And with such fund, we will have put at least 51 patrol vehicles on the road, patrolling the streets of Lagos.”
“In spite of all this, they resist the idea of a state police. The money from the fund was in the last one year used to provide vehicles for the Nigerian Prison Service, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, National Security and Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC and indeed the airport wing of the Nigerian police, is funded from this money. And it is the same aviation ministry that manage the airport that we had this very odious car scandal of N255 million.”
The governor noted that the upshot of central Government’s failure to confront security has continued for the past seven years.
“The residents of Lagos have borne the burden of that neglect, and there is no indication that anything will change soon, in spite of endless reform deliberation and proposals.”
On the crime rate in the state, Fashola said “Our crime data base now has record content of 92, 488 which helps us to keep track of all those who have been arrested, prosecuted, jailed or have any contact with the criminal justice system.”
He added that the state is preparing for a future of crime prevention, saying “it will be technologically driven, scientifically grounded and result assured.”
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/11/28/fashola-oduahs-armoured-cars-ll-buy-51-patrol-vehicles/

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
STEALER oduah must go, NOW!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Very odious and putrefying scandal indeed.....

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by collynzo2(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
I thought Fashola once bought such cars himself? Is this a case of pot and kettle?

8 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by slimfit1(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
Don't know if he has the moral rights to make a comment about this issue.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by borntobegr8t(m): 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Olugbenger(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Fashola is a wise man

grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
slim fit :
Don't know if he has the moral rights to make a comment about this issue.

Why not?

He manages the state that houses the busiest airports....the largest chunk of VAT and CIT that provides the funds that Oduah mismanaged.

They make so much money from Lagos...while giving her back a little ...they lavish the larger chunk on insane opulence.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by collynzo2(m): 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Why not?

He manages the state that houses the busiest airports....the largest chunk of VAT and CIT that provides the funds that Oduah mismanaged.

They make so much money from Lagos...while giving her back a little ...they lavish the larger chunk on insane opulence.
Stop deceiving yourself. ''They make so much money from Lagos''? What happened to oil exports? I think it is the other way round.
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by geeez: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
collynzo2: I thought Fashola once bought such cars himself? Is this a case of pot and kettle?

You need to back this statement of yours with the same undeniable evidence that was stacked against Stella

Fashola's convoy isn't even as long as the minister's, neither does he use sirens

He's the most responsible public officer I've seen on the road

His administrative skills and intelligence are also unrivaled

12 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by mike404(m): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
DID HE SAY ANYFIN ABOUT IKUFORIJI'S LOOT

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
I dont know about Fashola loot but I can confirm that Tinubu's loot can buy 1 billion patrol vehicles.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
collynzo2: Stop deceiving yourself. ''They make so much money from Lagos''? What happened to oil exports? I think it is the other way round.

Stop talking ignorantly....you've never heard of NON-OIL revenue?

Customs generates almost 80% of its revenue from Apapa & Tin can ports...while making substantial revenue also from the MMIA as well.

Cure yourself of ignorance disease.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
mike404: DID HE SAY ANYFIN ABOUT IKUFORIJI'S LOOT

Would you have known anything about Ikuforiji case if not by the invitation of EFCC....? He is in court...nobody will shield him because of primordial sentiment like you people are fond of.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I dont know about Fashola loot but I can confirm that Tinubu's loot can buy 1 billion patrol vehicles.

You should be patriotic enough to furnish EFCC with the details since you are confirming you know...let SR envy you.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by DerideGull(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
I had thought Fashola is a product of higher educational institute in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by adconline(m): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Same governor that has bulletproof suvs.
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
geeez:

You need to back this statement of yours with the same undeniable evidence that was stacked against Stella

Fashola's convoy isn't even as long as the minister's, neither does he use sirens

He's the most responsible public officer I've seen on the road

His administrative skills and intelligence are also unrivaled

Non of them have seen his convoy....they live far away from Lagos.

His cars are not even with tinted Glass....

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by FreeGlobe(f): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
I can confirm that Fashola and Tinubu's N600 million worth 2 SUV's can buy 400 patrol vans for entire SW police command

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
adconline: Same governor that has bulletproof suvs.

He is an elected official....very different from an appointed Madam.
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
FreeGlobe: I can confirm that Fashola and Tinubu's N600 million worth 2 SUV's can buy 400 patrol vans for entire SW police command

Finally.....you are freed again.

Guard against silly attitudes that always put you at loggerheads with the Mods here.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by FreeGlobe(f): 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
DerideGull: I had thought Fashola is a product of higher educational institute in Nigeria.
That and his SAN is questionable considering how he loses and withdraws court cases.
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by collynzo2(m): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop talking ignorantly....you've never heard of NON-OIL revenue?

Customs generates almost 80% of its revenue from Apapa & Tin can ports...while making substantial revenue also from the MMIA as well.

Cure yourself of ignorance disease.
So motherfûcking what? How much is our non-oil revenue? Did Fashola build MMIA? Did he build Tin can and Apapa ports? What utter crap!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
It is sad to know that the Federal Government that allocate three patrol vehicles for one state police command of 370, 000 police men, is unable to resolve how N255 million was used to purchase 2 saloon vehicles for one officer. It is a very grave irony.“The cost of average vehicle needed to patrol the state is just N5 million. And with such fund, we will have put at least 51 patrol vehicles on the road, patrolling the streets of Lagos. In spite of all this, they resist the idea of a state police. The money from the fund was in the last one year used to provide vehicles for the Nigerian Prison Service, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, National Security and Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC and indeed the airport wing of the Nigerian police, is funded from this money. And it is the same aviation ministry that manage the airport that we had this very odious car scandal of N255 million

Sad! They can't do it but still won't allow competent hands to do it.

GEJ is corruption personified.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by FreeGlobe(f): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Finally.....you are freed again.

Guard against silly attitudes that always put you at loggerheads with the Mods here.
stfu, I took a deserved break from this online slum called nairaland
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
FreeGlobe:
That and his SAN is questionable considering how he loses and withdraws court cases.

Table your complain and observation to the body of benchers ...they may look at the merit of your observation.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
FreeGlobe:
stfu, I took a deserved break from this online slum called nairaland

While still roaming around aimlessly in the forum with other monikers...

You are a lunkhead!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by geeez: 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
FreeGlobe: I can confirm that Fashola and Tinubu's N600 million worth 2 SUV's can buy 400 patrol vans for entire SW police command

Proof please

Is it that your intelligence is this low or you're just pretending?

Is Free Globe a phrase for Empty Brain?

Just asking

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
collynzo2: So motherfûcking what? How much is our non-oil revenue? Did Fashola build MMIA? Did he build Tin can and Apapa ports? What utter crap!

Cure your disease....

The same logic of pollution in Niger Delta that you lot shout about ...is the same here in Lagos. Pollution of the environment from the activities of those organization..you need to cure the disease eating away the little that is left of your brain.
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by FreeGlobe(f): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
geeez:

Proof please

Is it that your intelligence is this low or you're just pretending?

Is Free Globe a phrase for Empty Brain?

Just asking
coming from someone who lacks intelligence. Apparently you don't know there is FOI which opon imo thugs like you can use to access info on how Fashola ordered 2 N600 million suvs to celebrate Tinubu's birthday
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by FreeGlobe(f): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Cure your disease....

The same logic of pollution in Niger Delta that you lot shout about ...is the same here in Lagos. Pollution of the environment from the activities of those organization..you need to cure the disease eating away the little that is left of your brain.
is the pollution in Lagos from oil? is Lagos now an oil producing state? I guess I missed the memo?
Re: Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
FreeGlobe:
coming from someone who lacks intelligence. Apparently you don't know there is FOI which opon imo thugs like you can use to access info on how Fashola ordered 2 N600 million suvs to celebrate Tinubu's birthday

The few weeks of isolation from NL has done further damage to your brain....so you used the FOI bill to seek information from which arm of the LASG?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week / Is Ejigbo Still Part Of Lagos State? Fashola Please Do Something! / IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.