Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) (12417 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] / Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by kingbang: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
FreeGlobe:
why are you obsessed with Ngige you this perpetual dullard. Why not tell us 10 senators that have done better than him. Dischanted idol worshippers like you should get a life.

Well, APGA has come to stay in Anambra! Looks like you have another 8 years of misery and whining waiting for you. Sorry oo. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by jbaur24: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
But why was Ngige crying like a child..? He should take the lose as a man.

1 Like

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Feraz(m): 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
JulianBond007: He is trying to cover up for his incompetence in the last 7 years. He's already a failure no matter how hard he tries to impress we the Anambra people. Ngige is the best governor we never had. cool
Kindly point out his achievements since he is the 'best governor' we never had.

Peter Obi, I don't understand this guy at all...
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Dstar1(f): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Medicine after death. Jst passing:-).
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Youngzedd(m): 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
agadez007: if obi had used all these money he's been spending on otimkpus and bribing revd fathers to speak good of him on our roads and school,anambra would have been paradise
seriously these obi-dogs are everywhere even on facebook when you ask them what their principal have done for anambra they resort to insults and calling you ''sabo'' or ''yoruba slave'' and i have noticed the same traits in these one on nairaland too
smdh

On point.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by ElMejor(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Youngzedd(m): 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
I smell something here.

Obi's boys are all over the place, don't be surprise that none of them live in Anambra.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by misterjosh(m): 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Governor buys security vehicles for markets, so wat? Things lik this aint might to b publicised lik it's one major capital project. Wen will Nigeria's democracy pass d stage of celebrating things dat culd av been done witout so much fuss. Dats how some yeye senators too will b taking advantage of not so learned youths nd elderly buying motorcycles, pepper grinder nd all sorts of things dat an individual philanthropist can easily do, claiming it is constituency project. Men we rili nid to open our eyes in this country, our leaders av taken us for granted to just too long.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by DonEwexco(m): 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
GeneralJ: This is one of the dumbest stupides things ever, so why present it to a market, is the market a law enforcement agency, why not just give it to the police, what is the market going to do with it, are traders going to drive it, so stupid and confusing

my nigga, will I call this hatred or frustration? Politics is all about letting the people to know how good/active you are.

Ride-on Okwute Ndi-Igbo
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by krixik(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
Why is he doing all these lately after eight years. Is he afraid of cancellation of the election probably to buy voters. He should have done all these during his eight year reign. Sympathy projects will not save you Governor Obi.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by 9inches(m): 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
FreeGlobe: ,Apart from the Ngige era which the enemies took back, Anambra is cursed with leadership. How dis a clueless and fraudulent man like this fool become governor? Less I forget, he has never been voted by Ndi Anambra, His first tenure was through courts in collaboration with Ubah brothers who he paid off, his second tenure was through ojukwu compensation aided by rigging. March should just stop by let this character disappear from my face!

S/he's back! I thought those mercenaries arrested in Owerri are still being paraded? Prof. Jega, who bailed this hater of progress... angry

1 Like

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Eziachi: 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
jbaur24: Truly a silent achiever..

When the chips are down, we shall know the real 'progressives'..
Your both ideas of silent and achiever, I don't know which is more laughable or is it Peter Obi grand gesture of a pickup truck paid from his personal pocket (?)with a crowd bigger than those watching Somalian women football league match.

Some of you should wake up to the fact that the world is changing fast and people all over the world are wising up to certain idiocy easily accepted many years ago.

Using his office and power to join the call for confederation, regional police and make it happened, will serve his people more than a meaningless pickup truck to group of thugs that will be driving about in it.

I use to taunt francophone Africans in the past, whenever I see them wearing clothes printed image of their dictators on it, never will I ever envisage that thee will come a time it will reach homeland, courtesy of OBJ who introduced it into Nigerian politic cycle.
The days of mere vest with their image on it has gone, it now its printed image of useless bunch of thieves parading as leaders that our people will be wearing and some goon has audacity calling them silent achievers.

1 Like

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by 9inches(m): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
mister josh: Wen will Nigeria's democracy pass d stage of celebrating things dat culd av been done witout so much fuss.

People like myself celebrate not necessarily the gestures but the commitment the govt of the day is putting in, judiciously following a nicely organised UN MDGs-backboned ANIDS template.
There's no excuse for personal hatred towards Obi's person here, so I dare say some people are just too illiterate to judge a govt by the blueprint(programme) it came with, and monitor how they are being followed up. Instead, they are here judging the govt by whatever template their crack-damaged brains could churn out.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by jbaur24: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
[s]
Eziachi:
Your both ideas of silent and achiever, I don't know which is more laughable or is it Peter Obi grand gesture of a pickup truck paid from his personal pocket (?)with a ground bigger than those watching Somalian women football league.

Some of you should wake up to the fact that the world is changing fast and people all over the world are wising up to certain idiocy easily accepted many years ago.

Using his office and power to join the call for confederation, regional police and make it happened, will serve his people more than a meaningless pickup truck to group of thugs that will be driving about in it.

I use to taunt francophone Africans in the past, whenever I see them wearing clothes printed image of their dictators on it, never will I ever envisage that thee will come a time it will reach homeland, courtesy of OBJ who introduced it into Nigerian politic cycle.
The days of mere vest with their image on it has gone, it now its printed image of useless bunch of thieves parading as leaders that our people will be wearing and some goon has audacity calling them silent achievers.
[/s]

TRASH!

Must you comment? This is Nigeria, go back to exile and remain in your America or Congo where you are more or less a slave..

3 Likes

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by 9inches(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
For those shouting 11th hour gesture, see the bolded...

:
When I took over after protracted legal battle in 2006, I met Anambra almost lying fallow as if her productive years were over – no planning, nothing! At first I worked on the theory that for one to cut a tree quickly it is better to spend more days sharpening the instrument for swift cutting than cutting immediately with a blunt instrument which will only waste more time.
We started by setting up the Ministry of Planning to come up with short, medium and long term plans for the state.
The plan now guides us in many things we are
doing. It was after the planning that we adopted the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) as our vision and came up with the Anambra Integrated Development Strategy (ANIDS) as a vehicle towards achieving those goals, through development of all sectors SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Today, I am happy to inform you that Anambra is on course towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals by the year 2015

We are always conscious of those goals which include: fighting of poverty and hunger, education, health, environment and partnership.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/trending/anambra-is-on-course/

The point here is effective planning with target and great commitment without which one can exhaust his time 'shooting' funds sporadically, at the end he realizes most of his works are either aimlessly done or partially concentrated.

What is the essence of having the best urban roads and the best of structures in the cities, or taking an award for the most beautiful state capital... while one can adopt a worldly renowned developmental plan and live a comfortable life. We need to decongest our few and already overflooded urban areas!
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
jbaur24: [s][/s]

TRASH!

Must you comment? This is Nigeria, go back to exile and remain in your America or Congo where you are more or less a slave..

Chino....

Have they deliver your own Kia-Picanto as promised you?

You had better make them give you the car..now that the car-jamboree is on.

Yeye dey smell.....nonsense!
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Eziachi: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: @Topic if Obi can complete the shopping mall, @ Nnewi then my people would have fared better under his administration than any other. I just pray the next governor focuses more on dualising urban roads, the roads in Nnewi(All single lanes) are so narrow, that a little accident will cause unneccesary hold up for hours.

You are right in your sentiment but, no modern and serious govt got its role set as building shopping mall or McDonald/KFC chicken restaurant, that is the work of private people who want to invest their cash to make money.

In this 21st century, people should no longer talk about building roads as a target for achievement for any politician. Road, light and water are necessities of life, so its a priority of all levels of govt to provide them for the public fund in their care, not of thank you "sir" for giving us what we are entitled to have in the first place and with our collective wealth.

How many time do we go and heap praises on the presidents of our town unions across Igboland, for using the money we all contributed to execute a desired projects like roads, water, electricity, hospitals, civic centres, erosion control measures, schools etc? So why do people do the opposite on the politicians with your own money they spend without even accounting for?

People should should by now start to demand things like fibrotic broadband possibilities that help and drives modern business and in turn creates thousands of job, total digitally network possibilities. Start to demand first class well equipped 21st century hospitals where diseases like cancer, organ transplant, amputation, diabetes can be paid a closer attention and with an easy access to everybody, free compulsory breast cancer test to every woman over 21 years of age, and prostrate cancer test for men over 55. But today million die each over mosquito bites.

After 100 years of existence, Nigerians deserve a nation with a speed train network to all major cities and a standard train network to every single town.
But what do we get, people hailing a dimwit giving a pickup truck like a father Christmas after 8 years, with billions of public money at his disposal.

1 Like

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by jbaur24: 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
Eziachi:

You are right in your sentiment but, no modern and serious govt got its role set as building shopping mall or McDonald/KFC chicken restaurant, that is the work of private people who want to invest their cash to make money.

In this 21st century, people should no longer talk about building roads as a target for achievement for any politician. Road, light and water are necessities of life, so its a priority of all levels of govt to provide them for the public fund in their care, not of thank you "sir" for giving us what we are entitled to have in the first place and with our collective wealth.

How many time do we go and heap praises on the presidents of our town unions across Igboland, for using the money we all contributed to execute a desired projects like roads, water, electricity, hospitals, civic centres, erosion control measures, schools etc? So why do people do the opposite on the politicians with your own money they spend without even accounting for?

People should should by now start to demand things like fibrotic broadband possibilities that help and drives modern business and in turn creates thousands of job, total digitally network possibilities. Start to demand first class well equipped 21st century hospitals where diseases like cancer, organ transplant, amputation, diabetes can be paid a closer attention and with an easy access to everybody, free compulsory breast cancer test to every woman over 21 years of age, and prostrate cancer test for men over 55. But today million die each over mosquito bites.

After 100 years of existence, Nigerians deserve a nation with a speed train network to all major cities and a standard train network to every single town.
But what do we get, people hailing a dimwit giving a pickup truck like a father Christmas after 8 years, with billions of public money at his disposal.

The highlighted is the reason why I said you are still very far from facing realities. Our problems at this level of our development are not those stuffs you listed but roads, light, water and food on our table. An average Nigerian or African does not have the need yet for Fibrotic and all those hightech stuff you have mentioned.

Face realities of our time biko..
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Eziachi: 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
jbaur24: [s][/s]

TRASH!

Check out the real meaning of the word "slave" first, then come back, we can then have a proper and serious adult chat. I don't abuse people because they have a varied opinion, I discuss issues with them, even when we sharply disagrees. Have a good life.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Eziachi: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
jbaur24:

The highlighted is the reason why I said you are still very far from facing realities. Our problems at this level of our development are not those stuffs you listed but roads, light, water and food on our table. An average Nigerian or African does not have the need yet for Fibrotic and all those hightech stuff you have mentioned.

South African you are dreaming of overtaking their economy, already has those things. But, typical you're still talking the usual- "our level of development" mantra. If you have money, you don't have to wait to be 300 years old to have something as simple as broadband for a country that sell millions of crude in barrels, every single day.
When America was still at this level of your development, their president still go to work on a bicycle but yours has 8 fleets of aircraft at his disposal.
If left for people like you, I am sure that Africans also may be deemed not be ripe for simple mobile phone network.

1 Like

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by jbaur24: 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
Eziachi:
South African has those things, you still talking the usual our level of development. If you have money, you don't have to wait to be 300 years old to have something as simple as broadband. When America was this level of your development, their president still goes to work with bicycle and your has 8 fleets of aircraft.
If left for people like you, Africans also may also not be riped for simple mobile phone network.

Not that some Nigerians can't afford it right now, but what about the majority of Nigerians? I think government should focus more on those areas that affects us most where we have urgent need for which is : food, shelter, healthcare, energy, water, good roads etc..

South Africa is more or less operating at the same level with some European countries and Nigeria cannot pretend to operate on the same pedestal when in reality we are still battling with basic tools of life.

1 Like

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
Eziachi:
South African you are dreaming to overtake their economy, already has those things, you still talking the usual our level of development. If you have money, you don't have to wait to be 300 years old to have something as simple as broadband. When America was this level of your development, their president still goes to work with bicycle and your has 8 fleets of aircraft.
If left for people like you, Africans also may also not be ripe for simple mobile phone network.

That is very deep.

People like Chino are too deep in sycophancy towards politicians to understand the import of that sentence.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by jbaur24: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mr Eziachi:

This is South African city of Pretoria.

Does it look like Nigeria and South Africa are mates..?

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by 9inches(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
jbaur24:

I tire o. Aren't we gonna crawl before walking and then running..? I'm pretty sure he said "thanks sir" after a meal or when a new clothing and/or shoes were bought for him when he was a kid, not minding it's the dad's basic responsibility
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by revolt(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
hope they're all ivm brands?
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by revolt(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
jbaur24: Mr Eziachi:

This is South African city of Pretoria.

Does it look like Nigeria and South Africa are mates..?
there's something wrong with the blackman. tell me why we simply can't build this.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Eziachi: 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
jbaur24:

Not that some Nigerians can't afford it right now, but what about the majority of Nigerians? I think government should focus more on those areas that affects us most where we have urgent need for which is : food, shelter, healthcare, energy, water, good roads etc..

South Africa is more or less operating at the same level with some European countries and Nigeria cannot pretend to operate on the same pedestal when in reality we are still battling with basic tools of life.
Nigeria is older than South Africa with resources South Africa will die to have. Stop making excuses for politicians or celebrating when they are making a fool of our people, just as Peter Obi is doing with his silly last minute pickup truck. In the late 70s I remember my father donating a brand new volkswagen mini bus to my community's newly built secondary school for the girls. A school built by the community from scratch and handed over to the govt of Adekunle Lawal then.

Across Igboland individuals had been donating things to help our people without any noise for donkey years. That is why I was angry as an Igbo son seeing our people being made a fool of by people like Obi and his supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Eziachi: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
9inches:

I tire o. Aren't we gonna crawl before walking and then running..? I'm pretty sure he said "thanks sir" after a meal or when a new clothing and/or shoes were bought for him when he was a kid, not minding it's the dad's basic responsibility
You had been crawling for the last 100 years, while the likes of Malaysia are now racing Usain Bolt for the gold medal.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
Eziachi:
Nigeria is older than South Africa with resources South Africa will die to have. Stop making excuses for politicians or celebrating when they are making a fool of our people, just as Peter Obi is doing with his silly last minute pickup truck. In the late 70s I remember my father donating a brand new volkswagen mini bus to my community's newly built secondary school for the girls. A school built by the community from scratch and handed over to the govt of Adekunle Lawal then.

Across Igboland individuals had been donating things to help our people without any noise for donkey years. That is why I was angry as an Igbo son seeing our people being made a fool of by people like Obi and his supporters.

You are touching Chino's tail with this comment....he will bear his fangs at you. grin grin grin
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Cuche: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obi would have been the best Governor in the history of Anambra if he had done away with pocketing of larger (unaccountable) part of the incomes
ANIDs would have been a very good tool in the hands of a selfless leader who will value a good name more than amassing wealth.
He, Obi doesn't have any excuse for not developing Anambra, all his excuses are lies.
Takes time to plan? This ANIDS structure came in his very first year in office, he started off on a high tempo in those first 2 yrs but suddenly decided to stop working on the projects.
Mrs Etiaba worked briskly on roads during her short stay, took her 10% or more, this APGA deputy gov candidate was works commissioner then, he made serious money then because contracts were executed here and there.
Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Proxytalk: 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=GeneralJ]This is one of the dumbest stupides things ever, so why present it to a market, is the market a law enforcement agency, why not just give it to the police, what is the market going to do with it, are traders going to drive it, so stupid and confusing[/quote
Fyi all mkts in anambra has vigilante groups, and those vigilante are more effective than ur so called law enforcement agency. U may hate obi bt anambra state today has gone far in all indices of development.

1 Like

Re: Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Konduga In Borno State Under Attack? / Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door / FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.