Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

An Open Letter To Owelle Rochas Okorocha, Executive Governor Of Imo State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Owelle Rochas Okorocha, Executive Governor Of Imo State. (987 Views)

Biography Of Owelle Rochas Okorocha / Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner / Abandoned Imo Governor Owelle Rochas' Road Project In Akokwa (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Owelle Rochas Okorocha, Executive Governor Of Imo State. by themaskedman: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2013
His Excellency

I bring you greetings in the name of God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit.

You may recall that in April 2011, tired of the poor governance of the Ikiri himself Ikedi Ohakim Imo citizens at home trooped out in large numbers to the pooling booths to boot him out and hand over the affairs of our dear state to you. Even those of us inconvinienced by distance put in a word or two for you to people at home.

In appreciation of the trust and confidence reposed in you, you made so many promises all captured under your RESCUE MISSION and Imolites believed you.

I do not intend to bore you with those promises majority of which have remained unfilfilled till this day. However, the one that really touched me and for I write you this letter is your promise of free education accross all levels of education in Imo State.

I remember when this promise was made I was one of those who kicked against it. I wrote on the Imo State Government blog then asking questions about the sustainabilty and appropriateness of the programme. As an educationist of several years I said that what Imo State at this time needed especially at the tertiary education level is not free education but quality education which may be subsidized anyway. On the strength of the number of Imolites seeking and indeed gaining admission into the state owned tertiary institutions I and many others said the programme isn‘t sustainable as the state can‘t afford it but we were told you will use your security vote to fund that. We weren‘t told how much the vote is anyway.

You promised free education to the tune of #100,000 and #80,000 to Imo indigenes at IMSU and Imo Poly respectively and the state erupted in joy. As a person who has dependants in the two schools I thought it was a big relief given how much I spend yearly on the two brothers.

Till today none of them has received the money even after I paid the #20,000 access fee for each of them and then the schools fees of #180,000 for the two.
Re: An Open Letter To Owelle Rochas Okorocha, Executive Governor Of Imo State. by themaskedman: 8:57am On Nov 29, 2013
In addition to other sundry expenses running close to #100,000 for both. My brothers are not the only ones affected by this, majority of students, parents and guardians with whom I have spoken confirm they haven‘t been paid too.

My question to you sir is why is this so, ain‘t these students Imolites enough to benefit
from the programme?

My appeal to you sir is that I be reimbursed the the sum #220,000 I spent on my wards who are supposed to enjoy free eduaction as promised by their dear governor who is also education friendly.

Your excellency I will write you again, this time on the sustainabilty and appropriateness of the free education programme but for the time being I await your reply to this.

I plegde my loyalty to the government of Imo State.

Yours faithfully,
themaskedman.

(1) (Reply)

15 Days To Go , Where Is The Massive Flood Predicted For 2013 ? / Arms And Ammo Recovered From Associates Of Senator Sekibo And Evans Bipi / Where Are The 5000 Buses Promised To Us By Our President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.