Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State (24675 Views)

Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms / Minor Could Be A Bride Stop The Fuse And Get Educated-muslim's View On Underage / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by vedaxcool(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
It is within the govt. Rights to ban Substances that r known to reduce the brain capacity to act normally, the only reason we r having this conversation is simply bcoz it was done in a muslim dominated state. Now I believe the govt. Of the state should have acted more circumspect. Due to the sort of complexity of Nigeria. I think there is an existing agreement on sabongari permitting them to drink as much Apolloalcohol they want in other words live according to their customs.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by naptu2: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sissie: No one's right is being denied, Alcohol is not completely banned in kano, it's sold in some places the people who take alcohol know where to buy it.

It's sold in the minority area, so all the people shouting minority this minority that have no case.

For transportation the government needs to give the seller's licence so they can transport it to the area's it's allowed.

But no alcohol can't be sold everywhere.

Actually, alcohol is banned in Kano State.

And I'm not talking about sharia law.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by greatmen: 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
alnaijiri:

Skin colour differences is the accumulated adaptation to solar radiation. There is no difference between different skin colours in the eyes of God. There is only one race, the human race. Stop sowing division among people. God wants everyone to serve Him.
funny solar radiation, how come a certain race is backward in development, that same race no matter the region in the world is marginalized eg aborigines, my friend not every western nation looks at you as human they Culd pretend with their no racism policies and smiles, we need to wake up as a race look around you any African nation that wants to rise or is trying to better its pple eg mugabe u Mit say he's a dictator but pls go and research why d British hate him, I cry for Africa may God save us!
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
My ban just expired today....make I just shutdown...
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by solamath(m): 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
Is it possible to ban religion in this country?

Oh! My people perish because they lack knowledge.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by alnaijiri(m): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
greatmen: funny solar radiation, how come a certain race is backward in development, that same race no matter the region in the world is marginalized eg aborigines, my friend not every western nation looks at you as human they Culd pretend with their no racism policies and smiles, we need to wake up as a race look around you any African nation that wants to rise or is trying to better its pple eg mugabe u Mit say he's a dictator but pls go and research why d British hate him, I cry for Africa may God save us!

You mentioned aborigines, which I assume to be Australian aboriginals. Actually, in terms of genetics, they're the most distant population from the Africans. It means that genetically, Europeans are closer to Africans than Aborigines are to Africans. Race is only a social construct. Just because some racists in Europe espouse an ignorant belief does not mean that it's true or that we should also believe in it.

Most of the world is "backward" in development aside from Europe and its settler colonies (North America, Australia, NZ, Israel). Europeans developed first but remember they were just as "backwards" as the rest of the world for most of its history.

Islam is the only religion that denies any racial classifications and is the only one to unite people of all backgrounds to progress in the name of justice, civilisation, and humanity.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Rexyl(m): 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
which one could have been more important? Banning alcohol or banning boko haram . God is not party to hypocrisy o

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by greatmen: 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
alnaijiri:

You mentioned aborigines, which I assume to be Australian aboriginals. Actually, in terms of genetics, they're the most distant population from the Africans. It means that genetically, Europeans are closer to Africans than Aborigines are to Africans. Race is only a social construct. Just because some racists in Europe espouse an ignorant belief does not mean that it's true or that we should also believe in it.

Most of the world is "backward" in development aside from Europe and its settler colonies (North America, Australia, NZ, Israel). Europeans developed first but remember they were just as "backwards" as the rest of the world for most of its history.

Islam is the only religion that denies any racial classifications and is the only one to unite people of all backgrounds to progress in the name of justice, civilisation, and humanity.
Am sorry to burst ur bubble but man has a flaw not God, I have seen Muslims discriminate oder Muslims of darker skins pls dnt play the religion card look at d case of d tuaregs in Libya or Sudan and South Sudan I have seen racism in but Christianity and Islam, God has no flaw but man does its time we use our brains and think deep about life cause religion has held us captive seek God not religion the greatest word was frm Jesus love ur neighbor as urslf.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
See how Islam constantly segregates people
Listen to the Muslim writers here
Christian areas and Muslims areas being thrown freely
Islam is the only religion on earth that segregates against people yet they shout on the pages of print of tolerance

Isn't it amazing that a religion sees alcohol as evil yet they have the worst smokers on earth
The world largest producer of Opium is a Muslim country
Which is a worse evil?

Children in Kano sniff glue and by products of gutters to get high
Even grandmothers smoke
But alcohol is evil?

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Sissie(f): 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
naptu2:

Actually, alcohol is banned in Kano State.

And I'm not talking about sharia law.

No its not, Alcohol is not banned in the sabon gari area of kano.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sissie: We do not have to turn everything into a Christianity vs islam thing. Destroying the bottles affect some Muslims too.

It is in violation of people's rights! Do you religious folks really think Nigeria is only made up of Christians and Muslims? What of Pagans ,Atheists, Hindus?

The government is the wrong on this,and these were reasons there was a strong opposition to introducing Sharia law in Nigeria. I remember the assurances that were given that the rights of non-muslims will be protected but I guess religion always supersedes common sense in Nigeria
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rexyl: which one could have been more important? Banning alcohol or banning boko haram . God is not party to hypocrisy o

Thank you
The sultan of Sokoto is fighting to release the Kogi lecturer accused of being a Boko haram henchman
Yet alcohol is their problem

Is it alcohol that slaughtered hundreds on the streets of Kano and sent the Emir running to London
Mschtwwww

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
now,this is a really good,rational,unbiased post.i only hope that every1 approches the issue rationally as well.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by IleIfe2(m): 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
BetaThings:

Really?
Please can you quote where you did this type of analysis when Muslims were (and still are) precluded from building a mosque in Rivers State University while the authorities of same University built several churches for Christians
They have even ignored court judgment
Sorry, Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion! Only Islam is

The world moves in circles man. There was a time in this country where we had two masjids in Aso-villa with zero chapels. Islam is the most intolerant religion in the world no doubt. So, you'll find cases of discrimination anywhere you have muslim majority. This happens everywhere in the world once muslim outnumber others. so ...............

But Christians mounted a sustained campaign against Islamic Banking in this "free" country!
I can even be an unwitting victim of the reckless driving by an inebriated motorist.
So outside religion, some people in free countries frown at alcohol because it can fuel violence or accidents
I am scratching my head how Islamic Bank to be funded by private money (just like GT, First, Zenith and other banks) will affect anyone to justify the opposition by Christians
I am sorry, I missed the memo, Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion

Sanusi wanted to use non-halal (CBN) money to finance the project before the public outcry and change of plan. An islamic bank can't sustain it self, thats why they need governments to secretly bail them out, year-in-year-out, except the bank is fake and not entirely shariah compliant. like everything islamic, islamic finance is discriminatory.

Here we go. Christians have been fighting against Hijab for ever. What harm it does to them, I cannot fathom
They cane Muslim pupils in PUBLIC schools. When a newspaper reported that Lagos state had banned the Hijab, Christians were agog online
Sorry, I forgot that Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion

I have not seen Muslims take a position on a matter that will make Christians commit any sin. None
Christians want Muslims to deal in Riba (a sin) by using conventional banks
Christians want Muslims ladies to expose part of their bodies that Allah require them to cover (a sin)
The FG spending public money put up a national christmas tree in Abuja and ensured members of diplomatic corps were present
This army that would have been screaming against Hijab ban did you seen them? - please can you show me Muslims protesting?
But Islam is intolerant!

Let me ask: what would have been the reaction of CAN if it were a national Eid-el-Mawlid tree?

Hijab is a religious obligation and is compulsory everytime a Muslim lady is outdoors (it is not required at home)
Just like normal societies don't ask people to go out in the nude and take their baths at home with their clothes on
Banning alcohol is not an attack on any religion - it is not a religious duty - we should not mix dissimilar issues

BTW If people want to get drunk, they should be free to provided they don't run me over
However even Guinness recommends people start drinking as from 6pm

As for VAT, I support isolating VAT income from non-halal sources
Allah is sufficient for those who place their trust in him. Muslims should not eat from haram sources

We all know the hijab is a show of power, a sign of conquered territory, it has nothing to do salvation or holiness. Forget the symbolic charades and violence, islam will become what the "free" world is, a huge business enterprise with the islamic finance, halal restaurants/food, islamic schools, islamic fashion, etc everything and anything, just label it islamic with the help of a few mullahs or sheiks, you are in business.

So, pack well with your patronising religious palaver.

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Sissie(f): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rexyl: which one could have been more important? Banning alcohol or banning boko haram . God is not party to hypocrisy o

Is bokoharam legal? Kano state killed many bokoharam members in kano and that's one of the reason why kano is not a strong hold of bokoharam compared to other northern states.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by greatmen: 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
datopdlink: now,this is a really good,rational,unbiased post.i only hope that every1 approches the issue rationally as well.
Sorry you should read d comments its turned into a Christianity vs Muslim debate but we have forgotten our sense of reasoning the black man needs help smh
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by SeunFakorede(m): 9:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
It is well.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
Baby mama:

It is not about the black man,it is Islam and it's intolerance
Saudis are not black
They neither allow their women drive nor visitors to worship freely
Lay it at the feet of Islam my dear
The worst terrorists ever have been from the land where Islam was founded and they ain't black

And christians are tolerant? We need to evolve past religion

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by GetGuide: 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
here we go again angry angry angry angry
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BUSHHUNTER: 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
Fulaman198:

Who cares what other people label someone. I'm Muslim and I personally think it's wrong. I don't believe in the consumption of alcohol but I don't believe in forcing my view on others.

you are nt a MUSLIM.....you are a PAGAN....
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BUSHHUNTER: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Baby mama:

You see the intolerance in Islam
Read the highlighted again
The deceptions of how sharia was supposed to be for Muslims alone
Una don see the religion of " peace"
Basically these eediots waylaid trucks on the road and destroyed people's livelihood and the his bah mullah vows to get into every nook and cranny of Kano
Una don see the full story not the speculations about where the beer came from
I blame the Christian southerners that still choose to live in those places

because they cant survive withawt the NORTH....#fact#
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BUSHHUNTER: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Baby mama:

You see the intolerance in Islam
Read the highlighted again
The deceptions of how sharia was supposed to be for Muslims alone
Una don see the religion of " peace"
Basically these eediots waylaid trucks on the road and destroyed people's livelihood and the his bah mullah vows to get into every nook and cranny of Kano
Una don see the full story not the speculations about where the beer came from
I blame the Christian southerners that still choose to live in those places
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Fesisko(m): 10:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
greatmen: Sorry you should read d comments its turned into a Christianity vs Muslim debate but we have forgotten our sense of reasoning the black man needs help smh
what baffles me is the way muslims jump into conclusion that anybody who is not a muslim is a christian.for christ sake,we have atheist n other people who practice african traditional religion. the state government have no fuc. k.ing right to ban the usage of cigarette and alcohol In any parts of kano,cos according to the Nigeria constitution,the re not illegal.is the sharia now superior to the federal laws?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Mujah1deen: 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
I'm in full support of this and 100% behind the governor. Kwankwaso for president cool
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mujah1deen: I'm in full support of this and 100% behind the governor. Kwankwaso for president cool

If you weren't in support of it, I would have been shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Devoted Muslims Praying Under The Rain. Photos/Video / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.