Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu (4371 Views)

I Can Sacrifice Presidential Ambition For NFF Job –dr Orji Uzor Kalu / Evil Plans Against Dr.orji Kalu Unveiled / Dr.orji Uzor Kalu Condemn's Uniport's 4 Students Massacre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
nnenna.1:

Worked up for what? Simple English - ignore my 'gibberish' and face front rather than spew trash.

You are still blowing grammar. undecided

Wait for 2 ...3....and the 4th Niger bridge..Ebele Azikwe Jonathan will build everything for you.

Ode!
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Abagworo, as one of the few sensible people from across the niger I observe on NL, I msut admit and tell you the truth that YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FROM YOUR POCKET TO BUILD second niger bridge!

Since the governors in your region are playing ethnic politics, castigating other regions, do not expect anything meaningful to be done with the second niger bridge. It is the campaign tool to get your people to vote for their Azikiwe in 2015 cool

While they are siting on their hands crying and begging for this bridge, the FG is constructing a rail line from Zaria all the way to Niger republic... Yes, Niger republic outside Nigeria...lol.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by OmoTier1(m): 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
plaindealer:

While they are siting on their hands crying and begging for this bridge, the FG is constructing a rail line from Zaria all the way to Niger republic... Yes, Niger republic outside Nigeria...lol.

My brother, this is what my Obahiagbon called "... a situation of abysmal dismal..". Let them continue to play politics of separation and kill and divide.

Imagine Peter Obi, who happen to be governor of Anambra state boasting that He has N20bn in savings ( not that we believe Him for one penny) and then you ask: Why did this man not take N8bn out of that money, team up with Delta state, Abia, Imo, and the FG to get the bridge constructed for his people? Imagine if that was done 4 years ago, surely, He would have recouped that amount from the resulting increase in taxes!
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by bestview: 11:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
Chai cheesy

Yorobaa is synonymous with poverty. Somebody said that he saw poverty walking on two legs in yorobaa land. grin
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by OmoTier1(m): 12:09am On Dec 01, 2013
bestview: Chai cheesy

Yorobaa is synonymous with poverty. Somebody said that he saw poverty walking on two legs in yorobaa land. grin
Ah though not yoruba... I would be more worried if all my eyes can see in this world is poverty walking on two legs. It just shows the kind of brain in the head of some people.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 01, 2013
bestview: Chai cheesy

Chino.....Obiano don remember you for the car bonanza going on?
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Ah thought not yoruba... I would be more worried if all my eyes can see in this world is poverty walking on two legs. It just shows the kind of brain in the head of some people.

Are you taking the mor0nic Chino any way serious.? He is adept at posting Ibadan pictures of the 70's...

That is one of the consequences for abusing everybody....budget for it will never sail through...there will be virement if put into the budget.

Only a PPP will see it to life...

You don't go abuse people and expect them to help you when you need it.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by OmoTier1(m): 3:12am On Dec 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Are you taking the mor0nic Chino any way serious.? He is adept at posting Ibadan pictures of the 70's...

That is one of the consequences for abusing everybody....budget for it will never sail through...there will be virement if put into the budget.

Only a PPP will see it to life...

You don't go abuse people and expect them to help you when you need it.
What baffles me the most is that right in front of their eyes, on the other side of the country where the same river Niger cuts the land into two halves, a new bridge has been constructed over it.

With all of Peter Obi's claim of knowledge of economics, why in all of his 8 years in power could he not put together a vibrant business case and plan on how the bridge could be constructed through PPP and use His closeness to Jonathan to get it on the FG budget ASAP?

The sad reality is, no other region of the country need that bridge to survive, so if the people continue to play politics of hatred, separation, kill and divide, they alone will suffer the most.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What baffles me the most is that right in front of their eyes, on the other side of the country where the same river Niger cuts the land into two halves, a new bridge has been constructed over it.

With all of Peter Obi's claim of knowledge of economics, why in all of his 8 years in power could he not put together a vibrant business case and plan on how the bridge could be constructed through PPP and use His closeness to Jonathan to get it on the FG budget ASAP?

The sad reality is, no other region of the country need that bridge to survive, so if the people continue to play politics of hatred, separation, kill and divide, they alone will suffer the most.

Now i know you're a dunce, for your info, that Bridge serves All SE and most South Southerners retuning from the north(States like Akwa ibom,Rivers,Cross river and the likes, if you must argue, argue with facts,not sentiments! iTI!
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by OmoTier1(m): 9:06am On Dec 01, 2013
INNOisBACK: Now i know you're a dunce, for your info, that Bridge serves All SE and most South Southerners retuning from the north(States like Akwa ibom,Rivers,Cross river and the likes, if you must argue, argue with facts,not sentiments! iTI!

Huh? This one must have been drunk on Sapele water again. What I do not understand is why do you Easterner always want to draw us SouthSoutherns into your own problems?

It comes across like you are a stranger in Nigeria and perhaps you have not left your village since you were born! Most southerners in Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, cross rivers come no where near onitsha when going to north! I know your people that are tenants in those places do because the like to travel inside those sardined buses at night. Let's this matter for another day!

If this bridge so affect the concerned states you mentioned, I know, as they say in warri, warri no dey carry last, that bridge would have been completed long ago!

Since you people are always fond of playing the ethnic card and beating your cheats in front of other tribes and ethnic groups, none other than yourselves would have to cough out the money to get the bridge done.

We in edo state know how to get things done and we do not go about blaming others for the woes we allow bad leadership to wreck on the land. We are bridge builders, and we accommodate all without malice. Hence it is no surprise why most Federal projects in the state get the attention they deserve.

Tell you people to go humble themselves and reached out to others, perhaps, you second Niger bridge will be given accelerated construction.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by asha80(m): 9:16am On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Huh? This one must have been drunk on Sapele water again. What I do not understand is why do you Easterner always want to draw us SouthSoutherns into your own problems?

It comes across like you are a stranger in Nigeria and perhaps you have not left your village since you were born! Most southerners in Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, cross rivers come no where near onitsha when going to north! I know your people that are tenants in those places do because the like to travel inside those sardined buses at night. Let's this matter for another day!

If this bridge so affect the concerned states you mentioned, I know, as they say in warri, warri no dey carry last, that bridge would have been completed long ago!

Since you people are always fond of playing the ethnic card and beating your cheats in front of other tribes and ethnic groups, none other than yourselves would have to cough out the money to get the bridge done.

We in edo state know how to get things done and we do not go about blaming others for the woes we allow bad leadership to wreck on the land. We are bridge builders, and we accommodate all without malice. Hence it is no surprise why most Federal projects in the state get the attention they deserve.

Tell you people to go humble themselves and reached out to others, perhaps, you second Niger bridge will be given accelerated construction.

how come east west road has been dragging for ages?
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2013
asha 80: how come east west road has been dragging for ages?
You dey mind the OLUKU?
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by drnoel: 11:05am On Dec 01, 2013
oluwashaddow: like he truly feels their pain
he doesnt
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by OmoTier1(m): 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
asha 80: how come east west road has been dragging for ages?
Obviously, the scope of that project has evolved over the years and gradually, the road is being completed. So go cry me river over your 2NB.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by pazienza(m): 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Edo state? Do people live there? Never knew people live there. Edo is not really south- south, Edo is a minority in south-south, you guys were used to complete south soouth. You should learn your place in the scheme of things. Do not drag akwa ibom and cross river into your folly, they are wiser than you lots are and are the real south southerners.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
[b]The President will not build the Second Niger Bridge until he leaves office in 2015. He would rather use the Niger bridge again to seek votes from Ndigbo and South East for his 2015 presidential bid.

The same promises were made during late Umaru Yar’adua/Jonathan ticket in 2007. Has the Niger Bridge been built since then? How many times and how long should the politicians lie to the Igbos and South East about the Second Niger Bridge? Our people must be smarter than this nonsense from politicians.

A bridge project could be completed within one year of any serious administration. The President has been in Aso Rock for approximately 6years now, and why must the Niger bridge be a bait for an exile until 2015 that he would leave office. Why not start the Second Niger Bridge project tomorrow or next month? still remember how Obasanjo lied that the same collapsing bridge [pictured above and supported by pillars] would be built before he left office. General Ibrahim Babangida before him used the second Nigeria Bridge to titillate Ndigbo. Then, Yar'Adua used the same bridge to deceive those so-called Igbo leaders who lack discernment. Jonathan has now come, lying like a drunken sailor that he will build the bridge.

What this means is that as soon as President Jonathan declares intent for another term for the 2015, he would continue to use the Second Niger Bridge to woo the Igbos and South East to vote him once again with the usual promise that the Second Niger Bridge would be built. What will the President tell Ndigbo if the Niger Bridge is not built at end of his first term? Shame on the gullible who believe this exile thing from President Jonathan.

So, eminent Ndigbo should come together in a consortium and raise capital, in conjunction with foreign partners, to build the Niger bridge. Or else, we may still be sitting pretty by 2019 listening to tales by moonlight.[/b]

And here is the eye opener. GEJ's administration is loaded with SE folks occupying the highest positions and his best friends are SE governors, but they still can not secure a tiny budget allocation to do what's very essential and important to the SE people for 30 years and still counting.

Politics is not regional so the fact that GEJ is your friend and all your people are in his administration doesn't mean you get everything you want from his administration simply because folks in other regions controls and directs National funds so you can insult and abuse them as much as you want, but the consequence is all yours to bare...

At least, GEJ is smart enough not to share this sad reality and his inability to lift a finger with the SE folks.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
God help the Ibo person/individual and his mentality.Ibos should and can decide to act local but they should start thinking GLOBAL now or soon enough.Just an advice.Pls don't insult me,I'm not Yoruba or Hausa.I'm actually Ghanaian.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
Why are Tinubu e-dogs always breaking their heads over anything that has to do with the southeast? Why this obsession with the southeast? From Anambra election they have now invaded the Second Niger Bridge with their silly advice, lies and propaganda. Na wah o!
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Why are Tinubu e-dogs always breaking their heads over anything that has to do with the southeast? Why this obsession with the southeast? From Anambra election they have now invaded the Second Niger Bridge with their silly advice, lies and propaganda. Na wah o!

Everyone is free to air their views on issues concerning any part of the nations. I think you need the advise the most with your senseless fixation on fashola, tinubu and all over the southwest. Telling you to go get a life is definitely a lost cause.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by asha80(m): 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Obviously, the scope of that project has evolved over the years and gradually, the road is being completed. So go cry me river over your 2NB.
evolved indeed.....yea right in gradually being completed.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Onlytruth(m): 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
pazienza:

Edo state? Do people live there? Never knew people live there. Edo is not really south- south, Edo is a minority in south-south, you guys were used to complete south soouth. You should learn your place in the scheme of things. Do not drag akwa ibom and cross river into your folly, they are wiser than you lots are and are the real south southerners.

I even think the guy is a SW man living in Edo. He sounds so shallow and bitter. Most Edo people I know aren't that virulent in their political views of the East. I personally believe that Edo is Mid west, not SS. This fact will show clearly after Oshiomole defects to PDP soon. lol
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
I just saw a NL thread where it says FG approved N325m for 2NB.Wow!That's good.Is that not almost the same amount less N100m or so an Onitsha Ibo FG official woman spent on buying 2 cars for herself.And her kith and kin were celebrating her 'arrival'.Misplaced priority.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
Onlytruth:

I even think the guy is a SW man living in Edo. He sounds so shallow and bitter. Most Edo people I know aren't that virulent in their political views of the East. I personally believe that Edo is Mid west, not SS. This fact will show clearly after Oshiomole defects to PDP soon. lol
So you agree with the slowpoke up there?Means you're a bigger slowpoke.R u brain-damaged?U want to drag Edo people into your stupid way of thinking?See why you lose everytime?Show some respect.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
ibn akogun:

Everyone is free to air their views on issues concerning any part of the nations. I think you need the advise the most with your senseless fixation on fashola, tinubu and all over the southwest. Telling you to go get a life is definitely a lost cause.
Yes people have the right to comment on projects in any part of the country but here we'r talking of an obsession. Maybe you should check the dictionary meaning of obsession.

Tinubu and Buhari will always come under attack because they'r the face of the opposition APC which hopes to win the presidency in 2015. So what GEJ is to PDP is what Buhari and Tinubu are to APC.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by FreeGlobe(f): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
pascyj: I just saw a NL thread where it says FG approved N325m for 2NB.Wow!That's good.Is that not almost the same amount less N100m or so an Onitsha Ibo FG official woman spent on buying 2 cars for herself.And her kith and kin were celebrating her 'arrival'.Misplaced priority.
"Ghanaboy" wont you mind your business. Do you think we are discussing Accra bridge here.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by basilo101: 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
pandriod: The same barbarian scum that claimed to have developed Lagos is the one crying here. Fashola built a better and more complex one within few months, while the so-called most industrious people on earth are still begging FG for this footpaths bridge. pathetic.
ur MMIA is leaking go n fix it!!!
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by FreeGlobe(f): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
on this thread alone yoruba people are claiming Edo, Ghanaian, etc. lol
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by ibnakogun: 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Yes people have the right to comment on projects in any part of the country but here we'r talking of an obsession. Maybe you should check the dictionary meaning of obsession.

Tinubu and Buhari will always come under attack because they'r the face of the opposition APC which hopes to win the presidency in 2015. So what GEJ is to PDP is what Buhari and Tinubu are to APC.

You are a lost cause niqquar.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by basilo101: 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
ibn akogun:

Stop taking these Jews serious anymore. Most of them have not seen the asaba end of the Niger bridge all their miserable life.
wtf r u talking abt? SE travel more dan any oda region
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by basilo101: 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
ba7man: But on a real note, those Eastern states mentioned actually have a lot of economic activities but the citizens don't have a habit of paying taxes to increase their their IGR.

If they did, their IGR might actually end up being high.

That's why I'll recommend an APC Governor for them.
bros u talk lyk sm1 dat has bn 2 SE nt all these ppl dat depend on news. Local entrepreneus control d economy of SE n mostly off d raddar 4 taxation. D efect is d masses will hv more moni indipendent of govt. Unlike sw dat dia wia indians own poultry farm n italians proces palm oil, pay high taxes 2 govt n impoverish d indigens. Or Hw else cn u explain d fact dat dey liv in old dilapidated buildings.
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by plaindealer: 1:12am On Dec 02, 2013
basilo101:
bros u talk lyk sm1 dat has bn 2 SE nt all these ppl dat depend on news. Local entrepreneus control d economy of SE n mostly off d raddar 4 taxation. D efect is d masses will hv more moni indipendent of govt. Unlike sw dat dia wia indians own poultry farm n italians proces palm oil, pay high taxes 2 govt n impoverish d indigens. Or Hw else cn u explain d fact dat dey liv in old dilapidated buildings.

So, you deny your own government taxes needed to provide basic amenities and infrastructures like the bridge this man is crying over because of personal greed and lack of social, civic and communal responsibilities?

How sad and pathetic..
Re: Niger Bridge Makes Me Cry -dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by pazienza(m): 9:18am On Dec 02, 2013
Onlytruth:

Of course, i suspect 'it' is a Yoruba guy, but i only replied 'it' because no Edo person here thought it wise to dissociate Edo from 'its' post.

And let us not be quick to forget the bini massacre of Igbos in bini, in the lead up to the civil war, and the fact that Enahoro, one of the persons that championed starvation policy against biafra then, was an Edo man, snakes never give birth to short things, they are always long.

Dede had once said that all an Igbo man need to do to understand and survive in Nigeria, is a careful study of the events leading up to the civil war, the events during the civil war, and immediate pre civil war events, and i agree with him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must See: Old And New Shakau: A Body Check / President Barrack Obama Of United States Of America To Visit Akwa Ibom state / Amazing!!! T.B Joshua Runs A Nation In A Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.