Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,578 members, 7,833,871 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa (772 Views)

We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze / I Regret My Action, Says Orubebe / I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by landis(m): 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2008
what a revelation,  a lesson to all others. Trust Nigeria at your own peril.

"As it is now, I would even advise any athlete that has the opportunity to change his or her nationality to do so, because Nigeria is not worth dying for, Ajunwa

1996 Olympic gold medallist, Chioma Ajunwa-Okpara, has said that though she have had a fulfilled life in athletics, she would ever regret retiring from the sport prematurely.
Ajunwa, who is also a police superintendent with Zone 2 Command in Lagos, further dropped a bombshell, saying that she would ever regret her decision not to join the like of Gloria Alozie and Francis Obikwelu to change her nationality.
Speaking to Daily Sunsport in Lagos recently, Ajunwa said she would have still been in active sports if she had changed her nationality. She stressed that Nigeria does not know how to take care of her stars.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2008/july/23/sports-23-07-2008-001.htm
"I don’t know why I refused to change my nationality when I was still in the height of my formative days. I believe that if I had done that, I wouldn’t have retired from sports when I did," the former athlete began
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by ifyalways(f): 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2008
Too late to cry when the head is off cheesy
what precisely are her grudges?
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by bilymuse: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2008
Niger forever
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by lucabrasi(m): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2008
@topic
abeg i feel the woman jare,money that is allocaed to sports men/women on paper will be embezelled by some official,jamboree of officials all because of estacodes e.t.c useless sporting federation sad
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 24, 2008
the cheat should shut up. She tested positive twice for performance enhancing rugs and her gold medal has been stripped. She is not serious attention seeking cheat. Let her go and sleep abeg, is it Nigeria that pushed the drugs down her system, sister please
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by landis(m): 8:56am On Jul 24, 2008
aisha2:

the cheat should shut up. She tested positive twice for performance enhancing rugs and her gold medal has been stripped. She is not serious attention seeking cheat. Let her go and sleep abeg, is it Nigeria that pushed the drugs down her system, sister please

can you back-up your statement? if not it is unfair to make such statement for someone that has brought much to sport in Nigeria.

last I checked, her Gold medal still intact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chioma_Ajunwa
ifyalways:

Too late to cry when the head is off cheesy
what precisely are her grudges?

if you read; you would have seen the statement:
Ajunwa said she would have still been in active sports if she had changed her nationality. She stressed that Nigeria does not know how to take care of her stars.
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by otokx(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2008
My dear is it now she knows? Medicine after death
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by landis(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2008
otokx:

My dear is it now she knows? Medicine after death

thats why she said:

"As it is now, I would even advise any athlete that has the opportunity to change his or her nationality to do so, because Nigeria is not worth dying for, Ajunwa

so others will not lament like her.
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by 74071688(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2008
whatever Ajunwa grin

tough luck now, itz too late!!
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by Bolarge(m): 10:45am On Jul 25, 2008
How does Ajunwa's woes now dovetail into other people renouncing their nationality?
Sad when so-called intellectuals also believe/ subscribe to this. undecided
There is no nation in the whole wide world where some people never get the short end of the stick.
True patriotism is unshakeable not in the absence of the odds but in spite of the odds.
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by globalaid(m): 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2008
but it is not too late, shio
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by davidif: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2008
Ajunwa should have done what was best for herself by renouncing Nigeria, she would have been living a comfortable life right now either working as a coach to some new young track stars or publishing a book, heck, who knows, she could have won more medals. Now she is living in pernury for a stupid USELESS country that gave her nothing, what a shame, but like the saying goes, life's not fair, get used to it.
Re: I Regret Not Dumping Nigeria-ajunwa by idupaul: 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2008
ok ooo.but what is stopping her now.

(1) (Reply)

2010 Us Visa Lottery Begins / Yar’adua Plots 2nd Term / 1000 Ijaws Silenced by the Military- I Thought The VP is Ijaw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.