Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze (26511 Views)

Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati / Ndigbo Have No Regrets Voting Against Buhari – ohanaeze / Why We Are Supporting Buhari - G7 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by ducii: 9:09am On Apr 16, 2015
Awka—OHANAEZE Ndigbo, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, said yesterday, that it had no regrets not supporting the ambition of the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, who won the March 28, 2015 presidential poll.
Ohanaeze also flayed the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, over the death threat he allegedly issued to Igbo people residing in Lagos before the governorship election.

Speaking in an interview in Awka, the national treasurer of the group, Chief Damian Ogene, said the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation supported President Goodluck Jonathan because of what he described as Buhari’s negative antecedents to Ndigbo.

According to him, the rejection of Buhari during the presidential poll is to remind him of the injustices perpetrated against Igbo during his earlier tenure as military Head of State.

He, however, said that since God had given Buhari an opportunity to be a democratic President of Nigeria, he should strive to right his earlier wrongs.
Ogene said: “We are ready to co-operate with him and to believe in his administration in the hope that he will, this time, address the injustices meted out to us since after the Nigerian civil war.”

He also advised the President-elect to deal only with the core people in Igbo land, rather than with the money-bags that were out of touch with Igbo nation and the masses.

“These billionaires have been using their oil money to block government from reaching the people at the grassroots level.

“He should liaise with people-oriented organisations like Anambra Association of Town Unions, ASATU, rather than with intermediaries,” he said.

He suggested to General Buhari to ensure that Igbo people, who were displaced in the northern part of the country due to the Boko Haram insurgency, received compensation as their northern counterparts, in the spirit of equity and justice.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/we-dont-regret-not-supporting-buhari-ohanaeze/

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by SeverusSnape(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2015
Me too...
I have no regrets whatsoever
I'll still vote GEJ again if he's going up against Buhari even today

127 Likes 14 Shares

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2015
boman2014:

WhO CaRes
we do. Pls try and get over the election defeat na. Time dey go

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by SeverusSnape(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2015
boman2014:

WhO CaRes
I do... undecided

16 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by agarawu23(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2015
the regret ahead that will be the worst regret ever is not giving Buhari the chance since 2003

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by SeverusSnape(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2015
agarawu23:
the regret ahead that will be the worst regret ever is not giving Buhari the chance since 2003
I don't regret that either...

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by dinachi(m): 9:17am On Apr 16, 2015
Ohaneze should quit embarrassing themselves. They are a bunch of clowns. Did Jonathan right the wrongs against ndigbo by his Ijaw brothers? Where is compensation for abandoned properties in port Harcourt?

169 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by agarawu23(m): 9:17am On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I don't regret that either...
your regrets is none of my business dude undecided

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by SeverusSnape(m): 9:19am On Apr 16, 2015
agarawu23:
your regrets is none of my business dude undecided
Yours too... Aren't you the one regretting not giving him the opportunity since 2003??

Tell that to your self.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by boman2014: 9:19am On Apr 16, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
we do. Pls try and get over the election defeat na. Time dey go
. I am for CHANGE

8 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 16, 2015
dinachi:
[s]Ohaneze should quit embarrassing themselves. They are a bunch of clowns. Did Jonathan right the wrongs against ndigbo by his Ijaw brothers? Where is compensation for abandoned properties in port Harcourt?[/s]

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by blackjack21(m): 9:21am On Apr 16, 2015
I hope you will support him now that he is you president and when it matter most.

09:16:03
Thu, Apr 16, 2015

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by sCun: 9:21am On Apr 16, 2015
dinachi:
Ohaneze should quit embarrassing themselves. They are a bunch of clowns. Did Jonathan right the wrongs against ndigbo by his Ijaw brothers? Where is compensation for abandoned properties in port Harcourt?
How many abandoned properties does your father or grand father have in Port harcourt? Can you point any?
Fool!!!!

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2015
boman2014:
. I am for CHANGE
then join the movement.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by chymystique(f): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2015
I dont regret not supporting GMB too... I wish him a suCCessful tenure though and not to forget the promises he made to Nigerians who has high expeCtations from him.

51 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 16, 2015
Who cares bout ohanaeze abi wetin dem dey call am sef. Bunch of clowns.

41 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by dinachi(m): 9:25am On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
How many abandone properties does your father or grand father have in Port harcourt? Can you point any?
Fool!!!!
How many of your father and grandfather were displaced by Boko haram? Can you point to any? FOOL! Senseless fools like you, is the main reason for Igbo moving to APC enmass after Buhari win. We have realized that our worst enemy is the Ijaw man.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Emmyk(m): 9:26am On Apr 16, 2015
undecided
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by stronger: 9:26am On Apr 16, 2015
WE DON'T CARE!!!!

These groups - Ohanaeze, Arewa, Afenifere. . ALL of them have proved to be useless to Nigeria so far!

What exactly do they do? Just meet, release statements and fight for THEIR pockets!! Why should a group somewhere tell me who to vote for? Why should a SS person really vote for GEJ who admitted to not doing anything for the region?

I think all these groups should be scrapped or completely ignored. They are proving to be as useless as the "p" in "psyche"!! angry angry

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by boman2014: 9:28am On Apr 16, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
then join the movement.
stop quoting mee. Check my prev. Posts. I'm for change way before u came on board

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by boman2014: 9:30am On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Me too...
I have no regrets whatsoever

Na today
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by sCun: 9:30am On Apr 16, 2015
dinachi:

How many of your father and grandfather were displaced by Boko haram? Can you point to any? FOOL! Senseless fools like you, is the main reason for Igbo moving to APC enmass after Buhari win. We have realized that our worst enemy is the Ijaw man.
We know those who are displaced by Boko Haram, we hear their cries everyday.
Why is it that it is foolish and wretched people like you who cannot point to even half plot of land owned by their fore fathers in PH that are always shouting about abandoned properties? I haven't seen a single one of them that can point to any property belonging to them that was seized.
You are speaking for yourself and poor family not Igbos.

13 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by SeverusSnape(m): 9:31am On Apr 16, 2015
boman2014:

Na today
Na tomorrow cool
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Chanchit: 9:31am On Apr 16, 2015
This man is confused, he said nothing about supporting him now that he has won, but he's talking about how Buhari should support them. I no wan insult king I for say he's steewpeed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 16, 2015
[size=18pt]FUCCCK OHANEZE angry[/size]

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by waternogetemeny: 9:34am On Apr 16, 2015
Even after knowing all that has happened during and after the election, if i can go back in time, i will support GEJ and PDP again.

Absolutely no regret.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by kestolove95(m): 9:35am On Apr 16, 2015
Has the igbos Eva support any TIN good in Nigeria?..mtseew

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Adeyinka12(m): 9:36am On Apr 16, 2015
Don't worry u will soon regret

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:37am On Apr 16, 2015
boman2014:
stop quoting mee. Check my prev. Posts. I'm for change way before u came on board
where is the board? When did change start?
Bros, abeg jare
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by dinachi(m): 9:37am On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
We know those who are displaced by Boko Haram, we hear their cries everyday.
Why is it that it is foolish and wretched people like you who cannot point to even half plot of land owned by their fore fathers in PH that are always shouting about abandoned properties? I haven't seen a single one of them that can point to any property belonging to them that was seized.
You are speaking for yourself and poor family not Igbos.
Why is it that it is poor foolish people like you who does not have any landed property that trivializes the siezed Igbo properties now worth billions of naira under an Ijaw governor Alfred Dieete Spiff? Jonathan who didn't lift a finger to right these grievous wrongs against ndigbo by his people the Ijaws inspite of their support is the one to be blamed by ohaneze,instead of Buhari that is yet to take oath of office.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:38am On Apr 16, 2015
How come Ohanaeze was among the first group, if not the first, to send a congratulatory message to Buhari?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I’m Fair To Ndigbo In Appointment – Buhari (picture) / Why Didn’t You Withdraw Policemen From Aregbesola, PDP Asks IGP / Bode George: Tinubu And Osibanjo Should Tell Nigerians How Alpha Bet Was Founded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.