Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv (39011 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Bottomline, ASUU leadership has been thoroughly
washed on national tv. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves wherever they are

Na dis kind news wey com in favour of gej na em dey sweet u die. See ur brown teeth smiling like a mofo. grin An uncompleted deal by the both party, #fgVSasuu go and die

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by idarakriz(f): 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
gbengadada2004:

Sincerely, I don't think threatening ASUU to go back to class (without any concrete and documented agreement) is a rational thing to do. Nigerian leaders are shameless. Primary schools in some other countries are better than the best Nigerian university. I spent my first few months abroad weeping. I was asking God and myself: ''why is Nigeria like this''? Nigerian students sit on benches (some don't even have seats) including where I lecture. Many lecturers do not have office blocks. I have never used power point to teach in Nigeria (because there is no facility to carry it). Researches are not funded. Lecturers are paid peanuts. I told someone my salary and he was surprised. Lecturers earn over £4000 monthly (1millon naira) in the UK. They have grants (some over £1million in 2 years) to conduct research. They have access to world-class journals free, textbooks and other teaching materials. Many teach just one or two courses (I was teaching 8 in a week). Many of the people that kept Nigeria where it is today have their children abroad, and these children are sponsored with stolen wealth (I know how many are in my school). Sometimes I wonder if Nigerian political actors have conscience at all.
No mata what u say Nigeria is not UK, neither is their Gdp d same or their revenue reserve! Even when money is allocated pple from d top of the university hierachy syphone money e.g my school.I don't support d FG totally buh neither do I support ASUU, there shld look for ways to solve or attack the problem with minimal losses!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
slimikenna:

in any part of the civilised world...atleast the parts i know, you dont expect a pay if you did not work for it.

if kindness to you is that the strike should continue then I am happy you are not God and cannot judge my thoughts.
shu t up that your stinking mouth. so if its not done in other part of the world ,it should not apply here. okay in which part of the world did a union go on strike for 5 month? am sure if your dad was a member of ASUU and he tells you , no chicken this December because we were stupid in fighting for our right. am sure you would be excited.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by idarakriz(f): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
gbengadada2004:

Sincerely, I don't think threatening ASUU to go back to class (without any concrete and documented agreement) is a rational thing to do. Nigerian leaders are shameless. Primary schools in some other countries are better than the best Nigerian university. I spent my first few months abroad weeping. I was asking God and myself: ''why is Nigeria like this''? Nigerian students sit on benches (some don't even have seats) including where I lecture. Many lecturers do not have office blocks. I have never used power point to teach in Nigeria (because there is no facility to carry it). Researches are not funded. Lecturers are paid peanuts. I told someone my salary and he was surprised. Lecturers earn over £4000 monthly (1millon naira) in the UK. They have grants (some over £1million in 2 years) to conduct research. They have access to world-class journals free, textbooks and other teaching materials. Many teach just one or two courses (I was teaching 8 in a week). Many of the people that kept Nigeria where it is today have their children abroad, and these children are sponsored with stolen wealth (I know how many are in my school). Sometimes I wonder if Nigerian political actors have conscience at all.
No mata what u say Nigeria is not UK, neither is their Gdp d same or their revenue reserve! Even when money is allocated pple from d top of the university hierachy syphone money e.g my school.I don't support d FG totally buh neither do I support ASUU, there shld look for ways to solve or attack the problem with minimal losses! Sinz they r "intellectuals" they shld think for the country not their selvez u wld b surprised @ d turn out! Anoda big diff btw the UK nd Nigeria is dat doz pple are nationalistic and patriotic in perspective dan we r, we r so divided due to so many factors I won't be surpised if dz strike is not an act of sabotage!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by passionate88: 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
No Qualms:

Abegi, they knew all that before embarking on the strike..... They were prepared ....
Then why are they askin for their salaries to be paid?. Did they work/lectures that they want the FG to pay them?.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by agabaI23(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
unmask: ASUU met with the president true....but did they say they agreed with all he said? No.....instead they said they would take the matter back to their members and discuss the proposal, then get back to the president, which they did......This is in stark contrast to previous meetings where a brick wall was always met at said meetings
They said they would get the message across because they were satisfied with what they were told as the reps. That meeting was unlike the previous meetings where they held press conferences immediately after the meeting to say the government was not serious or sincere, that's assuming you have been following things.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by pmc01(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
GEJ wants to play them wayo, as it is characteristic of him (I have never trusted him, just for the records).

What assurance i s there that he won't turn around to claim he reached the verbal agreements with them in error, due to sleep deprivation, as a result of the overnight meeting

Put pen to paper Mr. President and stop preaching Gentleman's agreement. angry

Except of course, you get your pay and allowances on a gentleman's agreement. sad

Is it not the same gentleman's agreement that has left Stephen Keshi unpaid for eight months? Don't tell us nonsense, abeg! undecided
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by brownlord: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
Iaz93: Agreement? gringrin That FG should pay them their salaries and allowances for the 5 months they didn't work? Isn't that plain selfishness? gringrin They shouldn't resume na... Adekunle Ajasin Univ. has started recruiting new lectures. tongueundecided

Chai, abeg where computer center dey, i won type
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: it's people like this that are calling ASUU selfish. Your own is just for them to call it off for 2 months so YOU can defend YOUR thesis, fuq all the other students who aren't on the verge of graduation, once you've graduated, ASUU can strike for 3 years if they like. Ask the #TeamASUUcalloffstrike and all you'll hear is "I want to graduate....I've not written 1st semester exam...age is not on my side...." selfish reasons. The FG, ASUU and students are ALL selfish
what is this nefarious being saying? student selfish? Are we on free education? Idi*t we payed to learn, so tell me why we wouldn't wanna graduate.....I didn't wanna post buh assh*le lyk u pissed me off

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
idara kriz: abeg no deceive ur self o.Most of my lecturers dnt have teaching as dia only source, besyds what have been hearin is their income income, dey r not fighting for any educational restructurin @ all! See dem for who dey r liars they r only using what dey can to make u sympathetic! Human nature is that of greed! As for d language to FG its like a child whining "mummy see" d mum has turned and look it aint dat interesting so d child keeps whining and she ignores buh is not ingnorant just dat d sounds are now so monotonous it has turned to a bakgrownd song!
If extra funding for universities is part of their demands, then I see no reason why I shouldnt support them.....I know how far the little money that was used to renovate my department, helped enhance my learning.....they have other jobs...gud...if the federal government feel it would distract their teaching, they can always tell them to stop
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dj hack: what is this nefarious being saying? student selfish? Are we on free education? Idi*t we payed to learn, so tell me why we wouldn't wanna graduate.....I didn't wanna post buh assh*le lyk u pissed me off
just as you pay to learn, others are paid to teach.....those that were paid to teach didnt get paid, so they decided to stop work.....now you that has paid to get taught, can also stage a protest against those that should teach you that aren't doing so.......they inturn would relay your message to those that should pay them that haven't done so
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Dannyxy(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
The most annoying thing is that most people supporting ASUU strike are not students, just sideliners... First all, you guys are saying that f.g should just sign the agreement, do you think such things are child's play?, an agreement that was made after a 13hour sitting, then goes ahead to ASUU breached it by coming with new demands, as in wth?.. They are requesting for their salaries arrears, "which is actually the bone of contention", should that even be a prioty now? we students sacrificed our time, money etc, why can't they overlook the money(which they didn't actually work for).. Please, it just goes to show that they were never fight for us(students), we the students have suffered enough, they should call the strike damn off..
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dj hack: what is this nefarious being saying? student selfish? Are we on free education? Idi*t we payed to learn, so tell me why we wouldn't wanna graduate.....I didn't wanna post buh assh*le lyk u pissed me off
Are you supposed to pay ? why can't we have free education in this country? or is it wrong ,if the government gives us free education? get your priority right my friend
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by jaziridon(m): 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
If u knw u are feeling dis strike lemme hear u say, next yearrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by tunex23: 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
Still observing.....#teamAsuu
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
agabaI23: They said they would get the message across because they were satisfied with what they were told as the reps. That meeting was unlike the previous meetings where they held press conferences immediately after the meeting to say the government was not serious or sincere, that's assuming you have been following things.
all you said is the same as all I said..... and like I said before they were satisfied with what the president said, is still saying that they have an agreement they can finally present to their members to deliberate on
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Swiftboy(m): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hmmm! FG has blackmailed ASUU! I wonder if truelly FG has won the battle and the war! FG una weldone with your scheme!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by 99100(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Once again the position of Sincere Nigerians on NL have been vindicated. Our positions on national issues are always born out of sincerity, patriotism and national interest. We represent NATIONAL development and progress, nothing more.

All Sincere Nigerians should once again take a bow!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by bronx07: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
oya I want to tell talk this strike is just the handiwork of APC yo ruin PDP 2015 cause faggie has no point going on on this strike if 42 unis disagree with it at this point
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dannyxy: The most annoying thing is that most people supporting ASUU strike are not students, just sideliners... First all, you guys are saying that f.g should just sign the agreement, do you think such things are child's play?, an agreement that was made after a 13hour sitting, then goes ahead to ASUU breached it by coming with new demands, as in wth?.. They are requesting for their salaries arrears, "which is actually the bone of contention", should that even be a prioty now? we students sacrificed our time, money etc, why can't they overlook the money(which they didn't actually work for).. Please, it just goes to show that they were never fight for us(students), we the students have suffered enough, they should call the strike damn off..
guy it's not possible. am a student like you but I say never they must collect all ,what has f.g done for them? or they should go back to school on empty stomach. we are all in Nigeria and we know how it&s done. don't be gullible ,if you are not smart , people will cheat you.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Sajio(m): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
gbengadada2004:

.... Thank God u'v travelled out †̥ see for ur self... Did u ask the reason they are being paid such huge amount of money?? 1. They don't produce half-backed graduates †̥ their country. 2. They don't sell handouts †̥ their students. 3. They don't oppress the students. 4, they don't take bribe †̥ pass students. 5. They don't force their female student †̥ bed. 6. They are not curtist.7. They don't use 10yrs lesson note †̥ teach their student 8. They are proud of their job. 9.they are not lazy lecturers. Finally they are not greedy but contended with their pay... Plz learn †̥ be a good judge....

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by agabaI23(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
unmask: all you said is the same as all I said..... and like I said before they were satisfied with what the president said, is still saying that they have an agreement they can finally present to their members to deliberate on
No not the same. You asked a question: did they agree with him to which you answered no. How can they be satisfied when they didn't agree with him?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by brosun(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: For the interest of those listening; ASUU is not making any fresh demands after the 13 hour meeting with the president. All they are saying is that the agrrement of the meeting should be made binding by involving some important stakeholder from the finance sector to sign; datz all!

ASUU don't want to be played twice by the same govt. Sign the damn agreement and the schools will be opened; what's hard in that? If the govt is sincere, that agreement would have been signed already and the classes opened.

What GEJ expected was for ASUU to swallow his words hook, line and sinker and return to classes?

No way! Once beaten, twice shy!
This is the crux of the matter!!!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by mustaphagreens(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
Moderator1: For the interest of those
listening; ASUU is not making
any fresh demands after the
13 hour meeting with the
president. All they are saying
is that the agrrement of the
meeting should be made
binding by involving some
important stakeholder from
the finance sector to sign;
datz all!
ASUU don't want to be played
twice by the same govt. Sign
the damn agreement and the
schools will be opened;
what's hard in that? If the
govt is sincere, that
agreement would have been
signed already and the classes
opened.
What GEJ expected was for
ASUU to swallow his words
hook, line and sinker and
return to classes?
No way! Once beaten, twice
shy!

gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
yungryce:
& what hv dey achievd thus far? A backlog of salaries & a waiting sack. Try to use ur head once in a while even though i knw it might cause over heating
if you think f.g will sack them ,then you are very gullible.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Smily202(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sajio: .... Thank God u'v travelled out †̥ see for ur self... Did u ask the reason they are being paid such huge amount of money?? 1. They don't produce half-backed graduates †̥ their country. 2. They don't sell handouts †̥ their students. 3. They don't oppress the students. 4, they don't take bribe †̥ pass students. 5. They don't force their female student †̥ bed. 6. They are not curtist.7. They don't use 10yrs lesson note †̥ teach their student 8. They are proud of their job. 9.they are not lazy lecturers. Finally they are not greedy but contended with their pay... Plz learn †̥ be a good judge....

Agree with u guy......

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
i hope d striking lecturers wud commit dis sort energy they've bin dissipating for d past 5 months in clamouring for their 'rights'...in doing their jobs in d wake of d settlement of. dis imbroglio......cos most of our lecturers r helluva lazy..
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by cephaswizzy(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dannyxy: The most annoying thing is that most people supporting ASUU strike are not students, just sideliners... First all, you guys are saying that f.g should just sign the agreement, do you think such things are child's play?, an agreement that was made after a 13hour sitting, then goes ahead to ASUU breached it by coming with new demands, as in wth?.. They are requesting for their salaries arrears, "which is actually the bone of contention", should that even be a prioty now? we students sacrificed our time, money etc, why can't they overlook the money(which they didn't actually work for).. Please, it just goes to show that they were never fight for us(students), we the students have suffered enough, they should call the strike damn off..
very true, the pple that are supporting ASUU, must of them are not student
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Iaz93: 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: yes, new sub-standard lecturers who'll just turn out to be like Faggae and the rest in 5 years. When the likes of Wole Soyinka were lecturers in Nigeria there was a strike, FG threatened to sackand replace those who didn't return to class, the adamant lecturers were sacked and replaced with what we have now- greedy, lecherous men who get a kick out of sexually harrassing girls they can father. The purpose for the degenaration of our academic system was the selfish act of government. Educate yourself, demand the best, don't just cower and take whatever second-hand sh¡t they give you.
Nooooo! Sexual harassment didn't start today. It has been there sincccce. We've had greedy, wicked, devilish lecturers right from the onset. They should sack those who do not want to return to classes. RUBBISH! Greedy set of humans. You want to collect salary when you didn't work. undecided
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Smily202(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
All our leaders r corrupt.....I dint support the Fg neither do I support ASUU. ....they are just behaving this way Cause there Children Studying abroad..
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Dannyxy(m): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tadon200:
guy it's not possible. am a student like you but I say never they must collect all ,what has f.g done for them? or they should go back to school on empty stomach. we are all in Nigeria and we know how it&s done. don't be gullible ,if you are not smart , people will cheat you.
ASUU claim to be intellectuals but the got it all wrong, they were not smart all, in the eyes of everyone they now look like selfish bigots which might not be true.. If they had been smart enough to use simple reverse psychology on the goverment and public, they would have gotten what they wanted, but no the didn't, they took f.g for a fool, now they have themselve right played into hands of f.g.. We can say f.g has all the cards now..
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Iaz93: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
cephaswizzy: very true, the pple that are supporting ASUU, must of them are not student
Don't mind them. If they were still in school, not just in school but in 500L, last semester, few weeks to grad. They wouldn't be spewing thrash. RUBBISH!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Esther Ruby Daniel Wins Medals In Indian University / Orlu Road Primary School, Owerri: "A Death Trap" (Video, Photos) / Hilarious Picture Of A Nursery School Kid Dancing SHOKI!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.